PDA

View Full Version : My problem!

Dark Cacturne
6th December 2005, 6:31 PM
Well, my favorite pokémon are Cacturne, Skarmory and Cloyster.
This is my problem: I need some advice for a good moveset for them, I asked a couple of guys for it in school but their advice sucked.

Can someone help me out?

Cacturne LV 72 attached with leftovers
needle arm
faint attack
spikes
focus punch

Skarmory LV 69
steel wing
drill peck
fly
aerial ace

Cloyster LV 66
Ice beam
Aurora Beam
Blizzard
Surf

IS THIS ALL RIGHT??

Ekimaster
6th December 2005, 7:50 PM
I'm not very good at movesets, but I do know that three offensive moves of the same type at one pokemon is NOT good.

chaos952
6th December 2005, 8:09 PM
List natures and held items, then I'll rate.

Zootster
6th December 2005, 9:06 PM
Well, my favorite pokémon are Cacturne, Skarmory and Cloyster.
This is my problem: I need some advice for a good moveset for them, I asked a couple of guys for it in school but their advice sucked.

Can someone help me out?

needle arm
faint attack
spikes
focus punch

I've never used Cacturne so I can't help you here....

Skarmory LV 69
Spikes
drill peck
Roar
Rest

Cloyster LV 66
Ice beam
Spikes
Explosion
Surf

IS THIS ALL RIGHT??
Comments in Bold

Kveran
6th December 2005, 10:32 PM
CACTURNE @ Leftovers
Substitute
Focus Punch
Sunny Day
Solarbeam

Focus Punch only works if you don't get hit first. So you have to make it so that you likely won't get hit. Most Pokemon accomplish this best with Substitute + Focus Punch. You could use Grasswhistle + Focus Punch as an absolute last resort if you've already used your Substitute move tutor slot.

SKARMORY @ Leftovers
Fly/Drill Peck
Spikes
Rest
Whirlwind

Only use Fly if you use Skarmory as your flier in-game. I prefer Whirlwind over Roar because isn't Soundproof, but whatever.

CLOYSTER @ Leftovers/Focus Band
Ice Beam
Surf
Clamp
Explosion

Clamp is amusing because it drains your opponent's HP. I hate Explosion personally but it can really turn the tide for you in battle. Focus Band is included as an item option not because it's a valuable item but because Cloyster is going to faint pretty quickly most of the time and you might as well waste another of your opponent's PP while you're going down.

Couple basic rules: you only need one attack of each type on a Pokemon. Drill Peck, Aerial Ace, and Fly are very redundant. You also only really need one Spiker per team, more than that and it's a wasted move slot.

Carpetted!
7th December 2005, 12:30 AM
needle arm eh...
faint attack Sub maybe
spikes Sandstorm maybe?
focus punch Revenge if you don't use sub
Lol.
Skarmory LV 69 Lefties
steel wing
drill peck Spikes
fly Roar
aerial ace

Cloyster LV 66Lefties
Ice beam
Aurora Beam NO. Explosion
Blizzard Rapid spun maybe, sucks ingame though
Surf

Gosh... three spikers in one team. Just so you know, Cacnea's my favorite pokemon.

BlueBeauty
7th December 2005, 1:27 AM
Skarmory w/ Chesto Berry
Rest
Roar
Spikes
Steel Wing

Steel Wing can be interchangeable with other moves. I just prefer Steel Wing.

SapphireL
7th December 2005, 1:48 AM
ingame:

Cacturne:
-Needle Arm
-Leech Seed
-Spikes
-Faint Attack/EDIT: Thunder Punch

yeah. You could use:
-Focus Punch
-Substitute
-HP Ice (lol if you're lucky)/EDIT: Thunder Punch
-Needle Arm

but I would personally go with the 1st MS I suggested.

Rudoku
7th December 2005, 2:47 PM
yeah. You could use:
-Focus Punch
-Substitute
-HP Ice (lol if you're lucky)
-Needle Arm

but I would personally go with the 1st MS I suggested.
You can put Thunder Punch over HP Ice, for variety's sake if you can't get a good HP.

Dark Cacturne
7th December 2005, 3:33 PM
Hmm maybe I remove my spikes for thunder punch, maybe it could work, thanks.
my other pokémon are

Crawdaunt lv 71
crunch
crabhammer
bubblebeam
ice beam

Scizor lv 61
metal claw
slash
steel wing
silver wind

Cradily lv 68
recover
barrier: maybe I will remove it and put Toxic
rock slide
earthquake

These six pokémon (cacturne, crawdaunt, skarmory, cloyster, scizor and cradily) are very important for me. So I can use all advices, then I will rate your pokémon too.

Neo
7th December 2005, 7:44 PM
Well, because of Cacturne's ability, if you like to have an element of luck in your game (as we all do! :D) and you've already used Sub then you can use this moveset:
Cacturne@Brightpowder/Lax Insense
Sandstorm
Focus Punch
Needle Arm
Faint Attack
or whatever else you like in place of Needle Arm and Faint Attack. Of course most people will say this moveset is rubbish because its unreliable, but its only in-game, its different and its even fun to use! :D

Kveran
7th December 2005, 8:25 PM
CRAWDAUNT @ Leftovers
Surf
Ancient Power / HP Rock
Swords Dance
Return

Crawdaunt was not gifted with good Special Attack, so he's best used Physically.

SCIZOR @ Leftovers/Scope Lens/Liechi Berry
Swords Dance
Agility
Silver Wind
HP (Ground)/HP (Rock)/Steel Wing

With Swarm and Liechi Berry activated, a Swords Danced Scizor can wreak utter hell with Silver Wind. Which is probably the best use you'll get out of Scizor. Needs setup time.

CRADILY @ Leftovers (Modest)
Substitute
Sunny Day
Solarbeam
Recover

I love this Cradily set, but it's not a team player. Another option would be

CRADILY @ Leftovers (Adamant)
Earthquake
Toxic
Rock Slide
Recover

Right off the bat I see that you have a huge weakness to Fire. Crawdaunt is an unreliable counter because his defenses are not the best. Your Earthquakers are also unreliable because they are slower than the Fire types- and also weak to Fire. Cradily is great to counter Electrics with Earthquake but risky against Fire types. Your types are also redundant: two Waters, two Steels, and two Grasses. There's nothing wrong with using your favorites but you have to use them effectively.

BlueBeauty
7th December 2005, 9:11 PM
get rid of Crabhammer, Metal Claw and Barrier. and where are the Items and natures?

SapphireL
8th December 2005, 12:43 AM
You can put Thunder Punch over HP Ice, for variety's sake if you can't get a good HP.
WHOOPS! ^_^;; Thunder Punch. Yeah. Thas a good move for Cacturne. Thanks for reminding me. lol

Unknown Shadower
8th December 2005, 12:55 AM
You know, leftovers arent THAT great, especially when your frontiering and only can have 1 with it, stop suggesting all leftovers, it's not so superior.

SapphireL
8th December 2005, 1:46 AM
You know, leftovers arent THAT great, especially when your frontiering and only can have 1 with it, stop suggesting all leftovers, it's not so superior.
Leftovers ARE great. I mean, they restore Hp in battle. O_o

Horn Drill
8th December 2005, 2:02 AM

Erm, more like Leftovers is the best item ever. ._. It's useful on many different kinds of Pokemon, can restore up to 16 HP every turn, and it's pretty easy to get multiples of it ingame. >_> We suggest it a lot because it's the best item to use. You can't use Choice Band on a Special Attacker or tank, most Berries are sucky, and hax is out of the question.

Leftovers = Best Item Ever.

If you use Brightpowder then Santa Claus will give you ashes and switches for Christmas. :@

Carpetted!
8th December 2005, 2:04 AM
can restore up to 16 HP every turn,
I've seen more than 16 a turn.