PDA

View Full Version : Green Guardian! (432)

Serebii
8th December 2005, 7:44 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/432.jpgGreen Guardian!

On their way to the Battle Pike, Ash & Co. enter a forest. While in the forest, Pikachu wanders off and finds an injured Celebi and decides to help it. Ash & Co. decide to go look for Pikachu when they meet up with a Pokémon Ranger. Together they find Pikachu & help Celebi, only for Team Rocket to try and capture it. Will they be able to protect Celebi?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/kanto/432.shtml)

Discuss

Addydo
8th December 2005, 7:53 PM
This looks and sounds like a great episode! I can't wait to see the pictures! :D
Does May's egg hatch in this one?

General Blaze
8th December 2005, 8:06 PM
Oh boy! Can't wait for the pics to come out! I'm really exited about this one!

MidnightScott
8th December 2005, 9:35 PM
Hopefully I will get to download it today - since I have off today...
I can't wait to see the Ranger in action. xD

~Scott;229;

ZoraJolteon
8th December 2005, 9:37 PM
According to Pokeani, no egg hatching. Office Jenny does make her first appearence for a while though.

Feity
8th December 2005, 10:40 PM
is it a cliffhanger, or atleast something showing that its a multi-parter?

Meganium Ex
8th December 2005, 10:41 PM
Who knows, but I'm sure nothing important is gonna happen...But at leaast there's Celebi! ^^

♥~Darkness Within~♥
9th December 2005, 12:48 AM
This should be an intersing episode

Serebii
9th December 2005, 12:57 AM
Ok new rule...please dont discuss the episode unless you have seen it orp ics have been released, please dont post with "This should be an interesting episode" or "I cant wait to see this" or anything like that

Black Marauder
9th December 2005, 1:05 AM
This episode is interesting. Celebi was cute ^o^

Feity
9th December 2005, 3:38 AM
This is the first one part episode entirely about a legendary, right?

I guess you could count Zapdos, since he didn't really show up in the first episode...

V Faction
9th December 2005, 3:47 AM
Replace Celebi with another Pokemon and Hinata with any other girl and you'd have a below average filler.

Chatsy
9th December 2005, 8:52 AM
When I saw the trailer for this, I had a deja vu on that mechanism to catch Celebi with.

Is it really such a good catching device? Metal "claws"? Sheesh.

Golden Darkness
9th December 2005, 10:37 AM
Ok... seen the episode.

Intro updated again. Replacing Phanpy with Donphan. Mysterious Dungeon scenes still in.

Episode begins with a forest fire, with a bunch of Pokemon watching the blaze. Celebi flies in and creates special thorned vines that put out the fire. Once the fire is gone, the vines dissipate. Celebi is exhausted though, managing barely enough energy for a time travel/teleport to escape a falling tree. However once it reappears elsewhere, it has little energy felt that it floats to the ground. weak. It does however creates hoards of vines to surround itself.

Cut to Ash and Co. They are headed to the Cycling Road so they can make their way to Fuschia City, the location of the Battle Pike. However, the Cycling Road is closed, due to a massive overgrowth of vines. A Officer Jenny points them to a detour path that's sits aside a forest.

On the path however, Pikachu senses something, and runs off into the forest. Ash and co give chase, but is then blocked by Hinata, the Pokemon Ranger, with her Plusle. Ash explains that he's trying to find his Pikachu, and then Hinita reports in, as her Capture Styler doubles as a cell phone apparently. Hinita allows the group to join her as they make their way towards the vines.

Already at the vines is Pikachu. As he goes through the vines, he runs past Team Rocket, who are stuck among the outgrowth.

Back to Ash and co, as they reach the vines. They can't get through. Hinita explains that these vines were created by Celebi. Then Hinita uses the Capture Styler to take command of three Linoone, and have them cut through the vines.

Back to Pikachu, as it has found Celebi. Seein Celebi's weak, it's goes off to find something for Celebi to eat.

Back to Ash and co, where Hinita's continuing her explanations. They soon come upon the trapped Team Rocket. The Linoone free them on Hinita's command, but they are told to leave the forest.

Cut to Pikachu, where it has provided some berries for Celebi to eat.

Ash and co reach a part wher the vines are really thick. The Linoone run off, their job done. Hinita uses the Capture Styler on a Diglet and Dugtrio to dig under the vines to reach the other side. This path allows them to reach Celebi and Pikachu. The group spends the night watching over Celebi till it gets better.

Next morning, Celebi's all better. It flies up and makes all the thorns disappear. However, ruining the moment is Team Rocket, where they capture Celebi with their new robot. Hinita stops them by having Plusle attack the robot while she forces open one of the claws. Celebi is freed, and the robot blows up, sending Team Rocket flying up, and crashing down. However, they won't give up. It's Jame's Cacnea and Jessie's Serviper versus Brock's Marshtomp and Ash's Pikachu. Cue usual ownage of Team Rocket, with Pikachu's Volt Tackle as the finishing blow.

The robot blows up a bit more, causing the nearby trees to catch on fire. Celebi demonstrates its powers by creating those same vines to put out the fires like at the beginning of the episode, impressing the gang.

Soon everyone parts ways. Episode ends with Ash and co biking on the Cycling Road towards Fuschia City.

Black Marauder
9th December 2005, 12:07 PM
Ok... seen the episode.

Intro updated again. Replacing Phanpy with Donphan. Mysterious Dungeon scenes still in.

Episode begins with a forest fire, with a bunch of Pokemon watching the blaze. Celebi flies in and creates special thorned vines that put out the fire. Once the fire is gone, the vines dissipate. Celebi is exhausted though, managing barely enough energy for a time travel/teleport to escape a falling tree. However once it reappears elsewhere, it has little energy felt that it floats to the ground. weak. It does however creates hoards of vines to surround itself.

Cut to Ash and Co. They are headed to the Cycling Road so they can make their way to Fuschia City, the location of the Battle Pike. However, the Cycling Road is closed, due to a massive overgrowth of vines. A Officer Jenny points them to a detour path that's sits aside a forest.

On the path however, Pikachu senses something, and runs off into the forest. Ash and co give chase, but is then blocked by Hinata, the Pokemon Ranger, with her Plusle. Ash explains that he's trying to find his Pikachu, and then Hinita reports in, as her Capture Styler doubles as a cell phone apparently. Hinita allows the group to join her as they make their way towards the vines.

Already at the vines is Pikachu. As he goes through the vines, he runs past Team Rocket, who are stuck among the outgrowth.

Back to Ash and co, as they reach the vines. They can't get through. Hinita explains that these vines were created by Celebi. Then Hinita uses the Capture Styler to take command of three Linoone, and have them cut through the vines.

Back to Pikachu, as it has found Celebi. Seein Celebi's weak, it's goes off to find something for Celebi to eat.

Back to Ash and co, where Hinita's continuing her explanations. They soon come upon the trapped Team Rocket. The Linoone free them on Hinita's command, but they are told to leave the forest.

Cut to Pikachu, where it has provided some berries for Celebi to eat.

Ash and co reach a part wher the vines are really thick. The Linoone run off, their job done. Hinita uses the Capture Styler on a Diglet and Dugtrio to dig under the vines to reach the other side. This path allows them to reach Celebi and Pikachu. The group spends the night watching over Celebi till it gets better.

Next morning, Celebi's all better. It flies up and makes all the thorns disappear. However, ruining the moment is Team Rocket, where they capture Celebi with their new robot. Hinita stops them by having Plusle attack the robot while she forces open one of the claws. Celebi is freed, and the robot blows up, sending Team Rocket flying up, and crashing down. However, they won't give up. It's Jame's Cacnea and Jessie's Serviper versus Brock's Marshtomp and Ash's Pikachu. Cue usual ownage of Team Rocket, with Pikachu's Volt Tackle as the finishing blow.

The robot blows up a bit more, causing the nearby trees to catch on fire. Celebi demonstrates its powers by creating those same vines to put out the fires like at the beginning of the episode, impressing the gang.

Soon everyone parts ways. Episode ends with Ash and co biking on the Cycling Road towards Fuschia City.

Yea, this episode was a bit disappointing :'(

Porygandrew
9th December 2005, 3:26 PM
Sounds like pretty much what I predicted, though the using Dugtrio to make a tunnel is intriguing, perhaps something like that could be in the game?

Judai Yuki
9th December 2005, 3:51 PM
so.. next week a Bonsly ep.How did you already see this episode?

Feity
9th December 2005, 5:10 PM
Dugtrio? Hoorah! Its always nice to see something someone predicted almost come true.

Gravy
9th December 2005, 8:12 PM
This episode was about as exciting as watching paint dry. And let me tell you, watching paint dry ain't no fun.
Despite the name on the tin, this was pretty damn generic. Celebi didn't do anything we haven't seen beofre in the 4th movie and the Ranger Girl wasn't exactly the most interesting character we'll ever see. And despite her being a pretty bland character it would have, at the very least, been nice to see the characters actually say good-bye to her instead of having the episode end abruptly as they ride along Cycling Road.

The way the Capture styler was put into action was pretty lame at best. I'm supposed to believe that a group of pokémon is just going to stand there and not even flinch whilst a speedy little spinning top and a beam of light surrournds them. Pffft, rubbish.

I did however, like that Marshtomp actually did something of any use, and Manene imitating James as he tried to free himself from Cacnea's grip was rather amusing.
Um...thats about it I guess. When the only highlight of an episode is a few brief seconds of Manene imitating someone, you know its gonna suck.

Heracross
9th December 2005, 8:23 PM
Cycling Road? Certainly it isn't the Cycling Road - the one we saw in "The Bridge Bike Gang"?

Pokeballs
9th December 2005, 8:29 PM
I'm pretty sure it must be, but alas no bike gang D:

Gravy
9th December 2005, 8:33 PM
Cycling Road? Certainly it isn't the Cycling Road - the one we saw in "The Bridge Bike Gang"?
It wasn't. The whole thing seemed to be suspended above the generic forest of woe, and the bridge itself didn't look like the one featured in the bridge bike gang ep either. :/

It was called Cycling Road though. Special thanks goes to the big banner above the entrance reading 'Cycling Road' for informing me of that http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Pokeballs
9th December 2005, 8:37 PM
hmmm that's right, the one we saw in the first season directly connected the two cities correct? This one was going through the forest of mishaps and adventure

V Faction
9th December 2005, 9:23 PM
It was called Cycling Road though. Special thanks goes to the big banner above the entrance reading 'Cycling Road' for informing me of that http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/icons/icon14.gif
I'm pretty sure you meant to say Cycring Road there Gravy.

And the episode.... well, the preview for the Bonsly episode is enjoyable at least.

JazzJazz
9th December 2005, 9:23 PM
I doubt it's the same Cycling Road... surely, if it was, it would've been referred to by the characters or perhaps in an upcoming episode title.

PDL
9th December 2005, 10:23 PM
the episode sounds pretty terrible if you ask me... it doesn't give me high hopes for the ranger game :\

Heracross
9th December 2005, 10:32 PM
It wasn't. The whole thing seemed to be suspended above the generic forest of woe, and the bridge itself didn't look like the one featured in the bridge bike gang ep either. :/

Hooray for continuity.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
9th December 2005, 10:39 PM
It was cool to see Ash and Brock team up together. That's pretty much all I liked. As for the Ranger, what's up with her hair?

CyberCubed
9th December 2005, 10:55 PM
Was this episode really that lackluster? It looked really promising since it had the female Ranger and Celebi....shame.

S.Suikun
9th December 2005, 11:51 PM
Well, if the Zapdos episode in Johto proved anything, it's that legendary main roles cannot alone change the quality of an episode, and thus, cannot prevent it from sucking. This really should have been a two-parter to not only give Celebi a larger role, but the ranger as well. Maybe it would have flowed better if it were linked to the upcoming May time-travelling episode.

Matt Silver
10th December 2005, 12:14 AM
This epi sounded off and probably was...
I like the idea of the Capture Styler being a phone as well! That says somethign about the game! Annoying PHONES!!! lol.
Anyway i liked how she used that thing. THe Linoone, The Dugtrio. Nice.

The Big Al
10th December 2005, 12:38 AM
She actually used a Dugtrio?

Too bad beyond that this sounds like an awful episode. To turn this into a fillerish episode (in fact I'll go all the way and call this a full blown filler) we had a stupid TR mech to add insult to injury.

Well, we knew it wouldn't last. Attack of the awful fillers has returned with a revengence and this three episode group which looked so good now looks so bad.

Gaiash
10th December 2005, 12:39 AM
Tell me did the Ranger actually have a name?

Momoko Lover
10th December 2005, 12:40 AM
I think the only thing I thought was interesting about this episode was the Capture Styler. Overall, the episode was pure crap. 4/10.

S.Suikun
10th December 2005, 12:47 AM
Tell me, did Ash or Brock have any recollection of 4th movie Celebi whatsoever? Or did they at least know what Celebi was? Or did Ash say "WtF iS a CeLeBi DoOdZ!?!"

And from looking at the pictures, the animation is seriously off-model in places.

Gravy
10th December 2005, 12:51 AM
She actually used a Dugtrio?
She also uses a Diglett too, which happens to surface alongside the Dugtrio. Even so, the fact that they just appear from nowhere and just let the Ranger use them as tools is still pretty weak.

Tell me did the Ranger actually have a name?
Hinata~

Gaiash
10th December 2005, 12:55 AM
Hinata~
Hinata eh? Cool.

I think this episode was quite good to be honest, it was more of a promotional episode but still I liked it (Let me guess, someones going to say "Well YOU would")

The Big Al
10th December 2005, 1:04 AM
That someone is me.

English. Real honest to God English on the sign. And then Tajirian on the detour sign. Could we at least be consistant?

Jikkle
10th December 2005, 1:06 AM
If you thought beating up a pokemon and stuffing it in a tiny ball was wrong just wait till you see someone using a beyblade thingie and a spinning a wand to brainwash pokemon to do their bidding! :D

It was a pretty lousy episode and one you can easily afford to miss unless you want to see how stupid the whole controlling pokemon thing looks.

Heracross
10th December 2005, 1:15 AM
Where to start? ...I can't say I'm very impressed by this whole ranger business. Funny how there just happened to be pokémon randomly loitering about for her to use, eh? It would have been funny if none were available and they had to waste time looking around the forest for some.

The plot was essentially ripped-off from the fourth movie - Serebii is in a dangerous situation, teleports itself to another time, is weak from using too much energy, Satoshi-tachi nurse it back to health, it's stolen, then saved, and goes back to whenever it was in the first place. Not very original.

And "Cycling Road"... is a blasphemy. It's bad enough that the writers refuse to include anything from the original Kanto, but when they take something that actually was and completely screw it over, it's just revolting.

Honestly, Kojirou-tachi were the only part I really enjoyed in this episode. I actually chuckled when they were trapped in the vines and Soonansu popped out and squashed Musashi. They seem to have a bad time with vines, don't they? They could have used a Kabigon to help eat them away and clear the spring. Oh, wait...

And I officially love Manene now. It was hilarious when he was imitating Kojirou struggling with Sabonea.

Pika Hikari KT
10th December 2005, 1:46 AM
The plot was essentially ripped-off from the fourth movie - Serebii is in a dangerous situation, teleports itself to another time, is weak from using too much energy, Satoshi-tachi nurse it back to health, it's stolen, then saved, and goes back to whenever it was in the first place. Not very original.
Hey, at least it didn't have a temporary death this time...BTW, was there any 4th movie music used?

Heracross
10th December 2005, 1:49 AM
Hey, at least it didn't have a temporary death this time...BTW, was there any 4th movie music used?
Yes, there were two or three pieces taken from it as well.

Toyota Cressida
10th December 2005, 2:32 AM
Why don't they have Brock use ****ing Forretress???????????? *angry to the max*

Heracross
10th December 2005, 3:59 AM
Well they did have him use Numakuro at least.

ghost master
10th December 2005, 4:08 AM
And I officially love Manene now. It was hilarious when he was imitating Kojirou struggling with Sabonea. yeah this episode and the episode before really showed off of it's personality. Also did anyone notice that it seemed that Brock showed a genuine interest with the ranger stuff. Like how Hinata would show him the little capture stylus/ walkie talkie when doing things. Although this could be Brock just showing interest in anything that random filler person does as a job.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
10th December 2005, 4:37 AM
Why don't they have Brock use ****ing Forretress???????????? *angry to the max*

Just wait one more week and you'll be happy.

Geodude
10th December 2005, 6:38 AM
The way the Capture styler was put into action was pretty lame at best. I'm supposed to believe that a group of pokémon is just going to stand there and not even flinch whilst a speedy little spinning top and a beam of light surrournds them. Pffft, rubbish.
Why not? They obviously didn't sense any danger from it, they just didn't know what it was. And the gadget is probably designed so that Pokemon won't think it's dangerous or whatever...which it isn't. And we don't know much about this thing yet either, it's entirely possible that, just like a Pokeball, it isn't always 100% effective.

Toyota Cressida
10th December 2005, 6:39 AM
Just wait one more week and you'll be happy.
Was Forretress in next week's preview? Sorry if it was mentioned earlier as I didn't read the whole thread.

Geodude
10th December 2005, 8:02 AM
Yes. There was even a bunch of Spikes surrounding Bonsly that probably came from Forretress.

Another piece of trivia: the Styler is also a condition checker - Hinata uses it to determine what moves a Pokémon can use.

Chris
10th December 2005, 12:43 PM
Ok new rule...please dont discuss the episode unless you have seen it orp ics have been released, please dont post with "This should be an interesting episode" or "I cant wait to see this" or anything like that
You mean we haven't been saying this before? >_> I thought that was part of the "No speculation talk" rule.

ShoOCha0tic
10th December 2005, 6:21 PM
this episode looks like a regular filler, exept for celebi XD

JazzJazz
10th December 2005, 10:07 PM
Also did anyone notice that it seemed that Brock showed a genuine interest with the ranger stuff. Like how Hinata would show him the little capture stylus/ walkie talkie when doing things. Although this could be Brock just showing interest in anything that random filler person does as a job.

I'd say it's just Brock's general interest... what would actually surprise me is if Brock actually showed some interest into the area of pokemon breeding.

Chris
11th December 2005, 12:37 AM
After looking at screenshots, I have come to this conclusion.

The animators spent a lot of time fiddling with Hinata's shorts to keep them from being too short, but giving quite a bit of fanservice at the same time. >_>;

~Flareon~
11th December 2005, 10:55 AM
I have seen this Celebi episode. I was good to see Celebi in this Kanto episode.
On the path however, Pikachu senses something weird, and runs off into the forest. Ash & the gang give chase, but however they lost Pikachu & is then blocked by Hinata, the Pokemon Ranger, with her Plusle. Ash explains that he's trying to find his Pikachu, and then Hinata reports in, as her Capture Styler doubles as a cell phone apparently. Hinata allows the group to join her as well they make their way towards the vines. Already at the vines is Pikachu. As he goes through the vines, he runs past Team Rocket, who are stuck among the outgrowth.
But actually when Team Rocket's new robot almost explodes from Hinata's Plusle's thunderbolt attack, they haven't blast off yet, they want to take Celebi & Pikachu to the boss but Ash and the others said that there is no way to steal Pokemon. They refuse & settle this with a Pokemon battle as usual. Jessie & James send out Seviper & Cacnea. Brock sends out Marshtomp to join the battle as well as Ash sends in Pikachu to battle too. Jessie orders Seviper use Poison Tail & James orders Cacnea use Pin Missile but Pikachu jumps on Marshtomp's head & they dodge Seviper and Cacnea's attacks, Brock orders Marshtomp to use Mud Shot(I am not sure is Muddy Water)at Seviper first then Ash orders Pikachu to use Thunderbolt at Seviper then Iron Tail at Cacnea. Ash's Pikachu finishes Team Rocket & their Pokemons off with a Volt Tackle. And this episode ends Ash, Pikachu & the gang riding with their bikes at Cycling Road and towards Fuschia City.

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
11th December 2005, 1:34 PM
$10 says the Hinata's shorts will become jeans when this epi reaches the US of A ._.

This episode looked good for a lot of people, but apparently it was awful(and too short). From what I read from the various reviews, it seems like a blatant rip-off of the 4th movie(I'm regurgitating information here >_>).

Some questions: Did Ash or Brock make any reference to the 4th movie Celebi? And is this episode considered a filler, or is it important because of the Ranger?

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

stu770
11th December 2005, 1:40 PM
when is it being shown in the uk

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
11th December 2005, 3:13 PM
when 4kids dub it, sell the tape to a UK tv channel and they decide to air it

in otherwords, FLIPPIN AGES

we are still waiting for catch snorunt which is in late hoenn!

anyway:
good ep, loved to see celebi, Joe needs to do a character bio of Hinata (or whatever her name was) even including pokemon she used, including Linoone, Diglett and Dugtrio and the one she owns, Plusle

her thing did look alot like a bayblade though, and she is pretty damn fit (not meaning looks but she is fit in that way as well) how many characters have you seen jump from tree to tree like that?

9/10

Gravy
11th December 2005, 3:27 PM
Why not? They obviously didn't sense any danger from it, they just didn't know what it was. And the gadget is probably designed so that Pokemon won't think it's dangerous or whatever...which it isn't. And we don't know much about this thing yet either, it's entirely possible that, just like a Pokeball, it isn't always 100% effective.
We've seen pokémon that have been afraid of the mere sight of a human entering their domain. So logically, when a group of 4 unknown humans come along into their vast forest territory and start firing energy producing projectiles at them, they should at the very least be somewhat cautious about it. But they just sit there, totally dumbfounded by the whole thing?
Even later in the episode we see Pikachu getting irrate because an unknown woman suddenly pops up from nowhere. And even though it was protecting Celebi its still the same principal.

Its not a big deal or anything, but the way they went about it just seemed so awkward. And if its intended to foreshadow how this mechanic is going to work in the game, then I can't say I'm fond of the idea :/

Geodude
11th December 2005, 5:50 PM
Episodes air in the UK/US roughly a year after airing in Japan.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
11th December 2005, 6:18 PM
I decided to watch the episode again and I saw something I missed the first time. Right after Dugtrio and Diglett make the hole and everyone jumps in, it was funny to hear Brock hurt himself when he landed.

FlamingRuby
12th December 2005, 4:26 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Hinata says "Let'er rip" when using that controller thingy of hers when this is dubbed...

jolteonjak
12th December 2005, 10:47 PM
Oh gosh...I hope not. I must say, Volt Tackle looks great animated. Is the same person doing Pikachu's and Manane's voices?

Pokemon Fan
13th December 2005, 9:58 PM
We've seen pokémon that have been afraid of the mere sight of a human entering their domain. So logically, when a group of 4 unknown humans come along into their vast forest territory and start firing energy producing projectiles at them, they should at the very least be somewhat cautious about it. But they just sit there, totally dumbfounded by the whole thing?
Well it was a detour road used on a regular basis by travellers. Perhaps like real world national parks and such the Pokemon have become largely used to people and mostly go about their own activities regardless of human presence.

Was it explained how the Capture Styler worked? I mean from what I read here about it being able to tell what attacks a Pokemon knew, it was more a way to know what Pokemon to ask for help than to directly control them. Perhaps it improves communication between human and Pokemon and thus the Pokemon is willing to help out? I just don't see the characters all reacting well if it was direct temporary mind control. They've always shown that as morally wrong in the anime.

Yamato-san
14th December 2005, 4:42 AM
Oh gosh...I hope not. I must say, Volt Tackle looks great animated. Is the same person doing Pikachu's and Manane's voices?

Now that you mention it.... a quick look-up on Pokeani (http://pokeani.com/voice-agyo.html#o) shows that they are indeed voiced by the same person, Ootani Ikue.

Anyway, I kinda liked that music that played when Hinata used the capture stylus on those Pokemon. I haven't heard it before, so I'm wondering if it'll be a piece in the game. And Gravy, don't get too discouraged. The game's likely gonna start out with calm, docile Pokemon that are easy to catch like in this episode, and as the areas progress, the Pokemon will be harder to deal with.

And, if I may go on a small "underused Pokemon" rant here... dammit, a Cocoon appeared right there, taunting me that it's nothing but background material again. If you want shafted Pokemon, there you go. One of the original 151, and the most it ever got was a very, very brief scene in the fourth episode before evolving into Spear. I really like cocoon Pokemon, personally.... it's interesting to see how something that should be immobile in real life manage to hop around and kick a** if trained properly (props to Tsukushi for doing just that with a Trancel). I also enjoy the aspect of a somewhat oxymoronical irony in seeing weak Pokemon that are well-trained... cocoons, worms, Koiking, Himanuts, etc. Recently, I've been emulating that Mysterius Dungeon game, and I couldn't help but play as a Cocoon for just a little while after I gained the ability to evolve. You should see that thing hop around town ^^.

Bulba the Great!
14th December 2005, 4:53 AM
Anyway, I kinda liked that music that played when Hinata used the capture stylus on those Pokemon. I haven't heard it before, so I'm wondering if it'll be a piece in the game.

I don't know where else you might have heard that music, but I know I recognize it as the Battle Tower theme in Movie Seven, although that may have been re-used from something else...

Geodude
15th December 2005, 8:26 PM
These probably weren't all caught in Serebii's screenshots...here's Pikachu making faces at the weakened Celebi to cheer it up:

http://www.geoscreens.com/ash/ag155pikafunnyface.jpg http://www.geoscreens.com/ash/ag155pikafunnyface2.jpg http://www.geoscreens.com/ash/ag155pikafunnyface3.jpg http://www.geoscreens.com/ash/ag155pikafunnyface4.jpg http://www.geoscreens.com/ash/ag155pikafunnyface5.jpg

skarmachild
15th December 2005, 11:56 PM
The episode wasn't that bad, but it could have been more.

I want to see future Rangers, I think they're pretty cool.

Well it wasn't exactly a filler, it had Celebi and the first appearence of a Ranger.

And the next ep aint a filler because a certain trainer catches a certain Pokemon.

Then the next is when May travels through time, which should be fun.

latias chan
15th June 2006, 11:23 PM
that episode was good i guess

Anyone 4 Buttons?
12th July 2006, 12:12 AM
Where to start? ...I can't say I'm very impressed by this whole ranger business. Funny how there just happened to be pokémon randomly loitering about for her to use, eh? It would have been funny if none were available and they had to waste time looking around the forest for some.

The right ones just seemed to appear didn't they? A Caterpie would have been really helpful if it had appeared...

I don't like the Rangers, and think Celebi's appearance was severely abused in this episode. I just felt everything seemed to resolve itself far too quickly. Not impressed really.

Raine_Skylock
12th September 2006, 2:10 AM
for some reason, this might be the promo episode of the Pokemon Ranger game in the US this October. I havent watched this special and was hoping it will air sometime in October

Ashy Boy
25th September 2006, 8:37 PM
It's quite impressive to see what a Pokemon Ranger like Hinata does with Pokemon.

Darkness Angel
7th October 2006, 8:31 AM
Been looking forward to seeing this one.

Judai Yuki
7th October 2006, 3:35 PM
Salana.....

-Judai

Korobooshi Kojiro
7th October 2006, 3:41 PM
The music during the Linoone scene was AMAZING.

Is that from Ranger?

Leon Phelps
7th October 2006, 3:49 PM
Salana.....

-Judai
How the hell did the come up with that out of "Hinata"?

My beloved Hinata was boring as hell in this episode. The music was good but there were more out of character dialouge or just plain stupidity.

May: What's time travel?

-_-

Judai Yuki
7th October 2006, 3:52 PM
XD May's stupid. And so is Manene but both for good reasons. :D

-Judai

WaterDragon trainer
7th October 2006, 3:54 PM
This episode was great. It was cool to see Celebi in the anime. Salona (I think that was her name) is a bad name. I liked the name Hinata better. The capture styler was kinda weird. It was nice of Pikachu to help Celebi. Celebi and Solana were awesome.

Lil Brother
7th October 2006, 3:57 PM
XD May's stupid. And so is Manene but both for good reasons. :D

-JudaiO.O Mime Jr.'s awesome.

But I gotta agree with May's question being stupid. What 10/11-year-old girl doesn't know what time travel is? :P

TotodileCharizard
7th October 2006, 3:59 PM
I think the only good things of this episode were Celebi and Pikachu. And Seviper.....I guess.

EmbersBackUpSinger
7th October 2006, 4:03 PM
it was really good i liked when The ranger (dont know her name) was like Blah blah im catching linoone.

Judai Yuki
7th October 2006, 4:03 PM
O.O Mime Jr.'s awesome.

But I gotta agree with May's question being stupid. What 10/11-year-old girl doesn't know what time travel is? :P
Manene pulled Cacnea off of it. :D

-Judai

CyberCubed
7th October 2006, 5:48 PM
So is Salona the same name she has in the games?

Nathan Madien
7th October 2006, 5:53 PM
So is Salona the same name she has in the games?

I guess so. "Salona" does sound like one of those preprogrammed names you can give your character whenever you start a new Pokemon game.

Overall, I liked the episode. It was cool to see something from the games (The Cycling Road), it was cute to watch Pikachu take care of Celebi, Salona had a good voice, and PUSA thought nothing about her spandex shorts.

Darkness Angel
7th October 2006, 6:00 PM
Beyblade meets Pokemon.

S.Suikun
7th October 2006, 7:09 PM
Hinata sounded like a frickin' guy! 0_o *cries*

And PUSA doesn't seem to be making dub names similar to the Japanese ones like 4Kids did, so I wouldn't be surprised if we got something other than the bland-sounding Sarah for Saori. Besides, Salona (sp?) is a pretty hawt-sounding name, though Heather would have been the clincher. *hopes they give it to Saori*

I'm very happy they kept the Ranger music from the Japanese version. Otherwise, I still think this should have been a two-parter linked to the May time-travel episode. I still think it feels nothing more than a regular filler with Celebi being treated just like a typical Pokemon. And I still think Hinata's hawt because she's a heartless b**** who uses mind-control on random Pokemon, even with her obscurely deep voice.

darza77
8th October 2006, 3:24 AM
May:whats time travel?
ughh, what a stupid question, at least Ash didnt say something like "Celebii, I wonder what kind of pokemon that is(Than checks it in his pokedex)" if he did that i would have punched my television screen.

C.J. Ray
8th October 2006, 3:56 AM
So finally, after hearing so much about the Rangers of the "Pokemon Ranger" games, Hinata finally appears in the dub as "Celana." At least it wasn't some lame-butt name like "Harriet." :D

[Goes into Dogasu-mode]

I really think that the dub did the original justice. No silly jokes or anything, and they kept everything intact. Seeing Hinata in action really sparked my interest in the Ranger game coming out this Halloween. Although it really changes the way Pokemon is played(all Pokemon stay wild except for your partner Minun or Plusle, and you have to trap the Pokemon in a circle to borrow it from the wild), the anime made this seem effortless.

I'm surprised Max and Brock knew so much about this organization of pseudo-trainers, considering that they haven't seen anything about them before. Max knew what the code of the Ranger was, and Brock mentioned that Rangers only borrow Pokemon from the wild, not truly put them in a Pokeball like trainers do.

I know that the next time we see this woman, it won't be until after the game comes out, but before I spend money in it(in hopes of getting Manafi for Diamond and Pearl when they come out in the States this Spring), I want to see if the anime can do more to convince me that Pokemon Ranger is a worthy investment of 35 bucks. :)

And Celebi was the star. That's my favorite legendary Pokemon. :D

S.Suikun
8th October 2006, 4:24 AM
I'm watching this ep when it re-airs tomorrow with closed captions so we know exactly how Hinata's dub name is officially spelled.

Cobalt_Latios
8th October 2006, 7:00 AM
Well, this episode is now on YouTube, so im watching it for a second time. Solana has a strange personnality change. Though i am starting to feel that now officially, Lugia is the only Pokemon in the Anime to receive a movie reference. The fact that Ash didnt look it up helped to support that he had seen one before, but, i need verbal proof(i guess this qualifies). Also, how is it that Max seems to know an awful lot about Pokemon Rangers. The neatest thing is that they called the device a "styler" just like in the game. Twas funny how only Ash and May go "youre kidding" to the fact that she's a pokemon ranger.

After having seen this episode, i might consider getting this game. And ill admit, Pokemon meets Beyblade. I like how, even though the show is technically based of the GBA games, they were able to make references to the game mechanics of other games. Shows that they arent entirely clueless(not sure what that is supposed to mean...)

Otherwise a very nice episode.

~C_L~

Nathan Madien
8th October 2006, 7:12 AM
After having seen this episode, i might consider getting this game. And ill admit, Pokemon meets Beyblade. I like how, even though the show is technically based of the GBA games, they were able to make references to the game mechanics of other games. Shows that they arent entirely clueless(not sure what that is supposed to mean...)

While watching the episode, I got the impression that the script writers stopped and did research on the Ranger game so the English script would sound like a brief intro into the upcoming game.

Medea
8th October 2006, 12:53 PM
Hinata sounded like a frickin' guy! 0_o *cries*

Yeah, she kinda did (in some way). But not as bad as Officer Jenny. She sounded like the Jenny in The Ribbon Cup Caper and that Jenny sounded like a dude.

Anyways, so Hinata is Salona...not a name I would have gone with, but I guess I'll learn to say it...Or maybe I'll just keep on using Hinata. Anyways, this episode was okay. I do enjoy Celebi, such a cuttie! And of course, I had to say this, seeing Team Rocket in those huge thorns, it so reminded me of "Honey, I shrunk the Kids" Come on, who else thinks so?

TheBuddyBud
8th October 2006, 10:52 PM
why did brock say "Marshtomp, I choose you??

isn't that ash's signature battle cry?

speaking of which, ash doesnt seem to say that anymore...//

Avegaille
9th October 2006, 11:48 AM
Okay, I am SO going to watch this via YouTube on rental. But what I wish to know is the official spelling of Hinata's English name. I mean, you guys gave at least 3 spellings for it. o_O;; Well, there was another version in the Ranger club. I still think the Jap version will rule overall.

wobbanut
9th October 2006, 9:23 PM
I liked Solana for a dub name, it's nice and exotic. At least the episode helped explain what the heck her little top device is and what a Pokemon Ranger does. I hope her later episodes cut down on the "capture" animation, though, now that we know how it's accomplished. It's pretty cool that it's used to read a wild pokemon's abilities and rope them into helping. Too bad there wasn't a reference to the fourth movie (one of my favorites), since Ash and Brock had already seen Celebi, but then again I'm not surprised since the movies are rarely referenced.

Overall, 7/10. I am SO looking forward to the time-travel episode next week, it's been one of the episodes I've been the most anxious to see.

christopher1128
11th October 2006, 12:25 AM
this episode was a pretty good one, i cant wait for the ones to come!

I really think that May's pokemon egg will be an Eevee, cause yeah its just kinda obvious :P in the theme song you see all her pokemon, and one of them is an Eevee. :D

sandygirl888
11th October 2006, 12:44 AM
This episode was nice, but I just hate it when the voice actors call Pokemon "pokamon" For some strange reason, it gets on my nerves.

Nathan Madien
11th October 2006, 11:54 PM
This episode was nice, but I just hate it when the voice actors call Pokemon "pokamon" For some strange reason, it gets on my nerves.

At least they aren't calling it "Pokeman" like some people did.

mewfan1
31st October 2006, 6:44 PM
I thought this episode was really cute, since Celebi is my 2nd favorite pokemon, Mew being the first. :)
;251;

Knight_Ram
8th December 2006, 3:08 AM
Yeah this episode was pretty cool, especially since that pokemon ranger could capture other pokemon and then release them after. And well that Celebi was pretty sweet. (sweet as in cool people...) lol 8/10 from me.

squirtleking
12th February 2007, 9:24 AM
Oh, for crying out loud - "Salana"?! What kind of friggin' retarded name is that?

phionebaby56
3rd August 2008, 8:04 AM
It was a very nice too see Celebi again.

Igottapoo
19th January 2009, 10:31 PM
Ah a good throwback to the 4th movie. I loved this episode a lot. Celebi is awesome.

Rommath
4th February 2009, 2:57 PM
Good episode. The introduction of Solana was nice, and of course her great little Plusle. Seeing Celebi is always nice, it's a great Legendary. Glad they had Cycling Road in the episode.

Blue Snover
9th March 2009, 3:53 PM
Nice to see Celebii make a re-appearance, it's good to see that it's not been forgotten.

Littlemyuu
9th March 2009, 5:38 PM
Nice episode, i always like it if a eposode got a legendary in it..Celebi rocks ^_^

(s.i.e)
9th March 2009, 9:18 PM
it has been a long time since i saw celebi so it was good to see him again, 9/10.

Surfer_Dude
1st October 2009, 5:09 AM
Awesome episode!! I have always loved episodes where there are rangers...when is the male ranger going to show up?
But alltogether this was a good episode 8/10

danparker
20th November 2009, 4:27 AM
Well, I have seen this episode 3 years ago. It was interesting. And like so, I like Solana.

And the way Celebi uses it's large vines to prevent fire from spreading was new to me, and I find it unusual.

Lorde
20th November 2009, 4:31 AM
Celebi in Kanto and in the anime? Interesting.

I felt like I'd seen this all before somewhere.

I like how a Pokemon Ranger finally made a debut in the anime. Solana is great.

4/10

Ash-kid
18th December 2009, 10:54 AM
Celebi was great. as usuall.

And i loved to see a pokemon ranger.

9/10

Painkiller2001
1st December 2010, 4:43 AM
It was funny and cute how Pikachu was stretching his face out to entertain Celebi.

It sounded like Celebi was saying it's japanese name instead of it's dub name.

So, did Pikachu officially master Volt Tackle?

Lance The Champ
17th December 2010, 11:04 AM
Celebi episode at last! and a really good one but it shows that Celebi is a gentle pokemon.. Also the heal bell it used at the end was truly beautiful

G50
26th April 2011, 10:52 AM
This episode was ok... It was great to see a Celebi again. It was interesting to see an actual Pokemon Ranger and see how they work in the Anime. It was cool to see Celebi create vines around it to protect itself since it was hurt and weak. It was cool to see how the Capture Styler worked in the Anime. It was cool to see Diglett, Dugtrio, and Linoone again. TR was funny when they were trapped in the vines.

30/100

Vernikova
7th September 2012, 9:06 PM
It was nice seeing Celebi but that's pretty much all this episode had going for it. Solana is always cool to see (most Rangers are) but the plot of the episode was boring.

The Power of Pika
5th May 2013, 4:59 PM
I loved seeing celebi again.^-^

I also found it funny when team rocket were caught in the vines.

James just blurts out everything they were planning.
Then jessie and Meowth are like:
"Open mouth"
"Insert foot"

So true.XD

I like that little exchange.=3

I also enjoyed seeing Woobuffet popping out when they were stuck aswell making it even more tough on jessie.XD

I tend to prefer the later ranger episodes personally. However there is something oddly amusing with this episode at how long it takes to capture the Pokemon and the fact they just sit there staring into space while she does this.XP

Dawn+Serena Fan
27th June 2013, 10:19 PM
I enjoyed this episode, with the legendary Pokemon Celebi appearing as well as introducing the Pokemon Ranger Solana, she was pretty awesome.

PokemontrainerY
14th July 2013, 5:05 AM
This episode was great. I really liked Pokémon Ranger Solana, she's pretty awesome. Not to mention, she was Hot too!

It's funny when Brock grasped Solana's hands to show affection, her reaction to his flirting was priceless. XD As usual, Max pulled him away from her. It's surprising that Max and Brock knew so much about the Pokémon Rangers, considering that they haven't seen any of them before. Max knew all about the code of the Ranger, and Brock mentioned that Rangers only 'borrow' wild Pokemon with their styler, not actually put them in a Pokeball to capture them. Solana's capture technique was cool, but the capture animation sequence was long.

Seeing Celebi again was nice, it's great that Ash remebered his encounter with Celebi in Johto. It was kinda funny May asked "What is time travel?". LOL, I guess she didn't know much about time traveling.

I gotta give credits to the TPCI dub for keeping almost everything intact, I'm glad there was no silly dub jokes in this episode.

Painkiller2001
16th November 2014, 2:09 AM
Really don't have much else to say other than that episodes where the gang end up meeting a legendary in a normal non-movie format are always fun episodes to watch. :)

Lorde
1st December 2014, 11:00 PM
Cycling Road sure looked different from before. I screamed at Team Rocket being trapped by Celebi's vines and I thought that the Capture Styler feature looked pretty neat in the anime. In retrospect, Ash and friends shouldn't have helped free TR from those vines since it was inevitable that they'd go after Celebi, but alas. They never learn from their mistakes.