PDA

View Full Version : Guess who's coming back in epi 160?

taitofan
8th December 2005, 10:35 PM
Harley fans rejoice! Episode 160 (Gonbe's Battle Debut! Harley and Taking the Game Seriously!!), airing in mid January, will have him. Well, so says his VA's website, which I'm inclined to believe. ^.~

http://www010.upp.so-net.ne.jp/junbow/page030.html

Anyone who can translate it better than Yahoo! Translator will be very much appreciated.

There's something about HarukaxHarley... I'm assuming that means they'll battle again, but I can't read Japanese well enough to get a firm grasp. ^^;

Discuss this wonderful news (and translate plz). And if I somehow missed someone else reporting this first, sorry. ^^;

Feity
8th December 2005, 10:37 PM
...Again? How bout some more with Drew? Harley getting two episodes before Drew gets one is not fair...
Anyway, it shows that a contest is coming up soon, which shows the writers are certainly speeding up.

PDL
8th December 2005, 10:40 PM
Harley better win this time... I dislike how he's pretty much May's Punching bag... and he's too awesome a character to become anyone's punching bag

Meganium Ex
8th December 2005, 10:43 PM
I dunno 'bout Harley losen' is a bad thing...But I wish he wouldn't lose SO EASILY!!!

Feity
8th December 2005, 10:46 PM
I dunno 'bout Harley losen' is a bad thing...But I wish he wouldn't lose SO EASILY!!!
He's lost three times, thats enough for him to finally win. I'm glad Munchlax is finally going to be in a contest, maybe we can finally learn some stuff about his attacks. OMG DA EGG IS GOING 2 HACH! If it hatches before this episode, you can bet that May will use whatever comes out in the contest.

The Big Al
8th December 2005, 10:47 PM
Harley comes back for revenge.

I seriously hope he defeats May this go around. Especially if she use Munchlax. If Munchlax wins, I'll barf.

CyberCubed
8th December 2005, 10:50 PM
Wow, do the writers hate Drew all of a sudden?

Harley is stealing his thunder as May's main rival!

Meganium Ex
8th December 2005, 10:54 PM
Well, Harley IS a good rival for May...Let's just hope he'l prove that! ^^

fanderichie
8th December 2005, 11:07 PM
yeah Harley is a good rival, he NEEDS to win this contest...I'm tired of seeing him lose every single contest...HE MUST WIN!

Heracross
8th December 2005, 11:22 PM
I'm happy for Harley's return, but a part of me also has a bad feeling about this...

Mew2
8th December 2005, 11:30 PM
I think that it could boil down to if Harley either taunts May, or tries to win this one honestly or not. If he mocks May and/or cheats he'll be defeated, probably in an even more humiliating fashion than last time. If he lays off of May and tries to win honestly, then he might actually be able to pull off a win. And if he does lose, he'll at least put up a good showing.

The Big Al
9th December 2005, 12:06 AM
I think that it could boil down to if Harley either taunts May, or tries to win this one honestly or not. If he mocks May and/or cheats he'll be defeated, probably in an even more humiliating fashion than last time. If he lays off of May and tries to win honestly, then he might actually be able to pull off a win. And if he does lose, he'll at least put up a good showing.
And that's because cheaters never prosper. *Hurls*

Honestly, make May lose or better yet, she's dooped so badly she's disqualified.

ghost master
9th December 2005, 12:09 AM
So right after the Battle Pike comes a contest or maybe just a filler with harley in it but, I doubt that.

taitofan
9th December 2005, 12:13 AM
Filler, contest, I don't really care. I'm just glad Harley is back before the Grand Festival. I certainly hope he wins...

Bulbapedia translatd the title as: Gonbe's Battle Debut! Harley and Taking the Game Seriously!!

Thus leading one to believe it is in fact a contest. And huh, it just happened to make the news not long after I posted this, though the news has actally been on the website for a while...

Oh yeah, go me. ^.^ *feels special*

Golden Darkness
9th December 2005, 12:13 AM
The title, according to BulbaNews, is Gonbe's Battle Debut! Harley and Taking the Game Seriously!!.

taitofan
9th December 2005, 12:16 AM
Funny, I beleive I just said that. X3

Anyways... Hopefully that title means Harley won't play around. Rather, he'll get right down to the a*s kicking.

And he'd soooo better use Jupetta-chan. Or I'll riot. XP

Sharpshooter
9th December 2005, 12:19 AM
Yeah Drew looks like he's turning into another Gary all of a sudden. His appearances are becoming as frequent as his were during Johto.

I want a really evil Harley this time worse than she's ever been before!

ghost master
9th December 2005, 12:20 AM
Funny, I beleive I just said that. X3

Anyways... Hopefully that title means Harley won't play around. Rather, he'll get right down to the a*s kicking.

And he'd soooo better use Jupetta-chan. Or I'll riot. XP well GD posted about the same time as you. I hope Harley wins but, it also gets me excited to see Gonbe battle and I hope the stupid thing does good but loses. Do you think another thread should be made stating a new title? If so you can do it since you found it.

Tropical Spirit
9th December 2005, 12:21 AM
If it's a contest he'll lose. I know.
F*cking sh*t. Seriously. They'll have Haruka beat him, you just wait. I know. Because the writers suck like that. -.-;

Though I guess seeing Harley's smexiness is always good. ^__^

CyberCubed
9th December 2005, 12:22 AM
The title, according to BulbaNews, is Gonbe's Battle Debut! Harley and Taking the Game Seriously!!.

Excellent. :D At least Harley is trying something different this time.

But eh...Munchlax is really promoted in the title...will the writers really let the star D/P promotion take a loss? Gee, I hope so...as May needs at least one loss this region and Harley needs to redeem himself.

I wonder how Harley would react if he ever did beat May, that would be amusing to see.

ghost master
9th December 2005, 12:24 AM
If it's a contest he'll lose. I know.
F*cking sh*t. Seriously. They'll have Haruka beat him, you just wait. I know. Because the writers suck like that. -.-;

Though I guess seeing Harley's smexiness is always good. ^__^ If you ask me he probally wont. Since they seem to indicate that he will pull new tactics and he will try even harder.

taitofan
9th December 2005, 12:27 AM
well GD posted about the same time as you. I hope Harley wins but, it also gets me excited to see Gonbe battle and I hope the stupid thing does good but loses. Do you think another thread should be made stating a new title? If so you can do it since you found it. Yeah, I know. I was just kidding. ^.^ And I think this thread should suffice. The title is here, and a new thread for it would just be repetitive. If someone else does it, just redirect them here. =3

If Harley does win, he'll probably be rubbing it in her face... Until Haruka beats him again. >.< That's the bad thing, if he wins now, he'll lose later...

intergalactic platypus
9th December 2005, 12:46 AM
i wanna see more drew. but my friend (the only one who follows the anime) loves harley; shes a total homophile (our invented word for girls who love yaoi), and shell be excited he shows up more

Manene!
9th December 2005, 1:02 AM
It's cool that he's back but they can't let Muinchlax lose his battling debut. That means May beats him.. yet again.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
9th December 2005, 1:11 AM
Oh but this also means that the Lucy episode is a one parter ad Ash probably won right?

Medea
9th December 2005, 1:41 AM
Harley?

Yay! *jumps up and down*

...Well then, I certainly hope Harley wins this time if he battles May (and most likely he will have to battle her). But what would be a really great battle is if Harley and Drew battled. But I can always hope for that day to come!

S.Suikun
9th December 2005, 1:51 AM
Oh but this also means that the Lucy episode is a one parter ad Ash probably won right?
Or lost and plans a rematch later...

Harley better destroy May in this. Three losses for the guy is enough, especially since May has been so naive to fall for each of his tricks every time. If the writers want May to win against a recurring rival, make it against Drew.

Squirtle_007
9th December 2005, 2:07 AM
Cool, the Cacturne dressed punching bag is back for another ***** kick and now from Munchlax

Pummel the sissy guy Haruka!!

Which Pok&#233;mon will Munchlax is gonna beat?
Rayquaza? Mewtwo? Both of them?

Come on, why the writers don&#180;t let Shuu back?
He&#180;s a real trainer and an awesome co-ordinator

DEMONCAMERUPT
9th December 2005, 2:25 AM
Cool, the Cacturne dressed punching bag is back for another ***** kick and now from Munchlax

Come on, why the writers don´t let Shuu back?
He´s a real trainer and an awesome co-ordinator

Better watch what you say Squirtle_007 or rabid Harley fans will attack you but your right about Drew he seriously does need to be in an on screen contest and wipe the floor with May again.

taitofan
9th December 2005, 2:26 AM

Which Pokémon will Munchlax is gonna beat?
Rayquaza? Mewtwo? Both of them?

Come on, why the writers don´t let Shuu back?
He´s a real trainer and an awesome co-ordinator I always find it amusing to see what lame insult you'll have for Harley... I seriously can't wait until he wins and you have to eat your words. =3

And why in the world would the legandaries be in this episode? Gonbe will hopefully pull a Fushigidane and Noctus/Jupetta/Ariados-chan will kick it's fat a*s. It'd be really nice to see Zenigame get a whooping, but whatever. As the title suggests, Harley has a really good chance of winning this time. <3

And come on, Shuu might be back. Who knows. I think it'd be interesting... Well, as a tensionshipper at least. ^.~

Squirtle_007
9th December 2005, 2:33 AM
I always find it amusing to see what lame insult you'll have for Harley... I seriously can't wait until he wins and you have to eat your words. =3

And why in the world would the legandaries be in this episode? Gonbe will hopefully pull a Fushigidane and Noctus/Jupetta/Ariados-chan will kick it's fat a*s. It'd be really nice to see Zenigame get a whooping, but whatever. As the title suggests, Harley has a really good chance of winning this time. <3

And come on, Shuu might be back. Who knows. I think it'd be interesting... Well, as a tensionshipper at least. ^.~

Eat my words?, naaaaaaaah if Haruka loses to Harley I&#180;m not gonna cry for months like all Harley&#180;s fanclub

The only thing that bothers me is the fact that Haruka only had ONE rival in Kanto, and seeing Harley again and again and again doing the same stupid scene is ... boring, really really really boring

I want to see new rivals, or a REAL rival like Shuu, not a "villian" who thinks that people who don&#180;t compliments his cookies are his enemies.

taitofan
9th December 2005, 2:46 AM
Eat my words?, naaaaaaaah if Haruka loses to Harley I´m not gonna cry for months like all Harley´s fanclub

The only thing that botters me is the fact that Haruka only had ONE rival in Kanto, and seeing Harley again and again and again doing the same stupid scene is ... boring, really really really boring Look, this thread isn't meant to insult anyone, so quit being immature. The Harley fanclub has absolutly nothing to do with anything. And we don't cry when he loses, we laugh and plot how wonderful his eventual victory will be. ...As well as plot out his love life, but that's besides the point. <3

And Harley could never get boring... Shuu however, is turning into Shigeru, as many people are pointing out. If the writers keep doing that, he'll be the one getting boring. But since we don't know if Shuu will even be in the episode, this isn't the place to argue about it.

And have you even seen the original? He's more upset about Haruka calling Noctus-chan scary, unlike the dub which emphasizes the cookies. His pokemon are the most important things in his life, and he had every right to be upset. I'm sure Haruka would have been just as upset if someone had called one of her pokemon scary...

Hmm... Anyways, I really don't want to debate, so back to speculation. I'm assuming Haruka and Harley will battle. Haruka will (most likely) have Gonbe. But what about Harley? I personally hope Jupetta-chan is in the contest. He got that awesome appeal, then a lame battle. >.< I want to see him again...

Squirtle_007
9th December 2005, 2:52 AM
Look, this thread isn't meant to insult anyone, so quit being immature. The Harley fanclub has absolutly nothing to do with anything. And we don't cry when he loses, we laugh and plot how wonderful his eventual victory will be. ...As well as plot out his love life, but that's besides the point. <3

And Harley could never get boring... Shuu however, is turning into Shigeru, as many people are pointing out. If the writers keep doing that, he'll be the one getting boring. But since we don't know if Shuu will even be in the episode, this isn't the place to argue about it.

And have you even seen the original? He's more upset about Haruka calling Noctus-chan scary, unlike the dub which emphasizes the cookies. His pokemon are the most important things in his life, and he had every right to be upset. I'm sure Haruka would have been just as upset if someone had called one of her pokemon scary...

Hmm... Anyways, I really don't want to debate, so back to speculation. I'm assuming Haruka and Harley will battle. Haruka will (most likely) have Gonbe. But what about Harley? I personally hope Jupetta-chan is in the contest. He got that awesome appeal, then a lame battle. >.< I want to see him again...

OK OK, no debate, just speculation

Actually, I read the guide here, the episode hasn&#180;t aired yet in Mexico (I&#180;m watching Pok&#233;mon Chronicles right now)

I think that Haruka will use her egg Pok&#233;mon for the appeal and Munchlax for battle and ... maybe win with Metronome

And ... using the logic, I think that Harley will use Banette for appeal and some new Pok&#233;mon for battle but ... will Musashi use Manene?, that would take place for a 4th generation Pok&#233;mon battle

Gravy
9th December 2005, 2:52 AM
Holy. Effing. Shiznit. On. A. Hot. Stove. In. July.

Harley needs to kick the absolute crap out of Munchlax. If he finally manages to defeat Haruka AND slaughters that thing in the process, you can be sure that I'll be one estatic Gravy-person.

CyberCubed
9th December 2005, 2:55 AM
I imagine Drew will only appear 2 more times before the GF, (like Gary's 3 appearences in Johto before the Johto league), eh...I could see this being Drew's final season if the writers keep this up.

Thriller
9th December 2005, 3:20 AM
Just watch the writers do something like have Munchlax use Metronome and come up with Horn Drill one hit KO'ing Harleys Pokemon, just watch.

Now don't get me wrong, I like Harley a lot but I really don't want him battling May now. If May wins, the anti-fans of her Pokemon will hate them even more and I like her Pokemon so that won't be good.

Squirtle_007
9th December 2005, 3:29 AM
Just watch the writers do something like have Munchlax use Metronome and come up with Horn Drill one hit KO'ing Harleys Pokemon, just watch.

Now don't get me wrong, I like Harley a lot but I really don't want him battling May now. If May wins, the anti-fans of her Pokemon will hate them even more and I like her Pokemon so that won't be good.

Welcome to my world :(
Except for the part that I don&#180;t like Harley so much

H.M
9th December 2005, 6:23 AM
...Seriously, what is up with the episode titles recently?

I hope poor Harley(<3) wins this time, but the writers aren't going to allow that. :) Since Harley is a cheater, the writers think if a cheater wins, kids everywhere would think cheating is the way to go and start to cheat on tests and girlfriends! ^______________________^;;

Completely Sarcastic Post, yep

So better get your "Go Go Gonbe!" banners, clapping hats, and foam fingers for this episode, folks.

Lovely May
9th December 2005, 11:51 AM
May has magical pokemon so probably she will win again. Look at her Contests from past:
Skitty vs Dusclops = Skity won
Skitty vs Jynx = Skitty won
Skitty vs Houndoom = Skitty won
Bulbasuar vs Cacturne = Bulbasaur won
Squirtle vs Ariados = Squirtle won
Squirtle vs Cacturne = Squirtle won
I would like to see Harley as a winner because his team is really strong. It won't be fair if May's babies win again. She won many times, her babies kicked the strongest opoonents, so this time she should be kicked by Harley. I have nothing against May, I like her, but her contests are freaky. I bet, if she uses an egg she will win.

ghost master
9th December 2005, 1:52 PM
May has magical pokemon so probably she will win again. Look at her Contests from past:
Skitty vs Dusclops = Skity won
Skitty vs Jynx = Skitty won
Skitty vs Houndoom = Skitty won
Bulbasuar vs Cacturne = Bulbasaur won
Squirtle vs Ariados = Squirtle won
Squirtle vs Cacturne = Squirtle won
I would like to see Harley as a winner because his team is really strong. It won't be fair if May's babies win again. She won many times, her babies kicked the strongest opoonents, so this time she should be kicked by Harley. I have nothing against May, I like her, but her contests are freaky. I bet, if she uses an egg she will win. when has squirtle faced Cacturne? Also May had a few loses as well in Hoenn. It also seems likely since this is Munchlax's first contest. Also the fact that we have a contest rgiht after the pike makes it more likely that she will lose.

Lovely May
9th December 2005, 2:18 PM
when has squirtle faced Cacturne?
sorry, I did a mistake. It was Ariados^^'

taitofan
9th December 2005, 6:33 PM
I'd like to think that since this is Gonbe's first contest, it'll lose. But since that hasn't happened since Fushigidane... It's not a sure thing by any means. Regardless, I still have a good feeling about this one.

Harley's pokemon aren't pushovers by any means... They need their time to shine. <3

jolteonjak
9th December 2005, 6:35 PM
taitofan, any ideas who he'll use?

taitofan
9th December 2005, 6:45 PM
Well... No solid knowledge obviously, but I'm certainly hoping for Jupetta-chan and Ariados-chan. <3 But since he's yet to not use his signature pokemon, it'll probably be Noctus-chan and Jupetta-chan since Ariados-chan was in the last contest.

And I NEED to see Ju-chan for my sanity's sake.

There is the chance that he could get a new pokemon... But I hope beyond all hope that he doesn't.

My ideal scenario: Ju-chan for the appeal and Ari-chan for the (winning) battle
What I think will happen: Ju-chan for the appeal and No-chan for the (winning) battle

Alfonso
9th December 2005, 6:57 PM
You know, and I'm not ashamed to say this, but I cried when I first saw the last Harley episode. I avoided all spoilers when the episode aired, so I had no idea what would happen... so I pretty much thought that Harley was going to win. The preview the episode before made it look like Harley was going to win. The whole DAMN BATTLE made it look like Harley was going to win. Then May had that stupid-a*s flashback, and I stopped jumping up and down. Then... it used Ice Beam, and I knew it was all over. But then, Ariados looked like it was going to start fighting back, until it couldn't get it's grip on the iced up webs (Speaking of which, how the hell could one Ice Beam do all that?) and the only damn thing I could do was scream at the screen and pull my hair in horror.

Ariados hits the ground, and I cried.

Because exactly what I thought when I first saw him is coming true: My only reason for watching Pokemon is Harley. My hopes for Janine have been dashed, and all I want is for him to win *just once* against May.

Please God, don't let him lose. Not to Munchlax.

taitofan
9th December 2005, 7:06 PM
*pats back* I know how you feel man. Harley and his pokemon are the only reason I'm into Pokemon right now. I fell in love with Ariados-chan during those last episodes, and though I didn't cry (only because I never cry, or trust me, I'd have bawled), I felt... Numb. Well, first p*ssed beyond all reason, then numb. Until I started imagining Harley's eventual win...

Please, all listening deities, let Harley win.

If that fat little lard-bucket kick the crap out of one of his pokemon... I may just throw my laptop out the window.

DSRGBA
9th December 2005, 7:30 PM
You know, and I'm not ashamed to say this, but I cried when I first saw the last Harley episode. I avoided all spoilers when the episode aired, so I had no idea what would happen... so I pretty much thought that Harley was going to win. The preview the episode before made it look like Harley was going to win. The whole DAMN BATTLE made it look like Harley was going to win. Then May had that stupid-a*s flashback, and I stopped jumping up and down. Then... it used Ice Beam, and I knew it was all over. But then, Ariados looked like it was going to start fighting back, until it couldn't get it's grip on the iced up webs (Speaking of which, how the hell could one Ice Beam do all that?) and the only damn thing I could do was scream at the screen and pull my hair in horror.

Ariados hits the ground, and I cried.

Because exactly what I thought when I first saw him is coming true: My only reason for watching Pokemon is Harley. My hopes for Janine have been dashed, and all I want is for him to win *just once* against May.

Please God, don't let him lose. Not to Munchlax.
pathetic lol

Torkoal Stu
9th December 2005, 7:34 PM
Gonbe's Battle Debut! Harley and Taking the Game Seriously!!
Well obviously its going to be May goes to a contest, uses Munchlax and Harley shows up and doesn't trick/mock/cheat or anything. Sounds like a win for Harley to me, but if Harley wins this contest it screams the question "Why hasn't Ash lost yet?"...

Anyway i'm all for Harley but i'm kinda worried about Drew being replaced.

Alfonso
9th December 2005, 7:34 PM
pathetic lol

Up yours you little brat.

Some of us care about our favorite characters. Some of us don't want to see them lose to pathetic Pokemon, and some of us would like to see said favorite character win for a change and stop being a damned punching bag like he has been everytime he has appeared.

The Big Al
9th December 2005, 7:59 PM
And there are some of us who are so disgusted by May that watching her pull a lucky win out her a*s makes our blood boil. I want to see Harley win because he'll shove it down May's throat and she really needs to be humbled at this point.

taitofan
9th December 2005, 8:08 PM
And there of some of us who like Harley and Haruka as our first and second characters respectively. I love Haruka, but she needs to lose to Harley. Badly. I never had too many problems with her pokemon before that damn Zenigame... Gonbe is on thin ice though. If it becomes another super-baby... I'm b*tch-slapping those writers. And anyone who feels so inclined is free to join me.

And DSRGBA? GTFO. Now please. <3

Squirtle_007
9th December 2005, 8:13 PM
If that fat little lard-bucket kick the crap out of one of his pokemon... I may just throw my laptop out the window.

Harley needs to kick the absolute crap out of Munchlax. If he finally manages to defeat Haruka AND slaughters that thing in the process, you can be sure that I'll be one estatic Gravy-person.

And there are some of us who are so disgusted by May that watching her pull a lucky win out her a*s makes our blood boil. I want to see Harley win because he'll shove it down May's throat and she really needs to be humbled at this point

Let&#180;s see

I can&#180;t insult Harley, but you can insult my favorite character and Pok&#233;mon that I like

A little unfair, or not?

The Big Al
9th December 2005, 8:21 PM
I can´t insult Harley, but you can insult my favorite character and Pokémon that I like
You can insult him. We'll just jump all over you. We out number you incase you haven't noticed.

taitofan
9th December 2005, 8:27 PM
My dear, the point of this thread is to discuss Harley's return. Generally, people won't come into a thread dedicated to a character they dislike. I wouldn't set foot into a thread discussing an episode focusing on Zenigame. The point here is NOT Zenigame though. As for Gonbe.... Well, I only said Gonbe is on thin ice. The fat thing is true. All Gonbe are fat. XP

Oh, and you misquoted. Gravy didn't say that last one, The Big Al did. Jeez, if you want to call people hypocrites, at least do it right.

And sure, insult him. But Al's right. Not many people hate Harley, but lots hate Gonbe... Unfair? Perhaps. But as the saying goes, "No one ever said life was fair..."

Squirtle_007
9th December 2005, 8:29 PM
You can insult him. We'll just jump all over you. We out number you incase you haven't noticed.

Is this the part that I have to feel intimidated? :rolleyes:

The Big Al
9th December 2005, 8:32 PM
Is this the part that I have to feel intimidated? :rolleyes:
No, this is the part to either go away or go on a Harley bashfest and get slaughtered.

Squirtle_007
9th December 2005, 8:32 PM
My dear, the point of this thread is to discuss Harley's return. Generally, people won't come into a thread dedicated to a character they dislike. I wouldn't set foot into a thread discussing an episode focusing on Zenigame. The point here is NOT Zenigame though. As for Gonbe.... Well, I only said Gonbe is on thin ice. The fat thing is true. All Gonbe are fat. XP

Oh, and you misquoted. Gravy didn't say that last one, The Big Al did. Jeez, if you want to call people hypocrites, at least do it right.

And sure, insult him. But Al's right. Not many people hate Harley, but lots hate Gonbe... Unfair? Perhaps. But as the saying goes, "No one ever said life was fair..."

Sure, this thread is to discuss the sissy boy&#180;s return, but is to discuss Munchlax&#180;s first contest TOO, is on the title

And the fact about the quotes is just beacuse I forgot to edit it, thanks for pointing that

No, this is the part to either go away or go on a Harley bashfest and get slaughtered.

Bashfest!!! Bashfest!!! Gooooooooo Munchlax!!!
I&#180;ll be waiting for Yamato-chan&#180;s reply, he writes a loooooooooong speech to defend the Cacturne-dressed punching bag

taitofan
9th December 2005, 8:39 PM
Sure, this thread is to discuss the sissy boy´s return, but is to discuss Munchlax´s first contest TOO, is on the title

And the fact about the quotes is just beacuse I forgot to edit it, thanks for pointing that ...Yeah, no prob. And calling Harley a sissy boy is not only immature, but also homophobic. I'd be careful if I were you, as that's a good way to get yourself banned. If you don't like him, fine. But generalizing like that is bound to cause trouble...

On topic... Haruka will probably use Wakashamo as her other contest pokemon, unless her egg hatches and it's contest worthy... Gonbe will be the battling pokemon I'm guessing.

ghost master
9th December 2005, 8:42 PM

And sure, insult him. But Al's right. Not many people hate Harley, but lots hate Gonbe... Unfair? Perhaps. But as the saying goes, "No one ever said life was fair..." Well technically its also about the discussion about this episode title. Since this is the official thread for it as well.
I dont think its fair for people to be bashed for disliking a character or liking a character. I like Harley, Squirtle, and Munchlax (to a lesser extent but that's mainly because up until this title it has done nothing). The fact that Harley clearly has a more dominant fanbase than Squirtle doesnt mean that the members should have to put up with it.

Anyway i'm all for Harley but i'm kinda worried about Drew being replaced. I think its the opposite. This battle frontier saga has been having a big focus on Harley. If you ask me it seems that Harley is going to be out by the end of this saga. It would make no sense to build up a lot more tension and focus with May and Harley only to have Drew's character being resolved and tossed out at the end of the saga.

Anyway this seems like a clear Harley win if you ask me. Munchlax's first time battling would be good enough to warrant May a loss

Squirtle_007
9th December 2005, 8:52 PM
...Yeah, no prob. And calling Harley a sissy boy is not only immature, but also homophobic. I'd be careful if I were you, as that's a good way to get yourself banned. If you don't like him, fine. But generalizing like that is bound to cause trouble...

This is not funny, I mean, come on! relax!

Haruka&#180;s Squirtle is a sissy turtle (something in my mind tells me that is not a female) and I still like it.
I&#180;m not homophobic, we are just discussing about an anime, nothing seriously, and if you think that I can get banned, then you haven&#180;t seen all Kasumi&#180;s fans that want Haruka dead.

Back to topic, personally I think that Haruka will use her egg Pok&#233;mon for appeal because Combusken and Squirtle had made appeals already, and I think she&#180;s gonna win because Munchlax has very strong attacks like Solarbeam and Focus Punch

Torchic23
9th December 2005, 8:54 PM
I'm glad Harly loses. He's such a jerk. May is so cool though. I wish she won every contest. But Munchlax? May does'nt stand a chance

CyberCubed
9th December 2005, 8:58 PM
Wow, this thread is going to hell and back. I wonder if this will happen everytime Harley is going to be in a future episode. :/

Brinstar
9th December 2005, 9:01 PM
You people need to chill. Seriously.

That said, Munchlax will probably lose this, although I'm hoping for it to pound whatever Harley sends at it into submission. After that massive Solarbeam it used in the Breeding Center episode, I'm eagerly anticipating a real battle from it.

taitofan
9th December 2005, 9:04 PM
...This is totally not what I wanted to happen. -_-;

Please people, how about everyone just drops the Harley/Gonbe/Haruka bashing and oh, I don't know, discuss what they think will happen? Without saying how much anyone sucks?

...Please?

Torchic23
9th December 2005, 9:06 PM
Was I bashing? If so sorry. I still don't like Harly though. Just my opinion

Chris
9th December 2005, 9:18 PM
Wow, do the writers hate Drew all of a sudden?

Harley is stealing his thunder as May's main rival!
The writers seem to be avoiding Shuu for one reason. He's become a recycled personality. He's the typical pretty boy who seems to think highly of himself compared to others and goes with unique strategies. That's pretty much on par with the old Shigeru of the Kanto days.

Harley's a much more unique rival.

V Faction
9th December 2005, 9:34 PM
You mean unique in the sense that we've never seen this architype before in the past, right Ed? Since, I have to tell you, Harley's starting to bore me: his personality AND his losing.

I don't care if this episode is merely a deviation to extent the plot longer, I want Harrey to win if it means adding [EDIT: or rather, changing] to this stagnant streak of his.

Chris
9th December 2005, 9:36 PM
Oh believe me, I really wish the writers wouldn't have him lose so many damn times either. :P The whole getting revenge for loss was fine the first time. But not when the wins becomes so ridiculous on Haruka's part.

JazzJazz
9th December 2005, 9:37 PM
The writers seem to be avoiding Shuu for one reason. He's become a recycled personality. He's the typical pretty boy who seems to think highly of himself compared to others and goes with unique strategies. That's pretty much on par with the old Shigeru of the Kanto days.

Perhaps the writers are actually trying to mirror the Ash & Gary rivalry in May & Drew... I guess we'll see him face up in the Kanto version of the Grand Festival (if there is one).

CyberCubed
9th December 2005, 10:58 PM
Eh, as I said before Gary only appeared 3 times in Johto prior to the league, and that turned out to be his final region.

If Drew only appears two more times before the GF, then there is a chance that May might beat him this time thus fullfilling his purpose in the show. I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be Drew's final region.

Not sure what they plan to do with Harley though. Since he's already lost so many times to her what they plan to do with him is really up in the air.

PDL
9th December 2005, 11:12 PM
Not sure what they plan to do with Harley though. Since he's already lost so many times to her what they plan to do with him is really up in the air.

I hope that doesn't mean Harley's the new Team Rocket

*imagines Harley blasting of*

that thought does not make me happy D:

JazzJazz
9th December 2005, 11:18 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be Drew's final region.

So, what then? He'll be like Gary and only hang out with his roselia in an attempt to become a Pokemon Researcher? J/K.

The Big Al
9th December 2005, 11:20 PM
What if Harley joins Team Rocket? I he loses this one, he may be that deseprate.

JazzJazz
9th December 2005, 11:46 PM
What if Harley joins Team Rocket?

Jesus, where did that come from? What connection has there ever been between Harley and Team Rocket?

Gravy
9th December 2005, 11:48 PM
Jesus, where did that come from? What connection has there ever been between Harley and Team Rocket?
The ol' cheat n' lose? :P

DEMONCAMERUPT
9th December 2005, 11:51 PM
I have one possibility and that is Harley uses Cacturne for the appeal round while May uses Squirtle then in the battle between at the end of the contest
May uses Munchlax and seeing this Harley ops to use his Banette and then wins the contest.

what do you guys think?

Matt Silver
9th December 2005, 11:57 PM
I think Harley will win this time around. I hope he does...
Munchlax I think will get whipped by Banette.

ŁańkaŃ
10th December 2005, 2:33 AM
ゴンベのデビュー戦!ハーリーと真剣勝負!!

Gonbe no Debut Ikusa! Harley and Shinkenshoubu!!

Gonbe's Debut Battle! Harley and Bout with Real Swords!!

The last is the hyper literal translation, any of the less literal translations aren't wrong, far from it, they just continue on the metaphor, seeing as I doubt there will be swords in the battle. The general concept of Shin (Real) Ken (Swords) Shoubu (Victory/defeat, match, contest, game, bout) is up to you, but basically, Battle in Earnest seems to make sense, or the dictionary combined form: (n) fighting with real swords; game played in real earnest; ED.

Anyways, I talk far too much, especially in answer to such a simple question, but I hope that clarifies things!

This info i got off someone from BulbaForum...but anyway...

if that is a title change...that's up all to the mods..lol

as i've noticed in the path that bulba and serebii forum sometimes do have small differences in title :D..lol

so...IT'S ALL COOL :D...as i think the first one sounds better :D

Geki
10th December 2005, 4:12 AM
I wish Drew would appear once in a contest, but maybe he will make a debut sometime. Harley is OK, but I'd rather see more of Drew.

Mawile_Eyes
11th December 2005, 3:57 AM
Oh! Drew wil not appear again in this Contest ( so sad cause i hope so much). I think may will use Combusken/Squirtle to perform and when fighting, she will use Gonbe. Maybe it will face Banette.
Anyway, i don't like a bad guy like harley to win even though i think gonbe ain't strong enough

Jo-Jo
11th December 2005, 4:28 AM
O_o Woah, Harley's back? I didn't expect him this early. Or for him to appear again before Drew, for that matter. Well, it's a point in favour of my theory that the writers are keeping Drew on the backburner so they can focus on May vs. Harley, anyways.

I'm a bit worried about this episode, though... if this is Munchlax's big battling debut, it seems quite likely to me that May will win. But what's the point in bringing Harley back only to have a replay of the Saffron contest? Usually the writers give May different main opponents in every contest per region. E.g., in Hoenn, it went: Drew (Slateport), Grace (Fallarbor), Timmy (Verdanturf), Savannah (Rubello), Kelly (Lilicove), Harley (Izabe), Eriko (Pacifidlog). But now we've got Harley in both Saffron and wherever this upcoming ep is set. It's unusual, that's for sure.

One thing to bear in mind, though, is that IF - and that's a big if - Harley wins, he likely won't appear again until the Grand Festival. Because if the writers give him a victory, it's because they want to build up the tension and make him seem like someone May needs to worry about in the GF. If they have him win now and bring him back later on in another contest, then they can only make May beat him again and the structure will be messed up.

As for Drew, I hope he puts in a showing before too long. Like I said, I think the writers are holding off on the May/Drew stuff at the moment because they want to stall that rivalry for another region… but still. I miss him. :(

Manene!
11th December 2005, 5:07 AM
This episodes going to suck etheir way.

MAY WINS:
Munchlax wins his first battle making people say: "Looks like we have our new "Super Skitty". I can believe it one his first battle!"

MAY LOSES:
Munchlax loses his first battle. Most likely making people say: "That fat lard of [BEEP] sucks! It will never win, He's weak!"

I'm dreadfing this episode.

Heracross
11th December 2005, 5:12 AM
I really don't think many people would be dissappointed with Gonbe losing. Quite the opposite I would say.

CyberCubed
11th December 2005, 6:15 AM
MAY LOSES:
Munchlax loses his first battle. Most likely making people say: "That fat lard of [BEEP] sucks! It will never win, He's weak!"

Why would people care if Munchlax and May lose? I mean

A) A lot of people despise Munchlax and would like to see it take a beating

B) May needs to lose at least one contest this region. It would be crappy writing to have her win every single contest without taking a loss or two.

C) Harley needs to redeem himself for the loss at Saffron. This is really Harley's last chance to prove himself to be a worthy rival again. Hopefully the writers realize their mistake of having him lose at Saffron, and are now going to rectify it by having Harley win this one

D) Who cares if Munchlax has barely been doing anything? This is just the Battle Frontier season. We KNOW that Munchlax will be shoved down our throats once we get to the D/P region. It'll be on the show for a whole 'nother 3 year + region. Munchlax not getting much screentime now doesn't make a difference, it'll be here forever.

E) I don't know about anyone else, but I'd love to see Harley rub his victory in May's face and make her burst into tears. Harley's first appeareance showed what a real rival is suppossed to be like, he's not a nice guy. And hey, if May runs off depressed and bursting into tears then there's a chance that we'll get another one of those Ash comforting scenes. Scenes where Ash tries to cheer May up are always a plus in my book, I loved the interaction between the two after the Rubello contest loss, in the Donphan episode of Hoenn where May thought she missed the chance to enter the GF, and at her first contest lost in early Hoenn. Ash IS suppossed to be her mentor, let's see him act like it again.

Jo-Jo
11th December 2005, 10:59 AM
In a way I think it'd be a bit lame if Munchlax lost. There's been all this foreshadowing that it's going to turn out to be a powerful Pokemon, and then just when it gets a chance to really prove itself... it loses, for no particular reason except that the fandom hates it? Meh, sounds a bit pointless to me.

On the other hand, Harley losing again, just two contests after his last pounding, would likely be even lamer. So I guess I'll root for him to pimp-slap Munchlax along with everyone else.

One thing, though... I love Harley and all, but why does a rival have to be mean and nasty in order to be a good character? There's a difference between a rival and a villain. Maybe I'm just in Drew-defender mode, since he's usually the one who gets criticised in order to make Harley look better, but I don't see the necessity to play the two boys off against each other. I love that May has two very different kinds of rivals. Drew and Harley make great foils for each other. IMO a small part of the reason the writers came up with an 'evil' rival for May in the first place was to provide a contrast with Drew.

I like the idea of Harley making May cry, though. Muahahaha. But not Ash comforting her. There's a reason Ash and Harley never interact. The character Harley is most associated with in the storyline after May is Drew, and to a lesser extent, Max and Jessie.

MaskedManAbsolkid
11th December 2005, 12:32 PM
Gonbe is on thin ice though.

Can the ice break and leave him there? *hopeful*

I like him, I'm just worried he'll join the group of supers.

The Big Al
11th December 2005, 3:11 PM
In a way I think it'd be a bit lame if Munchlax lost. There's been all this foreshadowing that it's going to turn out to be a powerful Pokemon, and then just when it gets a chance to really prove itself... it loses, for no particular reason except that the fandom hates it? Meh, sounds a bit pointless to me.
Because Caterpie is a power house against TR and the battle against Vileplume sucked.

On the other hand, Harley losing again, just two contests after his last pounding, would likely be even lamer. So I guess I'll root for him to pimp-slap Munchlax along with everyone else.
Welcome.

One thing, though... I love Harley and all, but why does a rival have to be mean and nasty in order to be a good character? There's a difference between a rival and a villain. Maybe I'm just in Drew-defender mode, since he's usually the one who gets criticised in order to make Harley look better, but I don't see the necessity to play the two boys off against each other. I love that May has two very different kinds of rivals. Drew and Harley make great foils for each other. IMO a small part of the reason the writers came up with an 'evil' rival for May in the first place was to provide a contrast with Drew.
I never liked Drew his worthless plant. He's too much of a sissy and isn't willing to point out bluntly that he's better than May. WE finally get a character who will make sure May hear's it for losing but she doesn't lose.

I like the idea of Harley making May cry, though. Muahahaha. But not Ash comforting her. There's a reason Ash and Harley never interact. The character Harley is most associated with in the storyline after May is Drew, and to a lesser extent, Max and Jessie.
Agreed. I want to see May bawl her eyes out. She hasn't lost in two years and it's about time.

Gravy
11th December 2005, 3:19 PM
Agreed. I want to see May bawl her eyes out. She hasn't lost in two years and it's about time.
Um...would 'The Grand Festival' happen to ring any bells? [/nitpick]

Eh, I have nothing else to say on the matter, except that I wholeheartedly agree with Cybercubed. Ironically enough, if Haruka looses we're going to gain a whole lot more out of that loss.
Screw that "May should win because Harely is a big meanie" attitude, says I. Do something different and don't roll along the same rails each time~

The Big Al
11th December 2005, 5:10 PM
That's the same thing as saying Ash lost in the league. I mean in your basic contest.

Jo-Jo
11th December 2005, 5:31 PM
Harley winning has all the usual problems - he's a bad guy, he'll invariably cheat, bad message for the kids, blah blah blah. It might be interesting, though, if this one time he doesn't do anything underhanded and manages to win.

Because Caterpie is a power house against TR and the battle against Vileplume sucked.
....Whu-?

I never liked Drew his worthless plant. He's too much of a sissy and isn't willing to point out bluntly that he's better than May.
WTF? He tells May he's better than her all the time. As for being a sissy... *snerk* I guess that's why he came second in the Grand Festival, then.

Gravy
11th December 2005, 5:48 PM
That's the same thing as saying Ash lost in the league. I mean in your basic contest.
But still, a loss is a loss, is a loss. And seeing as she was so dreadfully close to reaching her goal, I'd have thought it would have been considered to be a much more significant loss at that. She did learn a few things from the entire expercience also, so....blah~

The Big Al
11th December 2005, 5:51 PM
But he's not mean about it. He's like Gay after they neutered him in Johto. He acts superior but doesn't have that personalty that makes you want to beat him.

You think coming second in the Grand Festival proves he isn't a sissy boy? Have you forgotten who you are talking to?

V Faction
11th December 2005, 6:02 PM
But he's not mean about it. He's like Gay after they neutered him in Johto. He acts superior but doesn't have that personalty that makes you want to beat him.
Quoted for humor.

Judai Yuki
11th December 2005, 6:20 PM
Umm couldnt a draw happen people?

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
11th December 2005, 6:21 PM
What would be nice for me is if May would lose even before getting a chance to battle Harley. But that probably won't work since it hasn't happened in contests before.

Jo-Jo
11th December 2005, 6:22 PM
Pfffft, Drew's a smug little prat. Just because he's capable of being a nice guy too doesn't make him some weepy happy-clappy sort. And he came fairly close to making May cry in the Grand Festival, come to think of it.

CyberCubed
11th December 2005, 6:28 PM
Harley winning has all the usual problems - he's a bad guy, he'll invariably cheat, bad message for the kids, blah blah blah.

Erm Jo-Jo, did you see the title?

"Gonbe's Battle Debut! Harley and Taking the Game Seriously!!"

If Harley battles fair and square this time without trying to trick her like the title suggests, then there's no "bad message" for kids.

Besides, everytime May has lost in a contest there was always someone there to cheer her up and reassure her to do better next time. It's a learning experience. If Harley rubs his win in May's face and makes her burst into tears, then she can always run crying into Ash's arms again. ;)

Jo-Jo
11th December 2005, 6:47 PM
I wouldn't say that 'Taking The Game Seriously' proves that Harley isn't going to cheat. The way that sentence is structured, I'd guess it's going to be May who'll take things seriously.

Either way, though, it does imply that the May-Harley rivalry is going to step up a notch, which can only be good. ^_^

Besides, everytime May has lost in a contest there was always someone there to cheer her up and reassure her to do better next time. It's a learning experience. If Harley rubs his win in May's face and makes her burst into tears, then she can always run crying into Ash's arms again.
:X 'Again'? The ONE time she cried after losing a contest, she sat backstage and was comforted by Ash, Max and Brock. Not that any of them were at all successful - it was watching the battle between Drew and Robert that cheered her up. In Rubello, she was down, but she didn't cry, and she's never ran crying into Ash's arms.

CyberCubed
11th December 2005, 6:56 PM
I'm not talking literally of course. :rolleyes:

In Rubello town she did rub a tear out of her eye after Ash sat next to her on the bench and reassured her. Likewise in the Donphan episode when May thought she missed the chance to enter the GF because of Team Rocket, Ash put his hands on her shoulders and tried to reassure her, even though she burst into tears.

I'm not saying there has to be an Ash comforting scene. I'm just saying that if Harley ever rubs his victory in May's face and she ends up crying again, then she always has Ash and Brock to cheer her up. There doesn't have to be a sad ending if Harley wins, Ash and Brock won't let May feel depressed. That's why everytime May has lost (first contest where Ash blames himself for her loss, and the three of them come to cheer her up, Rubello when Ash goes alone to cheer her up and sits on the bench next to her, Donphan episode where Ash tries to tell her to go ahead and enter for the last contest and he would go look for Max while putting his hands on her shoulders, and Grand Festival where Ash goes and gets Ice Cream for May to cheer her up a bit).

If Harley acts nasty to her, she's always going to have her friends to back her up. I'm putting emphasis on Ash because not only has he done it before, but because he's suppossed to be her mentor, and he's there to make sure she succeeds.

Judai Yuki
11th December 2005, 7:23 PM
Harley has cheated b4 when??and couldnt it be a draw?

GreenKirby
11th December 2005, 7:44 PM
I really want Harley to win but i won't be suprised because its the same writers that shaft the hell out of Sceptile.

Squirtle_007
11th December 2005, 8:13 PM
Why would people care if Munchlax and May lose? I mean

A) A lot of people despise Munchlax and would like to see it take a beating

B) May needs to lose at least one contest this region. It would be crappy writing to have her win every single contest without taking a loss or two.

C) Harley needs to redeem himself for the loss at Saffron. This is really Harley's last chance to prove himself to be a worthy rival again. Hopefully the writers realize their mistake of having him lose at Saffron, and are now going to rectify it by having Harley win this one

D) Who cares if Munchlax has barely been doing anything? This is just the Battle Frontier season. We KNOW that Munchlax will be shoved down our throats once we get to the D/P region. It'll be on the show for a whole 'nother 3 year + region. Munchlax not getting much screentime now doesn't make a difference, it'll be here forever.

E) I don't know about anyone else, but I'd love to see Harley rub his victory in May's face and make her burst into tears. Harley's first appeareance showed what a real rival is suppossed to be like, he's not a nice guy. And hey, if May runs off depressed and bursting into tears then there's a chance that we'll get another one of those Ash comforting scenes. Scenes where Ash tries to cheer May up are always a plus in my book, I loved the interaction between the two after the Rubello contest loss, in the Donphan episode of Hoenn where May thought she missed the chance to enter the GF, and at her first contest lost in early Hoenn. Ash IS suppossed to be her mentor, let's see him act like it again.

A) Not me, don&#180;t generalize

B) I don&#180;t see nobody complaining about Satoshi&#180;s win - streak in Battle Frontier

C) Since when the sissy boy is considered a "worthy villian"?

D) Better now than never, I wanna see it doing something apart just eating and sleeping, let the thing justify it&#180;s existence

E) Uuuuuuuuh, scary, take note, if you wanna be considerated a "bad guy", keep a grudge to a girl

CyberCubed
11th December 2005, 8:36 PM
and couldnt it be a draw?

That's probably impossible. If time runs out and the trainers have the same number of points left over, they probably go into a "Sudden Death" mode to break the tie. They're not to award a ribbon to more than one person.

B) I don&#180;t see nobody complaining about Satoshi&#180;s win - streak in Battle Frontier

Actually people are. People want Ash to lose at least once against a Brain. At this rate he probably won't lose until Spenser.

The Big Al
11th December 2005, 8:38 PM
A) Not me, don´t generalize
A lot =/= all genius.

B) I don´t see nobody complaining about Satoshi´s win - streak in Battle Frontier
Then you must be blind. Read some of the posts in the episode and speculation discussions and you'll find a few posts.

Since the "sissy boy" is more like the original Gary than Drew.

D) Better now than never, I wanna see it doing something apart just eating and sleeping, let the thing justify it´s existence
Or end it's existance. I wish that would happen.

E) Uuuuuuuuh, scary, take note, if you wanna be considerated a "bad guy", keep a grudge to a girl
After a loss like Saffron I'll have a grudge against her. I'd also have a grudge against Ash pulling a Yugi in the first their first meeting.

Heracross
11th December 2005, 10:10 PM
You're not very observant are you? Anyone with eyeballs could tell you that Harley is more than some sissy boy. Your argument fails.

Manene!
12th December 2005, 12:27 AM
I take most of what I said back, As long as Munchlax puts up a hell of a fight against Harley, he can lose. He'll battle before that so, either way he'll win his actual first battle.

phoenix12
12th December 2005, 1:23 AM
I'm a little conflicted here....i DO want to see May lose at least one conest in the Hoenn region so that she doesn't come off being too super-powerful already (just like I would enjoy seeing Ash lose to at least one Brain)

...but I do NOT want Munchlax to lose in its first contest apperance! I really don't understand what most people have against it...while its inclusion in the show involves promotion for the 4th generation, I don't see why that's a big problem...people complained in the past about it just being a useless promotion tool, and now that it's starting to prove itself as a decent battler, people WANT it to suck and be useless..what crap...it knows decent attacks: Solar Beam, Metronome, Focus Punch...as long as Metronome doesn't turn into a replica of Skitty's Assist (where it randomly saves May's a** almost every time it's used)

....also, considering all the PokeBlock Munchlax ate in its capture episode, it should be more than ready to do well in the Contest :-P Since May dumped off her all her former Hoenn Contest champs (besides Combusken, of course) before the BF league, it's about time Munchlax steps up to the plate and compensates for what has been lost without Beautifly, Skitty, and Bulbasaur (Squirtle has already begun to prove itself as an awesome battler and appeal Pokemon) ;munchlax;

Mawile_Eyes
12th December 2005, 6:38 AM
I agree with you. Munchlax knows a few powerful moves like Solar Beam & Focus Punch, so we may be sure that it will win when fighting with Harley's pokemon.
But I don't think May will use it to perform ^^

jolteonjak
12th December 2005, 6:15 PM
I must admit, if May has to lose a contest in this region, I hope its to Harley. I like him better as her rival than Drew.

Here's also hoping for the return of Banette (Jupetta-chan, right?). Banette v. Munchlax. Then the writers can avenge the awful loss Dusclops suffered. :(

JazzJazz
12th December 2005, 7:19 PM
I agree with you. Munchlax knows a few powerful moves like Solar Beam & Focus Punch, so we may be sure that it will win when fighting with Harley's pokemon.
But I don't think May will use it to perform ^^

I don't think May would really know how to use munchlax effectively... has she really got a handle on its moves and skills?

CyberCubed
12th December 2005, 8:02 PM
Well she's handled it well in battles before, but lets hope she screws up this time so she loses.

ghost master
12th December 2005, 10:28 PM
Well she's handled it well in battles before, but lets hope she screws up this time so she loses. actually I'd like her not to screw up but, for harley to step his game up. Munchlax doing well and having a good battle but, losing is fine. Munchlax just launching solar beams and a focus punch and winning would be unacceptable.

Infinite Master Sceptile
13th December 2005, 1:45 AM
Maybe Munchlax will pull a Charizard on May. She'll be like "OMG, Munchlax is my secret weapon! YAY!", and then it sits down and goes to sleep, or something like that. People have been talking about Banette going against Munchlax, but does Banette even have any attacks that would hit a normal type? I see Cacturne as much more of a possibility. Banette might be used for appeals. It looks like Harley has learned his lesson. Trick May, get pwned. Maybe he figures she'll be idiotic all on her own. Which she might be, by using Munchlax. Granted, Munchlax is a powerhouse, but it has little battle experience. The writers would reach new levels of stupidity if the had May win this one.
On to a subject that has been ignored. Will Jessie participate in this contest? And what will she use? I think that if she does compete, she might use Manene for appeals, and Seviper for battling.
Oh, and where's Drew? IMS hopes next time he appears, he has a new Pokemon.

Heracross
13th December 2005, 1:56 AM
People have been talking about Banette going against Munchlax, but does Banette even have any attacks that would hit a normal type?
Actually, all of the attacks it's used before would work on a normal type.

On to a subject that has been ignored. Will Jessie participate in this contest? And what will she use? I think that if she does compete, she might use Manene for appeals, and Seviper for battling.
I hope so. I would love to see Manene used for a contest, be it an appeal or the actual battle. Though that may best be saved for another contest, as it would take away from the main Harley vs Haruka plot.

Ralts Master
13th December 2005, 2:56 AM
As soon as I read the topic title I thought "dammit it better not be Harley"... I hate being right...

Yamato-san
13th December 2005, 4:28 PM
Bashfest!!! Bashfest!!! Gooooooooo Munchlax!!!
I´ll be waiting for Yamato-chan´s reply, he writes a loooooooooong speech to defend the Cacturne-dressed punching bag

ch..... cha..... n.....? [twitch]

[cough] I won't retort. Just gonna remind you that you better watch your a**. Swimming in shark-infested waters is crazy, doing so with an open cut is just plain suicidal. Your logic is wounded.... you sure you wanna take a dip?

Anyway, I'm not gonna get my hopes up.... on one hand, the writers could finally see that Harley's worthy of getting in a victory and realize he's a great character that really shouldn't go to waste like he is. On the other hand.... they got that Gonbe to learn three attacks before it even participated in a contest, that's an awful lot of foreshadowing. On top of that, they're probably gonna try to stuff the 4th generation down our throat by showing how great Pokemon from it are in battle. Plus, the anime writers have disappointed several times in the past (hell, the Yamabuki convention is just one such example).

All I can do is hope that he finally manages to mop the f***ing floor with Haruka, NOT lose against another baby (especially not with an extremely unbelievable win and/or pulling the new technique that would ensure this battle's victory completely out of its a**). Either way, it's a damn shame that the cheap turtle isn't the one going out there to get slaughtered. After all the humiliation it put Harley through last time, I'd love nothing but the utmost horrible things to occur to it however possible.

JazzJazz
13th December 2005, 7:20 PM
I hope so. I would love to see Manene used for a contest, be it an appeal or the actual battle.

Just curious if manene has been used in battle before? Or has it just been around for comic relief so far?

The Big Al
13th December 2005, 8:26 PM

[cough] I won't retort. Just gonna remind you that you better watch your a**. Swimming in shark-infested waters is crazy, doing so with an open cut is just plain suicidal. Your logic is wounded.... you sure you wanna take a dip?
I was going to tell them, but I wanted you to do it.

I really hope May doesn't win this one. I've lost all respect for her and will take pleasure in seeing her get destroyed out there. After Saffron, I want her to get her head handed to her and her stupidity to come shining through. Her luck has to end and I say it needs to end in this episode.

Squirtle_007
13th December 2005, 9:09 PM

Anyway, I'm not gonna get my hopes up.... on one hand, the writers could finally see that Harley's worthy of getting in a victory and realize he's a great character that really shouldn't go to waste like he is. On the other hand.... they got that Gonbe to learn three attacks before it even participated in a contest, that's an awful lot of foreshadowing. On top of that, they're probably gonna try to stuff the 4th generation down our throat by showing how great Pokemon from it are in battle. Plus, the anime writers have disappointed several times in the past (hell, the Yamabuki convention is just one such example).

All I can do is hope that he finally manages to mop the f***ing floor with Haruka, NOT lose against another baby (especially not with an extremely unbelievable win and/or pulling the new technique that would ensure this battle's victory completely out of its a**). Either way, it's a damn shame that the cheap turtle isn't the one going out there to get slaughtered. After all the humiliation it put Harley through last time, I'd love nothing but the utmost horrible things to occur to it however possible.

I was going to tell them, but I wanted you to do it.

I really hope May doesn't win this one. I've lost all respect for her and will take pleasure in seeing her get destroyed out there. After Saffron, I want her to get her head handed to her and her stupidity to come shining through. Her luck has to end and I say it needs to end in this episode.

What could you do to me, Yamato-chan? A sissy - Harley style - scratch? Send me a flamboyant kiss?

Let&#180;s see, when I say that Harley is a sissy, pathetic and lousy cheater Cacturne - dressed punching bag I can get banned, but ALL this bashing against Haruka is not worthy enough to a ban.

Meh, I don&#180;t care, if I&#180;m gonna get banned, then let this post as reference

A thing that I think is very cute is how Harley fans think that loser is gonna win someday, come on, Musashi has more chance for a win than he, Harley has the "loser" word writen in his butt and only can win if one of three things happen:
* Playing straight (But this would make him lose his "meany" personality that his fanbase loves)
* If Haruka is not around
* If the Grumpigs fly

The Big Al
13th December 2005, 11:02 PM
What could you do to me, Yamato-chan? A sissy - Harley style - scratch? Send me a flamboyant kiss?
You little...:@ You really love the fact there's a computer screen between us.

Let&#180;s see, when I say that Harley is a sissy, pathetic and lousy cheater Cacturne - dressed punching bag I can get banned, but ALL this bashing against Haruka is not worthy enough to a ban.
Let's see, Crystal Latios isn't around anymore and there's plenty of reasons to hate May. Also, not only are you bashing Harley, you're insulting other members.

Meh, I don&#180;t care, if I&#180;m gonna get banned, then let this post as reference

A thing that I think is very cute is how Harley fans think that loser is gonna win someday, come on, Musashi has more chance for a win than he, Harley has the "loser" word writen in his butt and only can win if one of three things happen:
* Playing straight (But this would make him lose his "meany" personality that his fanbase loves)
* If the Grumpigs fly
We want him to win because at his hands, May would not only be defeated but demoralized. Not mention we can rub in the face of little douches like you.

Devilrose
13th December 2005, 11:20 PM
* If the Grumpigs fly

And I suppose he stole those five ribbons for the Grand Festival?
I only started liking Harley recently, but even before that I kinda wanted to see him beat May, just to make things interesting. Of course, I try not to get my hopes up for anything anyway. Like Squall says in FF8, you feel less pain that way >.>

Gravy
13th December 2005, 11:32 PM
Let´s see, when I say that Harley is a sissy, pathetic and lousy cheater Cacturne - dressed punching bag I can get banned, but ALL this bashing against Haruka is not worthy enough to a ban.
Wait...what? I think it was a bit harsh to call her 'stupid', but I wouldn't consider Al's post to be bashing Haruka per se. Naive would have fit the bill methinks~
Besides, its a pretty minor statement anyways, compared to the unessicary garb I've seen you spouting >.>;

* If the Grumpigs fly

He's obviously capable of holding his own in a pokémon battle, considering he managed to get into the Grand Festival. We've also seen him beat a few coordinators in the preliminary rounds of normal contests, so he's hardly a loser by any means.
He does use underhanded tactics against Haruka on a number of occassions, but thats obviously just a ploy to humiliate her, rather than eliminate her as part of the competition. You're totally missing the point as to why he does these things in the first place.

And please...you're deluded if you think Jessie has a higher chance of winning than he does.

Heracross
14th December 2005, 12:25 AM
Congratulations. You've been immature. On the internet. Feel better now?

Yamato-san
14th December 2005, 3:23 AM

Nope.... I'm just gonna sit around, wait for you to make an a** of yourself for me, and eventually you'll get banned when you make one too many comments that are either character-bashing, member-bashing, prejudiced against homosexuals, or possibly all of the above in a single post.

Say, now that The Big Al mentions it.... considering the title of this episode, I wonder if there's a possibility that Haruka's lucky streak can finally be brought to an end, and much like Satoshi's transition between Kantou and the Orange Islands, the writers can stop giving her deus ex machina hand-outs and let her character seem capable on its own.

Squirtle_007
14th December 2005, 4:25 AM
Nope.... I'm just gonna sit around, wait for you to make an a** of yourself for me, and eventually you'll get banned when you make one too many comments that are either character-bashing, member-bashing, prejudiced against homosexuals, or possibly all of the above in a single post.

Haven&#180;t you bitten your tongue, Yamato-chan?
*About character-bashing, you are the first that always whines about Haruka&#180;s Squirtle and Munchlax
*About member-bashing, you called me "idiot" and told that my oppinions are "bull$hi+" for no reason
*And the prejudice against homosexuals is just what you are assuming

Anyway, back to topic:
It has been almost ten years of teaching trough the series about "playing fair and square" and "keeping in the good side to be a winner"
Why the writers should change that right now giving the punching bag a victory?
If a character is "bad" from the start, is gonna be "bad" forever no matter what, Team Rocket is a proof of this.
"Pikachu Revolts", the second Pok&#233;mon movie, "Ignorance as Blissey" and "A Poached Ego" are forgotten in no time just to glorify "the heroes" an episode later.

Heracross
14th December 2005, 4:35 AM
Why the writers should change that right now giving the punching bag a victory?
Because having one of Haruka's main rivals lose every time is crappy writing.

Yamato-san
14th December 2005, 5:06 AM
Haven&#180;t you bitten your tongue, Yamato-chan?
*About character-bashing, you are the first that always whines about Haruka&#180;s Squirtle and Munchlax
*About member-bashing, you called me "idiot" and told that my oppinions are "bull$hi+" for no reason
*And the prejudice against homosexuals is just what you are assuming

My complaints about Haruka's Zenigame are justifiable. My complaints about Haruka's Gonbe are justifiable. My complaints about you, justifiable. Your attitude towards homosexuals and the roles they play in anime.... let's see you try to justify that without being ripped to shreds. And I'm hardly assuming, either, you really do hate Harley just because he's a fruit. You actually said it in a thread, I can go search for it, quote it, and link to the page it's on if you want. Seriously, I'm above crap like "Zenigame & Gonbe R teh su><0rs!!11!" and can give a legitimate, even if it is lengthy and drawn-out, reason as to why I don't really like them. If I can do that, if I can thoroughly criticize, I'm not exactly "bashing", and that goes towards nearly everyone else here but you.

Anyway, in case you're not aware from the examples you just listed, the anime has been trying to convey Rocket Dan as being good people who just try to follow orders and please their organization despite evil intents (and them doing a poor job at it leads to them being comic relief). And all of Rocket Dan's attempts at being good are forgotten by the next episode? Please! Are you completely oblivious to what the writers have been doing with Kojirou as of lately? And besides that, I highly doubt such episodes would be forgotten by the fanbase so easily.... especially not an episode like "A Poached Ego", in which two Pokemon that've been in the anime since episode 2 are finally given the boot in one of the more dramatic moments the series has faced. The true bad guys, or even just tricksters and over-arrogant rivals like Shigeru and Shuu, have gotten away with something in the end, on the other hand. Hell, even Rocket Dan had their share of victory on occasion.... they got Togepi (even though Sakaki didn't want it), and do you honestly think Musashi would have that Habunake right now if they were always failing at what they set out to do (they were trying to catch Habunake from the start, afterall)?

RaikousThunder
14th December 2005, 6:04 AM
Harley better win this contest. The writers better not have him lose twice to her in such a short time. If hes going to take things seriously now then he deserves to win, not that he didnt deserve it before. May, as well as Ash in this point, needs a good butt kicking and served a loss. When was the last time either of them lost? The big battles back in Hoenn? Harley needs to knock May down a peg or two. It seems they are rushing the series but May shouldnt win 5 contests in a row, no way. Anyway Go Harley!! *proud Harley fan**look at banner*

BTW who does Harley's dub voice? I cant quite place him. What other characters has that va done?

Squirtle_007
14th December 2005, 8:59 AM
My complaints about Haruka's Zenigame are justifiable. My complaints about Haruka's Gonbe are justifiable. My complaints about you, justifiable. Your attitude towards homosexuals and the roles they play in anime.... let's see you try to justify that without being ripped to shreds. And I'm hardly assuming, either, you really do hate Harley just because he's a fruit. You actually said it in a thread, I can go search for it, quote it, and link to the page it's on if you want. Seriously, I'm above crap like "Zenigame & Gonbe R teh su><0rs!!11!" and can give a legitimate, even if it is lengthy and drawn-out, reason as to why I don't really like them. If I can do that, if I can thoroughly criticize, I'm not exactly "bashing", and that goes towards nearly everyone else here but you.

Anyway, in case you're not aware from the examples you just listed, the anime has been trying to convey Rocket Dan as being good people who just try to follow orders and please their organization despite evil intents (and them doing a poor job at it leads to them being comic relief). And all of Rocket Dan's attempts at being good are forgotten by the next episode? Please! Are you completely oblivious to what the writers have been doing with Kojirou as of lately? And besides that, I highly doubt such episodes would be forgotten by the fanbase so easily.... especially not an episode like "A Poached Ego", in which two Pokemon that've been in the anime since episode 2 are finally given the boot in one of the more dramatic moments the series has faced. The true bad guys, or even just tricksters and over-arrogant rivals like Shigeru and Shuu, have gotten away with something in the end, on the other hand. Hell, even Rocket Dan had their share of victory on occasion.... they got Togepi (even though Sakaki didn't want it), and do you honestly think Musashi would have that Habunake right now if they were always failing at what they set out to do (they were trying to catch Habunake from the start, afterall)?

Search it, quote it and link it, I´m not afraid, YAMATO-CHAN
And come on, I don´t "hate" Harley, come on, it´s just a cartoon but you LIKE ALWAYS are exaggerating.

And about Team Rocket, I´m not talking about how the fans sees their acts, I´m talking about how the writers forget about them, or tell me when was the last time Satoshi said "thanks" to Team Rocket for helped him in the Lugia movie before blasted them off.

Yamato-san
14th December 2005, 10:13 AM
Well, let´s put it like this way:
How you can take like a serious villian to a guy that dresses like a Cacturne and sends kisses to the audience?

Quote was gotten from here (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=88216&page=4).

Michiko
14th December 2005, 10:42 AM
Hmm... Harley isn't a loser. He is a very good trainer and his Team is strong. May wins almost all matches because the show is for kids and "good guys" always must win. I don't understand how baby Squirtle won against Ariados or how baby Bulbasaur won against Cacturne. Every poke fan knows that evolved pokemon is stronger and has better stats. Levels don't exist in the anime (or maybe they exist only nobody cares about them), but her luck is annoying for me. If she wins the next contest I will dislike her. If she really must win, her team should be more professional.

Well, let&#180;s put it like this way:
How you can take like a serious villian to a guy that dresses like a Cacturne and sends kisses to the audience?
He is original. I like his style, his attitude. Harley isn't boring rival and it makes him cooler.

The Big Al
14th December 2005, 12:07 PM
I've now found someone more annoying that Kawaiiest.Combusken (and that's saying a lot). Shut up Squirtle_007, seriously. All you've done on this thead is insult Yamato-san, flame me, bash Harley, and antagonize the serious posters on this thread. If you keep this up I will report you.

Back on topic
I guess if May won like she did in Fallarbor (where she used her head instead of relying purely on luck) I could stomach it. However, I would like her lose this one and then for her to win the next one using whatever brains the writers gave her.

Alfonso
14th December 2005, 1:55 PM
Search it, quote it and link it, I´m not afraid, YAMATO-CHAN
And come on, I don´t "hate" Harley, come on, it´s just a cartoon but you LIKE ALWAYS are exaggerating.

The correct term is 'anime'.

And stop calling him Yamato-chan. It's san, and you know it.

And about Team Rocket, I´m not talking about how the fans sees their acts, I´m talking about how the writers forget about them, or tell me when was the last time Satoshi said "thanks" to Team Rocket for helped him in the Lugia movie before blasted them off.

...What? I can barely read what you just typed.

Ash never blasted Team Rocket off in the Lugia movie. Team Rocket decided to let go of Lugia on their own, and the only thing Ash did was shout 'Team Rooocket!' and that was that. No wondering if they were alright, or thanking them in his mind.

Squirtle_007
14th December 2005, 10:00 PM
Quote was gotten from here (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=88216&page=4).

And I used the word "homosexual" .... when?

The Big Al
14th December 2005, 10:13 PM
And I used the word "homosexual" .... when?

You're splitting hairs but you have made countless comments about his looks and behavoir and say that it makes him unworthy to be a respectable rival. So you have basically said a homosexual can't be a respectiable rival. So you've shot your mouth off and you lost.

Yamato-san
14th December 2005, 10:14 PM
And stop calling him Yamato-chan. It's san, and you know it.

That's right, Al.... er [looks at The Big Al]...fonso, and the day I become a mod, I'll have my name changed. Assuming he's still around then, he'll have to refer to me as "sama".... you veterans could still call me what you wish, though.

Hmm... Harley isn't a loser. He is a very good trainer and his Team is strong. May wins almost all matches because the show is for kids and "good guys" always must win. I don't understand how baby Squirtle won against Ariados or how baby Bulbasaur won against Cacturne. Every poke fan knows that evolved pokemon is stronger and has better stats. Levels don't exist in the anime (or maybe they exist only nobody cares about them), but her luck is annoying for me. If she wins the next contest I will dislike her. If she really must win, her team should be more professional.

I don't know about Fushigidane vs. Noctus.... the first couple of times she won against Harley actually seemed a bit more believable. Fushigidane still seemed a bit like a baby, sure, but it already got a loss in its first contest and managed to mature a bit since then. Not to mention Satoshi gave her a pep speech at the time. Plus, it was more believable that it learned Petal Dance, since aside from being a breeding move in the games, we really don't know what it could've learned back in its home (unlike Zenigame, where we know damn well that it was being raised by Ookido all its life with the intent of being someone's starter, and it never once saw Ice Beam in action). It also didn't use Petal Dance as its trump card (it wasn't an overly powerful attack, just kind of something that went with Razor Leaf to boost its power a bit and make the appeal look good), and Petal Dance wasn't given a flaw at the last minute just to be used to her advantage. The second time she won, she was using Fushigidane along with Agehunt, arguably one of her best Pokemon (that isn't cheap).

Squirtle_007
15th December 2005, 6:08 AM
You know what?
I&#180;m a little bit tired of all this
I can explain all what you want, but my crappy english don&#180;t let me be a good debater or say exactly what I want to say.
Just one thing: Don&#180;t take it so seriously, it&#180;s just an anime for entertaiment and everyone can say whatever they want.
I must admit that I maybe said things that I shouldn&#180;t say but I won&#180;t regret, it would be useless.

And back to the topic, at this point, I just want to see a good fight, not one like the Skitty vs. Dusclops contest, how about something like this?:
Bannete vs. Munchlax
*Bannete uses Will-O-Wisp
*Munchlax uses Metronome and it comes Foresight
*Bannete uses Thunderbolt
*Munchlax uses Focus Punch
*Bannete uses Taunt making Munchlax can&#180;t use Focus Punch again
*Munchlax uses Solarbeam
*Bannete before fainting uses Destiny Bond
*Both Pok&#233;mon faints and nobody wins

The Big Al
15th December 2005, 2:05 PM
How about
Munchlax uses Metronome
Metronome became Self-Destruct

Kind of like the joke the people at Pokesho made about May using assist all the time and Misty put a bunch of Electrode in May's team. I know we'll never get it but I'd laugh my rear off if we did.

Btw, we're getting tired of you insulting us and being a jerk.

Pitchi
16th December 2005, 4:34 AM
Harely again.. ugh >< but oh well. This episode is seems interesting. I don`t think Harely will make dirty trick to Haruka this time. I don`t care if Haruka wins or not but.. yea. I want to see Harely wins at least one time.

Jo-Jo
16th December 2005, 12:05 PM
Oh. I just had a new theory. I've been predicting for a while that Harley will beat May in a late contest and then there'll be a big showdown between them in the Grand Festival. But this episode is only May's third contest - that's very early for a Harley-victory, since he can't appear again until the GF if he beats her now. And if May beats him, then it's just a big Saffron rehash. So maybe what'll actually happen is that Harley will beat May in this episode, and they'll then have their big, final battle in her last contest, with them both competing for their fifth ribbons. Then the GF will be left free to focus on May-Drew. Hmmm. Looks like I'll have to wait and see what happens in this ep before deciding what's up.

CyberCubed
16th December 2005, 4:45 PM
Oh. I just had a new theory. I've been predicting for a while that Harley will beat May in a late contest and then there'll be a big showdown between them in the Grand Festival. But this episode is only May's third contest - that's very early for a Harley-victory, since he can't appear again until the GF if he beats her now. And if May beats him, then it's just a big Saffron rehash. So maybe what'll actually happen is that Harley will beat May in this episode, and they'll then have their big, final battle in her last contest, with them both competing for their fifth ribbons. Then the GF will be left free to focus on May-Drew. Hmmm. Looks like I'll have to wait and see what happens in this ep before deciding what's up.

Interesting theory, but I'm sure they'll have Harley appear in the GF anyway. May might not face him in the GF then, but he'll probably be there.

Of course, what you're saying is the writers will now be given a chance to resolve the May/Drew rivalry this region. I thought you didn't want that to happen. :p

jolteonjak
16th December 2005, 6:32 PM
And back to the topic, at this point, I just want to see a good fight, not one like the Skitty vs. Dusclops contest, how about something like this?:

I swear if this does turn into a second version of Skitty vs. Dusclops, I'll start to dislike May

Jo-Jo
17th December 2005, 11:35 PM
Of course, what you're saying is the writers will now be given a chance to resolve the May/Drew rivalry this region. I thought you didn't want that to happen. :p
I don't, but unfortunately it's not up to me. ;)