PDA

View Full Version : AG 158 "May Travels Through Time"

ghost master
9th December 2005, 1:21 AM
Although it doesnt air until two weeks from now we already have a summary from Zhen Lin.

Satoshi-tachi have arrived at Fuschia. But Zenigame vanishes. The paniced Haruka in searching for Zenigame arrives at a station, where she meets an old woman, Kuni. She has not been able to comprehend her husband, Isao's, death in a faraway town many decades ago, and has hence waited at the station ever since. By a strange chance, Haruka and Nyarth experience a timeslip into the past, will they save Isao's life...?source http://f42.aaa.livedoor.jp/~imawaka/imgboardphp/src/1133955681064.jpg it also provides info on Bonsly and the ninja's so if somebody translates that that would be great. So Meowth enters the mix as well. Well we needed fillers no matter how much potential this had.

V Faction
9th December 2005, 1:25 AM
You know, I never mentioned this before, but because of my choice in forum style, I cannot read your text clearly.

As for the episode.... I do not see why they couldn't have done what they did with the Mysterious Dungeon games in advertising for the Ranger games.

EDIT: Yeah V, Ranger episode occured already. Mmmm... Is that some nummy crack I spy.

Sweet May
9th December 2005, 1:28 AM
whoa..... now thats an episode i really need to see... guess i'll wait for the preview. But the episode confuses me a little.......xP

Eternal Eievui
9th December 2005, 1:36 AM
An episode that touches on death? That seems to be a rare theme in the Anime.

I know it's come up before (Latios and creepy Ninetales-lady-in-the-mist) but it's nice to see it.

Black Marauder
9th December 2005, 1:37 AM
OMG... I wonder how the man died... I must see this one. yea rite until it's dubbed i must see it :(

Juputoru
9th December 2005, 1:43 AM
In case you didn't notice...we already have a thread about this ep (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=96150). Sure, it's mostly speculation based off the title, but it still centers on this ep.

Anyway...this ep looks like average filler, other than the ever-so-rare mention of death.

MagicBox
9th December 2005, 1:45 AM
Uh oh. An episode that has death in it. I'd like to see how 4KIDS deals with this one, seeing as how they'll most likely have to mention it because the subject of the episode seems to be focusing on whether or not May can save the man's life. Although, the episode itself sounds awesome. It's not often we get a fresh plot thrown into the show.

Eternal Eievui
9th December 2005, 1:55 AM
Uh oh. An episode that has death in it. I'd like to see how 4KIDS deals with this one, seeing as how they'll most likely have to mention it because the subject of the episode seems to be focusing on whether or not May can save the man's life. Although, the episode itself sounds awesome. It's not often we get a fresh plot thrown into the show.

May: "We MUST go back in time and save her husband from being sent to THE SHADOW REALM!"

Torchic23
9th December 2005, 1:58 AM
Finally a ep. about May. I was really looking forward to checking this one out on serebii.

CyberCubed
9th December 2005, 2:51 AM
May: "We MUST go back in time and save her husband from being sent to THE SHADOW REALM!"

Uh, no. 4kids will say the old man "passed away" or "never came home". There are a LOT of ways to allude to death without ever saying the word.

Simply having the wife say, "I never saw my husband again" is a great example for this episode.

Watch some nutcases below me say this episode will be banned by 4kids. Idiots.

Rex Kamex
9th December 2005, 2:58 AM
Although it doesnt air until two weeks from now we already have a summary from Zhen Lin.
source http://f42.aaa.livedoor.jp/~imawaka/imgboardphp/src/1133955681064.jpg it also provides info on Bonsly and the ninja's so if somebody translates that that would be great. So Meowth enters the mix as well. Well we needed fillers no matter how much potential this had.

Yeah, I wonder what Meowth'll do. It doesn't look like the egg will hatch in this episode, but you never know.

Gravy
9th December 2005, 3:12 AM
Ooh, so its got a 'Staff and Cast' listing on that scan, ne? And I'm assuming it tells us just who will be in charge of directing the animation of each episode. Would be much appreciated if someone could get me some names.

The Time travel episode sounds like a disgustingly blatant rip-off of one of the Richie Hoso episodes that featured Celebi, and I'm not too fond of that. However, I am interested in the possible interaction between Meowth and Haruka. They're the last characters you'd think would feature in an episode together, so either way its going to be interesting.
I'm also hoping Meowth gets more character development out of this. They're doing a damn good job with fleshing out James' personallity recently, so why not do the same for the remaining two?

Station = trains. And judging from the description given, this is a pretty old station to boot. Which means a good ol' fashoined steam-powered rail runner.
Theres something quite awesome about seeing vehicles other than cars in the pokémon world. Especially the old school variety.

Feity
9th December 2005, 3:24 AM
Station = trains. And judging from the description given, this is a pretty old station to boot. Which means a good ol' fashoined steam-powered rail runner.
Theres something quite awesome about seeing vehicles other than cars in the pokémon world. Especially the old school variety.
Other then boats, as well.

So we were wrong about the Ranger > Bonsly > Time Travel 3 parter. This seems very cool as well. Lets stay away from the idea of Squirtle evolving, shall we?

Pitchi
9th December 2005, 8:03 AM
Cool, May travels Through time.. I think it will be a interestinhg episode =) And wow this episode has death in it? I wonder if 4kids are okay with that. They don`t have to ban this one anyway >> Anyway, i want to see May`s activity :D

Lets stay away from the idea of Squirtle evolving, shall we?

uh i don`t want zenigame to evolve yet ><

The Big Al
9th December 2005, 12:20 PM
"Timeslip"

When Pokemon starts stealing from Enterprise and Quantum Leap, you know it's is deep crap.

There just better be trains. I'm a big train nut and I want trains. Otherwise, this episode looks like the Richie special all over again.

Serebii
9th December 2005, 12:28 PM
"Timeslip"

When Pokemon starts stealing from Enterprise and Quantum Leap, you know it's is deep crap.

There just better be trains. I'm a big train nut and I want trains. Otherwise, this episode looks like the Richie special all over again.
Timeslip has never been a term used in Star Trek :p

The Big Al
9th December 2005, 12:34 PM
Timeslip has never been a term used in Star Trek :p
Stike my Enterprise reference.

~Shining-Metagross~
9th December 2005, 4:58 PM
Random old Filler man: "Trust in the Heart of the Pokeball and thier is nothing we can't do!"

Onto this episode a week early, but still. Not a 3-part series, I was wrong. Damn....X_X

But still, touching on death is rare in Pokemon, and sounds rather interesting, but if thier is Meowth is a hologram trying to help May get back to her normal time, I AM GOING TO SCREAM. Or if May is in a different persons body. Either way, it sounds like a good episode, but a Quantem Leap rip-off. =P

The Big Al
9th December 2005, 5:35 PM
but if thier is Meowth is a hologram trying to help May get back to her normal time, I AM GOING TO SCREAM. Or if May is in a different persons body. Either way, it sounds like a good episode, but a Quantem Leap rip-off. =P
Watch the Quantum Leap, Back to the Future, Time Cop and (insert TV show or movie about time travel) jokes come piling into this thread. Personally, I'd laugh my head off.

ChaosMage
9th December 2005, 6:12 PM
This sounds cool, but I'm sure it'll have many unanswered questions about HOW May travels through time.

Adzieboy
9th December 2005, 6:16 PM
I'm still saying it's Celebi. It has to be doesn't it? Unless there's another time travelling pokemon. It's gonna go just like the Richie ep.

Eternal Eievui
9th December 2005, 6:17 PM
Uh, no. 4kids will say the old man "passed away" or "never came home". There are a LOT of ways to allude to death without ever saying the word.

Simply having the wife say, "I never saw my husband again" is a great example for this episode.

Watch some nutcases below me say this episode will be banned by 4kids. Idiots.

Someone doesn't have their humour cap on. :D I was aluding to a *certain* anime in which THE SHADOW REALM is used as a substitute for Hell, death and all that bad stuff.

Anyways, you're right. Heck, they used the words "passed away" in one of the very first episodes. Even if that was a dub mistake and Brock's Mommy came back oO;;;

~Shining-Metagross~
9th December 2005, 6:32 PM
Watch the Quantum Leap, Back to the Future, Time Cop and (insert TV show or movie about time travel) jokes come piling into this thread. Personally, I'd laugh my head off.
Well, they are at a train station....*CHOUGHBACKTOTHEFUTURE3CHOUGH*

The Big Al
9th December 2005, 6:39 PM
Well, they are at a train station....*CHOUGHBACKTOTHEFUTURE3CHOUGH*
A DeLorean with train wheels appears and takes them back in time. I'd laugh it that happened.

JazzJazz
9th December 2005, 9:39 PM
I'm still saying it's Celebi. It has to be doesn't it? Unless there's another time travelling pokemon.

I doubt they'll rely on celebi again so soon after the Pokemon Ranger episode. Time travel doesn't have to involve celebi anyway, just look at the baltoy episode...

MaskedManAbsolkid
10th December 2005, 12:03 PM

The Chronicles ep with Richie featured death. The pokemon centre owner told richie that on her 8th birthday, he was killed in a landslide. Richie went back in time to save him.

I have a feeling the egg'll hatch in this ep. It'd be about a beginning (the egg hatching), and an ending (Isao was dead), but then it could be a restarting instead of an ending (if Isao doesn't die)

Gaiash
10th December 2005, 12:28 PM
A DeLorean with train wheels appears and takes them back in time. I'd laugh it that happened.
I'd laugh more if she went through time in a Phonebox XD

The Big Al
10th December 2005, 2:19 PM
I'd laugh more if she went through time in a Phonebox XD
I forgot about all Bill and Ted.

EDIT: Maybe a magic weathervane will take them back in time.

Cerberus
12th December 2005, 6:42 PM
Sound real interesting, I wonder how he died, because if they can save him it must be somthing unnatural.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
12th December 2005, 6:53 PM
Sound real interesting, I wonder how he died, because if they can save him it must be somthing unnatural.
could have got hit by a train.....
well I can predict something to do with falling from something

my prediction:
a filler
after Zenigame goes missing, Haruka will hear the story of the dead man, somehow go back in time, stop him from dying. egg won't hatch

Zenigame is too young to evolve...

PWDDragon
16th December 2005, 3:04 AM
The preview is up, and I'm really confused!!!!

Jirachi is shown, and scenes from Jirachi Wishmaker(i think)
and also scenes from the next movie.

Rex Kamex
16th December 2005, 3:10 AM
Just saw the preview. (Man, that's gonna be the famous line of this thread soon.) Apparently, there is some kind of special involved in this since the preview shows the scenes from the Jirachi movie (including the title at the bottom) and scenes from the upcoming ninth movie.

Chelc
16th December 2005, 3:10 AM
...jirachi?

*contains self, deep breath*

Haruka and Meowth? Death? That's . . . a change. Either way, it sounds really cool, and I can't wait to see it. :3

Addydo
16th December 2005, 3:16 AM
The preview is up, and I'm really confused!!!!

Jirachi is shown, and scenes from Jirachi Wishmaker(i think)
and also scenes from the next movie.

I just saw the preview too, and I have to agree with you PWDDragon, I am just as confused as you are!!! :confused: It doesn't make ANY sense!!!??? :confused:

Gravy
16th December 2005, 3:18 AM
They're devoting a special timeslot to the movie "Wishing Star of 7 Nights: Jirachi", as well as the airing of the "Haruka travels through time!" episode. Thats what the movie scenes are all about. Though its interesting to see they'll be playing some Ranger stuff also.

The idea of Meowth and Haruka staring alongside each other is still an awesome concept. I hope they try their best to make the interaction between the two characters enjoyable to watch.

Man, I wish Combusken could just once do something besides battle. Too much Squirtle makes Gravy a sad savoury sauce ;_;

Alfonso
16th December 2005, 3:18 AM
I just saw the preview too, and I have to agree with you PWDDragon, I am just as confused as you are!!! :confused: It doesn't make ANY sense!!!??? :confused:

If you had kept your ear to the ground like the rest of us, instead of rewatching the Breloom episode over and over hoping that if you watch it enough, 'Fire Spin' will turn into 'Flamethrower', maybe you'd know about the Christmas Special slot that's happening next Thursday, which will contain the next episode and the Jirachi movie.

Rex Kamex
16th December 2005, 3:20 AM
Upon looking at the preview several more times, apparently this thingy is some kind of two or one hour special or something like that. That's what it looks like, but I'm not completely sure what's happening.

EDIT: Rats, I posted this message too late...

Feity
16th December 2005, 3:21 AM
they are showing the new episode as well as the 6th movie and some stuff about the 9th movie, okay? That's all the rest of the stuff in the preview is.

Rex Kamex
16th December 2005, 3:26 AM
If you had kept your ear to the ground like the rest of us, instead of rewatching the Breloom episode over and over hoping that if you watch it enough, 'Fire Spin' will turn into 'Flamethrower', maybe you'd know about the Christmas Special slot that's happening next Thursday, which will contain the next episode and the Jirachi movie.

You know, before you said that, I never noticed the word KURISUMASU in that preview.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Squirtle is using Ice Beam in the preview.

CyberCubed
16th December 2005, 4:09 AM
Heh, I was wondering why the animation suddenly looked so good when the scene changed...and then I slapped my forehead, "Oh right, it's the friggin movie."

Am I the only one that noticed May's egg hatching in the preview? Hurray?

Gravy
16th December 2005, 4:19 AM
Egg hatching? If you're refering to that yellow light that starts glowing from whatever the hell Haruka is holding, I'm more inclined to believe thats what is going to transport her, Meowth and Squirtle through time :/
You have to love the placement of the Pokemon logo, ne?

Almighty Zard
16th December 2005, 4:19 AM
Am I the only one that noticed May's egg hatching in the preview? Hurray?

mind showing me a picture cause since when does an egg have lightning erupting from it and blasting into the sky, maybe that's the time slip activating.

CyberCubed
16th December 2005, 4:23 AM
Egg hatching? If you're refering to that yellow light that starts glowing from whatever the hell Haruka is holding, I'm more inclined to believe thats what is going to transport her, Meowth and Squirtle through time :/
You have to love the placement of the Pokemon logo, ne?

I dunno, the fact that the preview starts off with a scene of May holding the egg in her lap tips it off.

Meowth, May and Squirtle are standing next to one another and all of a sudden something flashes in her arms. Granted, we've seen Pokemon "evolve" from eggs such as Phanpy and other various Pokemon, and I think the reason the text immediately blocked it out was so we don't get spoiled what Pokemon the egg hatches into. (As if it's not already pretty obvious)

If May was holding something else in her arms for the timeslip why did they have to cover it up? It looks like the Pokemon in the egg somehow makes May and the others timeslip into the past.

Lil Brother
16th December 2005, 4:26 AM
Time-traveling Ee- I mean, mysterious Pokemon?

Appearantly the big spoiler will happen very early in the episode since the preview seemed to keen to showing sixth movie clips and showing just a bit of the next episode.

Why was part of the Ranger movie teaser there exactly?

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
16th December 2005, 4:26 AM
Darn not again. Now that they changed the size of the preview window I can't view it properly. All I get is the normal music and narrarator and then like 5 frames of still pics and that's all.

As for all I saw. Meowth and May together? Sounds good. That yellow light is probably how they go back in time.

Gravy
16th December 2005, 4:40 AM
I dunno, the fact that the preview starts off with a scene of May holding the egg in her lap tips it off.

Meowth, May and Squirtle are standing next to one another and all of a sudden something flashes in her arms. Granted, we've seen Pokemon "evolve" from eggs such as Phanpy and other various Pokemon, and I think the reason the text immediately blocked it out was so we don't get spoiled what Pokemon the egg hatches into. (As if it's not already pretty obvious)

If May was holding something else in her arms for the timeslip why did they have to cover it up? It looks like the Pokemon in the egg somehow makes May and the others timeslip into the past.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of it being the egg by any means, but it brings up the question of why they'd give it this big flashy light show in the first place. What makes this egg more special than any other that is warrants a blinding light hatching scene. However, after saying that, if animation for the attacks can be altered drastically every couple of episodes, what stops them doing the same with simply making an egg hatch~

On the other hand, it could just be that they're just being misleading. And lets face it, that has been their fort&#233; during the Battle Frontier saga thus far. Just look at the Mudkip episode and Phampy's evolution. We can't clearly see anything thanks to the logo, and thats obviously their intention. For all we know, it could be some random psychic pok&#233;mon that was lying around injured, and after Haruka picks it up, it becomes intimidated and thus initiates the time travel sequence.

Hopefully the preview that followed the Bonsly ep won't have all that text covering it.

(As if it's not already pretty obvious)
Oh no, please Cybercubed. Don't tempt 'them' >.<;

JazzJazz
16th December 2005, 6:42 AM
Why was part of the Ranger movie teaser there exactly?

We'll probably see some talk about the upcoming movie as part of the Jirachi special... any excuse to build up hype I guess.

Black Marauder
16th December 2005, 12:35 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but what if May's egg does hatch, and the Pokemon is the one responsible for the time-slip?

Like yea right! :\

Gaiash
16th December 2005, 1:23 PM
I wonder what time May will travel to?

The Big Al
16th December 2005, 1:39 PM
I don't know.

Gah, the logo covers everything up. We have wait a week to see what it is.

Porygandrew
16th December 2005, 2:32 PM
Whatever it is, it can't be heavy. She's only holding it with one hand - or wearing it as a necklace.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a249/drew2u/picture1.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a249/drew2u/picture2.jpg

Besides, if egg hatchings are now like this, the world just got more dangerous!
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a249/drew2u/picture3.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a249/drew2u/picture4.jpg

They're really putting on the 3D effects, aren't they :P

phoenix12
16th December 2005, 2:34 PM
going out on a limb here...but you think because May, Meowth, and Squirtle are shown flying around in a balloon (TR's possibly) yelling at something...maybe the Pokemon that might hatch this episode is a flying type? I know people seem 2 have it narrowed down to Eevee and Zigzagoon, but Pidgey's colors work with the egg, too.....just thinking, though....

Originally Posted By Gravy
What makes this egg more special than any other that is warrants a blinding light hatching scene. However, after saying that, if animation for the attacks can be altered drastically every couple of episodes, what stops them doing the same with simply making an egg hatch~

I was thinkin' the exact same thing

Porygandrew
16th December 2005, 2:43 PM
but you think because May, Meowth, and Squirtle are shown flying around in a balloon

I'm assuming it is TR's balloon, but if you look, Squirtle's releasing an ice beam.

Alfonso
16th December 2005, 2:48 PM
Yay, so Squirtle gets in on the whole 'Travelling through time' act. Gotta love how that thing just keeps on butting in.

Yeah.

Watching the preview over, I have to say I'm rather unimpressed. I... just don't care about this episode. It doesn't look interesting or exciting in the slightest, which is a shame considering it's going to be May going back in time.

To help some old man not die. >_>

She should have gone back in time to when Koga left for the Elite Four and left Janine in charge, who proceeded to have a big bikini party at the Gym with all her hot friends. x___x

The Big Al
16th December 2005, 4:07 PM
Yeah, this episode looks lackluster and Squirtle having a major role just makes it all the worse. Oh well, the party couldn't last forever and the fillers or semi-fillers of stupidity have returned with a revengance.

Gravy
16th December 2005, 4:11 PM
To be fair though, we haven't really got much to go by anyway. I don't think a 7 second piece of preview footage would do any episode much justice.

But then again, with a plot that strongly resembles a somewhat recent Hoso...

jolteonjak
16th December 2005, 4:30 PM
She should have gone back in time to when Koga left for the Elite Four and left Janine in charge, who proceeded to have a big bikini party at the Gym with all her hot friends. x___x

Roxanne, Noland, and Adan would be invited, right? :D

CyberCubed
16th December 2005, 4:42 PM
Yes, because of 10 seconds of footage this episode looks lackluster. Please. This episode is probably going to be very good.

I also find it amusing that Meowth is traveling around with May at the beginning. Is this one of those episodes where TR and Ash. and co all get blasted into the air and wind up randomly paired together? Neither Ash, Brock or Max are with May, and Jessie and James are MIA too.

Alfonso
16th December 2005, 4:46 PM
Yes, because of 10 seconds of footage this episode looks lackluster. Please. This episode is probably going to be very good.

Eh, I know what you're saying Cyber. It's just that I can't help but feel bored just looking at the preview. Sure, it could turn out to be awesome, but still. That's just what I'm feeling at the mo... a little silly of me considering the amount of footage we've seen...

I guess it's because I heard that this is just going to be a re-hash of the Celebi Hoso.

CyberCubed
16th December 2005, 4:47 PM
Yes but this time it stars May and Meowth. And not Richie and Celebi. That alone should make it more interesting.

Alfonso
16th December 2005, 4:49 PM
Yes but this time it stars May and Meowth. And not Richie and Celebi. That alone should make it more interesting.

Good point. I don't think we've ever seen May interact with Meowth.

How do you think she'll react to her first experience with p*ssy? ;D

*shot*

PDL
16th December 2005, 4:56 PM
anyone willing to bet that May will save the old man in the past by bringing him into the present, thus creating the problem of the man's dissapperance in the first place?

~Shining-Metagross~
16th December 2005, 8:15 PM
Preview. Although the idea sounds cool, the Episode is yet to shine since I have not seen enough clips of it to judge.

ProtoManEXE88
16th December 2005, 8:30 PM
(I didn't read any previous posts, so no flames and crap if I'm repeating stuff).

By the picture on the main page, it looks like May's egg is hatching in the first pic.

That is all.

Adzieboy
16th December 2005, 8:52 PM
What picture?

JazzJazz
16th December 2005, 10:02 PM
By the picture on the main page, it looks like May's egg is hatching in the first pic.

It's more likely that the glowing you see is from the effects of the time-travel... though no one can say for sure that it won't be the egg hatching.

I'm curious what role squirtle will play in all of this... wasn't there something a while ago about it being sick in this episode and that having something to do with the plot?

The Big Al
16th December 2005, 11:13 PM
*LMAO* Of course the walking fan service and talking Pokemon will make it all the MORE interesting.

V Faction
17th December 2005, 12:39 AM
How do you think she'll react to her first experience with p*ssy? ;D

*shot*
You still got it, Al.

To be honest, the last trio of episodes (which includes this [and yes, the Bonsly one]) have been rather meh. That stupid Ranger episode was a super turn off. And then the whole time travel episode and second Ranger episode which threw us through a loop.

I'll be glad to get back on track after this.

Torchic23
17th December 2005, 12:46 AM
That pic that serebii has of May and that yellowish light mikes the ep look really awsome! May deserves an ep. for herself. She's so cool

Alfonso
17th December 2005, 1:10 AM
You still got it, Al.

To be honest, the last trio of episodes (which includes this [and yes, the Bonsly one]) have been rather meh. That stupid Ranger episode was a super turn off. And then the whole time travel episode and second Ranger episode which threw us through a loop.

I'll be glad to get back on track after this.

Thanks V. It's good to be back after my month or so of rather inactiveness. Your new sig rocks, btw. You too have still got it.

Same goes for Gravy. XD

Agreed on the comments about the last few episodes... quite a lot of things, such as the episode with Celebi and the mentioning of Time Travel made quite a lot of people think that they were connected. But because the writers have run out of good ol' Origino Juice (Owned by the Claypass.inc) it didn't happen.

The Big Al
17th December 2005, 1:38 AM
Agreed on the comments about the last few episodes... quite a lot of things, such as the episode with Celebi and the mentioning of Time Travel made quite a lot of people think that they were connected. But because the writers have run out of good ol' Origino Juice (Owned by the Claypass.inc) it didn't happen.
We gave the writers far more credit than they deserve. We've set our expectations higher than the writers are either willing or able to reach. As I said in another thread, the great episodes were nice but we all knew thry couldn't last forever. Granted we're not back to the pit we were in around Saffron rehashed but we've leveled off to an average but unoriginal quality in plots.

PlusleMinun
17th December 2005, 3:14 AM
I just saw the preview and if those shining lights that come from May is the egg hatching, egg hatching just got super cool! (lol). An also, just because everyone always says "no, this isn't going to happen", im going to say the egg will hatch in the episode just to be a rebel.

Wandering Rhythmical Phoenix
17th December 2005, 3:30 AM
Two words for anyone who thinks that the egg slips them through time.
Celebi Egg.
Thats the only Time Travel Pokemon

Puffs
17th December 2005, 3:32 AM
The writers make an episode about Celebi, then a later one involving timetravel, but the two are completely separate fillers... WTF? I don't think even the writers are that dumb.

Gimme a week, I'll find some way to link this outrage to the JFK assassination. >>

-_-

Fizban
17th December 2005, 4:39 AM
Two words for anyone who thinks that the egg slips them through time.
Celebi Egg.
Thats the only Time Travel PokemonBaltoy was able to open up a time portal, for what its worth.

Pokeballs
17th December 2005, 10:17 AM
Baltoy was able to open up a time portal, for what its worth.

so do u think Baltoy might be in the egg...? I mean it's brown, the egg is brown... <_< i'm j/k plz don't kill me

hmmm i too thought the episode looked unreasonably nicely animated til i realized it was from the films XD otherwise idk what to expect from it really, hopefully some good Meowth and May interaction at least...

Black Marauder
17th December 2005, 3:12 PM
so do u think Baltoy might be in the egg...? I mean it's brown, the egg is brown... <_< i'm j/k plz don't kill me

hmmm i too thought the episode looked unreasonably nicely animated til i realized it was from the films XD otherwise idk what to expect from it really, hopefully some good Meowth and May interaction at least...

He's not implying Baltoy is in the egg, he's saying that not only Celebii can time travel. I can :p

Yamato-san
17th December 2005, 4:53 PM
To be fair though, we haven't really got much to go by anyway. I don't think a 7 second piece of preview footage would do any episode much justice.

I still think the fact that Zenigame will play a huge part has already killed this episode for me. Yeah, I read the synopsis beforehand, I knew Haruka would be looking for the damned thing when she fell into the time-slip.... but I didn't think it'd come with her. And, it's out of its Monster Ball all throughout the preview, leaving me to assume it'll be kept out for this entire episode (I can guess it's for no apparent reason, too, just like Kotoise in the Banebuu episodes, and Gomazou in the Elekid episode.... though, I can't complain about them). To add more salt to the wound, it's flaunting about its f*cking, cheaply-gained Ice Beam (and as I predicted, it looks as though that recoil flaw was indeed a cheap plot deviced used to beat Harley and never being brought up by the writers again.... look at the little bas**** in that balloon, firing it off with absolutely no problems now).

Gravy, as much as this makes you sad, this makes me friggin p*ssed.... hmm, I did have plans on making a comic to ease my sanity. A comic made with screenshot cut-outs, in which Zenigame gets its brain brutally eaten by some kind of famous savage called forth by Harley's Ariados (I'm thinking Hannibal Lecter, but he's just a cultured cannibal as opposed to a brutal savage, isn't he? Dunno, never exactly watched any of those movies). Harley took Ariados to the world of fantasy RPGs to learn how to summon in time for their revenge match, and of course, he wins the ribbon because, as brutal and unmerciful the display was, it was a good appeal specially fitted towards his style of cool, yet scarey things (that, and the judges are at his mercy to call off the summon XD).... nah, I know I'm probably gonna get bored with all the copy-pasting some ways into it (I don't have Photoshop, either, which would make it even more of a living hell). It is nice to think about, though.

[cough] Anyway, in spite of the Zenigame showcasing, this episode's not entirely lost. I'm hoping there'll be some good interaction between Haruka and Nyaasu (hmm... has anyone noticed that she just recently had a good moment to interact with another Rocket Dan member not too long ago?), and Nyaasu episodes are always great. That, and if the egg hatches (and it's not another baby I'll grow to absolutely dispise.... still hoping for that Eievui with potential of a rapid evolution), then it oughta make the episode seem worthwhile. Though, I am as confused as everyone else as to why the f*ck they're having this two episodes after Celebi. Though, there's a slight chance it may still be involved, possibly with the Pokemon Ranger's reappearance (wasn't Hinata's seiyuu scheduled to voice for two episodes? Whatever happened to that?), it seems very slim.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
17th December 2005, 5:10 PM
From all I could manage with this horrible preview window it seems like a pretty dark episode. This is great, Meowth and May. Now for Jessie. I don't think I saw an episode with her and someone from the group before.

MasterJedi
17th December 2005, 9:22 PM
Looks like it could be a decent episode. Hopefully May's egg will hatch but if it doesn't, oh well I can wait.

Adzieboy
17th December 2005, 10:10 PM
If it doesn't hatch here, it will most likely hatch in the next 2 episodes IMO.

Alfonso
17th December 2005, 10:40 PM
Not meaning to sound like a mini-mod, but seriously, can we NOT discuss the egg in this thread? There's plenty of other threads about it. ._.

*getting sick of the egg*

Hopefully it'll hatch into a nice breakfast for the gang to eat.

XDLord
17th December 2005, 11:02 PM
Hopefully......

Eevee or Zigcrapoon, they both suck.

Anyways, this sounds like a more interesting filler, apart from the fact they're gonna have a corny time travel method.

Puffs
17th December 2005, 11:52 PM
if this Egg doesn't hatch within the next 3 episodes, it probably won't hatch. It'll go the way of the GS Ball and the mysterious relationship between Brock & Ivy.

CyberCubed
17th December 2005, 11:55 PM
You honestly believe that they'll give May a Pokemon egg that will never hatch?

This isn't an item, it's a Pokemon. Of course it'll hatch.

Gaiash
18th December 2005, 12:05 AM
Not meaning to sound like a mini-mod, but seriously, can we NOT discuss the egg in this thread? There's plenty of other threads about it. ._.

*getting sick of the egg*

Hopefully it'll hatch into a nice breakfast for the gang to eat.
You've been looking at Gravvys sig too much havn't you XD.

On a serious note the egg talk is getting annoying, I KNOW the glowing seems to come from the egg but that doesn't mean that you should bring the egg guessing here.

Alfonso explained better I think

ghost master
18th December 2005, 12:09 AM
Hmmmm going on the crazy side. I'm going to predict that may is going to pick up the item that caused that man to disappear and she is going to store it in the incubator temporarily. Then when the egg starts to hatch the device is triggered and the time slip occurs.

Thriller
18th December 2005, 3:07 AM
I KNOW the glowing seems to come from the egg

I love how you seem so ABSOLUTLY sure, just like Bonsly being in that egg.

Light-Dragon_Ryu
18th December 2005, 4:37 AM
This is probably gonna be 4kids next banned episode..I swear if they do that I am so gonna go down to 4 kids HQ and kick their Butts.

Rex Kamex
18th December 2005, 5:02 AM
This is probably gonna be 4kids next banned episode..I swear if they do that I am so gonna go down to 4 kids HQ and kick their Butts.

You mean like the Volbeat/Illumise episode and the Love Petalburg Style episode, even the Wynaut episode? (Someone said it would get banned because of Meowth's weapon. XD)

Sheesh, 4Kids hasn't banned anything since the Jynx episode (since Japan banned the Barboach one).

CyberCubed
18th December 2005, 5:05 AM

I knew someone was going to say this.

No, just no. Seriously, give these "4kids is going to ban this episode" comspiracy theories a rest people. It's incredibly annoying. -_-

Heracross
18th December 2005, 5:10 AM
Why in the world would they ban this episode?

JazzJazz
18th December 2005, 5:15 AM
Why in the world would they ban this episode?

I must say that's got me pretty damn confused too... what is so explicit or offensive about this episode? God, it hasn't even aired to critique its content yet!

MagicBox
18th December 2005, 5:26 AM
Why in the world would they ban this episode?I think people are saying this because this episode has something to do with death. This is a stupid reason to say an episode will be banned. 4KIDS has acknowledged death before, people! They just prefer not to if they can find a way around it.

Look, we all know May and Meowth are going to save the man's life when they travel back to his time (this is Pokemon, remember?), so there is no reason for 4KIDS to dance around this man's death if it's prevented IN the episode. I hate to say this, but give 4KIDS some credit.

CyberCubed
18th December 2005, 5:44 AM
Just like some people thought the Groudon/Kyorge episodes would be "heavily edited" because of it's content, and when those episodes were dubbed 4kids didn't touch a thing.

The most retarded comment i heard was that the Wynaut episode is going to be banned because Meowth has that psuedo-laser gun thing in it. :rolleyes:

Yamato-san
18th December 2005, 11:32 AM
I thought I recall people were saying that episode would be banned for certain other reasons [cough]orgy[cough].

Anyway, yes, sad to say, but you need to give 4kids more credit than that. Pokemon is still their most well-handled dub, and unlike their other shows, they actually do refer to death, directly in some cases.

Gravy
18th December 2005, 4:06 PM
The most retarded comment i heard was that the Wynaut episode is going to be banned because Meowth has that psuedo-laser gun thing in it. :rolleyes:
I dunno. I think banning an episode because Meowth uses a fake moustache for one of his disguises was a top contender.
Because apparantly having a moustache like that makes pokémon pro-nazi or something.

The Big Al
18th December 2005, 4:12 PM
I dunno. I think banning an episode because Meowth uses a fake moustache for one of his disguises was a top contender.
Because apparantly having a moustache like that makes pokémon pro-nazi or something.
I never heard that one. Though I've heard plenty of Nazi jokes referring to that episode.

I remember I said Meowth's weapons looked like a Plasma Rifle from X-Com and some n00b said the episode was going to be banned because of it.

Back to this episode, why would it be banned. They have so many ways to sugar coat the fact the man died. Besides, if the egg does hatch, it'd be suicide to ban it.

CyberCubed
18th December 2005, 4:37 PM
I haven't seen that Richie Hoso, but doesn't that use apparently the same plot as this episode more or less? 4kids referenced death in that episode didn't they?

MaskedManAbsolkid
18th December 2005, 4:37 PM
Can some of you read? There's been a few posts about the topic of death here, including one about death occuring before http://forums.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=2465655&postcount=26

If you can't be bovvered to click the link (Catherine Tate joke appeared), it says that death's been in the anime before.

JazzJazz
18th December 2005, 7:26 PM
The episode wouldn't be banned because of death, would it? Even the smallest of kids know that people die for Christ's sake!

intergalactic platypus
18th December 2005, 7:51 PM
of course it wouldnt. weve had eps like the ninetales lady with the dead master or the ghost of maidens peak where she died waiting for her lover. they dont really try to pretend theres no death on the show or anything. they even dub added it for brocks mom

Jessie&James
19th December 2005, 11:02 PM
Apologizes for not posting these eariler.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/JessieAndJames/89e19bc2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/JessieAndJames/198100d3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/JessieAndJames/94fd1655.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/JessieAndJames/71dfba97.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/JessieAndJames/329ea187.jpg

We don't see much of a preview because we have scenes from the 6th movie as well as the 9th movie trailer.

Anyways, a May and Meowth episode should be very good, I love episodes when both teams work together.

I wonder how TR and Ash and the gang will react to one of their partners missing.

I also wonder where and how this time warp came to be, I was thinking Celebi episode would have some relation to this one, guess not though.

HoennMaster
20th December 2005, 2:42 AM
So people on other forums think May's Egg will hatch in this episode, but I personally doubt it

CyberCubed
20th December 2005, 3:29 AM
It's got to hatch sometime. And the beginning of the preview focuses right on May's egg, which is a dead giveaway. I think it's likely to hatch in this ep, as it's a May spotlight ep, thus the perfect time for it to hatch.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
20th December 2005, 3:36 AM
What if..

May gives her egg away or accidently leaves it in the past? A nice shock that would be. But yeah there's no way that could happen.

I doubt it will hatch anytime soon. Well atleast I don't think so. How many episodes did it take Togepi to hatch? It wasn't very short was it?

CyberCubed
20th December 2005, 3:38 AM
Togepi's egg hatched within 4 episodes of Ash finding it.

Meanwhile Phanpy's egg hatched within 3 episodes of Ash getting it.

May's egg on the other hand has taken 7 episodes so far, and still no hatching in sight. It's taken much longer for May's egg to hatch then either Phanpy or Togepi.

Heracross
20th December 2005, 5:02 AM
Well, it is rather appropriate that it takes so long, assuming it is indeed an Eievui. They take a friggin' long time to hatch in the games.

Fizban
20th December 2005, 7:43 AM
Also, Eevee's various evolutions are symbolic of the many possible futures. It is only logical that a baby Eevee would be a portal into the past.

But I kid.

For some reason, I keep reading this as "May Deliciously Travels Through Time". It will be good to see how May and Meowth interact together. If some of the people in the past freak out because Meowth could talk I'd be even happier.

Gaiash
20th December 2005, 11:40 AM
you know what would be amusing. If the time May travels to is classic Pokemon where she meets the original Ash and co, or at least spots them. But I doubt it would happen, yet it would be amusing.

phoenix12
20th December 2005, 4:22 PM
Originally Posted By CyberCubed
Togepi's egg hatched within 4 episodes of Ash finding it.

Meanwhile Phanpy's egg hatched within 3 episodes of Ash getting it.

May's egg on the other hand has taken 7 episodes so far, and still no hatching in sight. It's taken much longer for May's egg to hatch then either Phanpy or Togepi.

Larvitar also hatched the episode after Ash received its egg, so May's new Pokemon is already long overdue.

Adzieboy
20th December 2005, 7:22 PM
It does look like the light is coming form something in May's hand...could be the egg.

JazzJazz
20th December 2005, 7:26 PM
Well, it is rather appropriate that it takes so long, assuming it is indeed an Eievui. They take a friggin' long time to hatch in the games.

I doubt the rate of eggs hatching in the games would have the same effect in the anime. Anyway, May's egg will start to go green and festy soon... it'll crack and reveal and half-developed embryo.

Rex Kamex
20th December 2005, 9:39 PM
I completely forgot... for those of you who still doubt that 4Kids'll keep the episode due to death, don't forget about a little episode called "Holy Matrimony"...

Alfonso
20th December 2005, 9:41 PM
I completely forgot... for those of you who still doubt that 4Kids'll keep the episode due to death, don't forget about a little episode called "Holy Matrimony"...

You mean the episode where the parents didn't actually die?

The Richie Hoso would have been a much better example, considering that someone actually did die. And the plot of the episode almost perfectly resembles this.

Korobooshi Kojiro
20th December 2005, 9:44 PM
No one dies, Richie saw the "fiance" of Joy at the beginning before he altered the past, I'm pretty sure the boy was ran away because he was scared.

skarmachild
20th December 2005, 10:18 PM
Or how bout the "Legend of Thunder" "movie" (tripe), where TR actually mention SUICIDE!! WHOAMG.

Anyway, whens this scheduled to air in JP again?

Cheez Puf
21st December 2005, 1:11 AM
Anyway, whens this scheduled to air in JP again?

December 22.

Gravy
21st December 2005, 1:17 AM
No one dies, Richie saw the "fiance" of Joy at the beginning before he altered the past, I'm pretty sure the boy was ran away because he was scared.
Ahh, good point...

...y'know, except for the fact that Richie doesn't see Nick's future-self before Celebi sends him to the past.

Nintendo Theatre
21st December 2005, 2:44 AM
It's got to hatch sometime. And the beginning of the preview focuses right on May's egg, which is a dead giveaway. I think it's likely to hatch in this ep, as it's a May spotlight ep, thus the perfect time for it to hatch.

I agree, I believe that the egg will hatch and if all goes well and the writers decide to stop being stupid, we might just get a Wartortle...

I mean Squirtle is out of its ball that whole episode so it's as good a guess as any, am I right? Besides, it would make the ep. amazing for May. A new Pokemon and an evolved old friend.

All one can do is hope...

Alfonso
21st December 2005, 3:04 AM
I agree, I believe that the egg will hatch and if all goes well and the writers decide to stop being stupid, we might just get a Wartortle...

I mean Squirtle is out of its ball that whole episode so it's as good a guess as any, am I right? Besides, it would make the ep. amazing for May. A new Pokemon and an evolved old friend.

Uh, what?

After all the pathetic little Uber crap that Squirtle has been doing lately, the last thing it deserves is an evolution.

Not to mention, it's hardly an 'old friend'. Combusken, yes. But Squirtle? Hardly.

Kabuto
21st December 2005, 3:05 AM
I know ur new but you double posted Nintendo. Anyway I doubt Wartortle. Ashs Squirt never evolved and Mays Bulba never did either. Anyway so much speculation on 1 egg! It could be anything brown so theres no point in speculation. Just wait and see if it will hatch, then what it will hatch into. I'm just curious as to how May travels in time.

Infinite Master Sceptile
21st December 2005, 12:31 PM
I know ur new but you double posted Nintendo. Anyway I doubt Wartortle. Ashs Squirt never evolved and Mays Bulba never did either. Anyway so much speculation on 1 egg! It could be anything brown so theres no point in speculation. Just wait and see if it will hatch, then what it will hatch into. I'm just curious as to how May travels in time.
Yes, indeed, it could be anything brown named Eevee.

Nintendo Theatre
21st December 2005, 3:14 PM
Uh, what?

After all the pathetic little Uber crap that Squirtle has been doing lately, the last thing it deserves is an evolution.

Not to mention, it's hardly an 'old friend'. Combusken, yes. But Squirtle? Hardly.

You never know, this could be the perfect oppurtunity for an evo. and if it evolved it would shut up the people who are calling Squirtle a cry-baby and maybe they'd give it a little respect.

Gravy
21st December 2005, 3:57 PM
Hey! Maybe Bonsly will evolve in this episode?! It could happen, who knows!

DSRGBA
21st December 2005, 6:34 PM
i think bonsly is the only one (Brocks Bonsly, Mays Munchlax or James Manene) that even has a slight chance of ever evolving but it wont for a long while

The Big Al
21st December 2005, 6:45 PM
Hey! Maybe Bonsly will evolve in this episode?! It could happen, who knows!
You don't know how much I want that to happen. That thing is a pain in my ears.

JazzJazz
21st December 2005, 9:39 PM

Getting your hopes up results in disappointment, we've been let down too many times before. I doubt the writers would ever let your prediction comes to fruition, they're not that kind.

xXFallenButterflyXx
22nd December 2005, 3:41 AM
*laughs at the people who think this episode will be banned* But anyways, I doubt the yellow light came from the egg... when the Togepi egg and Phanpy egg hatched, the glow was white so the yellow might most likely came from the object that makes them travel through time.

Also, I don't think it's Team Rocket's balloon because the basket May, Meowth and Squirtle are in is a tan color while Team Rocket's is a green color. But we'll soon find out 'cause it airs in Japan tomorrow. =0

(My friend thinks the egg is going to hatch into a Teddiursa. 0_o)

~;173; Fallen

JazzJazz
22nd December 2005, 5:18 AM
But anyways, I doubt the yellow light came from the egg... when the Togepi egg and Phanpy egg hatched, the glow was white so the yellow might most likely came from the object that makes them travel through time.

The anime hasn't always had good consistency, so there's still a chance that the yellow light could be emanating from the egg.

Missingno. Master
22nd December 2005, 12:52 PM
OK, either....
THe flashy thingy in Mays hand is some sort of time-travel thingy, or...

THe extra effects mean it's hatching into a shiny Zigza- I mean, a shiny "mysterious Pokemon".

ZoraJolteon
22nd December 2005, 2:58 PM
Egg confirmed as Eevee by Pok&#233;ani. I believe a simple PWN'D is sufficient.