PDA

View Full Version : If You was in Ash's place

DeoxysTrainer
10th December 2005, 7:33 PM
What would You guys do if u were Ash?Any thing differernt,same,etc.

FlamingRuby
10th December 2005, 7:33 PM
I would use my star team rather than what he has...

DeoxysTrainer
10th December 2005, 7:34 PM
Right,I would have captured any legendary pokemon I saw

FlamingRuby
10th December 2005, 7:37 PM
You do realize that the Legendaries are like gods in the anime universe...humans may encounter them, but they are not to be caught.

DeoxysTrainer
10th December 2005, 7:38 PM
I know,but a guy can dream

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
10th December 2005, 7:47 PM
I know,but a guy can dream
yes they can, so wake up!

I would do a fresh start every region, even between hoenn and frontier, catch and raise a new team.

CyberCubed
10th December 2005, 7:49 PM
The first thing I would do is make a move on May. I would emotionally invest myself in her contests and her success. Girls like May don't come along very often, you wouldn't want to let someone like her get snatched up by someone else.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
10th December 2005, 7:50 PM
The first thing I would do is make a move on May. I would emotionally invest myself in her contests and her success. Girls like May don't come along very often, you wouldn't want to let someone like her get snatched up by someone else.
I forgot to say that...

plus I would enter in contests as well

Mew2
10th December 2005, 8:08 PM
I'd try to capture at least one pokemon of every type and train it to its full potential in addition to what Ash has now. I'd have a couple backups for those whose types I use more often in battles. I'd do this so that I had two full teams of six strong pokemon ready to go in the pokemon leagues. I'd also use my strongest in the leagues and rotate them throughout the league. If I was somehow forced, due to TR interference or something, to use weaker pokemon, I'd keep switching them out in battles to confuse the opponent and hopefully take out a couple of his/her pokemon before he/she could react.

The Big Al
10th December 2005, 9:14 PM
-I would have caught that blasted Spearow in episode one and replaced Pidgeotto with it.

Fearow > Pidgeot: I don't care what the writers think.

~Eon-Ryuu~
10th December 2005, 9:19 PM
First of all, I wouldn't carry something as retarded as a Pikachu around on my head and shoulders...

Heracross
10th December 2005, 9:22 PM
If I was Satoshi, I would take a lot more interest in the females around me. :P

And I would take Heracross out of retirement in Ookido's lab. wtf.

Chris
10th December 2005, 11:35 PM
That's the thing though, if you guys WERE Satoshi, you'd be doing the same thing due to having his brain. :P You'd STILL be oblivious to girls.

Onidrill = Pidgeot, IMO. >_> Both birds are fantastic.

poke_life
10th December 2005, 11:48 PM
I would actually friggin evolve pikachu, I would have one of every type of Pokemon and I would have made a move on Misty or May.

Chris
10th December 2005, 11:51 PM
I would actually friggin evolve pikachu, I would have one of every type of Pokemon and I would have made a move on Misty or May.
$10 says you wouldn't even be able to evolve it due to Pikachu blasting the hell out of you to stay away from it with a Thunder Stone. >_>

The Big Al
10th December 2005, 11:55 PM
I think the question is what we'd do in his place. Still, Ash was, is, and always will be the Ash we've come to love.

I wonder what Pikachu's opinion of evolution is right now? He may have days in which being a Raichu would have been a plus.

Heracross
10th December 2005, 11:55 PM
That's the thing though, if you guys WERE Satoshi, you'd be doing the same thing due to having his brain. :P You'd STILL be oblivious to girls.
Well that's no fun. XD

Factory Head Noland
11th December 2005, 12:20 AM
-I would have caught that blasted Spearow in episode one and replaced Pidgeotto with it.

Fearow > Pidgeot: I don't care what the writers think.

Still on about Fearow I see :p

I think Ash is doing well as he is at the moment. But If I were Ash I would battle a lot more than he does now. If you wanna be strong, you gotta battle!

I would rotate my team aswell, it's unfair at the Pokemon at Oak's Lab. They should have some actual screentime (I want Bayleef back! ;-; ) Grovyle could do with a spell at Oak's, it's not doing too well lately (well since Sootopolis actually...)

Angeling
11th December 2005, 12:36 AM

Took the words right out of my mouth. ;p

But uh, I don't know about being in Satoshi/Ash's place.. Dunno what I'd do as a guy. *cough* But perhaps somehow get an Eevee? ;p And evolve it to Espeon.. Fits him, especially with those Pokédex entries (at SPP).

Though in all honesty, he's fine as he is now. Good choices of Pokémon, and everyone loves him, whether it's obsessive or as a Pokémon fan. Maybe not everyone, but I think you get what I mean.

meganium5000
11th December 2005, 12:41 AM
I would use my dream team.

RaikouSpecialLover
11th December 2005, 12:48 AM
$10 says you wouldn't even be able to evolve it due to Pikachu blasting the hell out of you to stay away from it with a Thunder Stone. >_>
Since when do Pokemon have minds of their own?

If I were Ash, I'd defy EVERYTHING the anime has restricted, catching 00bers, evolving el Pika (my Flygon could beat the crap out of it w/ 1 EQ), and making moves on May and subtly dump Misty. I also would throw the "fresh start" stuff out the window, too.

The only reason I post stuff about questioning anime rules is that you guys do not give me enough info about the consequences. besides, if you did, I'd counter them w/ brainwashing, Pokemon overthrow by ways of Dinosaur Ressurection, etc.

CyberCubed
11th December 2005, 12:50 AM
Since when do Pokemon have minds of their own?

Since the show started?

Pokemon are living breathing animals with their own personalities and traits.

They're not mindless computer chips of data like the games portray them.

The Big Al
11th December 2005, 1:12 AM
Still, they haven't brought up Pikachu's evolution since the first Eevee episode. Seriously, are we to just assume that Pikachu will never change his mind. (Though, considering Pikachu has been made into a mascot, the writers won't ever bring up that possibilty.)

If was in Ash's place, I'd be more vocal with Pikachu about evolution. While I understand Pikachu wanted to sho up Surge's Raichu, he may change his mind. (With his training as a Pikachu, he'd make an awesome Raichu.)

G-unit fan12
11th December 2005, 2:07 AM
I would take more interest in the ladies they encounter

Chris
11th December 2005, 5:52 AM
Personally, while Pikachu's power would double as a Raichu, you gotta remember how much more manuverable a small Pikachu is compared to a medium-sized Raichu. I don't think Raichu's speed would be as great as it was as a Pikachu. >_> Same goes for Pikachu's flexability and manuvering with attacks such as Iron Tail or getting around bigger Pokémon and attacking them in vulnerable spots (I doubt a Raichu would've been able to slide under Inomu and blast it with electricity).

kennychan007
11th December 2005, 6:59 AM
If I were Ash, I would battle with people by using my Pokemons and typed MSN diary. Also I would talked with May, Brock and Misty.

Besides, I would save the pokemons that captured by terriost such as Team Rocket.

Raichao
11th December 2005, 7:11 AM
I'd Ditch Torkoal for a Ninetales and swellow for Flygon.

pikadon92
11th December 2005, 9:00 AM
If I were Ash, I would have wake up earlier and get a charmander instead. That way a whole plot would be altered.
BTW what is onidrill and inomull?

Heracross
11th December 2005, 9:13 AM
BTW what is onidrill and inomull?

Look up the Japanese/English names here (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=49084).
Well whaddya know about that? There's a helpful link right there. :o

Swifty
11th December 2005, 9:34 AM
$10 says you wouldn't even be able to evolve it due to Pikachu blasting the hell out of you to stay away from it with a Thunder Stone. >_>Pah. Too simple. Just throw the stone at him instead.

"WHERE'S YOUR MESSIAH NOW, PIKACHU? OR SHOULD I SAY... RAICHU?!"

Chris
11th December 2005, 10:41 AM
Pah. Too simple. Just throw the stone at him instead.

"WHERE'S YOUR MESSIAH NOW, PIKACHU? OR SHOULD I SAY... RAICHU?!"
;) You forget its speed and ability to EVADE. Not to mention, even if you did evolve it, do you you really think it'd stick around with you after forcing it to evolve for your own sake?

I'd Ditch Torkoal for a Ninetales and swellow for Flygon.
So..you'd ditch a STRONG and FAST bird for a BIG dragon fly? >_>; That's even assuming you're lucky enough to even GET ONE?

Apparently people seem to forget that the anime's not as easy as the games considering numeral levels don't exist and finding Pokémon of specific kinds aren't as easy. ;\ Especially since Dragon-types are very few in numbers in regards to owned ones.

And sorry folks, you'd have no chance in hell of ever catching your "dream team" of Legendaries since they're not pushovers like the games..well..maybe Jirachi and Serebii. >__>

pikadon92
11th December 2005, 10:51 AM
Well whaddya know about that? There's a helpful link right there. :o
IMO, Onidrill for fearow sound funny, probably because it reminds me of horn drill.
But I still cannot find inomull, even with the search button.
Now I know if I'm Ash, I should start naming ALL my pokemons! (by jap..........
)

The Big Al
11th December 2005, 1:35 PM
Fortunately, my "dream team" is legendary free but still kicks rear. The only issue is finding them and catching them. That's something no one addressed, if you want the poke's you've got to go find them and battle them to the point that they'l go semi-quietly into a Poke Ball.

I hate how fat they made Raichu. I liked Jesse GS's fan art of Raichu as a much thinner Pokemon. However, you're right, Pikachu can get into places Raichu can't.

Inomu is Piloswine. You spelled it wrong.

AdvanceX
11th December 2005, 4:05 PM
XD;; lmao! ...just to imagine that..lol..ouch..

V Faction
11th December 2005, 4:16 PM
Okay, I'm sorry, but am I the only who can't STAND the title of this thread any longer? "You was" ????

YOUR ENGLISH IS INTOLERABLE. THINGS THAT BRING YOU HAPPINESS WILL NOT OCCUR.

...But, to the matter at hand, if I was in Ash's place, I'd just go with different Pokemon. There's no point in trying to 'beat' the anime in its upside-down wackiness. And plus, it does contain some charm. Why, I'd go as far as to say that the only significant change that I would implement would be to digest no rice balls.

intergalactic platypus
11th December 2005, 4:31 PM
i would have used a very different team. im not gonna lie and say i would aim for dragonite or salamence, but maybe try slowbro or nidoking. those seem fairly attainable considering the fact theyre not horifically rare. also i would evolve more of my pokemon. the only two who have showed an active dislike for evolution are bulbasaur and pikachu, so it wouldnt hurt to evolve more of them

Chris
11th December 2005, 6:52 PM
I thought Murgatroyd's explained this over and over again. Making evolvution isn't a verb unless you're refering to stone evolution. You can't just have a Pokémon evolve like in the games. Evolution is something that occurs on the Pokémon's part. Not the human's. Stones can be done by humans, however, the Pokémon will also have the choice to evolve or not.

King Ghidora
12th December 2005, 12:55 AM
If I were Satoshi, I would make a disclaimer casting away all Pokeshipping and Advanceshipping hints. >8D

Yay, Disclaimers!

CyberCubed
12th December 2005, 12:56 AM
So you're saying you wouldn't want to get laid? Bwuh?

Chaka27
12th December 2005, 1:02 AM
If I were Satoshi, I would make a disclaimer casting away all Pokeshipping and Advanceshipping hints. >8D

Yay, Disclaimers!

LAME!!!! Id ask out may, Catch a luvdisc and see who My (ash's) soulmate is.

King Ghidora
12th December 2005, 1:39 AM
So you're saying you wouldn't want to get laid? Bwuh?

I said Advance and Pokeshipping, Not ALL shipping. XD

Dunno why, But I have no True interest in those women.

Satoshi
12th December 2005, 1:55 AM
If I were Satoshi... o_O ... If I were Ash, then I would do the opposite of what most people here are going to do. I will NOT get rid of Pikachu, catch a legendary, or evolve my Pokemon against their will. I'd be exactly the same as he is now....

Although, I would try to at least watch five minutes of sex education? :)

intergalactic platypus
12th December 2005, 11:18 PM
i honestly wouldnt put the moves on misty or may. dating close friends can be screwy and all, so although i do believe in shipping i wouldnt do it myself. the only thing i would change is a few better but still reasonable pokemon

Swifty
13th December 2005, 7:33 AM
;) You forget its speed and ability to EVADE. Not to mention, even if you did evolve it, do you you really think it'd stick around with you after forcing it to evolve for your own sake?
I forgot to mention that I'd only try to evolve Pikachu just to spite it. ;)

stu770
13th December 2005, 7:58 AM
i would not have given away that primeape he had. plus i would try to catch as many pokemon as i can and not keep that stupid pikachu, or at least evolve it into a raichu.

Jigsaw
13th December 2005, 8:05 AM
I would try to lift may and misty off the ground

Chris
13th December 2005, 9:01 AM
i would not have given away that primeape he had. plus i would try to catch as many pokemon as i can and not keep that stupid pikachu, or at least evolve it into a raichu.
Read previous posts to show how stupid that logic is.

Yamato-san
13th December 2005, 12:29 PM
I'd rotate my team more often, like Shigeru does. Not just for training purposes of course, considering Satoshi's more caring towards his Pokemon than that. It's also to spend time with all my Pokemon. I mean, surely, several of his Pokemon are rather left out almost never getting a chance to participate in battles (the "catch-and-Oaks", Cotoise, Yorunozuku), hardly ever seeing their beloved trainer (Bayleaf)... and seeing as he's off that fresh start now, he can very well do that.

Although, I would try to at least watch five minutes of sex education? :)

I second that..... at first, I thought his acting oblivious to love was just something dub-added and/or something stretched out of proportions by the fanbase (I was thinking he just knew about as much of love and romance as an average ten-year old Japanese boy would... if he was really that naive, he wouldn't have embarassedly screamed during that incident at the hot spring in front of the Guren Gym. Though, I knew he never delved into it too much since he's more enthusiastic about Pokemon than anything, and I can't blame him). Then I starting watching the Japanese version.... from what I understand of the language, Haruka actually did tell Satoshi he'll understand what love is someday in the episode "Bulbeat and Illumize! The Dance of Love!", just as she did in the dub.... my god, he actually had to be told that by someone 2-4 years younger than him.

Jesse GS the II
13th December 2005, 2:14 PM
If I were Satoshi, I'd:

- Rotate my team more frequently, and not single out one Pokémon over the others.
- During the Kanto years, assess my gym battles so I can use a more logical strategy (fewer pity badges that way)
- Maintain stronger ties to my friends. Aside from the hundreds of characters he's promised to meet again someday and then never talked to again, you'd think he'd stay in some slightly closer contact with Kasumi, someone who traveled with him for five years.

High Commander Solomon
13th December 2005, 6:57 PM
I think I'd probably be exceptionally lazy. It's a non-capitalist system where trainers get subsidized seemingly regardless of their skill level. Why accomplish anything?

Shadow phoenix
16th December 2005, 3:02 PM

Onidrill = Pidgeot, IMO. >_> Both birds are fantastic.
Satoshi i think he's too young to notice girls he's 10 not 14 but any way i would keep charizard and tododile and try to go out with haruka (may) and wouldn't let masato (max) come along with me

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~
25th December 2005, 7:20 PM
if i were ash:

i'd stop trying to shock team rocket when they have electric proof machines.

Poliwhirl
25th December 2005, 7:50 PM
i would release pikachu and get my ultimate team of

1.Charizard
2.Snorlax
3.Kingler
4.Donphan
5.Herocross
6. Glalie

The Big Al
25th December 2005, 8:15 PM
He tried releasing Pikachu, remember. Besides, it'd be corporate suicide to get rid of the mascot of Pokemon.

cold_katanagirl
25th December 2005, 9:31 PM
If I were actually IN Ash's place, does this mean I'm literally Ash or what?

If I were literally in a dude's body, I'd get a sex change, turn myself into Ashley, catch a Clefairy, and take over the world with it because I can.

... No I'm just being stupid.

I'd basically have a different team and different companions. Especially in Kanto, because I would have shot Misty out of frustration. And Team Rocket when I saw them for the tenth time, probably Brock when he came back in Johto. I'd have hot buddies... Yeah. :/

EagleFox
25th December 2005, 10:37 PM
If I were Ash I probably would of jumped off a cliff. Joking. Actually, I would try to get a somewhat better team.

Magus
25th December 2005, 11:49 PM
He tried releasing Pikachu, remember. Besides, it'd be corporate suicide to get rid of the mascot of Pokemon.
Though if you were Ash, that would mean Ash is a real person with his own free will, not just a character in a TV show who can only do what the writers and animators decide. Fan reaction wouldn't be an issue.

TPMX
25th December 2005, 11:53 PM
If I were Ash, I would get a better freakin' team (Pikachu is good, I'll keep him). I would ask May out (sweet), and I would stop being so damn dense.

Satoshi
25th December 2005, 11:58 PM
Though if you were Ash, that would mean Ash is a real person with his own free will, not just a character in a TV show who can only do what the writers and animators decide. Fan reaction wouldn't be an issue.
Not really, it could also be the other way around. That would mean that if you were Ash, then YOU'D be a character in a TV show, and can only do what the writers decide.

The Original Celebi
26th December 2005, 12:01 AM
Same here buddy

TPMX
26th December 2005, 1:45 AM
If I were Ash, I would get a better freakin' team (Pikachu is good, I'll keep him). I would ask May out (sweet), and I would stop being so damn dense.

Let me elaborate. I was in a rush.

1. I would get a much better team than usual, but keeping it sane. Gardevoir, Swampert, Altaria, Pikachu, and Arcanine. Why no 6th? Because.

2. I'd try and go out with May. She's nice, sweet, cute, and she's hot. You'll never see that in real life.

3. I stand by the last one.

Kabuto
26th December 2005, 4:54 AM
Make sure Team Rocket never annoys me ever again (don't care if I had to kill them!). Except Wobbufet he can stay.

Put Heracross on my team.

Catch a dragon type like Salamence.

Travel alone and focus primarily on my goal.

Chris
26th December 2005, 5:02 AM
Silly kids. You should know well enough that the Rocket Gang can't be killed. They've been shocked, burned, have been in explosions, have fallen hundred of feet in the air and have NOT died or come close to it.

Also may I remind you that Dragon-type Pokémon are elusive and difficult to come across and very few trainers actually own one? ;\

Kabuto
26th December 2005, 5:04 AM
Silly kids. You should know well enough that the Rocket Gang can't be killed. They've been shocked, burned, have been in explosions, have fallen hundred of feet in the air and have NOT died or come close to it.

Also may I remind you that Dragon-type Pokémon are elusive and difficult to come across and very few trainers actually own one? ;\

Have they ever been shot in the head with a gun 600 times? (ok I'm joking) But I'd like to see them to survive that. Remember no1 is immortal.

Also dragon types are rare but Ash has seen plenty before. I'd also catch legends, but it would throw the world off balance.

Sika
26th December 2005, 5:14 AM
^Maybe Ash could have caught the flygon from the 6th movie, i mean, he befriended with him; but hey, the world ain´t fair (eat you if you let it..).

And that´s why i´d do exactly what Ash had done, the singularity of his decisions had made his tale very special to us. And yes, he had done a LOT of mistakes.

Chris
26th December 2005, 5:15 AM
..Dude, if they can freakin' survive being dropped hundreds of feet from the air and EXPLOSIONS INSIDE OF MECHS, they are indeed immortal. Cartoon style.

Seen plenty? Satoshi's only seen them once in a while.

And you couldn't catch most of the legendary ones even if it didn't throw the world off balance. I highly doubt any of us would be able to manage such a feat..unless it was against Serebii. They're legendary Pokémon for a reason.

Bliksem
26th December 2005, 5:16 AM
However, Ash didn't seem to make that much of an effort to catch a single Trapinch/Vibrava when he was *surrounded* by them. Nor Aron/Lairon. There are plenty of Pokemon that Ash let slip by that I wouldn't have. So, if I were Ash, I'd do the following.

1) I'd arrange my team so that types were represented appropriately.
-Pikachu
-Grovyle/Bulbasaur (His Bulbasaur is godly)
-Kingler/Corphish
-Donphan (If you haven't looked at Ash's bio already)
-Torkoal/Snorlax/Tauros
-Heracross

2) I wouldn't let Pokemon slip through my fingers.
-Relicanth
-Vibrava
-Diglett
-Aron
-Countless others

3) I'd find out exactly why Team Rocket keeps following me and kindly explaining that if they go SOMEWHERE ELSE, their odds of success would be exponentially greater.

4) Tell Brock to grow up.

5) Announce my disinterest in May.

6) Actually learn my lessons so that a little kid doesn't correct me.

7) Show a little well-placed arrogance. ((Ash's arrogance is all screwed up))

8) Start becoming *close* friends with certain legendaries. Heck, he was in a PERFECT position to catch plenty of them. The Legendary birds knocked themselves out. Latios and Latias were just pathetically weak (and that wouldn't have been too good anyways), and I'm sure he could've caught himself Rayquaza had he been smart...

I'm joking about eight, partially, but anyways. Of course, the show wouldn't be any fun if he just won all the time. It's probably why they made him somewhat incompetent. But at least he's Iron Tailing Rock/Ground types instead of Thunderbolting them. Well... we'd expect that, but encounters with countless Steelix have proven otherwise.

Kabuto
26th December 2005, 5:21 AM
I'd find out exactly why Team Rocket keeps following me and kindly explaining that if they go SOMEWHERE ELSE, their odds of success would be exponentially greater.

And Ash hasn't? TR would never listen to reason.

Announce my disinterest in May.

Uhhh......Why would you do that?

Tell Brock to grow up.

The Brock man is cool. And the older you are, the more perverted!

Actually learn my lessons so that a little kid doesn't correct me.

Better idea! Abandon Max in a spooky forest. And who says Ash never learns?

Chris
26th December 2005, 5:28 AM
2) I wouldn't let Pokemon slip through my fingers.
-Relicanth
-Vibrava
-Diglett
-Aron
-Countless others
Let's see. Glanth's only usefullness would be in the water. Satoshi's rarely nearby water. Thus nulling it's use and only making it fine for sending to Orchid. There were tons of Vibrava, yes. But would you really be willing to randomly catch one of them and face the possibility of having to either run from or fight a ton of Vibrava? I sure as hell wouldn't. Digda's also very fast and was needed for the field where the dam was attempted to being built. Satoshi's Pokémon, including Shigeru's, didn't want to battle them or even come out. You wouldn't have better luck either.

Kokodora's in the same field as Vibrava. Especially worse when one is stuck in a maze of a cave.

3) I'd find out exactly why Team Rocket keeps following me and kindly explaining that if they go SOMEWHERE ELSE, their odds of success would be exponentially greater.
You mean you don't know? They're trying to steal any Pokémon they come across and Pikachu. Following Satoshi and the group is actually a smart move. They've come across some very nice Pokémon. Unfortunately, they're not smart or strong enough to successfully steal them.

4) Tell Brock to grow up.
Cause he's girl crazy? At least the man's not after the ladies just to get in their pants. o_O

5) Announce my disinterest in May.
Good for you.

7) Show a little well-placed arrogance. ((Ash's arrogance is all screwed up))
Uh, Satoshi rarely shows arrogance anymore. o_O

8) Start becoming *close* friends with certain legendaries. Heck, he was in a PERFECT position to catch plenty of them. The Legendary birds knocked themselves out. Latios and Latias were just pathetically weak (and that wouldn't have been too good anyways), and I'm sure he could've caught himself Rayquaza had he been smart...
Are you insane? The main reason why the birds needed to be stopped to begin with was because they threw nature out of balance. Or did you miss when at least one of them was detained? Latios and Latias were ambushed and Latios was trying to protect Latias at the same time while being attacked by two Pokémon. Latios sure as hell wouldn't allow some kid to take away his sister. Besides, we don't even know if anything beyond the first two movies actually even fell into place of the actual TV storyline.

Dean
26th December 2005, 5:29 AM
I would use his Kingler, Swellow, Glalie, Tauros, Snorlax, and Corphish.

Chris
26th December 2005, 5:32 AM
Quite an easy target with Electric and Fighting-types, you are. ;)

Sika
26th December 2005, 5:34 AM
You mean you don't know? They're trying to steal any Pokémon they come across and Pikachu. Following Satoshi and the group is actually a smart move. They've come across some very nice Pokémon. Unfortunately, they're not smart or strong enough to successfully steal them.

You have to remember that they used to be succesful thieves before become obsessed by a teeny tiny (superpowerful) Pikachu. They used to be better than Butch and Cassidy -at least- before meeting the twerp.

Chris
26th December 2005, 5:37 AM
That storyline was all messed up when we're introduced to the Hoso episode involving how they started in the Rocket Gang. ;\ They were always failures.

Kabuto
26th December 2005, 5:37 AM
You have to remember that they used to be succesful thieves before become obsessed by a teeny tiny (superpowerful) Pikachu. They used to be better than Butch and Cassidy -at least- before meeting the twerp.

No I doubt they were. They were just highly dangerous, but they probably failed back then also. And if they can't steal a Pokemon now, how were they able to back then?

Sika
26th December 2005, 5:41 AM
^In that case, too sad for them and too bad they are going to be forever in the show.

Bliksem
26th December 2005, 6:08 AM
No I doubt they were. They were just highly dangerous, but they probably failed back then also. And if they can't steal a Pokemon now, how were they able to back then?
When a person fails often, they eventually grow used to failing. Team Rocket has progressed to the point where if they actually succeed, they're so stunned that they make a mistake or overlook something. Now, if you look at some of their plans, had Ash & company not been there, they would've succeeded plenty of times.

Are you insane? The main reason why the birds needed to be stopped to begin with was because they threw nature out of balance. Or did you miss when at least one of them was detained? Latios and Latias were ambushed and Latios was trying to protect Latias at the same time while being attacked by two Pokémon. Latios sure as hell wouldn't allow some kid to take away his sister. Besides, we don't even know if anything beyond the first two movies actually even fell into place of the actual TV storyline.
I did say that I was joking about number eight. At any rate, Ash can catch a Pokemon for the sake of capturing it, though he ends up giving those away (Beedrill comes to mind). It wouldn't matter if he could use it or not, just that he had it. However, I'm not so certain that other Pokemon would have reacted in a swarm fashion. After all, it's happened before. Pokemon have been caught in large swarms without paying attention to the other members.

Sika
26th December 2005, 6:20 AM
^Like 30 Tauros...

And i still think TR would have been a succesful pair if they wouldn´t have met the twerp.

Judai Yuki
26th December 2005, 6:32 AM
I would try to hit on May but wouldnt work becuz of his brain lol

Chris
26th December 2005, 6:36 AM
^Like 30 Tauros...
Unlike the Kentauros, all of the other Pokémon swarmed together after being aware of either an attack or invasion of their space. Considering they're all very aware of what's going on, they wouldn't be too happy. The Kentauros were simply stampeding left and right, minding their own business.

And i still think TR would have been a succesful pair if they wouldn´t have met the twerp.
Theory debunked after Hoso special aired.

Judai Yuki
26th December 2005, 6:39 AM
Unlike the Kentauros, all of the other Pokémon swarmed together after being aware of either an attack or invasion of their space. Considering they're all very aware of what's going on, they wouldn't be too happy. The Kentauros were simply stampeding left and right, minding their own business.

Theory debunked after Hoso special aired.
How was it debunked?I didnt see anything not aired in america

Chris
26th December 2005, 6:51 AM
Just because it didn't air in the US yet doesn't mean it didn't happen. e_e

Yamato-san
26th December 2005, 8:02 AM
And you couldn't catch most of the legendary ones even if it didn't throw the world off balance. I highly doubt any of us would be able to manage such a feat..unless it was against Serebii. They're legendary Pokémon for a reason.

Don't forget Jirachi. How sad.... it requires a thousand years to rest up its energy, constantly getting sleepy for the one week it is awake, and for what? A pathetic Pokemon that's capable of being held in place by a Samayouru's Psychic, and needs to sleep after doing something as simple as teleporting a few items over not too great of a distance. And what's its best power? Absorbing a comet.... in other words, gaining power it originally doesn't have from a different energy source entirely. Does that really sound like it'd require a thousand years of rest to you? The anime has portrayed several Pokemon to be much better than that, and non-legendary as well. Not to say I hate Jirachi, but.... the anime could've portrayed it to not be so friggin limited as it is.

Anyway, another thing I'd do if I were Satoshi..... if I could break the 4th wall, I would b**** to the writers about constantly putting me in deus ex machina situations. I realize I apparently have a story that's interesting enough to be worth being followed by viewers, but really, I could do it in a manner that's more fair to other trainers, using my own mind and skills instead of dumb luck. Satoshi's great nowadays, but back in Kantou, things were majorly screwed up. The company of two gym leaders..... gym leaders! They're rather important figures in the Pokemon world, that no ordinary trainer should have the pleasure of knowing personally, let alone travelling with. Then there's encountering three supposedly rare starters, apparently rather powerful because they were abandoned by a previous trainer, and encountering them consecutively, getting far in the league with pretty much no training whatsoever (Crab evolving after one battle, anybody?), etc. Also, it seems like back then, aside from the lucky breaks, they were pulling this "if you love your Pokemon enough, you can accomplish anything" line that's pretty much pulled straight from the ending of Red/Green version.... some of it makes sense (Pikachu absorbs a lightning bolt to wipe out a flock of Onisuzume coming after the trainer guarding it), but other times.... bleh. Besides, the anime's acting as if I'm one of the few people on earth who actually loves his Pokemon enough.

Chris
26th December 2005, 8:44 AM
Don't forget Jirachi.
Disregarded Jirachi because of the very fact that it comes only every 1,000 years. :P The likelyhood of anyone even finding it from this group is slim to none.

Yamato-san
26th December 2005, 9:47 AM
I don't know..... you could always just find its cocoon like Butler did, and knowing Rocket Dan, they probably have some sort of technology that would force it to wake up early (this is assuming you're involved in Rocket Dan or steal ideas from them or whatever). But either way, I'd say it's not worth it for such a Pokemon.

Kabuto
26th December 2005, 2:48 PM
Screw Jirachi and catch Celebi. It wouldn't cause the world to go off balance if he did.

Kitori_theTeamAquaSuicune
4th January 2006, 1:30 AM
I would catch the legendary pokemon and join Team Magma.
(and if I was a girl I would start flirting with the boss, Matsubusa <3)

kennychan007
4th January 2006, 2:35 PM
I may catch some pokemons, practise with some people. Also I will some items for Pokemon.

Besides, I want to see and try to catch the legendary pokemons like Lugia and , Enti ,Kyroge, etc.

I will make Ash, Brock, Misty, Jessie, James, May, Max, Gary and Dr. Oak as friends. Kakaka!

Some Strong Pokemons, I would kill them by Pokemons and my weapons(Just like CS) or use Harry Potter 's magic to change them all.

icy cyndaquil
5th January 2006, 1:05 PM
What you is doing is not accuarate, WHat Ash should do is to catch some pretty avaerage pokemon and trainer them up to be strong. Like to catch a little Nidoran male, and train it until it evolve into a Nidorino, and give it a moonstone to make it into Nidoking. But with Ash, he probally do not know what to do with that much hard strength.

AdvancedK9
6th January 2006, 4:55 AM
if i were ash id kiss may not that i like her but that ash not kissing may is getting on my nerves!!!and also trow misty to the deepest part of hell!!;249-d;

DeoxysTrainer
7th January 2006, 1:51 AM
I would kill,not release,but kill my pokemon and start a new team,(Except Treecko)

Yamato-san
7th January 2006, 12:31 PM
I would kill,not release,but kill my pokemon and start a new team,(Except Treecko)

just wondering but... look in a mirror right now. Do you have a white, powdery substance underneath your nose?

Seriously, though, the team he has right now, both in the current point of the dub and the current Japanese episodes, is the best he's had since the series started. I mean, are you completely oblivious of the evolved powerhouses he has right now? He doesn't have a team full of cute plushies like he did back in Kantou or Jouto. This time, his Pokemon are evolving into big and tough badasses, and the ones that don't (like Pikachu and Heigani) manage to handle themselves pretty well (although, Cotoise is an one-form Pokemon anyway, and the poor guy performs horribly, making it an exception). The team's only gonna get even more stronger later on, with the dub getting closer to Satoshi getting an Onigohri, and the Japanese version is very likely to have Juptor evolving into a Jukain in a few episodes. So I don't know where you get off saying that his team sucks and you'd actually wanna kill all his Pokemon, especially in comparison to the teams he's had in the past.

RedJirachi
12th January 2006, 3:15 AM
You do realize that the Legendaries are like gods in the anime universe...humans may encounter them, but they are not to be caught.
Noland had one!Also check the Noland Bio

jolteonjak
12th January 2006, 4:44 AM
Noland befriended Articuno...he doesn't own it.

If I were Ash...I'd probably go back to Kanto and do those gyms over again to see if I could actually earn badges. I would have kept Primape. Heracross, Glalie, and teh Muk would be permanent additions to my team. I would certainly put the moves on Adan and Noland.

Eventually I'd open a Multi-type Gym and see what walks in..

b-i-gaskme
12th January 2006, 5:25 AM
I would have kept pidgeot. He lets everything good go. Also I would catch every pokemon I encounter that isn't owned, no matter what (I'm Talking about that Fearow).

I would have also caught that annoying jigglypuff and kept it at oaks

Tamed Raikou
12th January 2006, 7:35 AM
-Kept Pidgeot and Lapras for Traveling Accomidations
-Kept Primeape to win Pokemon fights to earn profit (of course the money would be split even)
-Kept Charizard for the Obvious
-Do Misty
-Do May
-Do Alexa and Madison
-Do Alice
-Do Areal
-Do Arisa
-Do Asumi
-Do Audrey & Catherine
-Do Ayane in the shower
-Do Cassandra
-Do Cherrie in her house
-Do Daisy, Violet and Lily (Quadsome)
-Do Duplica on her parent's bed
-Do Flannery (again and again and again and again...and again)
-Do Hitomi (cyber style)
-Do Prof. Ivy (to get extra credit for her class)
-Do Janet
-Do Jasmine
-Do Jeanette Fisher
-Do officer Jenny (for bribery)
-Do Nurse Joy (come on...she's a nurse)
-Do Kuile
-Do Katrina
-Do Kay (On Stage)
-Do The Kimono Sisters (all five of them)
-Do Lakoko
-Do Lara (and ride her like a rapidash)
-Do Lily
-Do Lisa
-Do Liza
-Do Madelyn
-Do Mariah (Even if she can't sing)
-Do Marina (In a marina)
-Do Melanie
-Do Mika (if I was 5)
-Do Naomi
-Do Neesha
-Do Rochelle
-Do Sakura (I don't care how old she is)
-Do Suzie
-Do Tammy
-Do Trinity
-Do Trixie (the name just says "do me")
-Do Vivi Winstrate (and not just for the money)
-Do Yoko (even if it met splitting up from my group-What Yoko Ono did to the Beatles)

setokaibarocket
12th January 2006, 12:17 PM
-Kept Pidgeot and Lapras for Traveling Accomidations
-Kept Primeape to win Pokemon fights to earn profit (of course the money would be split even)
-Kept Charizard for the Obvious
-Do Misty
-Do May
-Do Alexa and Madison
-Do Alice
-Do Areal
-Do Arisa
-Do Asumi
-Do Audrey & Catherine
-Do Ayane in the shower
-Do Cassandra
-Do Cherrie in her house
-Do Daisy, Violet and Lily (Quadsome)
-Do Duplica on her parent's bed
-Do Flannery (again and again and again and again...and again)
-Do Hitomi (cyber style)
-Do Prof. Ivy (to get extra credit for her class)
-Do Janet
-Do Jasmine
-Do Jeanette Fisher
-Do officer Jenny (for bribery)
-Do Nurse Joy (come on...she's a nurse)
-Do Kuile
-Do Katrina
-Do Kay (On Stage)
-Do The Kimono Sisters (all five of them)
-Do Lakoko
-Do Lara (and ride her like a rapidash)
-Do Lily
-Do Lisa
-Do Liza
-Do Madelyn
-Do Mariah (Even if she can't sing)
-Do Marina (In a marina)
-Do Melanie
-Do Mika (if I was 5)
-Do Naomi
-Do Neesha
-Do Rochelle
-Do Sakura (I don't care how old she is)
-Do Suzie
-Do Tammy
-Do Trinity
-Do Trixie (the name just says "do me")
-Do Vivi Winstrate (and not just for the money)
-Do Yoko (even if it met splitting up from my group-What Yoko Ono did to the Beatles)
I second that! :D

Sharpshooter
12th January 2006, 2:18 PM
Probably like others have said simply catch more pok&#233;mon. Not like it's extremely important, but's it's part of being what a trainer is, at least as far as the games are concerned. It was something also that Gary used to have bagging rights over between the two, catching 200 at the end of Kanto if I remember rightly.

DeoxysTrainer
12th January 2006, 8:29 PM
Gary knew wat he was doin but ash always releases a pokemon or is to poor to buy pokeballs

b-i-gaskme
12th January 2006, 8:35 PM
do you have to buy pokeballs? I thought I've never seen him in a pokemart buying anything other than food.

Sushi
12th January 2006, 9:09 PM
Gary knew wat he was doin but ash always used to release a pokemon
Fixed. Though when I think about it, even this answer is not correct. Check the Anime FAQs.

or is to poor to buy pokeballs
If I remember correctly, he always had an empty Pokéball ready to hand whenever he tried to capture a Pokémon. Every episode is only like 25 minutes long, do you really think they have enough time to shove unimportant scenes in like buying Pokéballs? Things like phone calls and shopping mostly occur off-screen.

Kyle Delta
12th January 2006, 9:11 PM
from your point thats creepy

DeoxysTrainer
12th January 2006, 9:16 PM
.................. I would make a move on misty instead

b-i-gaskme
12th January 2006, 10:17 PM
I think in the anime, he can just use a pokeball that has a pokemon in it already, and if you catch a pokemon the one in the ball is sent to oaks, isn't that how he got krabby?

Seijiro Mafuné
13th January 2006, 1:45 PM
No... he had an extra Pok&#233;ball since he had captured FIVE Pok&#233;mon prior to that, and Pikachu is off the ball 24/7.

Anyway, I'd probably do a lot the same... except that as soon as I got to a new region, I'd find the closest computer and look for information on the Gym Leaders, spoilers be danged. At the very least, I'll have my priorities straightened in case I happen to find a powerful Pok&#233;mon which I know can help me later, which in Ash's case inevitably happens.

I'd probably see if I can't ask people for cooking books, even if it's to drop it on my companions. Hey, you can't live on an empty stomach, can you?

Oh, and I am pretty sure everyone here agrees that, no matter who takes Ash's place, there's a better chance of said person not being... um... I'm not remembering the word right now, but the point is that you'd probably make a strategy instead of rushly using the same move over and over, without a pause.

MarcmenX
16th January 2006, 9:30 PM
if I was Ash... okay...

SCREW MAY AND MISTY! I'M CHASING AFTER LORELEI!!! WHOOOOOOOOO!!

kidding, lol... But I'd maybe most likely be the same as him, but only I'd keep snorlax with me at all times, since Snorlax is my favorite pokemon ever... oh, plus I'd have a Jynx and a Sharpedo too (Not with me at all times of course, I'd exchange them with pokemon in the lab every now and then)

I'd still have pikachu with me always though... however, I think i'd be a bad trainer if I were ash, since I'm lazy, stupid, fat, and a coward >.> I'd stand no chance against team rocket... Ash is pretty much better off as ash...

However, if I were Ash I would be able to see girls like May every now and then... so yeah, maybe it would not be too bad

ハルカ and ゴンベ
16th January 2006, 10:08 PM
Lets just say that if I was in Satoshi's Place...I would have booted Pikachu out the window by now...=/ jk.

Anyways I would have things pretty much the same except i'd have Hinoarashi in the party.

RedJirachi
17th January 2006, 10:05 PM
But Aaron had caught a Rukario,which is a ledgendary

Magus
18th January 2006, 3:28 AM
SCREW MAY AND MISTY! I'M CHASING AFTER LORELEI!!! WHOOOOOOOOO!!
Then you/Ash would have a better understanding of how Brock feels. :D

High Commander Solomon
18th January 2006, 3:54 PM
I'd goof off and do nothing at all. I'm not very motivated.

b-i-gaskme
18th January 2006, 10:45 PM
I'd turn around and steal Team rocket's pokemon! XD

RedJirachi
24th January 2006, 7:56 PM
Umm...I gots nothing

Chris
24th January 2006, 7:59 PM
Umm...I gots nothing
Then don't post. ¬¬

SBaby
24th January 2006, 10:01 PM
I'd probably try to teach my Pokemon how to play video games. It'd be funny seeing Pikachu getting mad at Mario for walking off the edge of a platform.

Alphonse Elric
4th February 2006, 8:43 AM
Go YOU! I would've done the exact same thing if I was Ash. First off, get her drunk... then make her fall asleep... then...I'M JUST KIDDING, DUDES!;munchlax;

Clockwork Ninja
4th February 2006, 8:46 AM
If I was Ash... I would'nt release mt pkmn! I swear, he ditches everything! Butterfree, Charizard, Pidgeot etc.

Dodrio
4th February 2006, 5:27 PM
Well, Pikachu needs a nickname, Charizard needs to come back. Get back bulbasuar, get heracross, tauros, snorlax, KINGLER!!!, and basically stop negelecting my old pokemon.