PDA

View Full Version : Request from the RMTers - Part I

Fox
10th December 2005, 9:40 PM
Been putting off a project for this section for a while, and I had some free time today along with more coming up. Anyway, this is what I need from you guys. Plain and simple. If you could list down as many terms that are commonly or uncommonly used when rating/making teams, that'd be much appreciated.

Anywhere from 'BOAH' to 'gross' to 'CB-mence'. Essentially, the 'slang' for any Items/Pokemon/combos, and what they mean. Tearms such as 'Hax' and whatnot are also welcome. This is for a guide I'm gonna try to work on for newbies in an attempt to lessen your hastles, and the number of stickies here.

Edit: I haven't had much activity here due to the fact that I have other projects to up-keep and work on, along with other sections that I am alone in *tear*, I hope you haven't missed me ;D

Fluorescent Adolescent
10th December 2005, 9:53 PM
-DDmence-Dragon Dancing salamence
-Anything with DD=Dragon Dancer
-Anything with CB=Choice Bander (An item that raises a moves power but only allows the use of that move-great on a lot of physical sweepers)
-Beller/heal beller=A pokemon with heal bell that cures the whole team of status effects
-Celejump=Celebi that baton passes calm minds/substitutes
-Cursepert=Swampert with the move curse
-Boltbeam/er=Pokemon with the move Ice beam and thunderbolt
-Subpuncher=Pokemon who puts up a substitute and then focus punches when the opponent can not hit it.
-Seedstaller=A pokemon that stalls opponent with leech seed and/or moves such as protect and substitute etc. Or it could have high defences/SP defences
-Spinner=Pokemon who uses rapid spin to rid spikes
-Endrevver=Pokemon who uses Endure/reversal in combination with a salac berry, to sweep teams
-Maggie=Magneton
-FP=Focus Punch

There are loads of others but I have to go now.

Tazzler
10th December 2005, 10:02 PM
I'll guess I'll contribute-

Boah- A tyranitar with the moves of substitute, focus punch, crunch, and thunderbolt. Counters Skarmbliss. For more info, go to the smogon dex.

SkarmBliss-The use of both skarmory and blissey.

Gross- metagross

Cbmence-a salamence w/ the choice band on.

Boltbeam- The moves ice beam and thunderbolt together which nothing but magneton, lanturn, and shedinja completly resist.

Subpunch-Using substitute, then focus punch. Focus punch still hits even if the sub is broken.

Cursepert/lax- A swampert or snorlax with curse.

Mr. Robinson
10th December 2005, 10:06 PM
posting to say i approve of this topic and i dont approve of long signatures that take up half my page

aipomkong
10th December 2005, 10:09 PM
posting to save people a lot of typing time

http://www.smogon.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6632

it has it all there, saved you typing didn't it?

Fox
10th December 2005, 10:23 PM
You think Mekkah would mind using that here with a few modifications? lol

Well then, feel free to post any more here or expand on any of those abbreviations then :O