PDA

View Full Version : NOO!!!!! (I HAte myself)

Ash_Junior
14th December 2005, 6:52 PM
I have psent the last hour (plus) working on a one-shot, and when I went to copy/paste, I hit Control-V instead of Control-C.

wiped all six pages out.

*cries*

now I've gotta start over!!!!

I knew I should have saved it.

IceKing
14th December 2005, 6:56 PM
Umm, ever heard of Control Z, or undo? Seriously, take this as a lesson to save your work after each line, you're not going to get harmed by it, it will only help you. And you wrote 6 pages in one hour? Dang, thats pretty good! I can never go that rate when writing fanfiction XD

supertyphosion
14th December 2005, 6:58 PM
what is your fan-fic anyway?

Ash_Junior
14th December 2005, 7:07 PM
it was a brand new one-shot, and no, I'd never heard of it until I was looking around in the Edit menu just now. by then I'd written up several paragraphs and it was too late.

:(

Faerie
14th December 2005, 9:32 PM
Sad. But yeah, undo is the one thing that everyone should use. I thought it was common knowledge. You should get into the habit of saving every paragraph or so. It really won't kill you. ;D

Saffire Persian
15th December 2005, 1:50 AM
Umm..sorry? XD.. really, I am sorry to hear that. I would've liked to read this one-shot.

Ash_Junior
15th December 2005, 3:06 AM
don't worry, I'm redoing it.

basically it's a spoof of the standard Johto start story.

(Rival steals Poke, trainer gets poke to track down rival, etc)

there are a few....plot twists, however....:D

EDIT: YAY!!!!

it's redone!

and up!

and I added two pages to its length!

and it's better!

and stop reading my post and go read it!

Willow's Tara
16th December 2005, 2:59 AM
I did something like that.
Like here for example, I was writing my story Dreams bt Attractions one day, and I was printing it for a friend, now I had done 30 or more pages, she had read aleast 23 pages of them so I gave them to her when i updated, instead of printing the whole thing again I got rid of the top bit and printed the thing she hadn't read, but I had accdeintly not undo it and saved it as it were, Now my friend had the printed opnes and I had another copy but I still lost some things. Like this part in DBA when Amber is crying for her husband after a shootout when he doesn't appear, it was a touching bit I think and now it gone.

Jetx
17th December 2005, 9:17 PM
That's a bummer. Like when I got far on my gameboy without saving. I dropped it, the batteries flew out... It makes you annoyed doesn't it?