PDA

View Full Version : Creepy Attacks (fic ideas)

Dragonfree
15th December 2005, 4:25 AM
Well, a little while ago I had an idea of making a one-shot about the move Curse.

As in for a non-Ghost - I mean, it's called "Curse", isn't it? It's a bit of a creepy attack, so I had this weird and wonderful idea of writing a short fic about how it REALLY works.

Then just today, my Slugma on Emerald learned Amnesia, and I noticed the game's somewhat creepy description of it (Forgets something and sharply raises Sp.Def), and suddenly remembered my idea for the Curse fic. Now I'm thinking about writing one for Curse and one for Amnesia.

Now, trilogies are cool, so I was thinking I could maybe do a third fic, but I'm not sure what other "creepy" move there is...

Also, each of them will be about one Pokémon who has the move. The Curse one will be Dragonite; however, I'm not so sure about Amnesia. Any suggestions on that?

Also just a general "Am I crazy or could this make an interesting fic?" check-thread.

Ash_Junior
15th December 2005, 4:32 AM
heh...

not sure if it's a creepy move or not, but it sure is disgusting...

A Miltank Milk Drink!

:D

you may now go and throw up.

Dragonfree
15th December 2005, 4:36 AM
XDDD

Well, it's not creepy enough. Not really something you can write a horror one-shot about.

PDL
15th December 2005, 4:46 AM
I guess most Dark and Ghost, Bug and Poison moves would consistute as "creepy"... kinda... maybe some psychic attacks as well...

Extrasensory is like putting the opponent into a bad acid trip which seriously freaks the opponent out...

EDIT: Grudge, Memento and Spite also come to mind...

Dragonfree
15th December 2005, 4:49 AM
Hmm, that's an interesting idea, although I'm more looking for stat-boosting moves or others that the Pokémon uses on itself.

EDIT: I'm going to make one horror trilogy of creepy attacks and one humour trilogy of funny attacks. XDDD

Spot reserved for the funny attacks: Imprison. :3 I had the BEST IDEA EVER.

Shadowcat
15th December 2005, 5:04 AM
Swallow or Spit Up? They make it sound a little disgusting and creepy.

Negrek
15th December 2005, 5:06 AM
I'd like to second PDL's nominatios and throw out destiny bond, pain split, and perish song in addition.

Perish song is one I'd personally like to explore, maybe because I'm sorta a musical person. I just think it's kind of a neat idea, and also rather eerie (dangit, can't spell).

I think that the creepy moves thing could totally work. I've seen many excellent one-shots centering just around a single move and its execution, as some of them are just fascinating. And the moves you've brought up are certainly interesting enough to warrant further investigation.

And points for mentioning slugma. *oozes away*

Dilasc
15th December 2005, 5:27 AM
Taunt is fun. I'm sure everyone will want to just strike at that oddity. How about torment, which you really can't look at the same way twice in a row. Then there's some of the fun stuff like skill swap, and explosion. Yea, we see Pokemn use Explosion all the time, but it sounds really fatal.

Dragonfree
15th December 2005, 5:33 AM
Heh, I actually wrote and posted the Imprison one. Extremely short, of course, taken into account the time it took to write it, but hilarious nonetheless. x3

Ash_Junior
15th December 2005, 6:25 AM
heh...Dragonfree, do three:

1) Creepy
2) Funny
3) Disturbing

:P

Iveechan
15th December 2005, 6:26 AM
Even though it's more gross than creepy, Guillotine is another questionable moves. I mean... does the Pokemon really get decapitated. Hey! After the horror and funny one-shots, how about a disgusting trilogy?

edit: ^ beat me

Shadowcat
15th December 2005, 6:40 AM
Disgusting would mean Spit Up and Swallow, cause they have to Swallow or Spit Out something. (Really disgusting)

Ash_Junior
15th December 2005, 6:47 AM
just suggested and we've already got FOUR moves for it....

LOL

Yami Ryu
15th December 2005, 7:54 AM
Hate to be a mini mod/burst everyone's bubble, but Dragonfree, I mean, you made a topic for this sorta thing already; http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=22230

And there's a rule against repeat topics, I mean, you're a mod, shouldn't you follow the rules you help enforce? Not try and get around them? I could understand if there was something unique about this .. but this is basically the same as the Fic idea's sticky. Just under a slightly different coat of paint. But basically the same thing on the inside once you get to the point.

BirthdayPirate
15th December 2005, 4:04 PM
Renegade, I know we all love to catch the Mod's breaking rules, but this thread is perfectly legitimate. All she was really asking for was ideas for creepy moves to use; it didn't have much relation to the fic itself. Although, every time I claim something isn't breaking the rules, Dragonfree swoops in and says it is, so for all I know, she might close her own thread. Oh, and I know you want to show everyone how smart you are, but there's this thing called the "Report" button...

As for the thread itself, I say Pain Split is a definite candidate. Although, it might be funny to see exactly how Lick can do damage. Then of course there's Dream Eater, Luster Purge, Psycho Boost, Role Play, and Tickle. And don't forget Attract, Charm, Lovely Kiss, and Covet. Maybe we could find out why those moves don't work when the Pokemon are the same gender?

Dragonfree
15th December 2005, 5:30 PM
The Fic Ideas thread is for the "Is this interesting?" question; you post the plot you're thinking about, and people can comment on that. Here I'm asking for a completely different thing - more moves to try writing about.

I might add that threads like this - needing help for a future fic idea rather than just comments on the plot - are all over the Author's Café and I have never said anything against them, so obviously I have not been "enforcing" that (referring to "shouldn't you follow the rules you help enforce").

Besides that your post was off-topic and irrelevant, and "Not to be a mini-mod" is not an excuse for a member to post only to say "This breaks the rules", which itself is strictly against them.

So, back on topic... Lick would be sort of interesting, but it depends on whether I could think of something... Pain Split and Dream Eater are very good candidates, though; I can't believe I forgot Dream Eater... *thinks of an idea for a possible funny way of doing Role Play* Tickle seems fairly straightforward, though. I don't know much about Luster Purge and Psycho Boost...

I guess the "love" attacks could all be either horror or humour. =P

skiboydoggy
15th December 2005, 7:34 PM
Creepy moves... Not really a lot of them, and basically been mentioned already.
However, I would like to bring your attention to Snore. How the heck do you damage someone by breathing deeply in sleep, preferably with a blocked nose?
Extremely absurd that I OHKOed Pokemon with this move before...

Another weird move is Drill Peck. Having a drill for a beak is just wrong. Especially on Zapdos.

Kiyohime
15th December 2005, 8:08 PM
Luster Purge doesn't fit into those categories IMO. Luster Purge is a Latios-unique attack that expels a flurry of shards of "light" that rips into the foe.

Doom Desire....that might be interesting. It's basically beams of sunlight damaging the enemy in delayed reaction, like Future Sight. There's also Will o' Wisp, a ball of fire chasing around the Pokemon (never misses.)

skiboydoggy
15th December 2005, 8:14 PM
Well... According to most established fantasy, the Will-O-The-Wisp actually attracts you, this making thousands of little kids go lost simply by following the magicall ball of light...
Not the point.

I just thought of another one: Future Sight. How does one simply see into the future, tell you that an attack is coming, and simply make it come?
After all, it is: Alakazam foresaw and attack!
As opposed to: Alakazam created an attack that will invariably strike in two turns!

Another Fan
15th December 2005, 8:16 PM
To me destiny bond was always a fun move, I would rather have dumb irony such as the pokemon preforming to killing move to die after killing the other instead of just something and the pokemon faints. I do similar things with future sight. Amnesia is a interesting move but I can't seem to figure out what you find creepy about it. I mean it loosens the mind letting special attacks not hurt it as much. Like being numb to hot coals or headaches. But yeah fun moves.

Memento to me is the killler. I always imagine a pokemon hurting itself and leaving a part of itself or something related to the battle as a memento and guilt and horror is what weakens you but then again you could make something much more fun.

For Doom Desire, I dislike the game desciption and prefer a more apocaliptic version. One that usually involves great crooken sharp disfigured large metallic bars coming from the ground with lots of heat and fire.

Saffire Persian
16th December 2005, 12:50 AM
Perish Song has to be my favorite move of all time, personally - especially how I think it's executed, and how it can be used.

Future Sight is another one of my personal favorites. There just is this mystical quality about it that I love to death.

Faint Attack, depending on how you see it executed, or what your definition for it is (I've seen many variations) is also a favorite move.

I would have to also agree on Pain Spit, Memento, and Will o' the Wisp.

+Chaos Blade+
16th December 2005, 12:56 AM
A creepy attack, I believe, is Hypnosis, yet, it can also be quite humorous as well. Another creepy attack is Nightmare. Duh. Anyone forgot about that attack?

Those are mine, yet, my mind is running a blank here *goes to Attackdex for assistance*