PDA

View Full Version : From Cradle to Save (433)

Serebii
15th December 2005, 10:11 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/433.jpgBonsly and the Ninja School!

On their way to the Battle Pike, Ash & Co. come across a Ninja Training school. Ash & Co. decide to do some training here and meet up with a trainer and a newly hatched Bonsly. However Team Rocket have their eyes set on this Ninja Training School and all the Pokémon within...

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/kanto/433.shtml)

Discuss

Feity
15th December 2005, 10:19 PM
PLEASE Brock, don't let Bonsly sufficate in a Pokéball!

crazymonkyfoul321
15th December 2005, 10:22 PM
wow brock catches a bosley! kool hes gettin a lot of new pokemon lately like marshtop its about time

Gaiash
15th December 2005, 10:57 PM
I'm just glad Brock has finally got another Rock Pokemon. Also I am glad that a character has Bonsly now.

Torchic23
15th December 2005, 11:02 PM
Well the big question was finally anwsered about that Bonsly. Some people thought Max was gonna get it. Anyways looks okay but I won't see it for awhile cause I live in America

Wind Waker
15th December 2005, 11:05 PM
So brock does get a bosnly, which is a relief because for a while, I thought that maybe I was just to desperate to see brock get a bonsly, but he does!

Meganium Ex
15th December 2005, 11:06 PM
So won't I...>.<

Anyways, I like that Brock got a Bonsly, just like I thought!

His team is perfect now! ^^ IMO though

Black Marauder
15th December 2005, 11:32 PM
Yay ^-^ Bonsly rocks!

Anyways Brock deserves. I hope this STFUs the people who said that it was going to be Max.

Gravy
15th December 2005, 11:34 PM
Anyways looks okay but I won't see it for awhile cause I live in America
There's always someone who has to say it.

Heracross
15th December 2005, 11:37 PM
I hope this STFUs the people who said that it was going to be Max.
And the people who said it would hatch from Haruka's egg. LOL

ChaosMage
15th December 2005, 11:46 PM
Cool, Bonsly has been long overdue for a debut. 'Tis pretty cool to see Brock's team get its two changes for the saga, as no more seem to be on the way.

What was Forretress's involvement like? That sexy little bagworm!!!

Light-Dragon_Ryu
15th December 2005, 11:46 PM
I don't know why you're all so excited about Takeshi getting Usohachi...you know we're probably NEVER going to see him again...He'll just rot away in his Monsterball.

ŁańkaŃ
15th December 2005, 11:51 PM
Glad Brock did get Bonsly..i had total faith...lol

Now, his team is intresting..wiht different types :D only if he would get Ludicolo back..lol

now only one more DP to appear on anime for catching, but i don't Manyula is up for catch from a main character...probably Harrison..or never

heard that they don't give any flashback or w/e on Koga or other ninja which is sad sad...

onix lord
15th December 2005, 11:53 PM
Yesssss. Brock is finally back with Rock pokemon. Its about time. Bonsly looks like a cool pokemon. I am glad. But hopefully it wont rot in it's pokeball.

Addydo
16th December 2005, 1:46 AM
Can someone tell me how he caught Bonsly!? I know that he used Spikes to keep Bonsly from running away, but what else happened?

Team Rocket Admin
16th December 2005, 2:38 AM
Did he use Forretress to capture it?

Geodude
16th December 2005, 2:51 AM
Patience, people. Those that normally answer these questions (myself included) won't even be able to watch the episode for at least several hours.

JazzJazz
16th December 2005, 6:04 AM
Everyone is worrying that bonsly won't get enough screen time, but I think a bigger worry is for Brock himself to get a decent share of screen time... then we can go on worrying about his pokemon.

Gaiash
16th December 2005, 12:36 PM
And the people who said it would hatch from Haruka's egg. LOL
oh do be quiet, I said it MIGHT hatch out of the egg, I also said I would not be bothered if it didn't.

Michiko
16th December 2005, 2:04 PM
Brock has a rock-type pokemon again ^^ Yay! I have been waiting for this moment for all the time. I hope, he will use it sometimes to battles. Team Rocket has Manene, Brock has Bonsly and May has Gonbe. Now I'm waiting for Haruka's next pokemon^^ It will hatch soon!

Geki
16th December 2005, 3:04 PM
Brock finally got a rock type, awesome. I just hope that Bonsly doesn't die in it's PokeBall like Forretress has, because no Pokemon should deserve to die. I'll probably comment more once I see the epi pictures.

The Benmeister
16th December 2005, 4:49 PM
Wow, I'll give my congrats to Brock who, despite previously being a rock type gym leader, has for the first time ever since the anime started caught a rock type Pokemon!

Brock is my favourite anime character so it seems pretty interesting. I'd really like to know the episode plot though, so I'll just have to wait a bit longer.

Blaziken master
16th December 2005, 5:00 PM
Seen the pics. Ash is training pikachu against donphan, when donphan accidentally attacks a ninja boy and his ninjask.He takes them to a ninja school where they train.Ash uses pikachu{shock} May uses squirtle{double shock}and Brock uses forretress{woo!}.They find a bonsly on their training which seems to like Brock.TR attack eventually and they all blast them off.Brock battles Bonsly with forretress and catches it.

It looks way better than last weeks one thats for sure

MaskedManAbsolkid
16th December 2005, 5:10 PM
oh do be quiet, I said it MIGHT hatch out of the egg, I also said I would not be bothered if it didn't.

No offence, but you were adamant that Bonsly would hatch out of the egg, so don't start denying it. Besides, it's not like Hera was talking to you only.

Glad that it was caught, it'd be horrible if a ninja had caught it.

~Shining-Metagross~
16th December 2005, 6:02 PM
So all 3 Baby 4th Gen Pokemon have been caught....That leaves a certain evolved ice type....

But seriously, its so cool that Brock caught Bonsly! Finally, he has a Rock Type, and its the cutest of all the baby's. Annoys me to hell, but still cute....

Geki
16th December 2005, 6:09 PM
No offence, but you were adamant that Bonsly would hatch out of the egg, so don't start denying it. Besides, it's not like Hera was talking to you only.

Glad that it was caught, it'd be horrible if a ninja had caught it.

I thought May's Egg would contain a Bonsly too, so I'm equally as guilty. But, I know I'm wrong now. I wonder what will hatch from her egg?

Blue_Poliwhirl24
16th December 2005, 6:14 PM
About time brock got a new addition to his team, and its a rock type (its cute too) ^^*

Gravy
16th December 2005, 7:59 PM
Oh. My. Farking. God.

Bonsly.

Bonsly has to be one of the most irritating pok&#233;mon to ever grace this show. Everything about the thing was just gut-wrenching.
Its voice...it was like a drill bit shot through my ear holes and bored through my skull before impacting my brain with consderable force. And its personallity? Its just Haruka's Squirtle amplified, both in the crybaby sense and battle-wise.
It didn't even seem to serve much purpose to the episode at all. It was, essentially, just there.

Eh, at least there's one pre-evo that is actually going to be enjoyable to have around I suppose. Thank the stars for Manene.

Otherwise, this episode really wasn't that bad. The animation was pretty much perfect and I hope they keep the string of well animated episodes going for a long while.

Team Rocket definatly gave us some of the better laughs here. Jessie's expressions near the start of the show were absolutely hillarious, if not incredibly creepy. And you had to love her childhood fantasy of being a 'Bishoujo Ninja', chucking a large Starmie at opponents as opposed to a shuriken.
Their best routine however, was Jessie's Kage Bunshin/Double Team. That one had me in stitches, and I don't think I've laughed at something in Pok&#233;mon that much since the Claydol episode. It was classic stuff, thats for sure.
Even Ash & co with their ninja school training was really fun to watch. From Pikachu missing a camoflaged Kecleon by a mile, to Ash getting pecked in the head by a bunch of Pidgey, it was all good.
Brock esspecially. He was on top form here, and its times like this that really make me wish the writers would stop pushing him so far into the background. It was also great to see Forretress in action once more, and watching it battle against Bonsly was pretty damn cool.

So, bar Bonsly, it was very enjoyable ^_^

PDL
16th December 2005, 8:06 PM
grrreeaaat... another annoying pokemon joins the team, how many does that make?

Munchlax
Squirtle
Bonsly
Pikachu's Volt tackle (he's been using that move like crazy)

and May's Egg doesn't promise much good D:

CyberCubed
16th December 2005, 8:13 PM
Anyone have screencaps of May in her ninja outfit? Did she do anything adorable?

vaporeon89
16th December 2005, 8:40 PM
Bulbapedia says that Bonsly used Fake Tears, is it true?

It has been crying all the ep ,but i don't know if it used the attack

;134;89

Gravy
16th December 2005, 8:47 PM
Bulbapedia says that Bonsly used Fake Tears, is it true?

It has been crying all the ep ,but i don't know if it used the attack

;134;89
It used it as soon as it started to battle Brock's Forretress, before launching itself into, what I assume to be, a Take Down attack. After that it did it again, but it failed and Forretress managed to get a Rapid spin in.

All it was doing for the majority of the episode was crying and literally screaming out "USOHA! USOHA! USOHA! USOHA!" everytime it was on screen, so I guess you could say it was using it constantly *shrugs*

Pika Hikari KT
16th December 2005, 8:48 PM
Wow, Bonsly is one TINY little thing, ain't he? ...I bet he'll be even tinier in Diamond/Pearl.>_<;

BTW, why were the others mad at it? Was it because it was annoying?:confused:

ghost master
16th December 2005, 8:52 PM
well now that pics are up it isnt that bad. Bonsly isnt that bad considering its special is fake tears. Also this could be an actual baby not like the other supposed babies(Squirtle, Manene, Munchlax). Also I've been waiting for Brock to show why he wants to become a breeder. Bonsly requires a bottle when its hungry or needs to settle down. I also dont think we have to worry too much about it dying in the pokeball. It seemed content in Brock's arms drinking the bottle. I also dont believe this while be another Togepi situation since Bonsly was caught with a pokeball by Brock.

Anyway this episode was ok. Yeah for forgotten pokemon appearing.

JazzJazz
16th December 2005, 9:46 PM
I also dont think we have to worry too much about it dying in the pokeball. It seemed content in Brock's arms drinking the bottle.

I really hope that bonsly grows out of this soon. Sure, I'm happy with it being in the anime and all, but not if all we're going to see is it being coddled all the time.

Pokemon Fan
16th December 2005, 9:58 PM
Pikachu's Volt tackle (he's been using that move like crazy)
It's to be expected, its trying to master the attack so its using the attack a lot. It's no different from Johto when it was perfecting Iron Tail.

Besides, it was a great scene to have Ash using Donphan to help him train it.

I noticed that toward the end of the episode Ash, May (and someone else, can't remember) release the Pokemon on their team that most closely resemble ninjas (i.e Grovyle and Combusken).

Heracross
16th December 2005, 10:24 PM
It's to be expected, its trying to master the attack so its using the attack a lot. It's no different from Johto when it was perfecting Iron Tail.
That was early AG, not Jouto.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
16th December 2005, 10:32 PM
The end was pretty funny with Brock yelling at Bonsly.

jolteonjak
16th December 2005, 10:33 PM
Pikachu learned Iron Tail in early Hoenn. Bonsly seems like its going to annoy the hell out of me...in Japanese and in English. :(

I hope it rots in its Pokeball if all it does is cry...

Batdude
16th December 2005, 10:47 PM
D'ya know what'd be funny? If they made Brock and Bonsly into another Misty/Togepi scenario, constantly babying an inept Pok&#233;mon until there's some excuse to kick them both out. Hopefully not, cos when Brock actually battles he's usually pretty good. Still, the thought crossed my mind and worried me a bit. I suppose the fact that he has it in a Pok&#233;ball means he won't constantly have it out. Well, hopefully...

Alfonso
16th December 2005, 11:35 PM

That was early Houen, dude. XD Remember, he still hadn't perfected it for the Roxanne Gym Battle?

The Big Al
16th December 2005, 11:36 PM
An entertaining episode but I (and many others) would have preferred Janine to the leader of the school. Still, the gag of the log wearing the tunic was funny. And the Bonsly question is finally answered. Now, when will that blasted egg hatch?

Alfonso
16th December 2005, 11:38 PM
An entertaining episode but I (and many others) would have preferred Janine to the leader of the school. Still, the gag of the log wearing the tunic was funny. And the Bonsly question is finally answered. Now, when will that blasted egg hatch?

Log wearing the tunic? Explain.

I hope that you don't mean the log was the leader of the school.

The Big Al
16th December 2005, 11:44 PM
One time Brock was flirting with the school's leader and when he turned to her, a log wearing a tunic like her's appeared in her place and she was standing in a nearby tree. Then James thought he had her in a net but another log appeared in her place. Check out the episode pictures.

That Scary Clefairy
17th December 2005, 12:07 AM
It's a form of deception that Ninja and Kuniochi uses to trick oppoents into capturing/attacking the wrong object.

PlusleMinun
17th December 2005, 12:14 AM
I think its amazing that everytime we see a preview for an episode with a new Pokemon near a main character someone says he/she will catch it and then they get shot down but then a few times the character actually does catch the PKMN. This episode was a perfect example of what I mean. Now 3 main charaters have had baby PKMN. I wonder... will Ash get one? Looks like a cool episode

Gravy
17th December 2005, 12:26 AM
For anyone curious as to what Usohachii sounds like. (http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=23NGZNHVVNYBK3RNPUNJGOFRUG)

Now imagine that virtually everytime its on screen.

The Big Al
17th December 2005, 12:37 AM
Oh my ears. I want to kill that thing now.

Momoko Lover
17th December 2005, 12:40 AM
Whoa, Bonsly sounds like it was screeching it's name when I heard that. Hopefully it won't sound so horrible in English.

Porygandrew
17th December 2005, 12:43 AM
Does anyone else invision someone pruning a bonsly when they listen to that clip?

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
17th December 2005, 12:44 AM
For anyone curious as to what Usohachii sounds like. (http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=23NGZNHVVNYBK3RNPUNJGOFRUG)

Sounds pretty funny and I like it. Atleast to me it's better than that annoying Squirtle.

Rex Kamex
17th December 2005, 12:46 AM
It's a form of deception that Ninja and Kuniochi uses to trick oppoents into capturing/attacking the wrong object.

Man, seeing those pics makes me think of Naruto, especially with that scene. (The Replacement Jutsu!)

PDL
17th December 2005, 12:47 AM
oh holy f*** that's terrible...

but at the same time it's halrious if you picture a 20 something year-old man making those sounds...

JazzJazz
17th December 2005, 12:50 AM

Oh God, I hope it grows out of that soon. What I fear is how that'll be dubbed... it can only be worse.

taitofan
17th December 2005, 1:07 AM
Okay, so I just saw the epi, and here are my thoughts...

Anyone else think they were watching Naruto at times? I kept thinking, "Oh look, they're focusing the chakra to their feet!" XD
Usohachi wouldn't be so bad it it could keep its big fat crying LOUD mouth shut. At least it will give Takeshi some purpose again. And I must admit that the way Takeshi caught it was amusing. It's not often a pokemon isn't caught on the first try...
Musashi was hilarious in this one, especially her facial expressions. And the bishoujo ninja thing, as well as everyone's reactions to it, was priceless.
*fangirlism kicks in* Ariados! =D It didn't do to much until the end, but when it did... <3
Sensei was sexy. *nods*

And that's all. ^.^

Judai Yuki
17th December 2005, 1:31 AM
omg that noise was horrible how did u watcht the ep already people?

Addydo
17th December 2005, 2:08 AM
That sound clip of Bonsly was disturbing!!! It sounded creepy.

pikadon92
17th December 2005, 2:14 AM

'Usohachi' sounds like someone screaming for its dear life-running away froma an angry ursanring!
4kids better makes bonsly sounds better than that!

PDL
17th December 2005, 2:36 AM
weither or not Bonsly's dub voice sounds better or worse, I'll be laughing at how much people are complaining about it.

I think that having an extremely annoying cry is it's gimmick... much like Munchlax's eating and Manene imatating people...

The Big Al
17th December 2005, 2:38 AM
They need a WAY better gimmick because this one will get real old real fast.

ŁańkaŃ
17th December 2005, 2:56 AM
Well looks like it won't be in the pokeball...:D...which is cool :D

as..it's got a cool characteristic..so go Bonsly :D...

it should have some intrestin moments with Brock, and it's move spike was funny..lol..him hurting himself.

.Bambi.
17th December 2005, 3:06 AM

O-oh...OH MY ****ING GOD!!!
It sounds like Bonsly is being raped, molested, and torn apart by wild pitbulls, ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!! D:

When I was looking at episode pictures, I was wondering why Brock kept feeding it and shoving a bottle into its mouth...now I know it was to make him STFU! *is not looking forward to watching episode now*

I'll post again when I actually *see* this episode, as pictures just don't cut it. But for now, is it me, or does anyone else think that Bonsly may be Brock's Togepi?
Yes, it was caught in a Pokeball, but that didn't stop Brock from giving it a bottle while the group did the classic "part ways with filler characters and wave in the sunset" scene. Then again, how much blander could Brock get?

V Faction
17th December 2005, 3:30 AM
I'll post again when I actually *see* this episode, as pictures just don't cut it. But for now, is it me, or does anyone else think that Bonsly may be Brock's Togepi?
Bingo. Bet your bottom dollar.

This... thing is not original. Oh sure, you [I.E. everyone] may point out that Pokemon has a severe lack of originality anyway, but I believe this REALLY pushes it. Fake Tears? Got old FAST. Bottle? Christ, not even Togepi was that useless (Editor's Note: scratch that).

I'm starting to think the only thing cool about Bonsly so far has been its capture. Do the episode pictures fool me or am I actually seeing Brock throw the ball twice? The capture pose and Brock's patience running thin were heartwarming as well. That's a little sad though considering this was a capture. Slim pickings if I ever saw 'em.

I almost want to make a collage of quote-unquote Baby Pokemon the group has--Mainly because I'm certain we have ENOUGH to DO SO! And it's only going to pile up with May's Pokemon on the way (which, I have to say, I'm anticipating more than Bonsly since we have no effin' clue as to what's in side). Thank God for Phanpy's evolution.

On the content front, where the HELL is Forretress's mouth. It sure isn't on the front of his face, no-sirry-bob.

Crafty writers, with they're sneaky mouth adding and.. and they're glass candy.

Geodude
17th December 2005, 3:42 AM
Ash is training pikachu against donphan, when donphan accidentally attacks a ninja boy and his ninjask.
It wasn't an accident. While Ash was training Pikachu and Donphan, Donphan suddenly heard/sensed something and went into a Rollout right towards Ash. Ash got out of the way, but Donphan wasn't aiming for Ash, rather, it rolled into a rock, revealing the ninja kid and his Ninjask who were hiding behind it. Apparently Donphan thought they were a threat.

Yes, Brock threw the ball twice. Forretress hit Bonsly with Rapid Spin, then surrounded it with Spikes so it couldn't get away. Brock threw the ball, but it didn't work. Bonsly popped out, but hurt itself on one of the spikes. Brock threw the ball again and it worked.

And this would be the first time we've ever seen Brock battle and capture a Pokemon. (Pineco was captured in a ball, but without a battle. Zubat was apparently battled and captured, but it happened offscreen.)

Alfonso
17th December 2005, 3:44 AM
Yes, Brock threw the ball twice. Forretress hit Bonsly with Rapid Spin, then surrounded it with Spikes so it couldn't get away. Brock threw the ball, but it didn't work. Bonsly popped out, but hurt itself on one of the spikes. Brock threw the ball again and it worked.

Bonsly hurt itself on Forry's Spikes? Ace.

Forry is officially a great Pokemon.

V Faction
17th December 2005, 3:46 AM
Thanks Geodude. Yeah, that's what I was hoping happened.

SPIKES ARE GREAT. BOW DOWN.

See, using attacks the way they're supposed to be used is the best.

Geodude
17th December 2005, 3:50 AM
I edited my above post at the same time as you guys posted, should you guys care to respond. :p

Gravy
17th December 2005, 3:53 AM
I'm starting to think the only thing cool about Bonsly so far has been its capture.
There's also the fact that it can evolve into a dancing tree that fears water. If there's anything that isn't cool about groovy foliage that doesn't bathe, then I haven't heard of it. http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

V Faction
17th December 2005, 4:00 AM
Yes, to both your posts. Brocking actually battle and capturing a Pokemon (a Pokemon that could potentially evolve into a Sudolicko) is a damn near Nirvana.

Did I mention that Sudowoodo would rock if it had a Lightsaber?

CyberCubed
17th December 2005, 4:08 AM
I'm a little worried if Brock gets a Sudowoodo someday. Remember the last time Brock interacted with a Sudowoodo?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/MayHaruka/dee0c0bc.gif

After all he may just get that desperate.

Geodude
17th December 2005, 4:23 AM
Anyone catch the Sailor Moon reference? Team Rocket interrupted things by throwing a shuriken that, when it hit the ground, opened to reveal one of James' roses. In Sailor Moon, Tuxedo Mask always made his entrance by throwing a rose like that (except without the shuriken).

JazzJazz
17th December 2005, 7:05 AM
Anyone catch the Sailor Moon reference? Team Rocket interrupted things by throwing a shuriken that, when it hit the ground, opened to reveal one of James' roses. In Sailor Moon, Tuxedo Mask always made his entrance by throwing a rose like that (except without the shuriken).

Hasn't James thrown his rose like that before (without the ninja star)? I'm sure he's done it that way at least once before...

Heracross
17th December 2005, 7:08 AM
Usoha! Usoha! Usoha! USOHA!! ;;>_@

*wipes blood out of ears*

Well, in the parts where Usohachi wasn't screaming bloody murder I thought this was a damn good episode. Takeshi actually did something worthwhile, and with Foretosu no less. And although they really didn't do much, Tekkanin and Ariados got some screentime too. We even got to see spikes executed correctly. Bonus~

Ninjas are always pretty cool, but then in addition their sensei happens to be one of the hottest girls on the show in quite a while. Bone- uh.. Bonus~

Man, the Rocket-dan were priceless in this episode. First Musashi's bizarre facial expressions and then their ridiculous double team. It's been a while since I laughed that hard at something in Pocket Monsters. And as if it weren't funny enough already, I think playing Osorubeshi Koduck in the background automatically doubles the hilarity factor of any situation.

Speaking of which, I really enjoyed the old-school music pieces they chose for this episode. Every region has it's fair share of great music, but for me, sometimes you just can't beat some of the first season instrumentals. And while I prefer the original versions of Ikken Rakuchaku and Souryokusen, the remade versions they used were quite satisfactory.

And to top it all off, the animation was pretty sweet.

...I'm rather torn between whether I want Takeshi to keep Usohachi in its monster ball so I won't have to listen to it, or if I want him to use it as much as possible on the off chance it'll evolve into something cool. And yet logic would dictate that it will be none of the above. :/

Judai Yuki
17th December 2005, 7:09 AM
I think Brock thought that Sudo was a girl at that time xD

Geodude
17th December 2005, 7:23 AM
Hasn't James thrown his rose like that before (without the ninja star)? I'm sure he's done it that way at least once before...
Not that I can think of. But if so, that'd make it another SM reference. :)

Heracross
17th December 2005, 7:30 AM
He sort of did in episode three, but it was after they had been beaten instead of when they were arriving.

Judai Yuki
17th December 2005, 7:42 AM
Why does Bonsly have a hole under his body?

That Scary Clefairy
17th December 2005, 7:43 AM
man that voice is ****ing bloody annoying. I'm hearing impaired and it annoys the hell outta me. If it annoys the the hell outta of a deaf dude, than that more than enough to show how goddamn irritating it sounds.

Heracross
17th December 2005, 7:46 AM
Why does Bonsly have a hole under his body?
Erm.. Why do most things have holes under their bodies? >.>

Judai Yuki
17th December 2005, 7:54 AM
But this is the only Pokemon i've seen like this

Rudoku
17th December 2005, 11:26 AM
But this is the only Pokemon i've seen like this
It's a fake pot. Pots have holes either on the lower sides or on the bottom of them. It's for ventilation or something similar.

John's Knight
17th December 2005, 11:27 AM
Just saw the pics: normal episode, if you ask me. Still, the Ninjas had some cool pokemon!

Kuroshi
17th December 2005, 11:32 AM
Having seen the episode, I don't find Bonsly all that annoying. (Nowhere near Togepi, and May's Squirtle, IMO.) It suits Brock, (we havent had a Brock-abusing Pok&#233;mon since Pinco.) and may serve to pull him out of the backround. I also hope we get to see more of Fortress, in future episodes.

Even though this is the third ninja themed episode was surprizingly fresh, not a total re-hash,Team Rocket had some very funny moments Jessie was out-right hysterical in this episode.

Lord wackruntlje
17th December 2005, 12:10 PM
Yup, he atleast did it in the Tentacool and Tentacruel episode. I think he did it some more time in kanto, but i dont now when...

MaskedManAbsolkid
17th December 2005, 12:34 PM
James has used the rose thing in a few eps. In the one where Ash got Caterpie, and a few others. Domino also used a rose in Mewtwo Returns. But IIRC, the rose in one of the was blue, not red.

Now that I looked at the pics, it was cool. I hope Bonsly gets less annoying though. I can imagine it crying, then Brock hurting himself, then it laughing. Then it'd be funny.

Michiko
17th December 2005, 1:37 PM
Having seen the episode, I don't find Bonsly all that annoying. (Nowhere near Togepi, and May's Squirtle, IMO.) It suits Brock, (we havent had a Brock-abusing Pok&#233;mon since Pinco.) and may serve to pull him out of the backround. I also hope we get to see more of Fortress, in future episodes.

Hehehe, Bonsly acts like a little baby. Brock must give it some milk^^ Hmm... He will be a good "mommy" for Bonsly.

I'm wondering, why did they get so many babies? o_O
James - Manene
May - Munchlax, Squirtle and an egg
Brock - Bonsly
Misty - Azurill (she isn't in the anime but has got a poke-baby too)
Ash, Max and Jessie don't have babies. Is good because he must have a professional and strong team. He has been with tiny sweeties for many years.

Adzieboy
17th December 2005, 1:40 PM
Wasn't Phanpy a baby?

Judai Yuki
17th December 2005, 1:58 PM
Yes it came out a egg.How did u people already watch it?

Alfonso
17th December 2005, 2:11 PM
Yes it came out a egg.How did u people already watch it?

We all live in Japan, obviously.

Seriously, think about it a little. -_-

Geodude, James can throw his roses without it being a Sailor Moon reference you know.

Geodude
17th December 2005, 2:15 PM
Not when he does it to interrupt what's going on and let TR make their entrance.

Yamato-san
17th December 2005, 6:15 PM
Was anyone else bugged by the fact that the ninja boy didn't know who Rocket Dan were? I swear, the writers make it more and more apparent that they're forgetting this is Kantou. You know, region with their base of operations, the place where they're most well-known.

Zenigame, you're not being cute, dammit! The more you get screentime, the more I'm tempted to kill the writers that commited the horrible sin of creating you. Well.... this time, it got rather minimal screentime, but it shouldn't have been out at all. I'm wondering just why the hell Haruka thought it would be a good Pokemon to assist her in ninja activities. Why not Wakashamo? You know, a Pokemon that's somewhat agile, and looks like it'd be pretty damn good climbing trees.

And this episode has to have another annoying baby.... yup, like everyone else, I found Usohachi annoying as hell, and I agree with Gravy, its personality seems to be a Zenigame rehash right now (although, its battle was a bit more believable.... I think it may've used Faint Attack after Fake Tears, which game-wise, would make sense. So it doesn't look cheap... for now), and it really does not help that its voice makes me ears bleed. I have mixed feelings of what I want to happen with it in future episodes.... on one hand, Takeshi can finally be doing some breeder-related stuff, but I'll be seeing a brain surgeon about removing whatever portion controls my hearing. On the other hand, it stays to rot in its Monster Ball like his other Pokemon, my hearing's saved, my sanity's saved from having to deal with one less annoying baby (also agreeing with Gravy, Manene's the only decent one), but Takeshi will end up being shoved to the background again.... meh, too late for him anyway, in fact, I've been waiting for the day Satoshi, Haruka, and/or Masato start caring for the group themselves and he leaves.

Oh, but of course, they gotta have that 4th generation advertising.... I guess if Takeshi keeps a bottle in its mouth at all times, and he eventually gets it to stop crying and do something useful (but unlike Zenigame, make the process seem believable.... Takeshi's trying to be a breeder, too, so there's no excuse if the writers just immediately pulled Usohachi being 00ber out of their a**es when they could just as easily have Takeshi do something that's effective and somewhat realistic, thus advancing both Usohachi's character and his own), it should work out fine.... ah, who am I kidding, I know we're gonna deal with that annoying voice regardless, and it's probably gonna pwn Rocket Dan at some point, I can see it now..... [twitch]

Well, besides the lack of Anzu (I agree she's hot, and needs to get a friggin anime appearance in there already... damn Aya just HAD to butt into Jouto, didn't she, as if she didn't steal enough of other characters' spotlight with Kyou?), at least the rest of this episode was amusing. Lots of comments on Musashi's creepy face, but I'm surprised no one mentioned how Kojirou and Nyaasu performed some ninja vanishing trick soon afterwards XD.

FlamingRuby
17th December 2005, 6:21 PM
Did anyone catch the Sailor Moon reference when TR did a Tuxedo Kamen style rotine?

Geodude
17th December 2005, 6:31 PM
I did, yes. It was neat.

And I'm not sure why everyone's saying that Bonsly's personality is just the same as Squirtle's. Squirtle isn't even a crybaby anymore, for one thing, especially after having developed a love for performing onstage. And you never know when Bonsly's crying is real or when it's faking it (using Fake Tears?) with the intention of suddenly turning on you.

Yamato-san
17th December 2005, 7:25 PM
that still doesn't mean that crying isn't annoying as hell.

Geodude
17th December 2005, 7:26 PM
Yeah but that wasn't the point.

JazzJazz
17th December 2005, 9:43 PM
you never know when Bonsly's crying is real or when it's faking it (using Fake Tears?) with the intention of suddenly turning on you.

Real or fake, I hope it gets over it soon and starts to develop into a decent character. However, being one of Brock's pokemon probably means that we won't be seeing much of it... given that Brock's own screen time is limited as it is.

ghost master
18th December 2005, 12:26 AM
I did, yes. It was neat.

And I'm not sure why everyone's saying that Bonsly's personality is just the same as Squirtle's. Squirtle isn't even a crybaby anymore, for one thing, especially after having developed a love for performing onstage. And you never know when Bonsly's crying is real or when it's faking it (using Fake Tears?) with the intention of suddenly turning on you.I guess we're the one of the few who enjoy Bonsly here. Thats why I like BMGF better because people arent bashed if their opinion differs from others. i remember when everybody complained about meowths voice but, now I hear nobody complain about it so obviously people got use to it. The same will happen with Bonsly. This personality is fine the way it is. We havent had a personality similar to this in a long time. It reminds me of the teddiursa filler back in johto where Misty fell for its cuteness but, when she turned her back it destroyed and ate things. Although it most likely isnt going to be as bad as Tediursa was.

Gravy
18th December 2005, 3:16 AM
I guess we're the one of the few who enjoy Bonsly here. Thats why I like BMGF better because people arent bashed if their opinion differs from others. i remember when everybody complained about meowths voice but, now I hear nobody complain about it so obviously people got use to it. The same will happen with Bonsly. This personality is fine the way it is. We havent had a personality similar to this in a long time. It reminds me of the teddiursa filler back in johto where Misty fell for its cuteness but, when she turned her back it destroyed and ate things. Although it most likely isnt going to be as bad as Tediursa was.
Who was bashed for liking Bonsly again? Seriously, if some people don't like the thing, it doesn't mean they're going to tear apart anyone who does. I couldn't care less who likes it and who doesn't myself. If I don't like it, I'll just say so, and surely there's nothing wrong with that?

...since when was everybody complaining about Meowth's voice, may I be so bold as to ask? Even so, there's a world of difference between the two. At least Meowth has the ability to speak. When the character in question is screeching out the same word over and over, there's a world of difference.
Hell, I probably wouldn't mind Bonsly's voice half as much if it could learn to shut up for more than 20 seconds. Hopefully that will be the case and I'll be able to tolerate the pok&#233;mon in the future. Deep down I really don't want to dislike a Brock pok&#233;mon, but if this episode was any indication of how it will act in the future, then thats the path I'm going to be forced down.

I don't see the similarites between Teddiursa and Bonsly either. Teddiursa was a crafty bugger who acted cute to get what it wanted.
Bonsly cries to disorientate someone and attacks them for no apparant reason. Um...comedy gold I'm sure....

Heracross
18th December 2005, 3:30 AM
...since when was everybody complaining about Meowth's voice, may I be so bold as to ask?
I believe he was talking about the thread at Bulbagarden, where a discussion of Nyasu's voice was indeed taking place.

ghost master
18th December 2005, 3:52 AM
Who was bashed for liking Bonsly again? People on these forums are bashed for having different opinions. Maybe not about Bonsly but, it does occur somewhat frequently. You usually dont care whether people love or hate characters and I notice but, some people make such a big deal out of cartoon/anime characters around here.

I believe he was talking about the thread at Bulbagarden, where a discussion of Nyasu's voice was indeed taking place. Yes, I probally should've referenced that.

When the character in question is screeching out the same word over and over, there's a world of difference. that's true.........

Squirtle_007
18th December 2005, 8:55 AM
Saw the episode:

*Bonsly&#180;s voice is soooooo annoying and kinda creepy, but it can attack so it&#180;s a good addition ... even if I don&#180;t like Takeshi
*Haruka looked hot in her ninja outfit, but she must used Combusken to train, even if they we&#180;re training in water, that would helped it to resist water attacks ... but on the other hand, it would be kidnapped by Team Rocket and couldn&#180;t fight later
*Team Rocket was very hilarious, Musashi&#180;s fantasy and that Double Team was great
*It was good to see Satoshi like a dumb again when he and Pikachu we&#180;re looking for Kecleon

skarmachild
18th December 2005, 1:18 PM
Anyone have screencaps of May in her ninja outfit? Did she do anything adorable?

Yes. Exist.

~Flareon~
18th December 2005, 4:29 PM
I have seen this Bonsly episode. Finally Brock caught a Bonsly with the help of his Forretress in the battle. It is a new Pokemon for Brock. But actually Bonsly comes out from the PokeBall. It started crying. And this episode ends Ash, Pikachu, May, Max and while Brock was feeding the milk at Bonsly on his arms and now heading towards Fuschia City for Ash's 4th Frontier Symbol.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
18th December 2005, 6:01 PM
It wasn't a bad episode this one. It was pretty good. I enjoyed the Team Rocket part, and James' voice during the motto. Bonsly looks like one who enjoys fighting and as for its voice, it's not as deafening as it is portrayed as.

Plus, was that blue berry shown for the first time? I'm not sure of its name.

MugenKeiji
19th December 2005, 9:17 AM
Man, seeing those pics makes me think of Naruto, especially with that scene. (The Replacement Jutsu!)

That's actually been a mythological trait of the Ninja for a while like the clone trick (which the move Double Team is based on). Naruto simply capitalized off of it. That's like crediting Full Metal Alchemist for the word "Homunculus".

Wow, the writers LOVE making ninja episodes don't they? I guess the difference between this one and the last two (or more, I tune in and out) is that this one was produced while Naruto (first aired in 2002) is on the airwaves (same channel too).

I suppose all the Haruka/May fans will be happy to see her as a Kunoichi.

I like the Akakage-like masks Team Rocket had.

An episode like this is practically wasted since Pokemon relies on the product rather than the characters. Eh, whatcha gonna do?

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
19th December 2005, 12:08 PM
bonsly's crying sounds very disturbing..........
bonsly is realy cute though! this episode makes me love bonsly even more!
team rocket ruled in this ep!

Blaziken master
19th December 2005, 3:20 PM
Better than last weeks episode thats for sure. Bonsly's quite the evil little bugger isn't he? Lots of underused pokemon used and forretress in a battle is what reddems the episode in my eyes. Oh and Team Rocket also helped with that too, I'll never look at meowth in the same way though uggh

skarmachild
19th December 2005, 5:03 PM
God, I want to kill that Bonsly, it better not cry throughout the whole damned series.

Other than that, not a bad episode, but not as good as the previous 3, although Jesse's faces were hilarious.

Silent Conversation
25th February 2006, 7:23 PM
I always thought that Brock would get a Manyula. Guess I was wrong. But I'm glad that Brock gets Bonsly because now that's another rock pokemon added to Brock's collection.

Ashy Boy
17th September 2006, 9:30 AM
Poor Jessie, making a fool of herself as always.

mewfan1
13th October 2006, 8:16 PM
I really looking forward to this episode! Bonsly is one of my favorite pokemon!

Waiting 2 Evolve
13th October 2006, 9:56 PM
Is this the weekend where Cartoon Network goes to one new episode and a repeat of last week's? Or does that start next week?

Korobooshi Kojiro
14th October 2006, 3:02 PM
Bonsly, Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! !!!!

mangod/pikachu
14th October 2006, 3:11 PM
Bonsly's voice is horrible, it's hard on the ears! >.<

Why does this episode remind me of Naruto?

Korobooshi Kojiro
14th October 2006, 3:26 PM
YES!

They kept Forretress' Japanese Voice!

WaterDragon trainer
This episode was great. Brock flirting with the log was hilarious as well as James and Meowth using ninja magic to get away from Jessie. Bonsly was cute and awesome in this episode. It was hilarious when Bonsly beat up Brock.

Judai Yuki
They did? He sounds like a hoarse dog to me.

-Judai

Korobooshi Kojiro
14th October 2006, 3:27 PM
It's better then that horrid voice 4kids had...

Judai Yuki
14th October 2006, 3:30 PM
Bonsly the bonsly pokemon. Is that what I heard?

-Judai

Korobooshi Kojiro
14th October 2006, 3:31 PM
It's the "Bonsai" Pokemon.

I'm glad they had May say "Shuriken", and pronounce it right.

Judai Yuki
14th October 2006, 3:33 PM
May knows what a shuriken is but doesn't know what time travel is.

-Judai

BattleFranky~40
14th October 2006, 3:36 PM
Bonsley sounded like Satan himself reincarnated into a small annoying tree man

Korobooshi Kojiro
14th October 2006, 3:39 PM
Bonsly sucked as Usohachi, sucked while he worked for 4kids, and sucks now.

ghost master
14th October 2006, 3:39 PM
Bonsly's voice is horrible, it's hard on the ears! >.< Just like the Japanese voice. Apparently they even wanted to replicate its ear shattering cry.

BattleFranky~40
14th October 2006, 3:41 PM
Bonsly sucked as Usohachi, sucked while he worked for 4kids, and sucks now.

True, but I still prayed they would get a voice that didn't cause my eardrums to burst into flames.

MagicBox
14th October 2006, 3:54 PM
This is actually the first full episode I've seen since the new dub started. The new actors (that goes for both the main and filler characters) still sound like they're reading right off a script, but they're slowly improving.

I loved the battle between Brock and Bonsly. The music was even pretty good.

As for Bonsly's voice, meh.

TheBuddyBud
14th October 2006, 3:59 PM
bonsly sounds just like the japanese version

halloweenghost
14th October 2006, 4:14 PM
Bonsly sounds like *gasp* a baby! hard to beelive for what it is!

Bulba the Great!
14th October 2006, 4:37 PM
So, was that Jimmy Zoppi doing the male ninja's voice? He sounded almost exactly like the dub Gary.

Really liked this episode. I, for one, thought Bonsly was almost cute. And PUSA did a good job of retaining the 4Kids voice while pronouncing it correctly.

I was a bit annoyed James' voice wasn't muffled sounding in the ninja-Rocket scene. With the handkerchief over his mouth? That twas a funny quirk in the Japanese version.

NewBrock really shined here, too.

Cheers!
~Bulbs ;001;

Pika Hikari KT
14th October 2006, 4:39 PM
Why does this episode remind me of Naruto?
RISE! Tsuyosa!:D

May knows what a shuriken is but doesn't know what time travel is.
I'm surprised they even SAID shuriken! I love ninja elements~<3

Just like the Japanese voice. Apparently they even wanted to replicate its ear shattering cry.
Unfortunately for us, yes.:p

YES!

They kept Forretress' Japanese voice!
Considering Forretress appears so rarely, this was a welcome treat.

Drummerdude
14th October 2006, 4:41 PM
I enjoyed the episode. Bonsly's voice is going to cause many headaches.
Edit:New Rank

Digitalkaiser65
14th October 2006, 4:48 PM
I thought this episode was hilarious. I like jesse's refrence to her ninja childhood and where on earth did she get that starmie? o_O;;;;
I love how they added ninja to everything.

o.o Bonsly. Must. Be. Stopped. Ouch.....

Pika Hikari KT
14th October 2006, 5:17 PM
I like jesse's refrence to her ninja childhood and where on earth did she get that starmie? o_O;;;;
It's kind of Pokémon abuse to use a Starmie/Staryu as a shuriken, nya? Then again, they're starfish--their limbs grow back.

Cedric's_Memory
14th October 2006, 5:33 PM
I heard Bonsly's voice and I thought "where is my hand gun?"
O there than the high pitched freak it was a pretty good episode.

Hikarii
14th October 2006, 6:22 PM
Omg, they pronounced it "Bons-lai". That surprised me. Was it 4kids that had it pronounced Bons-lee? o-o;

S.Suikun
14th October 2006, 7:00 PM
Omg, they pronounced it "Bons-lai". That surprised me. Was it 4kids that had it pronounced Bons-lee? o-o;
Indeed, and 4Kids' was dead wrong.

Bonsly's voice is 95% of the reason that I hate it. This would have been one instance where I totally would have preferred if the dub voice was far different from the original voice.

"Usoha! Usoha!" *cringe*

Hikozaru390
14th October 2006, 8:50 PM
Foretress. It finally appears in an AG episode.

Seriously, when was the last time it was seen, let alone battled?

They said shuriken in Pokémon? Oh, but PUSA sucks at keeping true to the original...who wants to bet 4kids would have called it a "star" or "ninja star".

Nobody likes Bonsly? :(

The first ninja seen did sound a LOT like Gary.
He sounded almost exactly like the dub Gary.

News flash! There can't be a "dub Gary". Because in Japan, his name was Shigeru. It's Shigeru and Gary. No "dub Shigeru", "dub Gary", "Japanese Shigeru" or "Japanese Gary". Shigeru and Gary. Just like Satoshi and Ash. And Haruka and May. And Takeshi and Brock. And...do you get the point?

S.Suikun
14th October 2006, 8:54 PM
News flash! There can't be a "dub Gary". Because in Japan, his name was Shigeru. It's Shigeru and Gary. No "dub Shigeru", "dub Gary", "Japanese Shigeru" or "Japanese Gary". Shigeru and Gary. Just like Satoshi and Ash. And Haruka and May. And Takeshi and Brock. And...do you get the point?
Does it really matter that much? People KNOW what you're saying.

jolteonjak
15th October 2006, 12:47 AM
NewBrock is going just fine as Brock. Bonsly (its pronounciation sucks by the way) is still as annoying as it was in Japanese.

The one-eyed ninja was Gary's voice...nice to know there will be a second familiar voice at the end of the saga.

S.Suikun
15th October 2006, 1:07 AM
So like...am I the only one who has actually been pronouncing it "BON-SLY" ever since Day 1? Kinda like how I was the only one who wasn't pronouncing Sceptile with the "k" sound?

xenero
15th October 2006, 2:24 AM
I always thought it was Bonsly ending with a long "E", man every time I saw it with a long "I", it just feels.. wrong. And does Bonsly have mood swings?

chosen_one386
15th October 2006, 3:33 AM
This episode was pretty good. The only thing I saw wrong with it is Bonsly with an I instead of an E. Anyway, it was so CUTE!!

Oh, and it doesn't have mood swings. It cries only when it wants to trick someone or get something it wants.

Hikarii
15th October 2006, 4:19 AM
^^ Hence why I was mildly surprised. It should be Bons-lai, because it's the BONSAI Pokemon. Get used to the pronounciation. =P

Indeed, and 4Kids' was dead wrong.

Cedric's_Memory
15th October 2006, 4:37 AM
So like...am I the only one who has actually been pronouncing it "BON-SLY" ever since Day 1? Kinda like how I was the only one who wasn't pronouncing Sceptile with the "k" sound?
Nah and I was pronouncing it without the K since day one also(It being Sceptile). I am honestly glad that later on Takeshi like stops using his Pokemon

Medea
15th October 2006, 4:41 AM
Bonsly got on my friggin' nerves...All through the whole episode which kept me from enjoying this episode to an extent. I have to do this, every time I see Brock holding Bonsly, feeding it and what-not, I'm always waiting for Bonsly to pee right on Brock. It's just something you're just waiting for but know it ain't gonna happen. Oh yes, near the end, James and Meowth dressed up like Jessie, that made it all funny.

And so that's all I can comment on!

NewBrock
15th October 2006, 9:55 AM
Bonsly got on my friggin' nerves...All through the whole episode which kept me from enjoying this episode to an extent. I have to do this, every time I see Brock holding Bonsly, feeding it and what-not, I'm always waiting for Bonsly to pee right on Brock. It's just something you're just waiting for but know it ain't gonna happen. Oh yes, near the end, James and Meowth dressed up like Jessie, that made it all funny.

And so that's all I can comment on!

OK, I am now officially crushed. I can't believe that everyone hates bonsly (and yes, it is Bon-sly, not Bons-lee, he is a sly bonsai tree, not the dad from Happy Days).
Much like Usohatchi, Bonsly is a high pitched baby pokemon.
He doesn't sound too terrifically different from the way 4Kids dubbed him. When I first heard him in Movie 8, I knew I wanted to voice him. I specifically requested to voice him and pretty much floored everyone in the studio when I went from Brock voice to Bonsly in this episode. Sarah insisted that it couldn't be my voice until I did it for her in person. Actually, when I did the opening sequence, I blew the levels for the engineer as he was totally not expecting that to come out of me.
Bonsly is what would happen if Frank Welker did voices for Pokemon. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Frank's work, he was Uni in the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon, he was Abu in Aladdin, Slimer in the Ghostbusters cartoon, Nibbler in Futurama and hundreds of others.
This was one of the reasons that I wanted to voice him. I have done so many different types of voices in anime, but I've never really had the chance to do a really cartoony voice. He is one of my favorite Pokemon and I really thought that he would be much better received.
I have to say that this was not the response I had expected.

(Goes off to sulk in his corner.)

"Even now, he sulks like Achilles in his tent. Achilles? The Iliad? It's Homer??? READ A BOOK!" - Handy

Kuroshi
15th October 2006, 10:56 AM
There is no need to take it personally, most of us hated Usohachi's voice also. (I actually think that people hate the crying more than the actual voice.) For what it's worth, I like your redition of Bonsly, you did quite a fantastic job with it's expression. I had no idea you were capable of such a wide range of voices. (I didn't even know you were Bonsly, until reading that post.)

Gravy
15th October 2006, 11:07 AM
Bonsly kinda mellows out a little after this episode NewBrock, so I wouldn't take any of the complaints to heart. As Kuroshi said, it's more than likely due to the fact that the pokémon just refused to shut-up crying during most of the episode, so that's hardly your fault :p
I'm sure people will come to appreciate Bonsly's voice in upcoming episodes. It still remains as a rather babyish pokémon that craves attention, but it cuts down on the crying drastically. And it gets some pretty funny moments too~

Nope, you're not.....ahh, shoot. I forgot to bring my big, neon arrow sign with the text 'I PRONOUNCED IT BON-SLY TOO!'. But gimme a break...I only ever need it twice per week :/
Quite frankly, I don't understand why so many people weren't pronouncing it like that. The pun in it's name was so painfully obvious. Hell it even sounds like 'Bonsai'.

eonteam123456
15th October 2006, 12:43 PM
I like the bits with Bonsly crying, because I caled him Crybaby every time he did it. similar thing to torkoal in go go ludicolo!

Korobooshi Kojiro
15th October 2006, 3:06 PM
B
Nope, you're not.....ahh, shoot. I forgot to bring my big, neon arrow sign with the text 'I PRONOUNCED IT BON-SLY TOO!'. But gimme a break...I only ever need it twice per week :/
Quite frankly, I don't understand why so many people weren't pronouncing it like that. The pun in it's name was so painfully obvious. Hell it even sounds like 'Bonsai'.

I also figured out it was Bonsly extremely early...

However, it took me till like the Sceptile appeared in the dub to realized it was "Scep" as is "Septic Tank".

Bulba the Great!
15th October 2006, 3:08 PM
Don't listen to them, NewBrock. I know that I said I thought Bonsly was very similar to its 4Kids voice, and I commend you on this episode. You did a VERY good job, and I'm gonna say yet again how happy I am you're doing Brock. He's my favorite Pokemon character, and I have been extremely happy with the way you're voicing him.

It's also enjoyable knowing which voices you do. As pointed out, nobody could tell that was you, which makes it all the more amazing.

Thumbs up.

Cheers!
~Bulbs ;001;

Korobooshi Kojiro
15th October 2006, 3:16 PM
I'm sure Bonsly was intended by the Japanese writers to be as annoying as possible, and you certainly did a good job at that. XD

It was very cute when it wasn't crying though.

Geodude
15th October 2006, 11:20 PM
Bonsly (its pronounciation sucks by the way)
No, it doesn't. It's accurate. Sly bonsai = BonSLY, not "slee".

I'm glad they had May say "Shuriken", and pronounce it right.
Yeah that was a pleasant surprise.

Speaking of surprises, I'm surprised nobody commented on Brock's "Enough is enough!" line (which I liked), especially relating it to Bonsly's crying. :p

Korobooshi Kojiro
15th October 2006, 11:21 PM
Man, if "Enough is Enough" was said by Stuart's Brock....

It would sound SOOO much like Kaiba was saying it.

Ashy Boy
16th October 2006, 12:28 AM
What was the dub name for Ichigo? (the green haired sensei)

Geodude
16th October 2006, 1:01 AM
Angela, I think.

Swirling Squirtle
16th October 2006, 1:13 AM
What was the dub name for Ichigo? (the green haired sensei)

I COULD'VE THOUGHT I HEARD IT WAS GARY'S VOICE!!!!
IS IT GARY'S I WAS LIKE NOOOO WAY

Pika Hikari KT
16th October 2006, 2:41 AM
Man, if "Enough is Enough" was said by Stuart's Brock....

It would sound SOOO much like Kaiba was saying it.
You really set yourself up for this...

SCREW THE RULES, I HAVE AN ANNOYING BONSAI POKEMON!:D

Korobooshi Kojiro
16th October 2006, 2:42 AM
You really set yourself up for this...

SCREW THE RULES, I HAVE AN ANNOYING BONSAI POKEMON!:D

Yes, you win!

Ashy Boy
16th October 2006, 6:57 PM
I COULD'VE THOUGHT I HEARD IT WAS GARY'S VOICE!!!!
IS IT GARY'S I WAS LIKE NOOOO WAY

Sorry, but you didn't answer my question.

Swirling Squirtle
17th October 2006, 1:05 AM
i can't be sure but im DEF. sure that was his voice

Rashdan
17th October 2006, 2:06 AM
Hmm, I thought Bonsly was pronounced sort of like Bonsli, as in the 8th movie.

It was an ok episode, and yea, that ninja guy sounds a lot like Gary.

wobbanut
18th October 2006, 2:46 AM
Well, so far between its first episodes and the eighth movie, I still like Bonsly ten times more than its parent (I mean sudowoodoo, not Brock LOL). At least it doesn't have that annoying voice that makes me cringe. It was maybe a little annoying, but it was cute too.

I really liked the humor in this episode. I liked Brock going gaga over Angela and then finds himself hugging a post. His voice during the scene was off, but not too bad. James and Meowth dressing as Jessie was bizarre and hilarious at the same time. The juvenile side of me also got a good snicker at Team Rocket saying that this is not the time to be breaking wind. LOL

Best line: Jessie: "If you think you can stop a girl ninja prodigy like me, you're out of your *mind* arts."
Ash (disbelieving): "Hey Brock?"
Brock: "You're not going deaf, I heard her too."

Overall, the episode was pretty good. Not one of the best or most memorable, but it was an interesting introduction for Bonsly. Great animation with the tree camouflage too.

Overall, 6/10.

Hikarii
18th October 2006, 5:46 AM
Wow, you did Bonsly's voice? I'm so surprised! XD;

I loved Bonsly's voice, he sounded like a baby like he should've been. Hence, I couldn't help but scream how cute he was. XD It's been awhile since I've liked a Pokemon's dub and Japanese voice. Way to go! I really appreciate your efforts, and the persuasion to let you do Bonsly's voice.

And yeah, don't feel bad. Because Bonsly is meant to be high-pitched and almost always crying, of course he'll be annoying to some. But I never minded Usohacchi's voice, and I enjoyed Bonsly. Please keep doing bonsly! x3

When I first heard him in Movie 8, I knew I wanted to voice him. I specifically requested to voice him and pretty much floored everyone in the studio when I went from Brock voice to Bonsly in this episode. Sarah insisted that it couldn't be my voice until I did it for her in person. Actually, when I did the opening sequence, I blew the levels for the engineer as he was totally not expecting that to come out of me.

EDIT: I felt that I should also mention how much I enjoyed this episode, too. ^^a It made me laugh a lot, and when a Pokemon episode makes me laugh, it's great. x3 Heck, even my little sister laughed A LOT at this episode, and she could care less about the Pokemon anime.

Ever since the new dub aired, my sister and I have been watching it religiously. We're curious as to see how it'll turn out, and it's really fun to watch. It's like a whole new Pokemon. Yay!

Cobalt_Latios
19th October 2006, 5:19 AM
I FINALLY, i repeat finally was able to view this episode. IMO, it was actually pretty good. I like the use of CG in this episode a lot. Also, I dont know why everyone finds Bonsly's voice so bad, i didnt mind it one bit. Yeah, i can be quite tolerable if need be. Yeah, that one guy sure did sound like Gary.
For Kecleon, they either had the animators make him completely invisible, or that was a specially trained Kecleon. Because it's belly stripe should not have gone invisible too.
Later on, I liked it when Ash, May and Brock sent out: Grovyle, Combusken and Marshtomp. That was a pretty cool touch.

Best line: Jessie: "If you think you can stop a girl ninja prodigy like me, you're out of your *mind* arts."
Also my favorite line. At first i could not quite comprehend what she said, but it was hilarious. That made me lol well!!

During the battle with Bonsly, I couldnt help but think "Oh no! Bonsly broke free!" Also, i heard someone say that Forretress had its japanese voice. Is this true?

Overall, not bad.

~C_L~

Anyone 4 Buttons?
19th October 2006, 4:02 PM
I thought that was a great episode, for a change. I actually laughed out loud at some points, just aswell no-one was home... It'll be cool once Bonsly evolves into Sudowoodo. I think Brock'll treat it like Forretress.

NewBrock
20th October 2006, 5:54 AM
Well, so far between its first episodes and the eighth movie, I still like Bonsly ten times more than its parent (I mean sudowoodoo, not Brock LOL). At least it doesn't have that annoying voice that makes me cringe. It was maybe a little annoying, but it was cute too.

I really liked the humor in this episode. I liked Brock going gaga over Angela and then finds himself hugging a post. His voice during the scene was off, but not too bad. James and Meowth dressing as Jessie was bizarre and hilarious at the same time. The juvenile side of me also got a good snicker at Team Rocket saying that this is not the time to be breaking wind. LOL

Overall, 6/10.

Couple of fun notes.
I was really happy with Brock's performance in this episode. He really showed a range, and I had fun doing it. The "You're not deaf" line and the "you mean I'm a father" line were so much fun to do. These were "fun to be goofy" lines.
When he freaks out and grabs for Angela and ends up hugging a tree stump, the react he gives kinda squeaked out of me. It seemed a little too high to be something that would come out of Brock, but the engineer and I loved it so much (due to it's amazing spontaneity and comic sound) that we had to keep it in.
But Brock also gets to be serious in this episode. I like when he defends Bonsly and lovingly takes care of it. I also think the line "Bonsly, I think you're all alone...but you wouldn't be if you'd agree to come with us." is one of my favorite Brock lines of the season. There's just so much heart in it. A moment tinged with sorrow followed by hope. I haven't felt this strongly about a line since I played Arima's father in Kare Kano. There's a great flashback scene where Arima has been abandoned and my character is in silhouette saying "would you like to come with me now". It's just one of those moments that moves you as an actor and you hope that it moves the audience.
And then of course, I also get to beat the crap out of myself several times, so that's better than the price of any therapist. ;)
All in all, this is a 10/10 for me. I really loved this episode.

Ninetalesuk
20th October 2006, 5:32 PM
Oh yeah... with Max leaving next season, the only way for Brock to be pulled away by girls is have Bonsly use Take Down on him... ow...

mewfan1
31st October 2006, 6:42 PM
OK, I am now officially crushed. I can't believe that everyone hates bonsly (and yes, it is Bon-sly, not Bons-lee, he is a sly bonsai tree, not the dad from Happy Days).
Much like Usohatchi, Bonsly is a high pitched baby pokemon.
He doesn't sound too terrifically different from the way 4Kids dubbed him. When I first heard him in Movie 8, I knew I wanted to voice him. I specifically requested to voice him and pretty much floored everyone in the studio when I went from Brock voice to Bonsly in this episode. Sarah insisted that it couldn't be my voice until I did it for her in person. Actually, when I did the opening sequence, I blew the levels for the engineer as he was totally not expecting that to come out of me.
Bonsly is what would happen if Frank Welker did voices for Pokemon. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Frank's work, he was Uni in the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon, he was Abu in Aladdin, Slimer in the Ghostbusters cartoon, Nibbler in Futurama and hundreds of others.
This was one of the reasons that I wanted to voice him. I have done so many different types of voices in anime, but I've never really had the chance to do a really cartoony voice. He is one of my favorite Pokemon and I really thought that he would be much better received.
I have to say that this was not the response I had expected.

(Goes off to sulk in his corner.)

"Even now, he sulks like Achilles in his tent. Achilles? The Iliad? It's Homer??? READ A BOOK!" - Handy

Hey, I thought Bonsly's voice was good.
I really liked this episode. Bonsly is one of my favorite pokemon and I loved how Bonsly banged into brock whenever Brock would flirt with a girl.

Knight_Ram
8th December 2006, 3:15 AM
Hey, I thought Bonsly's voice was good.
I really liked this episode. Bonsly is one of my favorite pokemon and I loved how Bonsly banged into brock whenever Brock would flirt with a girl.

Yes I agree with you on that Bonsly bit and the episdoe was great! Good training for Ash and the group. It was pretty sad how the three ninja picked on it. I would have got a pokemon to knock some sense into them lol. Great scene with Brock and Bonsly battling it out together. 8/10

Pacman
23rd February 2007, 5:51 AM
A interesting episode. Bonsly is alright.

flyboy1308
23rd February 2007, 7:20 AM
Brock SOOOOOO deserves Bonsly! It is the perfect Poke for him!

Shiny qwilfish of doom
13th November 2008, 9:03 PM
haha,bonsly was so cute in this episode! This episode also reminds me of naruto.

Tadashi
10th December 2008, 9:09 PM
Strange ninja theme... but seeing Ash & co in ninja gear was awesome! ^_^ a ninja, Ash is not. Brock, too. He's definitely a breeder. I'm glad he caught that Bonsly. There's a nice bond there ^^

Igottapoo
19th January 2009, 5:40 PM
Pretty good episode. Bonsly is a great fit for Brock. I miss him having rock types.

(s.i.e)
10th March 2009, 1:45 PM
this episode was fun i must say that, bonsly is a cute pokemon if you ask me.

Littlemyuu
10th March 2009, 11:06 PM
Its nice that Brock catch the Bonsly

cg_25
4th June 2009, 10:09 PM
WOW, just saw this episode for the first time.

The ninja boys voice = Gary Oak's voice.

Is it the same voice actor?

Ash-kid
22nd December 2009, 9:49 AM
Bonsly was cute.....

I think it was the first time that Brock captures a pokemon after a battle with it.

6/10

Lorde
26th December 2009, 7:07 AM
Kanto seems to be full of these ninja huh? Koga and Aya were the originals.

Anyway, great way to introduce Bonsly to the anime, though I never think of bonsai trees when I hear the word ninja. I loved the Ash and Co. worked hard to learn the ways of the ninja.

Brock deserved Bonsly, his first Baby Pokemon. 8/10

Shiny Noctowl
9th February 2010, 1:49 PM
This episode proves that everything's better with ninja. Also, Ichigo/Angela is hot. Besides Bonsly's voice, the only thing that annoyed me was how everyone added "Ninja <type> arts!" to the beginning of all of their attack commands for no reason.

Willow's Tara
20th May 2010, 7:29 AM
Not a bad episode, those three guys who picked on an obviously baby were idiots, of course he's going to run away when TR showed up, glad Angela set them straight although I would have also called them bullies.

Nice for Brock to catch it, although not a fan of it's constant crying though I know it's a baby though. How come most characters with green hair always have the shadow falling over their face, it makes them good but still.

Painkiller2001
2nd December 2010, 2:13 AM
So, was that Jimmy Zoppi doing the male ninja's voice? He sounded almost exactly like the dub Gary.

I thought he sounded like Gary also. I was thinking "Dude sounds a lot like Gary!"

This has to be the first time, that I remember, that I have seen a capture of another Pokemon fail the first time.

That was pretty cool how Ash/May/Brock sent out Marshtomp/Combusken/Grovyle.

Lance The Champ
20th December 2010, 3:06 PM
Kind of Brock to catch that Bonsly.... It was irritating

G50
26th April 2011, 11:00 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool to see Bonsly for the 1st time. I'm very glad Brock ended up catching the Bonsly. It makes a lot of sense for the gang to have 1. TR has Mime Jr., and now Brock has Bonsly after this episode. Bonsly definitely has an infantile personality, but I'm not surprised to see that. It was cool to see Fake Tears attack for the 1st time, by Bonsly.

31/100

Vernikova
9th September 2012, 2:39 AM
Yay, Brock catches a useless Pokemon in Bonsly. Good for his uselessness.

The Power of Pika
5th May 2013, 5:38 PM
I really liked this episode. It's great seeing them all doing ninja school.=3

The best part was when team rocket came in though.
Jessie looks like she's flying due to a rope and max is like "maybe she is a Ninja?=O"

I also loved their double team with meowth and james also dressed like Jessie.XD

I love team rocket blasting off.
"Victory"
"we're blasting off again"
"What did you just say?"
"ninja arts blast off technique!"XD

I liked the battle to capture bonsly. It was actually funny.=)
I also like seeing Brock fatherly side start to come through in this episode aswell. It's my favourite aspect of the later brock.^-^

Fun episode. Definately a fav.=3

Dawn+Serena Fan
27th June 2013, 11:10 PM
This was a pretty good episode, Brock catches a Bonsly. Also May looks pretty cute in her ninja attire XD

PokemontrainerY
24th July 2013, 1:34 PM
This episode was good. It was nice to see the main characters in ninja attire, also Angela was hot!
I'm glad Brock got that Bonsly at the end. Brock is a Pokemon breeder, so he's the right person to take care of it.

Painkiller2001
16th November 2014, 2:52 AM
I'm going to guess they were somewhere near Fuschia City, what with the ninja theme in the episode.

Lorde
30th November 2014, 4:58 AM
I loved Jessie imagining being a ninja; seeing her with a Starmie shuriken made me laugh and TR's ninja outfits were great overall. I loved all the ninjutsu stuff that Ash and friends practiced here including breathing through bamboo while hidden underwater. I also liked when the COTD girl and Kecleon demonstrated camouflage. Bonsly was a crybaby though.