PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Rushwood Dryad

klducks
15th December 2005, 10:30 PM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/mm/rushwood_dryad.jpghttp://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/8e/rushwood_dryad.jpg
Rushwood Dryad - Mercadian Masques, 8th Edition. Common
1G: Creature - Dryad
Forestwalk (This creature is unblockable as long as defending player controls a forest.)
Rushwood is a living jewel that reflects its dwellers' hearts.
-----
To a dryad, every tree in the forest is both a doorway and a window.
2/1

2 for a 2/1 forest walk. Sideboard worthy i guess but there really is nothing much to say about this card. Theres Elvish Archers or Elvish Warriors for main deck.

The Duck's Rating: 2/5

Shadow Trainer
15th December 2005, 10:43 PM
A 2/1 with forestwalk for two mana is OK, but IMHO this only good in the sideboard.I remember using two of these in my sideboard when I was playing Mono Green Aggro in type 2 for the Tooth and Nail match-up.Jamie Wakefield also used this card in a deck kind of like Mono Green Aggro, but almost all the creatures had forestwalk. 3/5

~RaikouRider243~
15th December 2005, 10:53 PM
I am currently playing three of these in my G/W deck. The preconstructed RAV G/W deck kept screwing me with too many high mana cards. So I took out a few of the big creatures and overcosted cards, replacing them with three Lone Wolves and three of these guys. I think they're sweet...a lot of decks use green mana in some way or another. Most of my 2/1 creatures in the deck cost at least 3 mana, so a 2/1 with landwalk turned out to be very nice. 3.5/5

Sergay Wang
15th December 2005, 11:20 PM
Vanilla creature.

At 1 toughness, it's extremely vulnerable to... virtually anything.

In today's metagame, mass removal is more common then during Mirrordin, especially since Skullclamp and Disciple of the Vault was a major horror for removal.

Anyway, as 2 mana creatures go, Rushwood Dryad isn't anywhere amazing. 2/1 and Forestwalk compared to say... Humble Budoka, which was 2/2 creature that cannot be target of spells or abilities. Or... Loam Dweller, which was 2/2 and spiritcrafted a land into play. Or even Quirion Dryad, which is 1/1 and gets bigger when you play White/Blue/Black/Red spells.

Anyway, being a Dryad reduces the perks as well. There are no Dryad decks =(

Anyway, since it's vanilla, it gets a 2/5.