PDA

View Full Version : champ advice anyone???

BulbasaurB.k.
16th December 2005, 1:24 AM
Hi, I need some advice on what pokemon to use on the champion in crystal any tips would be nice.

Thanks,
;001; BulbasaurB.k. ;001;

Pika_Princess
16th December 2005, 2:32 AM
Well, well, well. I just beat him 10 minutes ago, so I can give you some tips...
First, Lance's pokemon are beetween 45 and 50; I suggest leveling your pokemon to at least level 40 or so before taking on the e4 (If you are saved right in front of him, that probably won't help)
Lance has 3 dragonite, an areodactl (sp?), a charizard, and a gyrados. For the gyrados, one electric attack should pretty much kill it.
In fact, sonce all his pokemon are part flying, it wouldn't be bad to have an electric type with you.
For areodactl and charzard, use some water attacks like surf. Watch out for areodactls ancient power.
Did I mention that they all have hyper beam? Make sure that you send out something with high hp/defense. However, if they can survive, his pokemon take a turn to recharge, so you can heal yourself, or strike back.
Now to cover the dragonite. One knows blizzard, one knows thunder, and one knows fire blast; I think that is the order but I am not sure. My point: they can also wipe you in one turn if you are caught offguard.
They are especially weak to ice attacks; equip a pokemon with ice punch, or use on that uses ice beam. Otherwise, they are also weak to dragon and rock; be careful if you send out your own dragon!
Congrats- now you are the champ. BE SURE TO LET THE GAME SAVE...I turned it off too soon and had to beat him again...
pikapras

EDIT: I forgot to mention-if you don't have an ice, rock, or dragon type, the dragonites are still defeatable. However, they are especially resistant to water, fire, and grass, so don't attempt to use these types!

BulbasaurB.k.
16th December 2005, 12:04 PM
Well, well, well. I just beat him 10 minutes ago, so I can give you some tips...
First, Lance's pokemon are beetween 45 and 50; I suggest leveling your pokemon to at least level 40 or so before taking on the e4 (If you are saved right in front of him, that probably won't help)
Lance has 3 dragonite, an areodactl (sp?), a charizard, and a gyrados. For the gyrados, one electric attack should pretty much kill it.
In fact, sonce all his pokemon are part flying, it wouldn't be bad to have an electric type with you.
For areodactl and charzard, use some water attacks like surf. Watch out for areodactls ancient power.
Did I mention that they all have hyper beam? Make sure that you send out something with high hp/defense. However, if they can survive, his pokemon take a turn to recharge, so you can heal yourself, or strike back.
Now to cover the dragonite. One knows blizzard, one knows thunder, and one knows fire blast; I think that is the order but I am not sure. My point: they can also wipe you in one turn if you are caught offguard.
They are especially weak to ice attacks; equip a pokemon with ice punch, or use on that uses ice beam. Otherwise, they are also weak to dragon and rock; be careful if you send out your own dragon!
Congrats- now you are the champ. BE SURE TO LET THE GAME SAVE...I turned it off too soon and had to beat him again...
pikapras

EDIT: I forgot to mention-if you don't have an ice, rock, or dragon type, the dragonites are still defeatable. However, they are especially resistant to water, fire, and grass, so don't attempt to use these types!

All this is about the elite4and their champ. I meant the champ in Mt. Silver! Sorry.

T.Z
16th December 2005, 12:12 PM
His pokés are around 70-80 if I'm correct. His Pikachu is easily beaten with a well-aimed EQ. His other pokémon should go down pretty easy with a Legendary but If you're on of those "Legys are cheatys" then use a pokémon with rockslide agains't Charizard, A strong fire pokémon agains't Venusaur, A really strong electric pokémon agains't Blastoise (Those are easy when played right). Espeon get's a little harder. I suggest using Tyranitar with Crunch. The hardest one IMO is Snorlax because of his massive defensive stats. My Lugia at level 90 needed a couple of Aeroblasts before he went down. Try a figthing pokémon, but watch for his rest.

The fights are easier than you think. Just use the correct pokémon agains't the correct pokémon so to say. I never used a strategy, I just nuked him. If you can't do it, then go train your pokés or dupe some RC's.

Finnmonster
16th December 2005, 7:39 PM
Talking about his Snorlax... Revelsal-Hitmonlee is good against it. Not the best of all, but good. Gengar might be good, too. Unfortunately I can't remember Snorlax's moveset. If the Snorlax uses Rest, then you could use Dream Eater.
Attracters are good, too, because Rest doesn't heal infatuation (I think so). To lower Char's speed, use Thunder Wave. Those kind of things might help during the battle.

Pika_Princess
16th December 2005, 10:37 PM
All this is about the elite4and their champ. I meant the champ in Mt. Silver! Sorry.

Oops. (anyone ELSE need to beat lance?)

The snorlax is by far the hardest. If you can put in something like leech seed or curse, he won't be able to rest it off. Also, if it does use rest, you could use a high-level fighter to knock it out in two turns while it sleeps.
Could you use a pokmon with spite? That would reduce its ability to rest.
Like many normal types, snorlax has extremely high sp. def and HP, so DO NOT attempt to kill it with special attacks.
One final last-ditch attempt:fissure. If you're lucky, you will get a hit while it is sleeping.
good luck!
pikapras

Altmer
17th December 2005, 9:18 AM
Use a varied team and you will EASILY beat anyone on Crystal. Heck I did it on my third try with a grass mono.

2kool4skool
19th December 2005, 5:46 PM
Use a varied team and you will EASILY beat anyone on Crystal. Heck I did it on my third try with a grass mono.
It gave me a good laugh how you said that you should use a varied team but you were using a grass monotype. I just thought that was a little funny. On topic, if you are really that worried about beating him just find out what his team is and train a pokemon to beat each of them. My brother did that and it kind of made it boring. I haven't beat him in my Crystal yet so I'm just kind of winging it this time.

Altmer
19th December 2005, 7:08 PM
I use monotypes because using standard teams makes it boring for me, even when you add into the mix that Butterfree is a staple on my ingame teams. ;)

BulbasaurB.k.
22nd December 2005, 4:57 PM
Thanks for your help everyone! I beat Him a few days ago.My team was:

Meganium:65
Meganium:65
Bayleef: 45
Ponyta: 40
Gyrados: 45
Noctowl:30
I thankyou all for your advice!;154; :surfpika: