PDA

View Full Version : who's your least favorite charater

Shadow phoenix
16th December 2005, 3:56 PM
on the pokémon animé mine is ash or max both are stupid in my opinion max makes pokémon seem more kiddish while ash is just stupid

intergalactic platypus
16th December 2005, 4:06 PM
max hands down. he is SO....INCREDIBLY....ANNOYING imo. i really hate eps focusing around him, cause i find him to be a know it all brat *is shot by anime purists*. i dont like brock either because hes kind of useless, but he doesnt annoy me to the extent that max does

PDL
16th December 2005, 4:09 PM
oh this will end well

I guess Max, but I don't really hate him too much... though I wanted to smack him when he was first introduced...

Misty isn't really my favourite anymore, the Jotho writers and her fanbase ruined her...

CyberCubed
16th December 2005, 4:39 PM
Aw, stop hating on Max people. Not only is he amusing and shows hope for the future, but he's also related to May. That gives him bonus points doesn't it?

Anyway I don't especially care for Drew, but that's mainly for the fanbase and not because of the character himself.

Gravy
16th December 2005, 4:43 PM
Masato is an awesome character. They're just not doing enough with him and are dragging his potential through the dirt.

My least favourite character is Benny, Wobbuffet's previous trainer. His whole attitude just stunk.
Him and Munchlax.

See? Its possible to state your least favourite character without mindlessly bashing them.

Roses Ablaze
16th December 2005, 5:40 PM
I dislike May, Erika, Harley, Benny, and that one girl who caught the swimming Rhydon. May is too girly and has too many fanboys drooling over her boobs, Erika was both unecessarily b*tchy without being funny and too girly (two strikes against her personality IMO), Harley's just a jerk and should be disqualified as a coordinator, and Benny and the other girl support the perception that Pokemon are treated as objects/slaves (which I don't like).

fanderichie
16th December 2005, 5:46 PM
I don't like at all: Takeshi, Kasumi and Haruka

Harley's just a jerk and should be disqualified as a coordinator

Harley is an awesome coordinator, his appeals are the best, and only because the writers don't want him to beat Haruka, doesn't mean he's a bad coordinator, after all he was in the Grand festival.

Roses Ablaze
16th December 2005, 5:48 PM
I was more referring to the cheating and shady tactics :/ I didn't say he was a bad coordinator.

Michiko
16th December 2005, 5:48 PM
I dislike May because she is too sweet and girly. I have been a fan of her for 2 years but now I see her as a cute sweetie who is lucky. Her poke- babies are annoying too, they win every match. May is a female version of Ash: lucky trainer with cute and powerful team.

no offence for her fans^^

Gravy
16th December 2005, 5:49 PM
and that one girl who caught the swimming Rhydon.
Add her to my list of dislikes also. She was the most awful filler character in this show's history.

fanderichie
16th December 2005, 5:55 PM
I was more referring to the cheating and shady tactics :/ I didn't say he was a bad coordinator.

I think his "shady tactics" are the best, but anyway...I didn't mean to sound rude, it's just that I thought you were talking about how he is as a coordinator and I only told you what I think.

Shadowfaith
16th December 2005, 5:57 PM
Max is one of the few characters I actually like in the Anime, I love his 'I know everything attitude' XD...normally I can't stand such a personality, but because he's a cute little kid, I'll make an exception.

Anyways, I cannot stand both May and Brock....but Brock most of all, he's endless attempts to try and win a girl drives me insane...he just CANNOT take the hint and quit already...I have to say that it is pretty tiering XP

PDL
16th December 2005, 5:57 PM
Add her to my list of dislikes also. She was the most awful filler character in this show's history.

I thought the boy who wanted to train pidgey to be mail cairrers was the worst filler character...

Geki
16th December 2005, 6:00 PM
I hate May a lot. She is a character that takes spotlight away from Ash and she competes in contests, and she sucks, but she always wins. Other then that, I find her voice and expressions and stuff to be very annoying.

Blue_Poliwhirl24
16th December 2005, 6:07 PM
Favourite char(s): Ash/Misty
Least favourite char(s): Harley/Meowth/Max

How can Harley be a guy, seriously? He does look very girly...^^''
Meowth is really annoying with his weird ideas for Giovanni...
Max is annoying at times, he such a know-it-all (or tries to be) and he's just like eight years old...he should shut his mouth at times...the only good thing with him really is that he is smart for his age...

Gravy
16th December 2005, 6:16 PM
I thought the boy who wanted to train pidgey to be mail cairrers was the worst filler character...
He was as boring as hell and had an incredibly weak idea for a future career, but he was a nice enough kid at least. That girl on the other hand was just plain heartless and a total b*tch :P

She is a character that takes spotlight away from Ash
And thats bad how? Seriously, after almost 7 straight years with plot focus solely on Ash, its nice to have another character that develops (no pun intended) as the series goes on. It shakes things up and makes the show a lot more varied.

and she sucks, but she always wins.
She knows how to strategise, she knows how to use attacks to her advantage. She doesn't battle any differently than Ash does.
The only things you can hold against her are the whole Squirtle and Skitty fiasco. In every other battle she's had, she's won on skill alone.

When someone finds humorous expressions annoying, then something t'aint right.

taitofan
16th December 2005, 6:35 PM
*is depressed by the Masato/Haruka/Harley hate*

Haruka's Zenigame is the worst character ever in my opinion. When it was standing on top of Ariados-chan looking all smug... I wanted to fry the little bugger. And that's putting it very nicely. I doubt it can redeem itself in my eyes no matter what it does...

I don't really hate any humans, though a few minor characters have been annoying... Like Kojirou's parents for example. I used to hate Kasumi, but I think she's pretty cool now. Hoso did wonders. <3

Tropical Spirit
16th December 2005, 6:40 PM
'lil Zenigame. Period. After that little spawn of the devil...

1)Satoshi. Just... no, K?
2)Takeshi. omgzawesumcharikterlulwut? No.
3)Kasumi. "Hi I'm clich&#233; and got even more boring when Johto came!"
4)Haruka. "Hi I'm a clich&#233; Mary-Sue!"
...Yep. :<

DSRGBA
16th December 2005, 6:57 PM
max...max...MAX

Hao Kaiser
16th December 2005, 7:05 PM
I never really could tolerate Misty. I don't know what it is, she just makes me angry every time I see her. Togepi annoyed the crap out of me too.

At the moment though, I really like the charecters. Ash is a lot less anoying compared to pre-AG, Brock has always been "Meh" , but he doesn't bother me, aside from when he always states the obvious (Take note that I have no experience with the original, so it may not be that way in the original... I wouldn't know) . And Max is cool too... I guess.

Chris
16th December 2005, 7:11 PM
Okay, time to crack down on a few things.

max makes pokémon seem more kiddish while ash is just stupid
y halo thar! Pokémon IS a kids show, you know. How does Masato make it "more kiddish?" And could you explain your reasons for claiming Satoshi's stupid?

i really hate eps focusing around him, cause i find him to be a know it all brat
Someone obviously did not see the Ralts episode yet. ;\ And last I checked, episodes focusing on him show more of his character rather than the know it all attitude he tends to bring up every now and then.

May is too girly
God forbid we don't have a girly girl in the show. Apparently we must fill it up with tomboys up the wazoo! e_e

Harley's just a jerk and should be disqualified as a coordinator
What for? Being a jerk doesn't constitute as a reason to disqualify them. Otherwise, Shigeru would've been hurled out of the Pokémon league long ago. Same goes for Shuu with contests.

Cheating? I didn't see ANY kind of cheating on his behalf. No where in the rules does it say you can't catch your opponent off guard by distracting them. Nor are there any rules stating one cannot distract them during a fight.

I dislike May because she is too sweet and girly. I have been a fan of her for 2 years but now I see her as a cute sweetie who is lucky. Her poke- babies are annoying too, they win every match. May is a female version of Ash: lucky trainer with cute and powerful team.
Again, god forbid we have ONE girly girl on the show as opposed to the huge amount of tomboys we had. Lucky? She only really got lucky when it came to Eneko and Zenigame. Last I checked, Wakashamo wasn't a "baby." e_e Neither was Agehunt.

Anyways, I cannot stand both May and Brock....but Brock most of all, he's endless attempts to try and win a girl drives me insane...he just CANNOT take the hint and quit already...I have to say that it is pretty tiering XP
Nothing wrong with a guy who doesn't quit. ;\ If anything, I can relate quite abit with Takeshi in the department of being rejected by the women he falls for. XD

I hate May a lot. She is a character that takes spotlight away from Ash and she competes in contests, and she sucks, but she always wins. Other then that, I find her voice and expressions and stuff to be very annoying.
1) Haruka is the second main character. She's not a sign character. She's a main character.

2) Satoshi gets MORE screentime than her and when she does get screentime, it's usually during a capture, evolution or training for/competing in a Contest.

3) She doesn't always win, either. Where'd you get that one from?

4) Haruka's an animated character. If you're going to hate the voice behind the character, hate the voice actress. If you're refering to the English voice (which you probably are), then blame Veronica Taylor.

How can Harley be a guy, seriously? He does look very girly...^^''
Meowth is really annoying with his weird ideas for Giovanni...
Max is annoying at times, he such a know-it-all (or tries to be) and he's just like eight years old...he should shut his mouth at times...the only good thing with him really is that he is smart for his age...
1) Guys aren't always muscle-bound and manly. Harley's hardly feminine looking. He just has feminine actions. o_O If you wanna question anyone's gender, question Haku from Naruto.

2) What's so annoying about the chibi-Sakaki fantasies or seeing the complete opposite of Sakaki's actual reaction?

3) "Tries to be a know-it-all?" The kid studies quite a lot and DOES know a lot. What's wrong with him showing off his knowledge? For a kid his age, it's GOOD that he knows so much. Compare that to how much Satoshi and Haruka knew when they first started off. >_>

It seems to me that a lot of you have absolutely no idea what you're babbling about. ;\

AV_ROcK-Dark-TB
16th December 2005, 7:55 PM
1.Ash=annoying Iam soo tired of him.
2.Team Rocket=tired

Shadowfaith
16th December 2005, 8:15 PM
Nothing wrong with a guy who doesn't quit. ;\ If anything, I can relate quite abit with Takeshi in the department of being rejected by the women he falls for. XD

I just find it tiering, he would be an alright character, but I just can't stand one thing over and over again...opinnion is all...XP

AMiller
16th December 2005, 8:22 PM
I don't like Max very much, so I'd say he's my least favorite.

CyberCubed
16th December 2005, 8:26 PM
I just find it tiering, he would be an alright character, but I just can't stand one thing over and over again...opinnion is all...XP

Errr...but the whole show is the same thing over and over again. Misty pulling Brock by the ear? Max pulling Brock by the ear? Team Rocket's Giovanni daydreams? TR doing more or less the same thing in every episode? Ash going to Gyms for 9+ seasons and over 400+ episodes.

Anyway I don't blame Brock. He's obviously desperately trying to get laid, but the poor guy comes on too strong so he never gets the girl. I mean seriously, all he does is tag along with Ash but that's not exactly helping his own goal. The reason why Brock sticks with Ash is not only because he's his best friend, but because Brock knows he'll meet many pretty girls on Ash's travels.

Why stop a man who is only trying to fullfill his destiny? He's been desperately trying to use his love machine for over 400+ episodes, the guy needs a break and you can't help but relate to him. He'll probably start a family and have like 8 kids just like his parents did.

Komedic Konservationist
16th December 2005, 8:30 PM
Hmmmm, least favourite character? Probably Misty. She's irraratating and extreamly overrated: plus I despise her clothes. Brock's a little stale and cliched.
Other than that, the characters are fine.

Medea
16th December 2005, 8:31 PM
Max is such an annoying brat (enough said).
Jessie is too much of a diva (for my liking).

There you have it, my two least favorite characters!

Momoko Lover
16th December 2005, 8:37 PM
I don't like Brock, he doesn't have a really good reason to be in the show, except cook stuff. It seems like he sort of abandoned the whole pokemon breeder thing, too.

Shadowfaith
16th December 2005, 8:46 PM
Errr...but the whole show is the same thing over and over again. Misty pulling Brock by the ear? Max pulling Brock by the ear? Team Rocket's Giovanni daydreams? TR doing more or less the same thing in every episode? Ash going to Gyms for 9+ seasons and over 400+ episodes.

Which is why I don't watch the anime anymore :p

I onl watched up to the end of the Jhoto league and that was it, because it was the same thing over and over again...Brock kust annoyed me...everyone has a character they dislike.

I only every so often watch the advanced battle episodes...

Chris
16th December 2005, 9:00 PM
He's obviously desperately trying to get laid,
Don't confuse finding love with finding tail. :P

Roses Ablaze
16th December 2005, 9:14 PM
[SIZE=1]God forbid we don't have a girly girl in the show. Apparently we must fill it up with tomboys up the wazoo! e_eGod forbid not every person in the world enjoys watching that kind of character.[/QUOTE]

Phantom_Bugsy
16th December 2005, 9:23 PM
Let's see.

Ash, Brock, May, Team Rocket, Misty, Flannery, Lucy and Hinata.

Ash because he's getting annoying and stale, Brock because he really isn't serving too much of a purpose in the show right now, May because of her n00by fanbase and I just hate girly girls anyway, Team Rocket because if they're going to be villians they should at least be somewhat of a threat, Misty because she's just ANNOYING and really nothing special, Flannery and Lucy because Flannery made me want to KILL something she was that annoying and Lucy scares the crap out of me, and Hinata because she looks like a sl*t. :3

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
16th December 2005, 9:29 PM
she dosen't win all the time, she lost in her first contest, another contest, lost the grand festival....

but I hate Max, he is annoying, if wasn't for the pokenav he would be kinda pointless, except for his general knowledge whch he does get wrong sometimes......
I do enjoy the sibling-rivalry though (when May and Max fight!)

chosen_one386
16th December 2005, 9:59 PM
Let's see.... Team Rocket!
(Can I include the story writers?)
The anime should have at least one occuring team that is a threat! I mean, the rediculous motto (over and over, I'm just sick of it!!!!!!!!!!!), the uncool uniforms (hello, um had them for 8 seasons now, without a change!), and the Meowth fantosies. Shesh, they are the worst! I used to respect Giovanni, but now....
The story writers got rid of the two best teams ever in the anime! I could just kill them!!!!!!! Let's look at them, too.
Motto: Have none! Mottos are kinda tacky. (unless they are used in a rap- like song.
Uniforms:Hello! Team Magma's and Aqua's uniforms are so cool! It's hard to think which one of the two is best.
Leaders: Maxie rules! I like Archie, too. They were a bigger threat then Giovanni and Team Rocket ever were!!!!!!!!
So, putting it simple, Team Magma and Aqua rule, Team Rocket sucks! Death to the writers of the anime! DEATH!!!!!!!!

Mizu Kasumi
16th December 2005, 10:38 PM
Hmmm... My least favourite character? Haven't really decided that yet... Hmmm... I'll get back to you guys on that.

Heracross
16th December 2005, 10:47 PM
If Haruka's Zenigame is considered a character then it is hands down the biggest object of my hatred in the entire show. I just hate how it's all babyish and helpless all the time yet it pulls a major win over an experienced opponent completely out of its *** with almost no prior training. And to add insult to injury it has to climb on top of Ariados and do that disgusting little gloating muscle flex. *hurls on keyboard*

Rommie-Angel
16th December 2005, 11:14 PM
I DON'T LIKE ASH! hes stupid

PDL
16th December 2005, 11:19 PM

character bashing isn't kosher around here... please don't do it.

Komedic Konservationist
16th December 2005, 11:26 PM
If Haruka's Zenigame is considered a character then it is hands down the biggest object of my hatred in the entire show. I just hate how it's all babyish and helpless all the time yet it pulls a major win over an experienced opponent completely out of its *** with almost no prior training. And to add insult to injury it has to climb on top of Ariados and do that disgusting little gloating muscle flex. *hurls on keyboard*
Yes, that bit sickened me. *Barfs* If Pokemon count as characters, then I dislike............
May's Squirtle: Heracross already explained.
Brock's Marshtomp: It's flat and pointless: and I can't stand the Mudkip line to begin with, so ya.
Brock's Forretress: Same as b4, except that actually like Pineco/Forretress as a whole.
Ash's Pikachu: Annoying as hell. Blech!
Ash's Charizard: Because of this overpowered wannabe, Charizard is now disgustingly overrated, and it just p*sses me off.
But the rest are fine.

mannyguy
16th December 2005, 11:51 PM
1.MAX gets on my last black nerve. i don't know what the creators were smoking when they indroduced him, but he is so annoying.
2. Lets face it.. MAY is only in the show because they needed more girls to watch Pokemon and Misty was too tomboish..just how many 7 year olds want to be like ash, they needed a girl that others could look up too. I am ok with may, she doesn't annoy me but she really isn much of a character...
3. Brock is so annoying too

The Big Al
16th December 2005, 11:54 PM
Let's run through the list
May: If you haven't noticed, I hate May. Her lucky streak really kills the show and is a turn off. Add in an awful dub voice and she's an awful character. Not mention some of her dearest fans on this forum make me want to hurl. (You know who you are.)

May's Squirtle: As Heracross said, I want to kill that terapin. I didn't like it from the start and my disgust for it has only grown. I also hate the fact its biggest fan is a major douche.

May's Skitty: I hated that disgusting pink fur ball. I never liked cats but Skitty drove me bonkers. It was such a ditz of a Pokemon. Then it got assist and I really started to hate it because once again May was depending completely on luck and not any kind of skill. Add the fact the writers had to have her WIN the contest against Phantom (who was much more deserving of the ribbon) and you have one horrible accuse for a Pokemon.

May's Munchlax: It's just like May's Skitty, it's an over showcased mascot for the 4th Gen., it's ugly, it beat Vileplume, what more could you want to hate that thing.

Max: He's so annoying.

Chris
17th December 2005, 6:26 AM
God forbid not every person in the world enjoys watching that kind of character.
Compare ONE girly character to TWO consistant tomboyish and rough girls that was/is still around since pretty much the begining of the show.

With Haruka's case, they were going with variety. Before Haruka came around, all we saw were tomboys, tempermental girls, and the ever so rare elegant and shy girls. Plus, apparently people have forgotten Haruka's age and that her age also counts as a factor for her personality. ;\

I'd rather there be variety than see the same amount of boring girls.

Btw people, if you're gonna name a character, SAY MORE OTHER THAN "SO-AND-SO IS ANNOYING!" It's basically character bashing if you don't even give a logical explanation.

Orion-Sama
17th December 2005, 6:33 AM
I really don't have a least favorite character. I have favorites and most are in-between. However...

There's Jasmine. Her Anime personna ruined the timid and nice girl she used to be in the games. Yes, I know very well that Anime =/= Games, but it's very sad to see how after pretty much every other Johto GYM Leader was portrayed in an even better way in the Anime, Jasmine was completely butchered. Going from a shy, nice girl to your average "I'm better than you!" Trainer is just bad. I don't hate her, but I seriously preferred her Game character... and it's also sad they decided to change her only, and leave all other GYM Leaders the same AND with nifty add-ons to their character. Not fair...

intergalactic platypus
17th December 2005, 5:12 PM
i used to like may a lot, but her fanbase is turning me off of her. the most devoted of them are fanatical, pasting pics of her all over their sigs creating gallerys about her and making shrines to her. shes a fun character, but when people go crazy about her in a way that makes the other characters fanbases look mild IMO it really starts to bother me. plus, i get sick of all the boys who are in love with her cause shes so *cough* well developed, and who constantly talk about how sexy they thinks she is. they dont spare a single oppurtunity to go off about how hot she is. im sorry if i made everyone mad, but i honestly am turned off majorly by her fanbase. and i dont mean to offend her many reasonable fans. her characters fine, her fans are horrible IMO

CyberCubed
17th December 2005, 5:22 PM
And this is different from Drew fangirls how? :p

Girls do the same thing when obsessing over anime guys, there is no difference.

cold_katanagirl
17th December 2005, 5:40 PM
Misty: She's just one of those characters that gets on my nerves. Don't hate her nearly as much since she's hardly on anymore and whatnot, but she's... Meh, I consider her a "unexplainable pet peeve".

Strange that I like May though, because normally girly girls annoy me. Normally.

... We need a REAL tomboy in the group. Misty didn't cut it. =/

Meowth: Another unexplainable pet peeve. [/lame] Just looking at him really bothers me.

And a couple of filler characters who's name I don't remember. Mostly girl filler characters if you care. Especially that chick who wanted the Rhydon.

Chris
17th December 2005, 5:44 PM
And this is different from Drew fangirls how? :p

Girls do the same thing when obsessing over anime guys, there is no difference.
Or so you think. >_> Fanboys generally fawn over the girls. Fangirls throw the guys they fangirl over into sexual situations with other guys. D:

And they say guys are more perverted.

PDL
17th December 2005, 5:50 PM
how come there's so much hatred for Pietra (the girl from the swimming Rhydon episode)?

Fangirls throw the guys they fangirl over into sexual situations with other guys. D:

technically, fanboys do the same thing with their favourite characters, but are much less open about it... mainly because girls here will go apeshit and cause a ruckus about it...

Yamato-san
17th December 2005, 7:16 PM
technically, fanboys do the same thing with their favourite characters, but are much less open about it... mainly because girls here will go apeshit and cause a ruckus about it...

nah, we just wanna f*** 'em. The way I see it, we males tend to place them in heterosexual situations with other characters from that series because we can invision ourselves being the guy there, or perhaps we think either character is deserving enough to get some, either way. Even if several guys are very interested in lesbians (and according to stereotypes of mainstream media, a lot of guys are), we'd rather focus more time pairing them up with a member of the opposite sex, IOW us.

Anyway, Haruka's Zenigame.... you can see enough of my comments about it in the spoilers and episode discussion forums, but my reasons are the same as the previous ones stated. It was an annoying crybaby at first, then it immediately went to being friggin cheap with no training at all, humiliating Harley a third time when it really wasn't necessary for Haruka to win that ribbon (these writers better make up for that with the Harley appearance that's coming up), also belittling Satoshi's Yukiwarashi, who took about 10 episodes to perform Ice Beam correctly. And, honestly, a Zenigame was just unneeded in the first place. We don't need more Fire/Leaf ads stuffed down our throats, and I never really found the species as cute as it's made out to be (actually, the first Ken Sugimori artwork and game sprite are pretty cute, but there was something about the anime's rendition that seemed off. It looked pretty cool when it wore sunglasses, but as soon as Satoshi's Zenigame removed those for the first time, I cringed at those eyes. Anime-wise, even before this fiasco with Haruka's, I'd say this has always been my least favorite basic starter). As if not being that cute isn't enough, they tried too hard making Haruka's seem cute to the point that it's just too sickeningly sweet.... I really hate that baby girl voice most of all.

I can agree that Eneko's pretty cheap after the Samayouru battle, but unlike Zenigame, I still like it because I actually find it to be pretty cute (aww... and Nyaasu had a crush on her ^^). Besides, by the time it won that contest, it had gotten in plenty of training (it didn't immediately participate in the first contest after it Haruka got it, like the turtle), seemed perfectly capable of taking down some opponent. The problem is, the writers just executed that a bit.... uh.... moronically, having a Blizzard plow through a Hyper Beam and all. I can bet everyone that if Oosubame sliced through an Ice Beam without freezing and delivered a one-hit KO on Kaede's Todozeruga in spite of the fact that it took out two of her Pokemon earlier, you'd all be calling BS on that as well.

Crystal Clair
18th December 2005, 5:13 PM
I dont really hate anyone through the series except the special 4
Lance: because he's usually up against Clair and Clair automatically pwns him in my world. And besides I'm a diehard DraggirlShipper (ClairxDraggirlLiza) so anyone who gets in my way with that ship is dead (sorry if I offended anyone)
Jasmine: she steals the spotlight from all the other Johto gymleaders a lot even though Whitney does too but I really like Whitney because she's pretty. I was thinking of liking jaz but Phantom Bugsy told me that if I began liking her, she'd be the only jasmine hater around.
Adan: for the simple reason he kicked Mikuri's butt off the show, other than that he's pretty funny looking
Tetsuya: although I have to make the final decision when his episodes air, I automatically dont like him because I feel he's overrated and overliked.
Ash, May and Brock just annoy me but I still like them kinda. Max sounds pretty annoying in the dub but he's just too cute. I dont think I've ever hated Misty though, Kenji is another story.
Darn, my post is so long, but I do that a lot

Kabuto
18th December 2005, 5:23 PM
Hmmm

Tracey, Max, Drew, Harley, especially Team Rocket , and most filler characters.

Yes I hate alot of people in the show because they are annoying and repetitive.

~Flareon~
18th December 2005, 5:28 PM
My least favourite characters: Gary, May, Max, Richie and Team Rocket.

Californian_DJ
19th December 2005, 1:42 AM
I never liked Tracy, no idea why though. Max is one of my least favourite character ever, he's just annoying and his 'referring-to-Pok&#233;mon-as-if-they-were-characters-from-a-videogame' just annoys me to no end. I'm also getting a bit tired with team Rocket, but well, they have been the main villians since ep 2, so I guess they can't be replaced...

my favourites are Ash and Misty (especially together) oh and PIkachu....I know many ppl around here don't like him, but I liked the little guy since the very beginning, plu's it's a great electric type, one of the best imo...if I don't count Jolteon, but in my eyes nothing can beat an Eevee or any of it's evolutions...and I don''t count any legendaries as they are of a totally different class.

;133;Californian DJ ;133;

Jo-Jo
19th December 2005, 3:16 AM
My least favourite character is probably May. Not like I hate her (any more), but her fanbase gives me a headache at times - going on and on and ON like that about a ten-year-old's breasts is just creepy, I'm sorry. And it annoys me that she gets so much credit for being this supposedly wonderful, innovative character who's single-handedly responsible for refreshing the anime, when she's actually a fairly bog-standard, cutesy anime-girl stereotype. I mean, what can you really say about her except that she's girly and nice? I think it's great that the writers introduced a heroine, and they've handled May's contest quest very well, along with the various relationships she has with the other characters, but her personality is a bit lacking, IMO. I hate to make the obvious comparison, but I still think Misty (the Misty of seasons 1-3, at least) was a far stronger character. But that's another topic. ;)

Aside from her, there are a few others who bug me. Misty from Johto onwards was just appalling - that's the writers' faults, not hers. May's Squirtle is irritating because they're trying too hard to make it cute, and it isn't working (that could be me - I've always thought Squirtle the least cute of all the starters). And AG!Ash is rather bland and boring. (edit) Oh, and Tracey, of course. What the hell was that about? Thank God the writers came to their senses early and brought Brock back.

Flame Haze SnS
19th December 2005, 6:17 AM
Jessie and Harley. I never liked them.

Jessie - She would get her hands on any pokemon, especially from the trainers. She always destroyed historically stuffs like a giant pokeball that holds giant Claydol. She even calls them by any mean names.

Harley - At first, I thought he was nice, but then he got so rage when May said that the cookie is okay (jeeze, since when did Harley got so sensitive about the cookies or what other people thinks about the cookies?) and decided to exposed May's embarrast past to the whole crowd.

Chris
19th December 2005, 6:24 AM
Harley - At first, I thought he was nice, but then he got so rage when May said that the cookie is okay (jeeze, since when did Harley got so sensitive about the cookies or what other people thinks about the cookies?) and decided to exposed May's embarrast past to the whole crowd.
If I remember correctly, the Japanese version's reason was because of the way she spoke considering she has a quirk with saying "kamo" at the end of some setences. Similar to Naruto's "datte ba yo." Not to mention, she did insult his Noctus by saying it was scary looking.

GreenKirby
19th December 2005, 8:29 PM
May is the worst. She is very lame and stupid. She called Treecko creepy and said negative comments about Grovyle. She is no good.

Drew is nothing more than a boring Gary clone.

Chris
19th December 2005, 8:32 PM
May is the worst. She is very lame and stupid. She called Treecko creepy and said negative comments about Grovyle. She is no good.
God forbid someone has an opinion that clashes with yours. e_e Not everyone thinks the same thing about certain things, including Pokémon. Or did you miss the point where Harley was angry with Haruka for calling his Noctus "kinda scary" looking? Obviously he thinks differently about that. Think before you say anything stupid like you just did.

Drew is nothing more than a boring Gary clone.
This I will agree with, however.

Komedic Konservationist
19th December 2005, 8:47 PM
Jessie and Harley. I never liked them.

Jessie - She would get her hands on any pokemon, especially from the trainers. She always destroyed historically stuffs like a giant pokeball that holds giant Claydol. She even calls them by any mean names.

Errrrrrrrr, that's because she's a villein. Villeins are not meant to be likable; they're supposed to destroy/steal/ect........

GreenKirby
19th December 2005, 9:08 PM
Am I supossed to like her because she doesn't keep her mouth shut when she says negative things about my favorite evolutionary line? Why do you think Harley started hating her? I wouldn't be saying Cacturne is scary in front of a guy who dresses like a Cacturne or any pokemon for that matter.

Gravy
19th December 2005, 9:28 PM
She called Treecko creepy and said negative comments about Grovyle. She is no good.
Then, an astounding 6 episodes later:
"They're so cute!"

And in a number of episodes
"Grovyle's so cool!"
"Grovyle is awesome!"

Jesse GS the II
19th December 2005, 9:29 PM
I'll probably go with Kenji. Not just because he was a product of Shogakukan caving to 4Kids, but because he was utterly useless.

intergalactic platypus
19th December 2005, 9:41 PM
whats with all the tracey haters? i love tracey....but yeah may is worst fanbase, brock is most useless, meowth is most annoying, and max is overall worst IMO

The Big Al
19th December 2005, 9:49 PM
Am I supossed to like her because she doesn't keep her mouth shut when she says negative things about my favorite evolutionary line? Why do you think Harley started hating her? I wouldn't be saying Cacturne is scary in front of a guy who dresses like a Cacturne or any pokemon for that matter.
No. However, I'd build a better arguement for not liking May. I could write an essay about my dislike (and times disgust) for her character. Basing your claim that she is the "worst" on her calling Cacturne scary is a little thin.

Kabuto
19th December 2005, 9:51 PM
Out of Team Rocket, Meowth is actually the only one that i don't dislike so much. His backstory is interesting and his boss visions are kind of funny. Jessie and James are the ones with weak Pokemon and their awful motto in which i actually mute my TV when it comes on. Wobbufet used to rock but its pokeball release has become repetitive. Mays fanbase isn't that bad compared to some, every character has a bad fanbase though (tracey also). Brock isn't useless, hes my favorite because hes hilarious, and any episode with him starring turns out to be good. Only his flirting has become annoying. Don't forget he cooks for the group. Max ill have to agree that hes annoying but not as bad as Team Rocket.

The Benmeister
19th December 2005, 10:44 PM
I wouldn't say I dislike any character. But I have this personal hate at Team Rocket for APPEARING IN EVERY SINGLE EPISODE!!!!!!!!! (par 2) I mean c'mon, can't they have a few episode's rest now and then? Don't get me wrong, they're great, but Ash and co. need a break sometimes (it sometimes scares me that the group are STILL falling for Team Rocket's disguises and traps).

Iveechan
19th December 2005, 10:56 PM
Anyone who is cruel to a Hitmonchan or uses one in atrocious way is hated in my book. But sense we are naming names, these one-off characters I despise.

Anthony and Rebecca from "The Punchy Pokemon!"

They are total hipocrits. For one thing, what is Rebecca's logic behind "if you defeat my father's Hitmonchan, maybe he'll start paying more attention to our family"? Wouldn't it want to make her father strive harder and train the Hitmonchan more?

And then, at the end, Anthony takes Ash's Primeape and promises to make it a P-1 champ. Ok, two major problems with that. For one, Primeape is ALREADY a champ, and its trainer was some random kid as opposed to somebody dedicated to training Fighting Pokemon like Anthony. Secondly, there is no happy ending because now Anthony has TWO Pokemon to devote his time too. Sorry, Rebecca, no attention from Daddy.

The only good thing about this ep (besides starring a Hitmonchan even though he got beat up) was that it spawned a fanfiction from me.

Gilbertman
20th December 2005, 12:02 AM
i only 1 character and thats Max, useless and annoying, Its also quite annoying people always speculating what pokemon will max get, i dont really care i just wish hed drop off the face of the earth

GreenKirby
20th December 2005, 2:29 AM
More reasons why I hate May:

She is annoying.
She is mean to Max (who I like).
I dislike her pokemon.

I was a bit short on my first two posts.

Kabuto
20th December 2005, 2:38 AM
A. Max is just as mean to her also (sibling rivalry)
B.She can be annoying at times but its her squeaky dub voice that is to blame for most of it.
C. Her pokemon do suck except Combusken who is the best.

She said Treecko and Grovyle were creepy but then likes them alot as she knows more about them. As her journey continues, she trusts pokemon more.

Flame Haze SnS
20th December 2005, 3:24 AM
Errrrrrrrr, that's because she's a villein. Villeins are not meant to be likable; they're supposed to destroy/steal/ect........

And Jessie forces James and sometimes Meowth to do very bad thing they didn't want to. That's why I hate her (no offense, jessie fans).

Satoshi
20th December 2005, 4:19 AM
Just how is he stupid?

Ash's Pikachu: Annoying as hell. Blech!
Just how is Pikachu annoying? The only thing I ever saw it do was ride on Satoshi's back. Yeah, it's REALLY annoying. :rolleyes:

She is mean to Max (who I like).
How dare she have a sibling rivalry with a character you like. -_-

I dislike her pokemon.
LMAO

The only character that should be anyone's least favorite is Haruka's Zenigame, which reasons Herracross already explain.

Yamato-san
20th December 2005, 9:18 AM
No. However, I'd build a better arguement for not liking May. I could write an essay about my dislike (and times disgust) for her character. Basing your claim that she is the "worst" on her calling Cacturne scary is a little thin.

Though, he does have a point about Haruka calling it scary right in front of a person who both has a Noctus and dresses up like one. It was clearly obvious that Harley's a fan of said Pokemon, so Haruka probably should've watched what she said there.

Jo-Jo
20th December 2005, 5:52 PM
Um, guys? This is an opinion poll. It's not supposed to be an objective, rational discussion of the characters. It's a place for people to bash. That means if someone dislikes a character you like, tough. They have every right to do so, even if the reasons they give are stupid. Personal preferences have nothing to do with logic. So if you have a problem with people hating May because she insulted Cacturne - too bad. Get over it.

Chris
20th December 2005, 5:56 PM
Um, guys? This is an opinion poll. It's not supposed to be an objective, rational discussion of the characters. It's a place for people to bash. That means if someone dislikes a character you like, tough. They have every right to do so, even if the reasons they give are stupid. Personal preferences have nothing to do with logic. So if you have a problem with people hating May because she insulted Cacturne - too bad. Get over it.
Opinions fail when they're filled with stupidity. And since when did we allow character bashing? Everytime we have one of these polls, we ALWAYS enforce that people give rational explanations as to why they feel they're unlikable.

Komedic Konservationist
20th December 2005, 6:13 PM
Just how is Pikachu annoying? The only thing I ever saw it do was ride on Satoshi's back. Yeah, it's REALLY annoying. :rolleyes:

I can't stand it's voice, and it's way too goody-goody/cutesy all the time for my liking.
Plus, I'm sick of it being shoved down my throat all the time.

Jo-Jo
20th December 2005, 6:47 PM
Opinions fail when they're filled with stupidity.
Opinions can't possibly fail when they're asserted as opinions. You can't expect people to base their emotional biases towards or against certain characters in rational analysis. Character love or hate IS bias, and therefore inherantly illogical. I don't have a logical reason for liking Misty better than May, and I don't need one. Same goes for anyone else.

And since when did we allow character bashing?
Looking at the PHENOMENAL amount of Misty-bashing that goes on totally unchecked - from mods, even - I thought that character bashing on SPPF was considered perfectly acceptable. I always thought it was strange that there seemed to be no rule against it - you mean to say there is one? O_o News to me.

The Original Celebi
20th December 2005, 6:49 PM
pokemon saying their name over and over its so annoying

Chris
20th December 2005, 7:00 PM
pokemon saying their name over and over its so annoying
And I'm sure birds chirping, dogs barking and cats meowing isn't annoying and is totally different from said Pokémon. e_e

Iveechan
21st December 2005, 4:03 AM
Yes, it is different, because animals don't have human voices (unless it's a parrot or something). Also, most animals (besides birds) don't make a lot of noise constantly.

Expeon
21st December 2005, 9:43 PM
Characters I dislike? Eh, various filler characters. Mainly for the reason that they're filler characters, and often don't amount to anything. I REALLY dislike Drake though. One, he's just a stupid Lance clone, that makes me mad 'cause Lance pwns. Two, shirtless old guys scare me... O_o

Kabuto
21st December 2005, 10:51 PM
Drake is a Hoenn version of Lance with Salamence ^__^. He is just as good as Lance and he has a different personality. Drake is from the games so hes not a cheap ripoff. And Drake from Orange Islands is more of a Lance clone because he has Dragonite. But he rocks also.

xXFallenButterflyXx
21st December 2005, 11:47 PM
Well I don't techinally HATE any characters but here are the three that get a bit annoying sometimes. May, Ash and Misty. When I first saw the hereos of Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, I instantly liked the female (May). When she was introduced in the anime, she was my favorite character but later on she become really annoying. I really never did like Ash for various reasons which I do not want to say since I'm such a lazy bum and Misty just plain got on my nerves. She didn't annoy me as much when she came back in the episodes where Togepi had to leave. =0

EDIT:

Oh, and Jasmine. I hate the fact that we both share the same first name. In the game, she was annoying. The timid, shy, caring girl, semi Mary-Sue type. Then came the anime Jasmine and... >_e

Also Erika. The anime Erika was just plain ANNOYING with her "YOU HATE PERFUME!!!" attitude. I hate perfume. =D

~;173; Fallen

intergalactic platypus
22nd December 2005, 12:51 AM
in all fairness, im getting a little bit sick of all the people who defend almost everything abou the anime telling people theyre wrong about a particualar character. i think mays fanbase is horrible. is that a fact? not completley; it could be argued. i think meowths annoying. is that a fact? no, some people really like him. i think brock is useless. is that a fact? no, one could argue against that. i despise max. is it a fact that he sucks? no, because someone sucking is a matter of opinion. none of this is concrete facts; no one character inherently sucks really (except for some filler characters that werent developed). its all a matter of how someone views the show and the fanbase. some people love max, but that doesnt mean i argue with them about how annoying he is. in short, people should be allowed to dislike whatever characters they choose to dislike without someone trying to prove them wrong

Jo-Jo
22nd December 2005, 12:54 AM
^ You? Win at the internet.

XDLord
22nd December 2005, 1:03 AM
May. Period. She can be very annoying at times, her Squirtle sucks, and the Shipping and Fanbase surrounding her is just plain too crazy.

EagleFox
22nd December 2005, 1:15 AM
Ash. I despise him and mostly everyone else with the "I wanna become the very best"/"I wanna become the Pokemon Master" goal. Is it just me or is that getting extremely old?

The Team Rocket Trio gets very annoying with their same old "Let's steal this Pokemon for the boss so he can >insert random idea< and we can get a promotion" plan. And at the very end get zapped away by Pikachu (stupid ubber thing).

And I hate about everyone else too.

josh09
22nd December 2005, 3:25 AM
i like harley, he works hard, uses his own tactics and does not care what other people think.
i hate tracy. dont know why but just do.
s t f u about mays chest, its flat and you know it.
i was much happier before max and brock joined the groupe.. brock and max have a nack for stating the obvious. for example.
armaldo fires a huge beam of water
they say hes using hydro pump. no really? max seems like he has that thing that sakura from naruto has(in his head he shouts out stupid things)
Meowth must be a nazi worsihpper or somthing, beacause he put on that mustache.
jessie looks like freeza third form. D I L D O head.
if ash really wanted to "catch em all," he would not give his pokemon away. to "catch em all" you would have to be incredibly cruel and strong, beacause you would have to take every diffrant pokemon from there homes and habitats, shove em in a ball were they will rot forever.

thats about it
-Josh-

STJ
22nd December 2005, 4:50 AM
Hmm.. It's not so much the character himself/herself as opposed to issues relating..but anyway

Misty - There are several things relating to her I dislike

Togepi - In my opinion, she didn't deserve the pokemon at all, and I found the way she got it cheap and a complete cop - out (c'mon, cause it saw her first? I mean really) At least Brock took care of the egg, and at least Ash won the match for the tournamen, but what did Misty do? In my opinion - diddly squat.

The dolls - ok, she won them fair and square, I don't deny that, but I believe that the writers should have let Jessie won them instead. Both of them had thier reasons, but I was more sympathetic to Jessie's cause. Afterall, Misty actually HAD dolls (even if they were hand-me downs) whilst Jessie had practically NOTHING. Misty won, and for what? For her to send them straight home? I just don't understand her reasoning. Why would any of her sisters be jealous if they have thier own dolls already? and if she wasn't expecting them to be jealous, then what look on thier faces could she have been talking about?

The Joy of Water Pokemon - Ugh, am I the only one who was annoyed at the fact the Misty learnt NOTHING? Even after seeing Nurse Joy getting over her fear/dislike of water Pokemon? She of all people should have understood a fear of Pokemon (afterall, she hates bug pokemon herself) yet she acted as though she was the victim . She could have been a little bit more sympathetic, and you actually know why she has a fear- a bad childhood experience. I'm glad Misty didn't get angry at her, otherwise I would have screamed HYPOCRITE!

If there's any more, I'll add

Satoshi
22nd December 2005, 5:46 AM
No (http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/4702/ag513392ld4ci9ba.jpg) it's (http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/2708/maybra1xb.png) not (http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/2535/maybb6wt.png).

i was much happier before max and brock joined the groupe..
Whoa, then you must have been real depress throughout the whole anime, because Brock was there most of the time. O_o;

if ash really wanted to "catch em all," he would not give his pokemon away. to "catch em all" you would have to be incredibly cruel and strong, beacause you would have to take every diffrant pokemon from there homes and habitats, shove em in a ball were they will rot forever.
Damn, harsh. @_@ When did he ever say he wanted to catch them all? All I heard from him is that he wanted to catch "rare and unique" Pokemon (Although, the beginning of the dub emphasises that he wants to "Catch em all"). He never said he wanted to catch them all. AND why would he be cruel? He's the hero of the anime, FYI

Yamato-san
22nd December 2005, 7:01 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that there are quite a few filler characters I really hate. The dull and uninteresting ones.... well, there's too many to list and I wouldn't be able to remember them all, so I'll just mention the type of filler character I dispise the most: the shy types that never let their Pokemon battle. For one thing, I don't really approve of the wussy-type (especially in Pocket Monsters, where I feel we see enough of them), but the main reason I friggin hate these guys is because more often than not, they have a small Pokemon which belongs to an arguably weak species. Add onto that the lack of battle experience and absolutely no training, possibly having been pampered (usually, they never fight because said filler character doesn't want them to get hurt), and a pet-owner (I wouldn't use the term "trainer") that doesn't know the first thing about battling, and you've got yourself one piece of crap that's hardly suitable for fighting. Despite this, at the end of the episode, they see their Pokemon getting hurt by Rocket Dan, and suddenly start kicking their a**es with that same Pokemon (shouting commands they shouldn't even know about from their lack of study on the subject of battling), usually in some cliche "I suddenly gained a huge boost of confidence" fashion. Rocket Dan may be comic relief, but they really deserve more credibility than that, plus to have these characters take down what Satoshi-tachi couldn't just a moment ago just makes them nothing more than Mary Sues. If they really have to go with the same old gaining-confidence story now and then (which isn't hard given this show's episode count), I wouldn't mind if the character helped Satoshi out in some small way, but no.... they outright do everything themself, which just pisses me off.

One example of this type of character is Taichi (Mikey). Arbok and Matadogas, at this point in the anime, had held a record by that episode of not being defeated by any one of the main characters' Pokemon since they evolved (with the exception of Koduck getting a headache, and even so, all their losses were within reason against some supposedly strong opponent, or something that makes sense like Ponyta setting flame to Matadogas's smoke.... you can look back on the episodes between the Digda one and the Eievui one and see for yourself). But then, Taichi came along. Even though they had just kicked the a**es of his brothers' Eievui evolutions, and haven't suffered much damage beyond a shock by Pikachu, his Eievui just runs up to them and, all the sudden, is somehow strong enough to knock all five of them over the horizon.

Some characters with some of these traits.... well, I actually like some of them, but I'd appreciate them not being so cheap. Kaneyo's Bulu, for instance.... I'm a bit forgiving of it since it provided some comic relief. And Adzumi was pretty cute.... but I hate Sweet Honey Koduck-chan. Even if Masato was helping Adzumi command it in battle, it shouldn't have done near as well as it did. I won't complain about it performing better than Kasumi's Koduck, since that thing seems to be pretty irregular even amongst its species, but how does a pampered Pokemon learn a powerful technique like Hydro Pump (and how the hell does Adzumi even know what attacks it has?)? And then there's that scene where it evades Habunake's Poison Tail. I'm telling you all, Habunake was friggin flailing its tail all over the ground, yet Koduck manages to evade by walking in a straight line through most of it. Whoever knows how to make animated gifs, you really should make one of this scene so everyone can know what I'm talking about.

Phantom_Bugsy
22nd December 2005, 8:53 PM
Oh, and Jasmine. I hate the fact that we both share the same first name. In the game, she was annoying. The timid, shy, caring girl, semi Mary-Sue type. Then came the anime Jasmine and... >_e

Also Erika. The anime Erika was just plain ANNOYING with her "YOU HATE PERFUME!!!" attitude. I hate perfume. =D

~;173; Fallen

................YES. It doesn't help that everyone and their MOM likes Jasmine. -_______-;;;;;;;

My hates can pretty much be explained like soooo:

All Female characters (the only exceptions being Liza, maybe Roxanne and some CoTDs)
Main Characters (only exceptions being Max and Tracey)
Anything out of Team Rocket

Sharpshooter
22nd December 2005, 11:40 PM
I don't hate any of the characters, I don't even dislike any of the characters, but if I had to say who I liked the least, some of the AG characters would be up there.

CyberCubed
22nd December 2005, 11:56 PM
Did I mention that Ash's main league rivals are dull and uninteresting?

Oh yeah, Richie, Harrison, and Tetsuya. They have some positive aspects to them, but what are they here for? The only reason they were created in the first place was so Ash could lose to a friend in the leagues.

So, characters' whose only point on the show is to make Ash lose are well developed characters?

Not quite.

skarmachild
23rd December 2005, 12:03 AM
Ash is a bit of a plonker.

But even worse - RICHIE!! I mean, what GUY calls there Pokemon: Happy, Zippo, Rose, Sparky - Spark I could understand but Sparky. May as well be spanky, for most favourite - May. Look what pics Satoshi posted for the reasons ;) - and she's more interesting than Misty and actually does something.

#1 Poke Fan
23rd December 2005, 12:09 AM
Max can be very annoying, but back in the first series Misty annoyed me becasue of the way she acted towards Ash (I was young and thought it was very mean).
Thats all I guess.

Kabuto
23rd December 2005, 12:27 AM
Did I mention that Ash's main league rivals are dull and uninteresting?

Oh yeah, Richie, Harrison, and Tetsuya. They have some positive aspects to them, but what are they here for? The only reason they were created in the first place was so Ash could lose to a friend in the leagues.

So, characters' whose only point on the show is to make Ash lose are well developed characters?

Not quite.

At least they had interesting Pokemon. But I'd rather have Ash lose to a rival thats not his best friend, so they can have a rematch. I doubt Ash will face any of the people you listed ever again.

The Big Al
23rd December 2005, 12:40 AM
What's wrong with Ash losing to a person he can't stand in the leagues. It would give him an insentive to train harder to had that person's rear to them next time. Honestly, why do we have to be all happy people when there has got to be plenty of trainers you love to hate to come in and pound Ash into a bloody pulp.

Bling King
23rd December 2005, 4:41 AM
I don't like TR(Meowth especially) and pretty much every character of the day. TR is annoying, wastes time, and just plain sucks while the characters of the day are Mary-Sue like and dull.

Nny
23rd December 2005, 4:44 AM
Max is the worst, he is just some character they added to make the show better imo.

Crystal Clair
23rd December 2005, 4:54 AM
Partly true, she isn't that big. It's just that some people are so convinced.... *sigh* Oh well, no point sprinkling drops of water on a raging fire
Since he appeared in the 6 movie, I kind of hate Brendan too, something just freaks me out about him.

All Female characters (the only exceptions being Liza, maybe Roxanne and some CoTDs)
P_B, I hope that in the future you will learn to see more into female characters, they have good qualities about them. After all, I did warm up to May.

CyberCubed
23rd December 2005, 5:17 AM
Partly true, she isn't that big. It's just that some people are so convinced....

Well pics say otherwise. :p May isn't huge, but B cup breasts for a 10 year old are rather big for her age. They fit her stature well, they don't look out of place on her either.

Chris
23rd December 2005, 5:36 AM
Partly true, she isn't that big.
Doesn't mean she's flat. o_O If she was flat, there'd be NO bumps on that chest. Hence the term "flat as an board."

But even worse - RICHIE!! I mean, what GUY calls there Pokemon: Happy, Zippo, Rose, Sparky - Spark I could understand but Sparky.
Haha, that's what happens when you listen to the dub. :s Sparky's Japanese name is Leon.