PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: False Prophet

klducks
16th December 2005, 11:40 PM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/ud/false_prophet.jpg
False Prophet - Urza's Destiny. Rare
2WW: Creature - Cleric
When False Prophet is put into a graveyard from play, remove all creatures from the game.
"You lived for Serra's Love. Will you not die for it?"
2/2

Creature Wrath of God. I faced this card in a combo deck once on MWS. Combo this with a sac+ deal damage to opponent artifact, cant remember the name. Have creatures that also deal damage when they go into the graveyard also, and mass damage.

This card seems fun though. "i dare you to attack me, it kills every creature =]"

Edit: this also bypasses indestructible and "can't be targeted". Seems more intriguing then Wrath of God at times.

The Duck's Rating: 2.5/5

Shadow Trainer
17th December 2005, 12:57 AM
Like you said it's essentially Wrath of God on a body.The 2/2 body isn't bad and it clears the field when it dies so I guess it's a decent card, I still prefer Wrath though. 3/5

~RaikouRider243~
17th December 2005, 2:04 AM
Wow. This would be a sweet little thing to have in a R/W, G/W, or W deck. I want one for my deck!

Basically it's like controlling Blazing Archon. Your opponent isn't going to attack unless they can bear to lose all their creatures. A 2/2 body isn't bad in itself.

Unfortunately if the creature is removed from the game, it doesn't clear the board.

3/5

chaoslord
17th December 2005, 3:10 AM
In most situations, I'd rather have this than Wrath.

That being said, this is a great example of the awesomeness of Urza block (see: broken cards).

Anyways, I've already gone over all that needs to be said. Unless you really need another "Whenever this goes to a graveyard from play" effect to trigger, or are relying on reanimation, this is better than Wrath, as that it gets rid of those pesky opponent reanimation/indestructable's. Good job.

4/5

mindripper
4th January 2006, 8:31 PM
Unfortunately if the creature is removed from the game, it doesn't clear the board.

Depends on individual card errata.

Also, this card has a lot more uses than one might think. Sneak attack, anyone?

Broodstar
4th January 2006, 9:11 PM
Sometimes, you just need wrath of god that very turn or you'll be destroyed. But if you're safe, it'll be okay. Its kinda hard to decide which is better. 3-4/5