PDA

View Full Version : Better Layouts/Skins

blueguy
17th December 2005, 1:26 AM
Serebiiforums is the biggest and one of the best pokémon forums out there, but what's surprising is that it's layouts are really poor. I'm not being ungrateful, but I just think that introducing quality layouts will enhance the overall experience of the forums. While PokéCommunity may be a much smaller forum, its layouts are nice to look at. There is a wide variety to choose from, and all of them are great. Serebii's, on the other hand, are poorly laid out, with terrible color schemes and barely any images, except the badly placed three at the top of the page.

How could we solve this? Why not ask some talented graphic artists on SPPf to contribute?

So, discuss, and tear me to shreds if you like.

Mackenzie
17th December 2005, 7:20 AM
My god your picky. There fine as they are.

Fox
17th December 2005, 8:19 AM
No matter what is done, there will be people who don't like layouts. At least the way things are right now, you have a choice of many. I personally use Serebii.net V7.0, as the colors aren't too contrasting or bright. The steel one is also visually appealing to my eyes.

Anyway, a forum is meant for discussion, not to look pretty. The ONLY thing that can be troublesome would be color schemes which can be too bright/dark/contrasting, but there are layouts that are fine.

If there were to be more images on the layouts, it'd take much more bandwith than anything else, since the images would be loaded one every page.

A layout shouldn't be flashy with a lot of images. It should be simple and and visually acceptable. If there were many images and such, the forums would take much longer to load and we'd probably experience more down/lag time.

Ethereal
17th December 2005, 8:29 AM
Well, SOME more wouldn't hurt. As Wolf Goddess suggested, seasonal skins are a nifty idea. Christmas, Valentine's Day, and some other commercially driven times of year could have their own skins that are available only during certain times of year. I dunno, something to make this place look more exciting and inviting. Then again, I couldn't care less, as I only use the Dark skin. ;/

But...this thread will just be closed with an adamant "no", and that'll be that. ¬¬

Serebii
17th December 2005, 9:35 AM
Are you kidding? PC's styles are vomit enducing

Kal-El
17th December 2005, 11:13 AM
Are you kidding? PC's styles are vomit enducing
Isn't that a bit unprofessional?

I actually believe PC's are slightly more... interesting then what we have here.

I don't mind the layouts here but I feel they could be better. However, Serebii does have a life so he doesn't have much time for this stuff with uni and the site and what not.

Serebii
17th December 2005, 11:33 AM
Its not unprofessional since they are asethetically displeasing, it would be unprofessional if I had no justification to my statement but I do therefore I win :p

blueguy
17th December 2005, 4:57 PM
Its not unprofessional since they are asethetically displeasing, it would be unprofessional if I had no justification to my statement but I do therefore I win :p

Um - excuse me, but WHAT?

Are you kidding me? You actually believe that in comparison PC has worse layouts? You're sadly mistaken! Many of Serebii's layouts are merely the same color in different shades, with three poorly assembled images at the top. EACH of them is terrible in its own special way.

Pokécommunity shows some effort. Yours look like they were put together by a toddler. And, so what if Serebii "doesn't have enough time"? Why does he need to be involved at all, because if he made these layouts, he shouldn't be. As I said before, ASK SOME TALENTED GRAPHIC ARTISTS HERE AT SPFF! What's so hard about that?

As for those that claim that a forum doesn't have to be nice to look at, I beg to differ. I enjoy posting at these forums, and an aesthetically pleasing layout would only enhance my experience.

I think you're being rude and ignorant, Serebii, automatically claiming "you win". Why can't you actually listen to a member's suggestion or idea?

Serebii
17th December 2005, 5:01 PM
Aesthetics are in the eye of the beholder thank you very much and there was no reason to insult the people who brought ours together

You think I'm being rude & arrogant well you are even moreso so bite me

RaZoR LeAf
17th December 2005, 5:06 PM
If you're on PC, can you do some screen shots of the styles, for those of us who don't go there. I would like to see their 'vomit inducing aesthetically displeasing' layouts and compare them to the ones here.

Serebii
17th December 2005, 5:09 PM
Well their ones have just different shades like us just bigger banners, like One

http://www.pokecommunity.com/?styleid=30

having the banner take up half the screen on a 1152x864 Resolution. Others have clashing colours (worse than ours)

And there are many like this

They are much worse than ours

Magma Leader Maxie
17th December 2005, 5:13 PM
Many of Serebii's layouts are merely the same color in different shades

What a revelation! Suppose the background was pink and the foreground was a combination of eye-splitting green and yellow. That would be... 1 user using that style (you).

As for those that claim that a forum doesn't have to be nice to look at, I beg to differ. I enjoy posting at these forums, and an aesthetically pleasing layout would only enhance my experience.

What layout here isn't "aesthetically pleasing"? Usually, I stick to v9.0 or ground-type, but ... who cares about the style not being phantasmagorical if it doesn't destroy your retinal nerve? (refering to a few other sites I'm not going to mention)

blueguy
17th December 2005, 5:14 PM
If you're on PC, can you do some screen shots of the styles, for those of us who don't go there. I would like to see their 'vomit inducing aesthetically displeasing' layouts and compare them to the ones here.

Just go to the site... It's really quite simple. You'll see that a lot of them are really nice to look at.

Aesthetics are in the eye of the beholder thank you very much and there was no reason to insult the people who brought ours together

You think I'm being rude & arrogant well you are even moreso so bite me

If you're in college, why are you resorting to an insult along the lines of "no, I'm not, you are! Nananbooboo!"? Well, I happen to recognize a bad layout when I see one, and this one is bad, at least in the eyes of THIS beholder.

Serebii
17th December 2005, 5:33 PM
You do realise we have almost 35 Layouts on the forums right? You obviously just havent chosen the right one.

And I wasn't insulting you, I was just correctly placing the words to a description of you. And I'm in University, I finished College almost 2 years ago thanks :)

Ilex
17th December 2005, 5:34 PM
I would be pleased if you changed the forum markers to match the skin, having bright green Celebi on dark type skin is pretty annoying.
You should change the forum markers to Pokemon that match the theme of the skin.

Serebii
17th December 2005, 5:42 PM
I would be pleased if you changed the forum markers to match the skin, having bright green Celebi on dark type skin is pretty annoying.
You should change the forum markers to Pokemon that match the theme of the skin.
Have been considering using Torozei Icons for that since Torozei came out, but I'm lazy so :p

blueguy
17th December 2005, 5:54 PM
Have been considering using Torozei Icons for that since Torozei came out, but I'm lazy so :p

That would be one way to improve the layouts that are available now, since I see that there's no point in me trying to make any changes happen. I think that you should use those icons. Why not? You're too lazy? That's the answer? If so, it's not a good answer at all. If you really care about the forums, why aren't you listening to users when they suggest things that would only make things better (an example would be some of the useful hacks suggested)? Instead you completely ignore anything that anyone has to say.

Serebii
17th December 2005, 5:56 PM
How about me paying over $300 a month to keep the site and forums up...is that me not caring about the forums?

blueguy
17th December 2005, 6:00 PM
How about me paying over $300 a month to keep the site and forums up...is that me not caring about the forums?

No. Of course that shows that you care, but don't you think that if you are paying so much for these forums you should make them the best that they can be (a.k.a. adding some of the useful hacks suggested, getting better layouts)?

+Chaos Blade+
17th December 2005, 6:01 PM
Not to be stupid or SPAMmy, but wouldn't that cost more if you wanted to install more skins?

Prelude
17th December 2005, 6:02 PM
I agree. $300 is a lot.

Serebii
17th December 2005, 6:02 PM
In a sense yes, but in reality no...it would increase our bandwidth usage a bit but not over our limit...going over the limit would cause higher costs, and thats what would happen if Custom Avatars etc. came

Prelude
17th December 2005, 6:05 PM
In a sense yes, but in reality no...it would increase our bandwidth usage a bit but not over our limit...going over the limit would cause higher costs, and thats what would happen if Custom Avatars etc. came

You confused me at the second sentence...wait...oh, I get it...kind of. That's why I can't get a custom avatar with this guy with a flamethrower from the Simpsons...:(

blueguy
17th December 2005, 6:06 PM

Uh - you ignored my post... >_< Here it is:

No. Of course that shows that you care, but don't you think that if you are paying so much for these forums you should make them the best that they can be (a.k.a. adding some of the useful hacks suggested, getting better layouts)?

Prelude
17th December 2005, 6:09 PM
Skins don't matter that much, right? I still use the default one, the greeny one. *checks* It's Serebii.net V9.0. Whatever skin you use, you still have to read the posts, not look at skins. Asking Serebii to make more is, in a way, a waste of money.

Kal-El
17th December 2005, 8:03 PM
Skins don't matter that much, right? I still use the default one, the greeny one. *checks* It's Serebii.net V9.0. Whatever skin you use, you still have to read the posts, not look at skins. Asking Serebii to make more is, in a way, a waste of money.
More like time. Did you just not understand wat he posted? He meant that it may make bandwidth go slightly faster than normal.

Prelude
17th December 2005, 10:02 PM
More like time. Did you just not understand wat he posted? He meant that it may make bandwidth go slightly faster than normal.

Exactly. If it goes over the limit, then it would cost more. Geez...

EDIT: Wait...I'm confused...

Perfect Darkness
17th December 2005, 10:25 PM
But I don't understad this. As long as you can read what the person is saying isn't that all that matters anyway? There's quite a wide variety enough anyway -.-, I don't see why we could possbily need anymore, or want for that matter.

~;353;

Juputoru
17th December 2005, 10:33 PM
The skins here work. They're not works of art, but they don't need to be; as long as the skin doesn't make your eyes bleed(unlike the Normal and Happy style skins. Too much white. X_X), and as long as you can easily read text on it, it's fine. And we have a ton of skins already; we really don't NEED more. :/

The only skins here I really don't like are the Normal style(too much white), the Happy style(too much white), the Pichu Bros. style(alternation of dark colors with bright yellows & pinks=bad), and the Red, Blue & Yellow style(the three primary colors contrast too much to look good on a skin). Nearly all of the type-based styles and Serebii.net Version(whatever) styles look fine. :\ And there are 22 of those - which is more than enough.

Prelude
17th December 2005, 10:41 PM
While using happy style, you can't really see that enormous flag on my sig...and it makes my eyes bleed this watery, salty liquid-like substance...

anyway, the skins are just fine...except for normal/cute/happy style...*shudders*

Ilex
17th December 2005, 10:49 PM
I've been using Happy Style for quite a while now>___>
I don't find it too bright, the white is just surprising to your eyes after using the dark skin for a while.

the only thing I can say right now is that if you don't like a skin, don't use it (Whoamg)

Torchic23
17th December 2005, 10:51 PM
I see no problems with the layouts. I think serebii's layouts are actully pretty cool!

Wolf Goddess
17th December 2005, 11:08 PM

What does that have to do with anything? We know you pay for it. You tell us everytime a decent question is brought against you. What would be so bad about listening to suggestions? You never answer.

Anyway, the skins here do work, even if they're somewhat lazy. I think we should prune most of them, as only a few seem to actually be used.

Prelude
17th December 2005, 11:13 PM
What does that have to do with anything? We know you pay for it. You tell us everytime a decent question is brought against you. What would be so bad about listening to suggestions? You never answer.

Well, it's kinda like how almost every normal question has a simple answer: "who cares?" or "sure, why not?"

Some people like to give one answer to a lot of questions or tries to give the best answer but it ends up being lame, but happens to get some people who agree with it. Maybe that's what he did. Tried to make the best excuse...I mean, reason... >.>

Hiroki
18th December 2005, 3:11 AM
Ahemm....
a) Serebii, has a life. He's in Uni, costs money? Yes
b) Owns a massive site, and forum $300
c) Stress , and lots of money to spend on 2 things :/
d) He has stress and still gives us a good Pokemon community here and back at the site
e) Are you just using the skins to stare at them all Day?
f) You read the content on the forum
g) If you love PC's layouts, so much, go there and post there
h) If you hate the layouts so much, make your own

Wolf Goddess
18th December 2005, 3:45 AM
You make it sound like it'd take him forever to install a hack or a skin, when it'd take him about three clicks.

Mackenzie
18th December 2005, 6:40 AM
Ahemm....
a) Serebii, has a life. He's in Uni, costs money? Yes
b) Owns a massive site, and forum $300
c) Stress , and lots of money to spend on 2 things :/
d) He has stress and still gives us a good Pokemon community here and back at the site
e) Are you just using the skins to stare at them all Day?
f) You read the content on the forum
g) If you love PC's layouts, so much, go there and post there
h) If you hate the layouts so much, make your own

Damn straight. Blueguy you should heed this wonderful advice.
But if u dont care go spend a good 300$ on your own site then. Then u command everyhting...

I like this layout... Pc's are good too but these are better...

Wolf Goddess
18th December 2005, 7:41 AM
Damn straight. Blueguy you should heed this wonderful advice.
But if u dont care go spend a good 300$ on your own site then. Then u command everyhting...

I like this layout... Pc's are good too but these are better...

You don't get. To install a hack would take him about three clicks. It wouldn't take time from his life. It's not like he has to design the hack or something. He wouldn't be making the skins either. Merely installing them.

And if he's worried about bandwidth, he should delete repeat avatars, threads older than a month old, etc...

Serebii
18th December 2005, 9:41 AM
I assure you, an average style takes at least 2 hours to make without the graphics

Komedic Konservationist
18th December 2005, 1:57 PM
Some of the forum skins are beatiful. (The Ice Skin, especially)
However, others are abysmal, and deserve to keel into a flaming grave. Serebii.NetV7.0 is a prime example. The colours are *loathsome*. Otherwise, the layouts are decent. My fave is undoubtably the Ice One.

intergalactic platypus
18th December 2005, 6:22 PM
i think the PC layouts are quite garish actually, as are most elaborate layouts. serebii has some quite good ones (even though a few suck), and i dont mind them at all. i use the psychic type skin and it works wonderfully for me. i dont need a fancy layout

PLANES CURE TOWERS
18th December 2005, 6:58 PM
The dark theme, Dragon theme and several of the other themes are perfectly adequate. I don't really see why we need extra themes, considering all people will do is continue to complain about them. ;/ And PC has terrible skins :x

-Josh :)

Volteon
18th December 2005, 7:10 PM
I love the flying skin, the blue color and light blue letters don&#180;t hurt my eyes (white letters and black background or vice versa hurts fastly) also the blue matches with wind. XP colors.

smiley.
18th December 2005, 7:30 PM
There fine for me, I use the Default one. Sure some of them look crap, but just use one you like and stop moaning.

Wolf Goddess
18th December 2005, 11:23 PM
I assure you, an average style takes at least 2 hours to make without the graphics

I wasn't aware that you made them.

And the excuse for the hacks is...?

RaZoR LeAf
18th December 2005, 11:48 PM
Sciz made the graphics, and how ever much I admire him for making all of them, I do think the imagery needs updating. Both banners at the top need to be more eye catching, they need to make people opening the forums think 'wow'.

blueguy
19th December 2005, 2:38 AM
Sciz made the graphics, and how ever much I admire him for making all of them, I do think the imagery needs updating. Both banners at the top need to be more eye catching, they need to make people opening the forums think 'wow'.

I agree with you... Overall, I've changed my opinion to something less radical.

I think that some of the layouts aren't bad, if I'll be honest. The Dark-type and Normal-type are actually pretty nice. But, I think that:

1) The forum markers should be changed to reflect each skin's theme, instead of Celebi (a.k.a. a water-type image for the water skin etc.)
2) The banners should stretch the entire top of the page, should be more graphically appealing, and should have such things as the rules and the pok&#233;dex incorporated into it, instead of seperated into three different areas, as we have now.

I think I generalized too much when I created this thread. Not *all* the skins are dreadful... (though some are a little bit bad)... I just think that my two new suggestions would benefit the forums' layouts.

Hiroki
21st December 2005, 12:50 AM
@ Blueguy
Your seond suggestion would take up space/bandwidth.

Your real smart...

PokePaladin
21st December 2005, 10:18 AM
Nah, they are fine... Actually fantastic. Mostly they are, atleast...

Maybe the banners in some skins could be remade, but nothing to complain about in my opinion.

RaZoR LeAf
21st December 2005, 12:10 PM
@ Blueguy
Your seond suggestion would take up space/bandwidth.

Your real smart...

As it's already been mentioned there are plenty of repeat avatars that can be removed to spare on bandwidth plus a forum hack that would help save it.

Serebii
21st December 2005, 12:45 PM
There are no repeat avatars...and them just being there takes next to no bandwith whatsoever...learn what bandwidth is :p

RaZoR LeAf
21st December 2005, 1:15 PM
Whatever, the banners could still do with being updated. That is what's being discussed now not my knowledge of website terminology.

Skiks
21st December 2005, 2:12 PM
I agree with you... Overall, I've changed my opinion to something less radical.

I think that some of the layouts aren't bad, if I'll be honest. The Dark-type and Normal-type are actually pretty nice. But, I think that:

1) The forum markers should be changed to reflect each skin's theme, instead of Celebi (a.k.a. a water-type image for the water skin etc.)
2) The banners should stretch the entire top of the page, should be more graphically appealing, and should have such things as the rules and the pok&#233;dex incorporated into it, instead of seperated into three different areas, as we have now.

I think I generalized too much when I created this thread. Not *all* the skins are dreadful... (though some are a little bit bad)... I just think that my two new suggestions would benefit the forums' layouts.
That could work but it's his fourms so he could have his representitive image on each skin. No need to change the Celebis. I don't mind them.
I kinda like the banners the size they are. No point in making a banner that big.
I just stick with the dark skin. I also think most of the PC skins are god aweful.

Wolf Goddess
21st December 2005, 11:16 PM
There are no repeat avatars

O'rly? (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/shiningsierra/Orly.jpg)

And your excuse for the hacks is...?

Sammi
22nd December 2005, 1:19 AM
PC skins aren't *that* bad... some of them are extremely pretty to me (the older ones aren't as great, and some of the newer ones too [personally I don't like the default one] but one of the admins, Kent Colton Rogers, makes some pretty darn good skins, IMO). And they're pretty strict about making most of them work at 800x600, so don't start with the banners (there's only one that I can think of that's larger than that). I understand if you don't like them though.
...sorry, I couldn't help but jump in about that. I'm kind of protective of PC. =P

On topic... The skins are fine. I don't see why you're complaining. The default looks great to me. The colors look nice, and the banners look fine. It's not like I'm looking at them most of the time anyway. :/
If the admins take the time to make new skins, okay. If they don't, it's no big deal. Just learn to deal with it.

If you wanted new skins that bad, maybe you could consider a contest? But meh, that would involve time :/

Dragonfree
22nd December 2005, 4:34 AM
Frankly, I despise quite a few skins on both here and Pok&#233;community - the difference is that the Serebiiforums have fast-loading skins and Pok&#233;community has slow-loading skins. I prefer fast-loading.

Images are overrated.

(Actually, to be honest, when I checked through all the skins on both sites, I found only a couple that I could stand looking at on Pok&#233;community but quite a few here...)

OgLoc187
2nd January 2006, 5:12 PM
Hey serebii im not asking much but the green gets boring could you like change the colour like every month so that it doesn't get boring.

RaZoR LeAf
2nd January 2006, 5:28 PM
OgLoc187 I think you're missing the point of the thread. Scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you'll see a drop down menu in thelft most corner. You can change the colours there yourself.

sarcasm
2nd January 2006, 6:22 PM
Both PC and SPPfs styles are horrible. It takes 3529245 minutes for PC to load (even I'm on a freaking broadband line) due to all of their oversized borders and overuse of gradients. Serebii's are just plain, a bit too plain, but at least they don't take days to load a page.

Also, SPPf as the best pokemon forum = lol. I don't think a best pokemon forum exists, to be quite honest.

Serebii
2nd January 2006, 7:33 PM
Umm one Pok&#233;mon forum has to be the best, and we are the one with the most activity and judging on that we're the best :p

nakuru
2nd January 2006, 7:56 PM
Umm one Pokémon forum has to be the best, and we are the one with the most activity and judging on that we're the best :p

Most activity? Honestly, if you wiped out all the jerks who act like retards you'd have the same amount of users as TPM and BMGf.

Nice to know you pick quantity over quality though. :)

Serebii
2nd January 2006, 8:08 PM
That is a cynical statement, we actually have a lot more sensible users than jerks who act like retards thank you very much

nakuru
2nd January 2006, 8:32 PM
I like you Serebii, and it's the kind of 'like' that transcends physical appearence. I think you're rad.

As I stated in the other topic, the "layouts" here are mediocre and far from unique. My eyes are bad enough without glasses or contacts, I don't need your unaesthetically morbid layouts deteriorating them.

Magma Leader Maxie
2nd January 2006, 8:47 PM
As I stated in the other topic, the "layouts" here are mediocre and far from unique. My eyes are bad enough without glasses or contacts, I don't need your unaesthetically morbid layouts deteriorating them.

*Smiles*

You certainly have an interesting opinion.

If you find the layouts too tough to digest, there's a small button in the top right of your browser that looks like http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/SenecaPhilosophus/exit.png.
Click it, and you need not worry about vision deterioration any more.

nakuru
2nd January 2006, 8:53 PM
I would but I prefer to stay here and bother you instead. :)

OgLoc187
2nd January 2006, 9:41 PM
Oh I didn't know that TY

Prelude
4th January 2006, 4:41 PM
This is getting crazy...anyway, I think the skins are okay, but some of them aren't okay...*coughcoughhappystylecoughcough* Those are the bright-ish ones...but I do like the Dark one. Well, these are just skins and layouts. We don't need any better ones because we don't look at the skins or the layouts, do we? We look at the posts. The skins and stuff are just extra stuff. It's like vinyl on your car. You don't need better ones because they don't affect the way you post, unless white makes you think that 4 is the same as A or something like that.

Michael
5th January 2006, 6:06 PM
cough ... cough ... cough
*Gah, i am choking!!!*

vBulletin Styles

vB Styles (http://www.vbstyles.com/)
Extreme Pixels (http://www.extremepixels.com/)
vB Mechanic (http://www.vbmechanic.com/)
vB Core (http://www.vbcore.com/forum/)
Transverse Styles (http://www.transversestyles.com/) (http://www.transversestyles.com/)
CinVin (http://www.cinvin.com/)
vB Templates (http://www.vbtemplates.com/skins.php)
Pixel By Pixel (http://www.pixelbypixel.com/)
vB Skin Works (http://www.vbskinworks.com/) vBulletin Custom Styles

vBulletinSkinz (http://www.vbulletinskinz.com/)
Sleek Skins (http://www.sleekskins.com/)
ThemeVB (http://www.themevb.com/)
Blind Fate (http://www.blind-fate.com/v2/) (http://www.blind-fate.com/v2/)
vBCustom (http://www.vbcustom.com/) vBulletin Free Styles

vBulletin Styles (http://www.vbulletin-styles.com/)
Alien Sector (http://www.aliensector.com/)
vBDesigns (http://www.vbdesigns.de/)
Croft Designs (http://www.croft-designs.com/)

Oh my, look at this incredibly relevant, appropriate and resourceful list of vBulletin skin designs/er, why, might some/all of these be fantastic/brilliant for Serebii, which i coughed up ^_^

Mequuh
5th January 2006, 7:07 PM
I personally can't stand any of the layouts here besides steel, dark and the default one. They are a headache on my eyes. To bright. Expecially Red,Blue and Yellow. A few new ones would defanitly be nice.

Serebii
5th January 2006, 7:38 PM
Michael, give it up...not everyone has the same opinion as you

Satoshi
5th January 2006, 8:10 PM
Most of the skins here put me in seizures. =/

I use the default green skin (Serebii. net v9.0), so I don't really care much for the layout.

Virtual Headache
5th January 2006, 9:32 PM
cough ... cough ... cough
*Gah, i am choking!!!*

vBulletin Styles

vB Styles (http://www.vbstyles.com/)
Extreme Pixels (http://www.extremepixels.com/)
vB Mechanic (http://www.vbmechanic.com/)
Transverse Styles (http://www.transversestyles.com/) (http://www.transversestyles.com/)
CinVin (http://www.cinvin.com/)
vB Templates (http://www.vbtemplates.com/skins.php)
Pixel By Pixel (http://www.pixelbypixel.com/)
vB Skin Works (http://www.vbskinworks.com/) vBulletin Custom Styles

vBulletinSkinz (http://www.vbulletinskinz.com/)
Sleek Skins (http://www.sleekskins.com/)
ThemeVB (http://www.themevb.com/)
Blind Fate (http://www.blind-fate.com/v2/) (http://www.blind-fate.com/v2/)
vBCustom (http://www.vbcustom.com/) vBulletin Free Styles

vBulletin Styles (http://www.vbulletin-styles.com/)
Alien Sector (http://www.aliensector.com/)
vBDesigns (http://www.vbdesigns.de/)
Croft Designs (http://www.croft-designs.com/)

Oh my, look at this incredibly relevant, appropriate and resourceful list of vBulletin skin designs/er, why, might some/all of these be fantastic/brilliant for Serebii, which i coughed up ^_^
Wow, downloading styles from all of these sites is just so...ermm....extremely creative and unique...I'm quite sure if you download a style there you'll be the only person who has it¬¬

Well, I acutally think the styles are quite ok, they load fast and as long as there's the "Normal Type Style", I'm happy^^
But I still think some styles should be worked over since their colors just don't match.

Skiks
5th January 2006, 9:41 PM
I say as long as I can read the text and have fast loading I'm happy. Go Dark style. >>

Angeling
5th January 2006, 9:57 PM
I think they're fine, though some might be a tad blinding to the eye. Other than that, it's fine.. There's enough for variety for everyone.. and I'd list what skins should be changed, but that's too much. o_O

@Skiks: yesh, go dark type skin. &#172;&#172;;

Michael
6th January 2006, 4:01 PM
Wow, downloading styles from all of these sites is just so...ermm....extremely creative and unique...I'm quite sure if you download a style there you'll be the only person who has it&#172;&#172;

Well, I acutally think the styles are quite ok, they load fast and as long as there's the "Normal Type Style", I'm happy^^
But I still think some styles should be worked over since their colors just don't match.
I also took the liberty of listing Custom vBulletin Designers, who create professional, appropriate and iconic designs for your forums for a reletively low prices. Now, lets be honest here Serebii when someone visits a forum, what is the first thing they are going to notice? The skin, the banner, and perhaps the total post count of the top couple of forums before the fold, therefore, having a skin design which isnt based on a couple of easily replicable base colours, without any gradients or fancy, unique designs isnt going to scream professionalism or an ergonomic attitude to forum administration.

Oh, and i dont expect everyone to adopt the same opinion as myself Serebii, i merely listed a collection of well-known, respected, valued community designers which, clearly niavely, i assumed you would take the time to actually look through and observe which clearly wasnt the case.

Chris
6th January 2006, 5:04 PM
One could say the same towards you about other things regarding this forum. >_>

Skiks
6th January 2006, 11:19 PM
@Skiks: yesh, go dark type skin. &#172;&#172;;
>.>; Anyways Yes I love the dark skin. What with the &#172;&#172;; not like I said anything to try to make people change their mind. I just stated what I like and why I liked it. o.O;

One could say the same towards you about other things regarding this forum. >_>
*coughhacksandmangaavatartscough* >.>

Wolf Goddess
6th January 2006, 11:36 PM

How about an official poll in Announcements? More people would see it that way. A forum is made by its members. How about you ask them rather than decide for everyone?

Not that we haven't been down this road before...

Prelude
6th January 2006, 11:41 PM
What road? And why make a poll? Serebii might just reject the idea...

But the idea of making a poll about which skin should be gone is a good idea...

Rufinito18
7th January 2006, 3:49 AM
well I dont like them skins to much cause im used to the green one
AND THE GREEN ONE ROCKS! AND CELEBI ROCKS!!!

*wipes sweat*

got a little carried away ^^"