PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Topic: Popularity?

Dragonfree
17th December 2005, 5:18 PM
Okay, to liven this up a bit, I'll make a discussion topic every week and sticky it. When the next one is up, the old one will be unstickied but not closed, so of course everybody will be free to participate unless the thread dies.

So, this week's topic is: What do you do to make your website more popular?

I don't really do very much of anything. I get some affiliates, register at forums and put it as my website, sometimes link to it in my sig and once in a blue moon I may ask for some criticism on it where there are website forums like this one, and that's pretty much about it.

chaos on the internet
23rd December 2005, 12:17 AM
At the point where I don't really need to publicize, but we offer things other sites don't have- we are pretty much recognized as the best source for competitive Pokemon information on the internet as well as running the largest Netbattle server with more than 100 people on concurrently. It's really just all about finding your niche. If you do the same thing as everyone else don't expect to get popularity.

Jetx
1st January 2006, 5:19 PM
What do you do to make your website more popular?
Well I go around on loads of forums with links to it on my sig, and those links lead to the forums, then on the forums there is a link to the main website.

Off topic: It's hard to belive that you own smogon, I go on it's battle server thing. But why would you join sppf?

Goldyoshi
1st January 2006, 6:55 PM
Well, I post in guestbooks with my URL, I post on forums, tell people, add my URL to Google, and I even made my own way up: You know those Danasoft signs? I advertise on them. >:)

chaos on the internet
1st January 2006, 10:36 PM
Well I go around on loads of forums with links to it on my sig, and those links lead to the forums, then on the forums there is a link to the main website.

Off topic: It's hard to belive that you own smogon, I go on it's battle server thing. But why would you join sppf?

i'm on nearly every pokemon forum. :)

Mamoru
2nd January 2006, 5:13 AM
I try to break the mould and offer what no other site is offering, try to find an unsupported niche in the fandom, and co-operate with the other major sites in the community to create large special projects.

Jetx
3rd January 2006, 5:15 PM
I've changed, I now advertise the main site in my sig as well...

JKaizer
3rd January 2006, 10:08 PM
I do absolutely nothing =3~

If people visit, it's their choice.

pisces_beedrill
6th February 2006, 5:58 PM
hmmm, just listen to people suggestions and improve, yeah

chaos on the internet
6th February 2006, 8:47 PM
this thread is kind of not needed, if you want to know how to get popularity please read this topic http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=101079

JKaizer
6th February 2006, 10:52 PM
Hahah, funny chaos.

This is more for discussion though :p

Jetx
18th February 2006, 9:06 PM
We need a new topic... It's been way over a week.

Dragonfree
19th February 2006, 2:05 AM
Yes, we do.

*unstickies*