PDA

View Full Version : Rate me!

Machoker
17th December 2005, 7:11 PM
Hi I'm pretty new to pokemon since I have only had Emerald for about 2 months or so but I wanted to know if you guys could rate my team I'm training :)
Ok here we go:
1. Sceptile, Lvl 76 Moves:Pound, Cut, Leaf Blade and Absorb
2. Rayquaza, Lvl 77 Moves:Hyper Beam, Outrage, Fly and Extremespeed (I'd like to replace him with one I have personally raised, once I raise a pokemon high enough to be a suitable replacement)
3. Whiscash , Lvl 40 Moves:Magnitude, Earthquake, Rest and Snore (I'm aiming for fissure and I'd like to get him to lvl 70 at least)
4. Machoke, Lvl 61 Moves: Focus Punch (TM) Dynamic Punch, Karate Chop and Seismic Toss (I'd like for him to be lvl 70+)
5. Altaria, Lvl 37 Moves: Sing, Fly, Growl and Fury Attack (This one needs some work, but I aim to get Perish Song and Sky Tactics. Also I wanna get him to lvl 70 or more)
6. Graveler, Lvl 39 Moves:Rock Throw, Substitute, Selfdestruct and Rock Blast (I am going to evolve him to Golem as soon as my friend finds his Ruby which he lost :rolleyes: )

I'm thinking about replacing Rayquaza with Gardevoir once I have my Kirlia evolved and about lvl 70.

Sorry if I'm a bit long-winded but I figured I should be descriptive :). BTW I only dabble in EV's and haven't really looked into IV's yet. I apreciate your opinions and constructive criticism :)

XRay
17th December 2005, 7:49 PM
I am probably not the best one to judge since I don't agree with most people about the movesets of pokemon but in your case I believe I can help:
1. the only move that's good on the sceptile is leaf blade. WTF is cut doing there-earthquake, replace absorb with giga drain, pound(lol)-dragon claw or something
2.Rayquaza-lose fly, try crunch, or thunderbolt,ice beam,flamethrower etc.; other moves are ok
3.Whiscash- (magnitude)surf, snore-fissure if you want but I don't recommend it, rest & eq are fine
4.Machoke-where did you lose cross chop?, anyways replace dynamic punch with it,karate chop with revenge, + add an elemental punch
5.Altaria- I assume you mean sky attack, fury attack(lol)- should have tought it dragonbreath when it evolved, some moves you could put:earthquake, ice beam, thunderbolt, perish song etc.
6.Graveler-if a destructive move then explosion, rock throw-earthquake, rock blast-rock slide.

hope I could help. 5/10

Machoker
17th December 2005, 7:57 PM
Heh well lets just say the crap moves are from when I first got the game... Its been fun learning that cut and fury attack are crap... well thanks for the advice.

XRay
17th December 2005, 8:06 PM
No problem. And I forgot- rock slide on machoke would be iseful-especially against flying types.

Machoker
17th December 2005, 8:54 PM
Another question how do I go about getting these moves on my pokemon?

EDIT: Its not pound its slam, is that any better?

SPN
17th December 2005, 9:21 PM
Try Body Slam instead of Slam.

Let's see...since you're a beginner, I'll post movesets without HP's or Egg Moves for ya. And I'll tell you how you get them too.

* level up
# Battle Frontier
~ tm's

Sceptile (special Sceptile for the most part)
Leaf Blade *
Thunderpunch #
Dragon Claw ~
Aerial Ace/Brick Break ~

Gardvoir (you said that you'd replace Ray with it, so...)
Psychic *
Calm Mind *
Thunderbolt ~
Ice/Fire Punch #

Whiscash
Earthquake *
Amnesia *
Surf ~
Ice Beam ~

Machoke
Revenge * (or Brick Break ~)
Earthquake ~
Rock Slide #
Bulk Up ~

Altaria
Dragon Claw ~
Dragon Dance *
Flamethrower ~
Earthquake ~

Graveler
Earthquake *
Explosion *
Double Edge * (with Rock Head ability of course)
Rock Blast * (or Rock Slide #)

Maybe you could fit Brick Break in there too...

So, I'm usually exactly like XRay as far as Movesets go, but hope it helps.

Machoker
17th December 2005, 10:19 PM
Thank you for your very informative post :) I'm glad that you guys take the time to help newbies.

chaos952
18th December 2005, 2:03 AM
Ugh... Please post your team in a readable format; that's one heck of an eyesore to read. You need to post natures and held items as well.

Fluorescent Adolescent
18th December 2005, 1:15 PM
Okay I'm getting sick of these awful formats.

Pogey@item
Trait:
EVs: (provided you EV train which most people who post in-game teams won't)
Nature:
-move
-move
-move
-move

Is it that hard? Read stickies please.

Ludakrix
21st December 2005, 12:13 AM
hes a noob, live with it.... 6/10 for the team

uhhh........ go with whoever posted the team. That's pretty much the standards for those pokes.

Fluorescent Adolescent
21st December 2005, 12:19 AM
hes a noob, live with it.... 6/10 for the team

uhhh........ go with whoever posted the team. That's pretty much the standards for those pokes.

Yeah he's the noob :rolleyes:

Ludakrix
21st December 2005, 12:26 AM
well, like i said, im not the master, unlike you, master Ryan....

oh, btw, salamence (pre-evolved Bagon in Meteor Falls) is much better than Altaria, though He is more of a physical sweeper than altaria who relies more on defense. Its your choice, but Since you already have altaria, and have some time while your friend finds his game pak, i say its your choice