PDA

View Full Version : My Battle Frontier Team

Omega X
18th December 2005, 12:07 AM
After almost a year of agony training my Pokémon and shoving honor out the window, here's my team extracted from the games: Ruby, Fire Red and Emerald.

Lead-In:

Zoara(Mewtwo)
Psychic
Pressure
Holding: Twistedspoon

Psychic
HP Dark
Calm Mind
Ice Punch

Partner #1

Starblaze(Blaziken)
Fire/Fighting
Blaze
Holding: Salac Berry/Black Belt

Endure
Reversal
Rock Slide
Brick Break

Pokémon #3

Demitri(Crobat)
Poison/Flying
Inner Focus
Holding: Leftovers/Focus Band

Aerial Ace
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
Confuse Ray

Pokémon #4

Ethernet(Porygon2)
Normal
Trace
Holding: Shell Bell/Petaya Berry

Recover
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave

Pokémon #5

Slicer(Sceptile)
Grass
Overgrow
Holding:Miracle Seed/Dragon Claw/Shell Bell/Lum Berry

Leaf Blade
Dragon Claw
Crunch
HP Fire/Leech Seed

Pokémon #6

Kamlong(Salamence)
Dragon/Flying
Intimidate
Holding: Leftovers/Lum Berry/Soft Sand

Earthquake
Aerial Ace
Rock Slide
Dragon Claw

My team is made only of sweepers, so here are some alternatives (currently on training)

Claydol
Level Reached-Lv 85
Ground/Psychic
Levitate
Item: Leftovers/Focus Band

Earthquake
Toxic
Explosion
Cosmic Power

Ludicolo
Level Reached-Lv 76
Grass/Water
Rain Dish
Item: Leftovers

Leech Seed
Surf
Rain Dance
Toxic

Please rate, and remember that I had to shove honor out of the window.

Ridley-X4
18th December 2005, 12:19 AM
I'm not really a rater, but you need to list the EVs and Natures (If you know them). Other than that, your Pokes are great, IMO.

SPN
18th December 2005, 12:22 AM
The team actually looks pretty good. You might want to add Overheat on Blaziken somewhere, but it's up to you.

Prepare to be told that you shouldn't use the apparently "crappy" type-boosting items, just ignore it, they'll only recommend Leftovers and the odd Choice Band anyway.

Also, maybe Mewtwo could slip Recover in there...

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
18th December 2005, 1:01 AM
This really isn't that bad, but there are a few problems here or there.

I can see why you'd want HP Dark Mewtwo. Destroys Shedinja, it does. And Greta has a Shedinja, so that'll help.....That is, if you were ALLOWED to use Mewtwo. Sorry to be the one to tell you, but Mewtwo is forbidden in the Frontier. You need a new Psychic. Twistedspoon also must go. Leftovers will do you more in the long run.

Salac Berry most definitely on Blaziken. Endure's going to do anything Focus Band will, and with a 100% chance of working, too. Focus Band is idiotic because it rarely ever works, and you'll just be finished off by the next Pokémon anyway. Sky Uppercut>Brick Break. The accuracy loss will be a small fee to pay in the long run, and it's not all that inaccurate anyway.
Oh, and be careful not to use Blaziken outside of the Frontier, because the moment it loses 75% or more of its health, the Salac will activate and vanish.

HP Physical>Confuse Ray(any Physical Attack that's not Ghost, Flying, or Poison. Test on Wild Pokémon to tell) for Crobat, and give it a Choice Band. Crobat has decent Attack, but a Choice Band will really give it a chance to do something, especially with Poison and Flying STAB.

Porygon2 is excellent, save for the Item. Leftovers would be preferable, but given the moronic Item Clause the Frontier employs, the Items you ahev may work. Plus, if Porygon activates its Petaya, it can just Recover off the damage;). Again, if you're using the Petaya, be extremely careful when outside the Frontier(unless you have a freakishly high amount of Petayas).

Lum Berry for Sceptile, partly because it can't get Leftovers because of the Item Clause, and partly because Paralysis destroys it. Substitute>Dragon Claw if you can, and Leech Seed to go along with it. If you can't get Leech Seed or Substitute, then HP Fire and Dragon Claw work fine.
Lum Berry is moderately easy to replace, but it still wouldn't be advisable to just waste it against a Wild Pokémon.

I suppose it's too late for Hydro Pump on Salamence, so you'll have to go with Flamethrower>Dragon Claw. Note, Dragon Claw may get STAB, but it only has one SE. Flamethrower SEs 4 other types, two of which are fairly common. Also destroys the odd Skarmory and Steelix, who would Wall you anyway. Choice Band works fine on Salamence, but if you can't(Crobat), then Shell Bell would be best(again, Salamence doesn't need Leftovers as much as some other Pokémon).

Now Claydol is a Pokémon you'd need Leftovers for. IMO, ditch Crobat for Claydol. But, get rid of Toxic. It's an invite for your foe to set up or laugh at you as it Lums off the damage. Ice Beam, otherwise Flygon will die loling as you feebly try to hurt it. Also rids you of Dragonite, Salamence, Altaria, and friends. Rest>Cosmic Power if you'd like, but Cosmic Power would actually work in the Frontier since Roar and/or Whirlwind are nonexistant there(¬_¬).

Lolicolo. You're ruining its potential by using Toxic. Ice Beam>>>>>>>>Toxic. Otherwise, looks fine.

SPN, GTFO of RMT. Leftovers is the best Item in the game hands down. Mainly because, unlike nearly every other Item in the game, it has a 100% chance of working, rather than 8%, 10%, 25%, and so on.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Omega X
18th December 2005, 1:46 AM
WHAT! NO MEWTWO!!! GODFORSAKEN BATTLE FRONTIER, I'LL DESTROY YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fortunately, I also got a HP Dark Alakazam (traded, but trained and captured in a friend's Leaf Green), but it's still in training and at Lv 46, so it will take a loooong while to make it with the rest. Man. Well, I've got a GARGANTUAN collection of Rare Candies (if I remember well, around 90), but I can't use them all on 'Zam, since I have many newly-bred Pokémon who need extra strenght to come up for the real training.
So, no Toxic? No Toxic. But I'll run out of Ice Beam TMs uber-fast. I gotta go buy coins.

So here's my new and improved team, with changes according to Commander Blizzard's advice!

Lead-In:

Telekinesis(Alakazam)
Psychic
Holding: Leftovers/Persim Berry(in case of those Confuse Rayers)
Psychic
HP Dark
Recover/Calm Mind
Flamethrower/Ice Punch/Thunderpunch

Partner #1

Starblaze(Blaziken)
Fire/Fighting
Blaze
Holding: Salac Berry

Endure
Reversal
Rock Slide
Sky Uppercut

-NOTES OF TRAINER: I don't think Overheat might work, since I got everything I need here, also, Starblaze's nature is Rash. Also, I used the Overheat TM already on a Camerupt 9.9.-

Pokémon #3

Demitri(Crobat)
Poison/Flying
Inner Focus
Holding: Focus Band

Aerial Ace
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
HP Fighting (that's what Demitri got, and good against Regis of Battle Pyramid)

Pokémon #4

Ethernet(Porygon2)
Normal
Trace
Holding: Petaya Berry

Recover
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave

Pokémon #5

Slicer(Sceptile)
Grass
Overgrow
Holding:Lum Berry

Leaf Blade
Dragon Claw
Crunch
Leech Seed(I didn't got Substitute)

Pokémon #6

Kamlong(Salamence)
Dragon/Flying
Intimidate
Holding: Shell Bell

Earthquake
Aerial Ace
Rock Slide
Flamethrower

My team is made only of sweepers, so here are some alternatives (currently on training)

Claydol
Level Reached-Lv 85
Ground/Psychic
Levitate
Item: Leftovers

Earthquake
Ice Beam
Explosion
Cosmic Power

Ludicolo
Level Reached-Lv 76
Grass/Water
Rain Dish
Item: Leftovers(if I don't use Claydol)

Leech Seed
Surf
Rain Dance
Ice Beam/Blizzard(I don't know, maybe 30% freeze is not that bad... also, I have some extra Blizzards in my bag.)

*sigh* I really really wanted to use Mewtwo in the Battle Frontier. Well, it always can kick butt in XD.

Finally, the sweeper team is the one I'm gonna try in short, but I want to know what item to put on Alakazam after Claydol enters arena. Persim? Chesto? Ganlon? or maybe just a godforsaken Twistedspoon?

SPN
18th December 2005, 2:14 AM
SPN, GTFO of RMT. Leftovers is the best Item in the game hands down. Mainly because, unlike nearly every other Item in the game, it has a 100% chance of working, rather than 8%, 10%, 25%, and so on.

Hey now, I'm not saying that Leftovers is a bad item. It is the best item, but most of these teams (besides for NetBattle) will most likely be used for BF, and you can't have duplicate items.

Horn Drill
18th December 2005, 3:10 AM
Hey now, I'm not saying that Leftovers is a bad item. It is the best item, but most of these teams (besides for NetBattle) will most likely be used for BF, and you can't have duplicate items.

But there are plenty of other items besides 10% boosters. Choice Band, Salac Berry, Petaya Berry, Lum Berry...

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
18th December 2005, 3:54 AM
Alakazam doesn't get Flamethrower. Sacrificing a Punch for HP Dark is rather uesless, as Fire Punch rids you of Shedinja anyway.

Blaziken's fine, but if you wanted to add Flamethrower, it'd work, due to STAB and great Sp. Attack.

HP Fighting is excellent, second only to HP Ground IIRC.

Substitute can be found on the top floor of Lilcyove Department Store if you haven't used it already.

Salamence is fine. If you think the Shell Bell would help something else, though, then Choice Band will work fine. Besides, you only use three Pokémon in one event, so you can use Choice Band on both Crobat and Salamence as long as you don't enter them both at once.

Blizzard could work on Ludicolo, since missing won't really do it that much harm. Only if you can't get Ice Beam, though.

Ganlon berry is pointless as you won't be surviving anything by the time it actually activates. If you're at 25% health, you'll only be surviving random Scratches, Quick Attacks, etc. Lum Berry's best, but as you can't use it on everything....Meh, Persim. Alakazam has low Attack, so it won't hurt itself all that much, but it still can't afford to waste a turn hitting itself. It has to get in and kill, or else it WILL get killed, and Confusion is going to prevent it from doing so.

Oh, and also, leading with Salamence might be a good idea. That way you can Aerial Ace any Double Teamers(annoyingly abundant) at first sight. Plus, Salamence can usually destroy whatever's in the front of the party, so that'll help.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Omega X
18th December 2005, 4:44 AM
Crap. OK, So here are the movesets of Alakazam and Ludicolo.

Psychokinesis(Alakazam)
Quiet
Inner Focus (yay! No Flinching!)
Item: Persim Berry

Psychic
Fire Punch
Recover
Thunderpunch/Ice Punch

-TRAINER'S NOTES:If you have noted looking at the nickname, this is not the HP Dark Alakazam, but one I catched in my own Fire Red game, then traded it to Emerald. Since Telekinesis is useless in Battle Frontier due to its low level, i returned it to my friend. Instead, I'm using Psychokinesis (I know, bad name, sue me), an Alakazam which fortunately will take me less time to train, since he is already on Lv90. -

Ponchito(Ludicolo)
Bold
Rain Dish
Item: Iapapa Berry

Blizzard/Ice Beam (it will depend)
Surf
Rain Dance
Leech Seed

The others will stay as they are.

Tazzler
18th December 2005, 6:19 PM

Psychokinesis(Alakazam)
Quiet Timid
Inner Focus (yay! No Flinching!) faster than most pokes and dies to aero's rs anyway

Psychic
Fire Punch
Recover/calm mind
Thunderpunch/Ice Punch

-TRAINER'S NOTES:If you have noted looking at the nickname, this is not the HP Dark Alakazam, but one I catched in my own Fire Red game, then traded it to Emerald. Since Telekinesis is useless in Battle Frontier due to its low level, i returned it to my friend. Instead, I'm using Psychokinesis (I know, bad name, sue me), an Alakazam which fortunately will take me less time to train, since he is already on Lv90. -

Ponchito(Ludicolo)
Bold
Rain Dish swift swim
Item: Iapapa Berry

Blizzard/Ice Beam (it will depend)
Surf
Rain Dance
Leech Seed

The others will stay as they are.
may I suggest ev training your pokemon? It is okay if you can't. But it will greatly increase your pokes stats and make winning easier.

Volteon
18th December 2005, 6:51 PM
mewtwo can enter in battle frontier? I guess no.

Horn Drill
18th December 2005, 10:10 PM
I think Synchronize would be better on Alakazam than Inner Focus, as there aren't as many Pokemon with Fake Out in the BF as there are ones that inflict status conditions.

Leading with a Salamence or Gyarados is always good. Intimidate helps loads.

Fluorescent Adolescent
18th December 2005, 10:18 PM
I think Synchronize would be better on Alakazam than Inner Focus, as there aren't as many Pokemon with Fake Out in the BF as there are ones that inflict status conditions.

It is better hands down.

Ludakrix
21st December 2005, 12:08 AM
i dont know if this is true or not ingame... but Toxic sucks on everything not named Ludicolo (Tank Version: Dive, Toxic, Rain Dance, Ice Beam) and Deoxys LG

But other than that, team looks great

and ryan is right, i cant seem to find a single Ralts with synchronize...

Fluorescent Adolescent
21st December 2005, 12:10 AM
But I was talking about zam. For gardey/ralts in this case, the other trait is better. The one I ****ing forgot ¬¬ Its the trait that ISN'T synchronize-its the one that copies the opponents traits.

Carpetted!
21st December 2005, 12:14 AM
i dont know if this is true or not ingame... but Toxic sucks on everything not named Ludicolo (Tank Version: Dive, Toxic, Rain Dance, Ice Beam) and Deoxys LG
Lots of pokes can use toxic and dive is awful

Ludakrix
21st December 2005, 12:21 AM
dive is good with ONLY ludicolo, only in the tank/annoyer set (i call it a tank), which i miss printed, it is Giga Drain instead of Ice Beam, and only because its stats are average.

Carpetted!
21st December 2005, 12:22 AM
Dive is not good for any pokemon your opponent will switch

Ludakrix
21st December 2005, 12:32 AM
then you toxic it, then dive

soon all of ur opponents pokes will be poisoned, but they loose the super poisen affect of toxic

Carpetted!
21st December 2005, 12:35 AM
1. They do not lose the "super-poison affect of toxic" (not sure about this, hmmm)
2. They switch to something that can kill 'colo

Fluorescent Adolescent
21st December 2005, 12:35 AM
But I was talking about zam. For gardey/ralts in this case, the other trait is better. The one I ****ing forgot ¬¬ Its the trait that ISN'T synchronize-its the one that copies the opponents traits.

Ahh that's it. I remembered. I was talking about the trait "Trace". Best trait for gardy =D

Horn Drill
21st December 2005, 6:37 AM
Trace is too random because a lot of times in the BF you wind up copying some shite Ability from some stupid Lairon or something. >_>

Toxic is bad on just about everything except sometimes Deoxys-L. Annoyers don't work. >____>; Toxic on Ludicolo is stupid. You don't need it.

SPN
21st December 2005, 11:38 AM
Toxic/Dive can work in BF, since the opponent doesn't switch too often. And it wouldn't really matter anyways since a colo with that set would no doubt be already recharging from Leftovers, Rain Dish, and Leech Seed.

Fluorescent Adolescent
21st December 2005, 12:22 PM
Trace is too random because a lot of times in the BF you wind up copying some shite Ability from some stupid Lairon or something. >_>

Toxic is bad on just about everything except sometimes Deoxys-L. Annoyers don't work. >____>; Toxic on Ludicolo is stupid. You don't need it.

Actually trace is better than synchronize. The ones that status your pokemon in-game are likely to be those who get sweeped easily anyway. Besides its fun to trace other traits especially levitate <3

AsheBailey
29th December 2005, 11:07 AM

Psychokinesis(Alakazam)
Quiet
Inner Focus (yay! No Flinching!)

Psychic
Fire Punch
Recover
Thunderpunch/Ice Punch

I found that my Zam cannot take too many hits, making recover a little pointless. You may try a CM or just get all punches.

I have inner focus on my Zam because the genes were too good for me to let him go. In BF I found sync was maybe 3 times more useful than inner focus, but nothing that will break Zam.

Alakazam @ Petaya Berry
Trait : Inner Focus
IVs : SpA 31
Wonderfully outstanding in Ability!
EVs :
. Def 4
. Spd 252
. SpA 252
Timid (+Spd,-Atk)
- Psychic
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch