PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix is down... again T_T

Biiaru
18th December 2005, 2:40 PM
Alrighty guys, phoenix goes down way too often. To be honest, I think you guys need to find a new server. You should run your own, that would be easier.

Shining Mew
18th December 2005, 2:53 PM
Yeah I havent been on chat in 2 days so I dunno if it went down during those times

But Ive been sitting here for atleast 30min and it still hasnt connected/its still down :<

Serebii
18th December 2005, 2:54 PM
Easier in theory, then you look at bandwidth costs and all that...

Biiaru
18th December 2005, 3:01 PM
Easier in theory, then you look at bandwidth costs and all that...

Well, that's true, but I run an IRC server off of a box at home and my ISP doesn't charge me for extra bandwidth ;D

Soul
18th December 2005, 9:41 PM
yeah its down :(, and ew not another move again, we've done that WAY too many times already >>; like last time when some of us *coughs* didnt want to move until j-- someone kicked us out 8D

Biiaru
18th December 2005, 9:46 PM
well, we have to do something. like set up a temporary chat on a different server for when phoenix goes down. i'll head one up on my server, if joe'd like that.

The Thrashmeister
18th December 2005, 9:57 PM
elementary, my dear william.

but what if the backup server goes bellyup as well? ;/

Biiaru
18th December 2005, 9:59 PM
what if the backup server goes bellyup as well? ;/
I have a network, not just one server ;)

Pwnography
18th December 2005, 10:03 PM
Yes, Phoenix does experience quite a bit of downtime and it really is quite annoying. A backup server would be great, and I'm all for it.

Biiaru
18th December 2005, 10:04 PM
Yes, Phoenix does experience quite a bit of downtime and it really is quite annoying. A backup server would be great, and I'm all for it.
I'm glad you think so. Even better if you would want it on mine... you know why :P

PLANES CURE TOWERS
18th December 2005, 10:05 PM
I'm all for having a backup on the dyo server as well, considering no harm can come of it and it'd serve a place for the chan to operate when these frequent phoenix deaths occur.

Also, considering Bii can still give Joe the chan reg details so people can't just auto-op, then yeah, it'd work fine.

Support Spp <3 Dyo.

-Josh :)

Biiaru
18th December 2005, 10:07 PM
Well, I've already got it regged for him, so if he says yes, then he can come on and i'll just transfer the chan to him =)

King Shuckle
18th December 2005, 11:31 PM
I think it's a good idea to have this. I frequently visit dyo since i'm oped there, so having all my favorite chans in one spot for a while would be delightful.

Nny
18th December 2005, 11:34 PM
Well i think that idea of a backup is great but i have a question, what causes phoenix to always go down anyways?

RaZoR LeAf
18th December 2005, 11:52 PM
The last time we moved servers nobody wanted to and Serebii had to beg. He also promised that he'd never ask us to do so again.

[21:37] <Serebii> guys
[21:37] <Serebii> please
[21:37] <Serebii> do this one thing for me
[21:37] <Serebii> I will ask nothing else ever again

Not that I go to #spp anymore, but still..

Biiaru
19th December 2005, 12:27 AM
The last time we moved servers nobody wanted to and Serebii had to beg. He also promised that he'd never ask us to do so again.

[21:37] <Serebii> guys
[21:37] <Serebii> please
[21:37] <Serebii> do this one thing for me
[21:37] <Serebii> I will ask nothing else ever again

Not that I go to #spp anymore, but still..
I'm not saying to move the chan there permanently. I just really think that we need a backup for when Phoenix goes down.

Alfonso
20th December 2005, 12:36 AM
So has any alternate chat actually been set up while the server is down?

Biiaru
20th December 2005, 10:49 PM
Well, I do have an #SPP set up on my server in case joe wants to make a backup there... PM me if you want the server address

MS
21st December 2005, 3:11 AM
Alternate chat : irc.dejatoons.net #SPP ;/