PDA

View Full Version : Is it Worth it?

PeteDHeat
19th December 2005, 3:53 AM
Everybody is talking about the Path to Diamond and Pearl.But is it Worth the money and the time?
Leave your Thoughts here!
;202;

ProtoManEXE88
19th December 2005, 4:30 AM
As long as D/P don't suck, it's worth it.

This is just killing time and trying new ideas along the way.

PeteDHeat
19th December 2005, 4:37 AM
I dont Think D/P will suck.I mean,Depending on the time Between the release date of D/P and the PTD/P it could be worth it.

RBTransformed
19th December 2005, 6:02 PM
Diamond and pearl have no excuse to be horrible. They are taking their time on these games (which can be good or bad). Personally I don't see a reason to get these fillers. Ranger will probably be the best and even that won't be as good as the rpg's. I just wish that they would consentrate on finishing d/p before releasing pointless games. At this rate I'll be halfway through my senior year in high school by the time they're released, and all these fillers are making me lose interest in pokemon. Dash was terrible imo, and even though these new ones should be better, once again they'll be nowhere close to d/p. Hurry up gamefreak with d/p!

on the main topic: I don't think these fillers are worth the money/time depending on your preferences for games (ex. I like rpg's and action so I'm definitely not getting a puzzle game)

XDLord
21st December 2005, 9:55 PM
Nope. I hate puzzle games, MD isn't worthwhile either and we hardly have any useful info on Ranger. Personally, I have much better games to get.

slowking
30th December 2005, 10:21 PM
seeing that the mysterious dungeon game is new to pokemon, it may be something worth getting... but the downsides for both games is that they wont be able to trade/give anything to any other games

JazzJazz
30th December 2005, 11:52 PM
Everybody is talking about the Path to Diamond and Pearl.But is it Worth the money and the time?

You are aware that there isn't actually a game called "The Path to Diamond & Pearl", right? This forum is for discussion of DS games released in the lead-up to the main RPGs...

Gravy
31st December 2005, 2:59 AM
We don't have enough information on Ranger to even judge it properly, and already people are calling it a waste of time and money.
Seriously, the way people write of games just because they don't follow the formula of the main RPG series is pretty damn shallow I have to say. I can honestly say that the only crappy spin-off game I've played would be Pokémon Snap, and that was purely because it was far too short. Pokémon Puzzle Challenge and League aren't even pokémon games to begin with, so as far as I'm concerned, they shouldn't really count.

I personally found Mysterious Dungeon to be a very enjoyable game, and quite challenging at certain points. I don't think that one was a waste of time or money at all. I can't really say much for the likes of Toroze however, because I'm not really a fan of the puzzle genre to begin with.

and all these fillers are making me lose interest in pokemon.
Oh please. If there weren't any filler games, then there would be nothing pokémon related out there except the animé and TCG. I fail to see how they're the cause of your loss of interest.

Kabuto
31st December 2005, 3:37 AM
Meh, I'll read a review.

CharizardMaster
31st December 2005, 6:57 AM
Well the first few games didn't suck. So D/P will just be better.

Red
4th January 2006, 6:15 AM
Of course it's worth it, and most likely it won't suck.. Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Firered, Leafgreen, none of them sucked. Pokemon RPG's are always awesome, and hopefully diamond and pearl will be also.

Orion-Sama
4th January 2006, 6:34 AM
Read Gravy's words of wisdom plz... :)

For once, those spin-offs are interesting and well-made. They sure add a twist to your usual "Trainer" RPGs. Using the Pokémon themselves in Mysterious Dungeon seems to be awesome. Having a creative way of playing in Ranger is bound to be fun too. Puzzles are always fun, though I'm not sure how Torozei plays (Puzzle League is bound to be better, though...).

Those games are not only a good deviation from the usual, but also a way to start fresh when D/P comes. I say they're worth it if you want to see another side of this franchise... :)