PDA

View Full Version : Do play fics excuse the script format?

Morpher01
19th December 2005, 12:41 PM
I think Is This Really Pokemon Colosseum? qualifies as a play fic because it has acts. So, in other words, should I make a play fic based off of Pokemon XD?

I'd also like to know how to create a banner.

FlamingRuby
19th December 2005, 2:03 PM
"The Ash and Pikachu Show", my own play-fic (to use your term), uses the TV show script style to make it seem more like a TV show. Although it's in script format, you still need to include description in the stage directions

intergalactic platypus
20th December 2005, 1:21 AM
theres a difference between IM script and an actual script.

IM script:
misty: ash, why arent we in mahongony yet?
ash: i guess because brock got us lost again
brock: dont blame me the map is impossible to read

real script:
(the gang is heading along in a dense forest. misty looks angry and exasperated, and a puzzled brock is trying to decipher the map. ash is leading the crowd, looking oblivious to his companions irritation and bad mood.)
misty (angrily): ash why arent we in mahogany yet?
ash (with a sigh): i guess because brock got us lost again
brock (frustrated): dont blame me the map is impossible to read

so yeah real script format is fine if its intended as a script

+Chaos Blade+
20th December 2005, 1:44 AM
Here's an example.

Rebecca told the crew to prepare for the next scene. Commotion. People were hastily walking left and right to get things ready. Curtain call.

Mark: Welcome to...
The spotlight went from Mark to Kenneth.
Kenneth: ...a show where...
The spotlight moved from Kenneth to Gwen.
Gwen: ...fantasy becomes reality...
Gwen and Kenneth stepped forward to meet Mark.
All: ...and fates unfold. Welcome to: The Twilight Zone.

Faerie
20th December 2005, 3:50 AM
If it's written correctly, then yes. However, it's not an excuse to do IM-style scripts. You have to put some effort into the writing.

RaZoR LeAf
20th December 2005, 1:29 PM
theres a difference between IM script and an actual script.

IM script:
misty: ash, why arent we in mahongony yet?
ash: i guess because brock got us lost again
brock: dont blame me the map is impossible to read

real script:
(the gang is heading along in a dense forest. misty looks angry and exasperated, and a puzzled brock is trying to decipher the map. ash is leading the crowd, looking oblivious to his companions irritation and bad mood.)
misty (angrily): ash why arent we in mahogany yet?
ash (with a sigh): i guess because brock got us lost again
brock (frustrated): dont blame me the map is impossible to read

so yeah real script format is fine if its intended as a script

A proper script doesn't have directions for how the person should sound, since it diminishes the control an actor has over the character. This (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=97783), is an example of a proper script.

Lovrina addict 4ever!!!!
20th December 2005, 8:03 PM
A proper script doesn't have directions for how the person should sound, since it diminishes the control an actor has over the character. This (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=97783), is an example of a proper script.

O RLY? Although(sp?) your reason is good, yes it does, but all the plays I've acted in had directions on how we should sound. Maybe that is why all the plays are crappy?

Eternal Daydreamer
20th December 2005, 8:14 PM
I think Is This Really Pokemon Colosseum? qualifies as a play fic because it has acts. So, in other words, should I make a play fic based off of Pokemon XD?

It depends how you write it. Play. Yes. AIM. No. Play. Good. AIM. Bad. Get it? And btw, if you want to make a banner, go PM some of the people at the Fan Art section.

Grizabella

Yoru Ryu
20th December 2005, 11:37 PM

It's not really a play fic, per se. At least, it didn't intend to be one. It's just an average script fic that uses the term "Act" instead of "Chapter" just to add some randomness. I'd never even thought of it as a play format, but just a script XD It only has one scene per Act when technically it should have about five different scenes per act to be in a proper play format.

Snagger Outlaw has done a spin-off of Is this Really Pokemon Colosseum? about Colosseum XD in a similar format too.