PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious Dungeon Question

danktrans
20th December 2005, 8:31 PM
What are the odds that Nintedo will release this game in America?

All of the Mysterious Dungeon games in the past we unreleased in America (Except for Chocobo's Dungeon, or something to that extent.)

Does Nintendo assume that this will be a market flop? How is this game fairing in the Japanese market?

LordGek
20th December 2005, 8:42 PM
Good question.

Many of us are hoping that since the "Pokemon" brand name is pure money they will make an exception with this one and bring it over. The only thing making me a little nervous, however, is that while we know now that they are porting over Trozei, we have to wait until March and that had almost no real heavy text to translate...does this mean will have to wait years for something like PMD to come over?

While I still have pretty strong hopes PMD will make it over here, I'm almost certain it will be with minimal hype and a half assed strategy guide whereas in Japan it was treated as a huge game complete with at least 3 major (300-500 pages) official strategy guides released for it (one emphasizing the walk-thru while the others got more into the game's mechanics and detailed descriptions of all of the items and pokemon).

ProtoManEXE88
21st December 2005, 1:43 AM
Considering the fact that they're releasing Trozei here, I think the chances are very high.

LordGek
21st December 2005, 2:24 AM
I'm hoping so but you figure if they could only bring over one (as we know, we never get close to half the cool Japanese titles), the Trozei puzzle game would be a breeze (comparitively) to localize.

FabuVinny
21st December 2005, 3:57 PM
Pokémon is Nintendo's second biggest franchise. They have no reason not to want to translate this.

Jesus Freak Nor
2nd January 2006, 11:04 PM
I hope they do. This game is awesome and has awesome music. I have it in Japanese.

CoolTrainerTerry
2nd January 2006, 11:07 PM
I hope they do. More than likely, they will. If they are doing it for Trozei, then they will probably do the same for Mysterious Dungeon.

RainbowIslands
3rd January 2006, 10:54 AM
Pokémon is Nintendo's second biggest franchise. They have no reason not to want to translate this.

Then which is the 1st then?

I hope so also we can play the game in english...

MaskedManAbsolkid
3rd January 2006, 12:03 PM
Then which is the 1st then?

Mario. And (to FabuVinny), not only did a few games not come out of Japan, even the top brand for Nintendo (Mario) had at least one game which never came out of Japan.

Still, I'm hoping for it to come out of Japan.

JazzJazz
3rd January 2006, 9:32 PM
Pokémon is Nintendo's second biggest franchise.

I'm not sure if they're the second biggest... things like Zelda and Metroid would surely rank quite high.

Alastor DMc
3rd January 2006, 11:15 PM
The reason Trozei isn't coming here till March is not because of translations but because of marketing. Nintendo probably has many games coming out before then, and just doesn't have the ability to release it before then. As for MD, I have high hopes of it coming here, possibly around summer. That's just a guess though

Char1016
8th January 2006, 7:31 PM
The MD will be translated into english this year, I don't know but I think like this. Anyone thought about when Ranger, Diamond and Pearl will come out in english?
Maybe 2007 or 2008. Thinking again, these what I said aren't true. Just opinions.

Iron_Mew
23rd January 2006, 10:20 AM
I hope they do. This game is awesome and has awesome music. I have it in Japanese.
Off-topic: Oh do you? Is it very playable for a person with know Japanese knowledge?
On-topic: Well they better release it here or.... I'll eat cookies all day and not buy a Mario game they make! Even though that'll punish me more. Every bit counts. But Pokemon is their second biggest seller, they ought to for their sake. That's not a threat.