PDA

View Full Version : Help! MTG question!

Nagi Souichiro
21st December 2005, 1:45 AM
I just got a Moonlight Bargain card from my booster, here's the stats:

Moonlight Bargain 3BB
Instant--
Look at the top five cards of your library. For each card, put that card into your graveyard unless you pay 2 life. Then put the rest into your hand.

Anyways, I'm using a Dimir deck, and I was just wondering if this card is any good (or beneficial) to my deck.

I'm choosing whether to put Compulsive Research or Moonlight Bargain (I already have 3 copies of Compulsive research on my deck)

thnx!

chaoslord
21st December 2005, 2:40 AM
I just got a Moonlight Bargain card from my booster, here's the stats:

Moonlight Bargain 3BB
Instant--
Look at the top five cards of your library. For each card, put that card into your graveyard unless you pay 2 life. Then put the rest into your hand.

Anyways, I'm using a Dimir deck, and I was just wondering if this card is any good (or beneficial) to my deck.

I'm choosing whether to put Compulsive Research or Moonlight Bargain (I already have 3 copies of Compulsive research on my deck)

thnx!

It depends on your playing style. It is a Sui card, in the same vein as Necropotence. Basically, think of it like this: if youre willing to pay the life, play it. If you think the loss of life is stupid, don't play it.

Personally, I'd run it, as its not that bad of a card. But, I have a friend who plays black who won't run anything even close to Sui, outside of Phyrexian Arena, on the principle that he needs the life to win.

Again, just go by your own instincts on this one. It's playable, especially because it is an instant, and Dimir can use the card draw to an extreme advantage, but its not necissarily the best thing out there.