PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Lightning Surge

klducks
21st December 2005, 8:04 PM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/judgment/lightning_surge.jpg
Lightning Surge - Judgement. Rare
3RR: Sorcery
Lightning Surge deals 4 damage to target creature or player.
Threshold - Instead Lightning Surge deals 6 damage to that creature or player and the damage can't be prevented.
Flashback 5RR (You may play this card from your graveyard for its flashback cost. Then remove it from the game.)

A pretty bleh card. I guess if you run a heavy burn deck, you could have 7 sorceries + in your graveyard. I dunno, I'd rather run Lava Axe since it only uses 1 red mana instead of 2 and it's a secure 5 damage, instead of a possible 6, a possible 4. Lava Axe indeed.

The Duck's Rating: 1.5/5

Shadow Trainer
21st December 2005, 9:16 PM
A decent card, four damage for five mana isn't too bad and it does have a chance of doing six damage, the Flashback cost is a little too much though.Fireblast is probably better then this though. 2/5

TenteiKarite
22nd December 2005, 11:16 PM
it's a tad overcosted (the majority of the time), but it could find a home in a deck with some mana excel (i.e. Seething Song, Desperate Ritual, Mana Seism) that could make use of its Flashback, but it'd be better just to use Fireball in that kind of deck.
Casual:3/5 access to the aformentioned Mana excel
Limited:2/5 not so much mana excel here, and the RR in its cost hurts its chances of making a R/G deck.
Overall:2.5/5
Art:4/5 Freeeky.
;059;