source Pokeani:

episode 160

"ジュプトルVSトロピウス!草原の決闘!!"
Juuputoru vs Toropiusu! Sougen no kettou!! 2006.1.26

Grovyle VS Tropius! Grass Field Duel!!

Grovyle might evolve.....???

Chris
21st December 2005, 7:11 PM
Hoi. It just says Juptile is battling Tropius. No indication of evolution. Let's not start up the whole "LOLZ IT R GUN EVOLVE!" rumors when there's no evidence. --;

And I'm changing the title of the topic. "New episode title" fits better than "New anime title." The current title is misleading. :s

S.Suikun
21st December 2005, 7:31 PM
Grovyle has been on a losing streak lately. Here's hoping we can finally turn this around. On top of that, Tropius never got that much screentime in the first place. Just in a short-lived double battle in the Hoenn League. Sounds like a good battle, even if it's a filler.

The Benmeister
21st December 2005, 7:36 PM
Sounds interesting. Go Grovyle!

I love grass Pokemon so this episode must be seen by me!

CyberCubed
21st December 2005, 7:37 PM
I'm very pleased that Tropius gets another episode. It never even got a filler to itself, and it only appeared in a league match.

Tropius is an interesting Pokemon, nice to see it return. And a Grovyle Vs. Tropius match is bound to be good. Grovyle has been on a losing streak lately, hopefully it'll do good in this one.

Sounds like another great episode, nice to see things back on track again.

Brinstar
21st December 2005, 7:38 PM
I'm going to jump on the Grovyle evolves bandwagon. Either that or the guy's gonna learn a new move. I can't see them just having Grovyle win (or lose) this without gaining SOMETHING, especially with how the Battle Frontier saga has been moving along lately.

MidnightScott
21st December 2005, 7:42 PM
I wish Ash's Pokémon would evolve for once O_o - they've been the same for like 3 seasons (except for Phanpy evolving)

~Scott;229;

CyberCubed
21st December 2005, 7:43 PM
Eh, his entire AG team has been filled with evolutions. :/

As you said the only one that didn't is Corphish.

Jikkle
21st December 2005, 7:45 PM
If you want so see pokemon not evolve than I suggest you watch the Johto saga :D

As far as the new episode goes I highly doubt evolution but I think I'll go with Grovyle learning a new move since he's pretty much due for something like that to happen.

Missingno. Master
21st December 2005, 7:55 PM
OK, I'm going to go with "OMG TeH gRoVyLe IsH gOnNa To EvOlvZoRzErZ!111!!!!!!11one1!" here.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
21st December 2005, 7:57 PM
An episode with grovyle in the title? and tropius?

I cannot imagine grovyle taking down a tropius, so I do predict and evolution (then again, super squirtle)

maybe grovyle will start losing the fight, evolve and kick ***

but we did only have a phanpy evolution a while ago

crawdauntpro
21st December 2005, 8:00 PM
This is probably not the same but Charmeleon did evolve into Charizard within 5 episodes, so anything is possible.

Michiko
21st December 2005, 8:01 PM
Wow, Tropius again^^ Cool!
I hope, the battle between Tropius and Grovyle will be ok.
I would like to see a Tropius as a winner^^

rjendo
21st December 2005, 8:01 PM
Let's put it this way. Tropius is part Flying type, and we all know Flying types have a major advantage over Grass types, so I'd say an evolution is Highly likely! And by the way, we know that lately, a LOT of Evolution has been happening. Can anyone put the evolutions from the start of Hoenn to now in Chronological order?

;363;

ghost master
21st December 2005, 8:03 PM
Let's put it this way. Tropius is part Flying type, and we all know Flying types have a major advantage over Grass types, so I'd say an evolution is Highly likely! And by the way, we know that lately, a LOT of Evolution has been happening. Can anyone put the evolutions from the start of Hoenn to know in Chronological order? Well this is the same Grovyle that took down an Altaria.

crawdauntpro
21st December 2005, 8:06 PM
Well this is the same Grovyle that took down an Altaria.

Yeah, but lost to Luvdisc (LOL).

Black Marauder
21st December 2005, 8:08 PM
OK, I'm going to go with "OMG TeH gRoVyLe IsH gOnNa To EvOlvZoRzErZ!111!!!!!!11one1!" here.

Don't you always? =~|

Well this is the same Grovyle that took down an Altaria.

Exactly.

I just hope that the battle is spectacular and I enjoy it.

The Benmeister
21st December 2005, 8:11 PM
Let's put it this way. Tropius is part Flying type, and we all know Flying types have a major advantage over Grass types, so I'd say an evolution is Highly likely! And by the way, we know that lately, a LOT of Evolution has been happening. Can anyone put the evolutions from the start of Hoenn to now in Chronological order?

;363;

Well, first May's Wurmple evolved into Silcoon and Jessie's into Cascoon...
Likewise with Beautifly and Dustox.
I think next was Brock's Lotad.
Then Ash's Treecko.
Then Ash's Taillow.
Next was May's Torchic.
Brock's Lombre followed...
Then Ash's Snorunt...
Then Brock's Mudkip...
Then Ash's Phanpy.

That is quite a lot considering in Johto there were only six evolutions (compared to the twelve here) and I reckon the time span of both is very close. Could we see Grovyle evolving? I hope not, but you never know.

Momoko Lover
21st December 2005, 8:12 PM
Just because the battle is over grass types, doesn't mean Grovyle is going to evolve. I don't think Grovyle is evolving, well not in this episode at least, it sounds like a filler.

Zoramon089
21st December 2005, 8:22 PM
I wish Ash's Pokémon would evolve for once O_o - they've been the same for like 3 seasons (except for Phanpy evolving)

~Scott;229;

Umm, did you miss the whole AG season? There were tons of evolutions for everyone. But I do wish Grovyle would evolve. I like Sceptile better

intergalactic platypus
21st December 2005, 8:28 PM
i do hope grovyle evolves. it hasnt been doing well lately, and its character is based on self improvement, so this would fit perfectly. plus a grovyle centered ep would be wonderful timing. im just excited cause i have sceptile and tropius both on my mono grass team and now both lines will battle in the anime

ghost master
21st December 2005, 8:31 PM
I would like to remind all people who think Grovyle is going to evolve that there has been so many hints in the past. Everyone thought that it was going to evolve but, didnt. I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah, but lost to Luvdisc (LOL).
Well I didnt think of it that big of a deal but, people seem to think luvdisc is a weak pathetic pokemon. Although after it lost to Luvdisc it's rep went down and went into a losing streak.

JazzJazz
21st December 2005, 8:37 PM
I would like to remind all people who think Grovyle is going to evolve that there has been so many hints in the past. Everyone thought that it was going to evolve but, didnt. I'm not holding my breath.

I'm with you, we've been disappointed too many times before. I find it's best not to expect anything and actually get some joy when an evolution/capture/etc. occurs.

MidnightScott
21st December 2005, 8:39 PM
No, I didn't miss any of it. It's just don't you think his other Pokémon should've evolved - such as Corphish...?
I also wish he would train them better. I also wonder why May didn't keep her Skitty with her >_>;

~Scott;229;

phoenix12
21st December 2005, 8:41 PM
not to assume that it's automatically either an evolution or new attack episode, but if it is a new attack episode, which attack do you think it would be? If it stays at all true to the games, the only level-up attacks left for Grovyle is False Swipe (doesn't seem real appropriate for taking down a Tropius)....in terms of TM attacks, I wouldn't mind seeing Giga Drain

basically, the lack of potential attacks leads me to believe evolution is more likely than a new attack....or the title is just f*cking with us and we'll get nothing ;-) naw..kidding...even just a regular battle between these two should be decent

CyberCubed
21st December 2005, 8:42 PM
Dragon Claw maybe for an attack. It goes well with Leaf Blade.

Squirtle_007
21st December 2005, 8:43 PM
Wow, Tropius!, I love that Pokémon so much!, it´s my favorite Flying-type Pokémon in Hoenn!
And all of Grovyle fights (or the ones that I´d watch) are very awesome.
I wonder what kind of trainer would have a Tropius and why will Satoshi and he/she battle?

IMPERIAL DRAGON
21st December 2005, 8:54 PM
I’m hoping for the best yet expecting the worst. Face facts, Grovyle’s evolution is far overdue, and because of his pure spirit and lust for power, his evolution is rather inevitable, it’s just a simple case of why and what provokes it. And quite frankly, this is an appropriate incentive. I’m not jumping on the bandwagon, but it’s a huge possibility, no one can deny that.

Gravy
21st December 2005, 9:02 PM
No, I didn't miss any of it. It's just don't you think his other Pokémon should've evolved - such as Corphish...?
No~

I also wish he would train them better.
Yeah, his methods of training must really suck considering he's managing to defeat trainers who have skills rivalling the Elite Four. The fact that the majority of his AG pokémon have evolved also indicates he needs to step up on the training. And lets not forget all the battle practise and improvement of newley learned techniques, because that really isn't enough, is it?
Yeah, I'm done...

I still don't get where all this "Grovyle hasn't been doing well lately" bull is coming from.
As I pointed out in another thread, it hasn't had a battle since Greta's Hariyama, and before that its last trainer battles resulted in it taking down a Steelix and dealing heavy damage to a Metagross. The only thing wrong with Grovyle, is that it isn't getting as much screen time as it did when it was still a Treecko. And thats all.

As for the episode itself. Grovyle = Awesome. And his battles are almost always incredibly impressive, so thats reason enough to get excited about this episode.
Either way, its going to be interesting to see how Grovyle and Ash plan to deal with such a massive (and UNDERUSED!!!) grass type, especially with its advantages~
I want to know more about this Grass battlefield that the episode seems to take place at. Makes me wonder if its not unlike the Grass type competetion that was held in mid-Johto.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
21st December 2005, 9:06 PM
Well, first May's Wurmple evolved into Silcoon and Jessie's into Cascoon...
Likewise with Beautifly and Dustox.
I think next was Brock's Lotad.
Then Ash's Treecko.
Then Ash's Taillow.
Next was May's Torchic.
Brock's Lombre followed...
Then Ash's Snorunt...
Then Brock's Mudkip...
Then Ash's Phanpy.

You forgot about Misty and her Togepi.

Well Grovyle vs Tropius? Plus in a grass field too. I dunno but what if this is the Battle Palace? I'm going with Grovyle probably learning a new move anyways.

Kabuto
21st December 2005, 9:08 PM
This could be good. A cameo for Tropius. Possible Sceptile. Lets all get our hopes up. I care more about Grovyles evolution more than anything in the show right now.

ŁańkaŃ
21st December 2005, 9:10 PM
Well...i wonder if it is going to learn a move..which would it be...

and if evolve..hmm..lol

now i remember when everyone was going crazy with Treecko Evolving...so...let's see how things..go

i want it to evolve..but i'm not going to jump to conclusions :D

Kabuto
21st December 2005, 9:12 PM
If it learns a move, I'd want dragon claw/solarbeam

Crystal Clair
21st December 2005, 9:27 PM
Wow! A battle with Tropius! I hope Tropius kicks butt!
Seriously my favorite grass Pokemon lacks a good gallery of pics. And I cant wait to see it in animation when it airs, sometime in January, I guess.
Ah, an evolution speculation as soon as you hear anything to do with "big battle". I guess all Pokemon forums have those speculators.

Sushi
21st December 2005, 9:34 PM
And the only thing I care about is that an episode is actually focused on Grovyle.

Tropius is also one of my favorite Hoenn Pokémon, so this is also a reason why I'm looking forward to see this episode. All it got so far was a horribly animated episode, so....yay for another appearance.

This'd better be a good animation team that will be in charge of this ep though. I don't want Grovyle's movements to look as clunky as in the Petalburg Gym episode ~_~

Rant over.
Go Grovyle =D

Geki
21st December 2005, 9:39 PM
Ash's Grovyle is definetly going to evolve in this episode. *Sigh* the time has finally come. ALL MAKE WAY FOR SCEPTILE!!!!!!

Kabuto
21st December 2005, 9:40 PM
Nothing is definite. I wish though.

Gravy
21st December 2005, 9:47 PM
Ash's Grovyle is definetly going to evolve in this episode. *Sigh* the time has finally come. ALL MAKE WAY FOR SCEPTILE!!!!!!
^
I hate this thread already.

And the only thing I care about is that an episode is actually focused on Grovyle.
^
Though I suppose there are always some that make it worthwhile ^.^

Wind Waker
21st December 2005, 9:51 PM
i could imagine tropius swooping down on grovyle when grovyle jumps up with leaf blade and slices it.
but whatever happens, don't evolve grovyle, i'm happy for a filler, because like some people, grovyle's on a loosing streak, tropius has had little screentime and the match-up seems to be a good one anyway.

Phantom_Bugsy
21st December 2005, 9:54 PM
I just want my Tomono back.

Please and thank you. :3

Heracross
21st December 2005, 9:55 PM
Well this sounds promising. I honestly don't give a damn whether Juputoru evolves or not, but he's an awesome pokémon, so it's sweet that the episode is focused on him. He's been severely lacking decent screentime lately.

Nice to see Tropius again too. Hopefully that can come up with a more fitting voice this time.

Puffs
21st December 2005, 10:12 PM
-Ash & Co. are on their way to the next Battle Facility.
-They meet filler character who uses Tropius to help with some sort of mildly interesting job (probably inolving its fruit characteristics).
-Ash decides to battle with him/her.
-Ash chooses to battle with Grovyle.
-One of them almost wins when TR shows up with a net.
-Grovyle uses Leaf Blade to cut open the net and Tropius escapes.
-Tropius kicks TR's *** with a cool move that is seldom showcased (such as Magical Leaf).
-May or Brock use their pokemon for comic relief/something completely unnecessary.
-Pikachu Volt Tackles them and they blast off again.
-Classic walking away, waving goodbye in the sunset scene to conclude the episode.

At least it has my 2nd favorite Grass type.

-_-

ŁańkaŃ
21st December 2005, 10:14 PM
-Ash & Co. are on their way to the next Battle Facility.
-They meet filler character who uses Tropius to help with some sort of mildly interesting job (probably inolving its fruit characteristics).
-Ash decides to battle with him/her.
-Ash chooses to battle with Grovyle.
-One of them almost wins when TR shows up with a net.
-Grovyle uses Leaf Blade to cut open the net and Tropius escapes.
-Tropius kicks TR's *** with a cool move that is seldom showcased (such as Magical Leaf).
-May or Brock use their pokemon for comic relief/something completely unnecessary.
-Pikachu Volt Tackles them and they blast off again.
-Classic walking away, waving goodbye in the sunset scene to conclude the episode.

At least it has my 2nd favorite Grass type.

Now..that's a good plot...but i'd so more added to it...lol...

like...maybe something actually important going :P..lol

if not..it is a boring ep..lol

Kabuto
21st December 2005, 10:19 PM
good plot but no Sceptile ^__^

Puffs
21st December 2005, 10:21 PM
all i did was describe a Johto-ish filler involving Tropius.

-_-

Kabuto
21st December 2005, 10:23 PM
And Johtoish fillers suck. No offense Johto fans. I want a major battle that we haven't had in a while.

Ethereal
21st December 2005, 10:26 PM
Nothing would make me happier than to have Grovyle begin the usual evolution white glow crap, then have it decide to stay a Grovyle forever (read: just like that Bulbasaur episode). I'd laugh and laugh and lol myself to sleep.

Thriller
21st December 2005, 10:41 PM
Awwwww, I wanted to start the retarded "OMG, teh Gr0vy1E e5h goin 2 eV0lv3 n2 Sc3pTiLe" speculation.

I don't think it really will though, I just hope this isn't a pointless battle with TR coming into it just to steal the Tropius so the boss can use it as an airplane. I hope this will be a great battle and I'm a little suprised no one said Erika yet. C'mon, they haven't even got to Celadon City yet and considering its a pretty big city, why not go again?

Nothing would make me happier than to have Grovyle begin the usual evolution white glow crap, then have it decide to stay a Grovyle forever (read: just like that Bulbasaur episode). I'd laugh and laugh and lol myself to sleep.

Never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever going to happen. ;)

Riiiight.

CyberCubed
21st December 2005, 10:42 PM
^ True, that would be funny and I've love to see how people here react to it.

Although that would be against Grovyle's personality, all it's ever wanted to do since it was a Treecko was to grow and get stronger.

Honestly, it would be against Grovyle's character for it to never evolve. The writers surely remember that Grovyle is all about stength and power, so I'm wondering when the time will finally come.

The only bad thing is that Grovyle's design looks a hell of a lot sleeker than Sceptile's. Man, I sure hope Sceptile can look cool in the anime. :/

Phantom_Bugsy
21st December 2005, 10:46 PM
.....lol, you said Snap. WTF was that about? :0

...I never thought of Erika. o___0 Hm. But still. I'd rather have Tomono. :3

Thriller
21st December 2005, 10:48 PM
I thought Tomono was Snap/Todd

Heracross
21st December 2005, 10:49 PM
The only bad thing is that Grovyle's design looks a hell of a lot sleeker than Sceptile's. Man, I sure hope Sceptile can look cool in the anime. :/
Indeed. I always found Jukain to be rather ugly, myself.

Phantom_Bugsy
21st December 2005, 10:51 PM
I thought Tomono was Snap/Todd

Nope. XD Tomono is Tomono. Tooru is Todd. :D

Tomono had the Tropius and Swalot in the league, remember? :0

V Faction
21st December 2005, 10:52 PM
Tomono had the Tropius in the Hoenn League. Ash faced him.

...Go look in the Attack Catalog thread.

Two things for this episode:

#1 - That Tropius doesn't sound like a sick Lapras (which, oddly enough, already sounds sick)

#2 - That we get a Tropius that thinks outside the box a little. Stomp, Whirlwind, Sunny Day.... None of this Bullet Seed or Solarbeam crap (though I suppose you can't have SD without SB...)

Oh. And I guess having Grovyle evolve would be nice or something....

Thriller
21st December 2005, 10:52 PM
Ok sorry, *deletes joke*

XDLord
21st December 2005, 11:06 PM
Well, cross your fingers and hope we don't get a damn filler Grovyle and get and even worse filler w/ 2 rivals or crap like that.

The Benmeister
21st December 2005, 11:12 PM
You forgot about Misty and her Togepi.

Yes, but Misty is silly.

I still don't get where all this "Grovyle hasn't been doing well lately" bull is coming from.
As I pointed out in another thread, it hasn't had a battle since Greta's Hariyama, and before that its last trainer battles resulted in it taking down a Steelix and dealing heavy damage to a Metagross. The only thing wrong with Grovyle, is that it isn't getting as much screen time as it did when it was still a Treecko. And thats all.

I would have to agree. If I had noticed Grovyle going on a losing streak I would have said otherwise. But I haven't, so it can't have been doing all that bad.

ghost master
21st December 2005, 11:15 PM
C'mon, they haven't even got to Celadon City yet and considering its a pretty big city, why not go again? Well they kinda missed the opportunity. They are heading to cinnabar island arent they. I believe it was there or some island near there for the Battle Palace. Also Erika is about as likely as any other gym leader was about showing up. We even had an episode about psychic pokemon in Saffron that screamed Sabrina but, it never happened.

GreenKirby
21st December 2005, 11:16 PM
I really hope Grovyle evolves, even though it's already powerful, but any time is good time for a Sceptile.

TwilightFacade
21st December 2005, 11:21 PM
I dont know about this episode. I usually don't have a strong feeling about if there will be upcoming evolutions, but Grovyle hasn't really done anything that exciting since like "Balance of Power." This would be a good time for its evolution, but with Phanpy just evolving I have doubts. There goes my fantasy about Grovyle, Combusken, and Marshtomp evolving together though.
As for Tropius, I think Grovyle/Sceptile will defeat it, but it is good to see it again. Oh and if anyone else mentions Erika don't get your hopes up.

ZoraJolteon
21st December 2005, 11:24 PM
The sad thing is Grovyle's evolution is more likely than this episode doing Tropius the justice it deserves.

Sharpshooter
21st December 2005, 11:29 PM
Well it's at a disadvantage with the height and everything and so having a Sceptile and Tropius would realistically be more evenly matched, but whatever I'm just glad to see a good grass match up again since Ash's Grovyle has taken plenty of Pokémon down bigger than it.

heavybassx
21st December 2005, 11:48 PM
Unless Grovyle learns a new move that helps take down Tropius... it's either that or finally it evolves into Sceptile and becomes a powerhouse.

It'll either learn Solarbeam (urgh) or Dragonbreath.

XDLord
22nd December 2005, 12:07 AM
Just to tell, Serebii made a mistake on the main page. It should be episode 448, not 348.

Nintendo Theatre
22nd December 2005, 12:11 AM
An episode with grovyle in the title? and tropius?

I cannot imagine grovyle taking down a tropius, so I do predict and evolution (then again, super squirtle)

maybe grovyle will start losing the fight, evolve and kick ***

I agree, and I know that there is no evidence but last time Grovyle was in the title of an episode was when Ash's Treecko evolved into Grovyle so I too believe "OMG, teh Gr0vy1E e5h goin 2 eV0lv3 n2 Sc3pTiLe" but you never know, it could just learn a new move...

Still how cool would it be to see Grovyle attack Tropius and be flung against a wall only to evolve into the one and only Sceptile. One can dream...

The Big Al
22nd December 2005, 12:12 AM
Grovyle VS Tropius! Grass Field Duel!!
You know what? I'm about desperate enough to hope Erika returns in this episode. I know after Janine got the shaft it's about as likely as me winning the lottery and getting struck by lightning all in the same night but this is the best shot.

Heracross
22nd December 2005, 12:14 AM
Thinking about it makes Hera emo. :<

Nintendo Theatre
22nd December 2005, 12:15 AM
You know what? I'm about desperate enough to hope Erika returns in this episode. I know after Janine got the shaft it's about as likely as me winning the lottery and getting struck by lightning all in the same night but this is the best shot.

It could happen...throw in an evo. *cough*Sceptile*cough* and you'll have one of the best fillers in a while.

The Big Al
22nd December 2005, 12:30 AM
Thinking about it makes Hera emo. :<
What does "emo" mean anyway? I've heard it before.

Still, Grass vs. Grass in a grass field, this is the best shot to bring her in and coupled with Grovyle's evolution would make it the best episode of the season to date like the above poster said. Cross your fingers.

Heracross
22nd December 2005, 12:38 AM
What does "emo" mean anyway? I've heard it before.
Those poser kids who act all depressed and angsty, dress in black, and write bad poetry are emo. I use the term in a joking way to say that something makes me sad. In this case because I know the writers aren't going to show Erika again.

CoolTrainerTerry
22nd December 2005, 12:40 AM
4 possibilities:
1) Grovyle evolving
2) Grovyle learning a new attack
3) Someone catching Tropius (LOL, yeah, right)
4) Standard filler

The Big Al
22nd December 2005, 1:03 AM
Those poser kids who act all depressed and angsty, dress in black, and write bad poetry are emo. I use the term in a joking way to say that something makes me sad. In this case because I know the writers aren't going to show Erika again.
So very true but we always have hope (and fan fiction).

Puffs
22nd December 2005, 1:17 AM
Actually, with the episodes they've been showing lately, something important may happen in this episode.

As mentioned in an earlier thread, fillers in the BF seem to be at a minimum, making more room for Contests, Evolutions, Captures, Brain Battles, new moves, etc.

There may be a good chance of Grovyle evolving, or at least learning a new move. Or at least some good character development for Grovyle, which may lead up to an evolution in an episode following soon after this one.

Flamez
22nd December 2005, 2:31 AM
Definetly looking forward to this episode. Tropius is one of my favorite hoenn pokemon. As people have said before whenever grovyle enters a battle its most impressive. About the whole evolution thing as i've said before i think it will evolve whether its in this episode or not i'll just have to wait and see.
here's a break down on groyvle's win and losses:
Wins-
grovyle vs. slaking
grovyle vs. Altaria (winona 6th gym battle)
pikachu and grovyle vs. walrein and quagsire
glalie and grovyle vs. Charizard and quilava
grovyle vs. Walrien
grovyle vs. Steelix
grovyle vs. onix

losses-
grovyle vs. Swellow- common people u know they were setting up for swellow vs swellow match.
grovyle vs. altaria ( Elite 4 drakes pokemon, besides ash was on a winning streak he had to be cooled off)
Grovyle vs. Luvdisc- (really dont know what to say, it was confused and repeatedly banged its head on the pillar)
grovyle vs. charizard ( not a bad loss for groyvle)
grovyle vs. gligar ( definetly one of masamune's strongest pokemon and got took down by the attack guillotine-an attack that causes fainting)
Grovyle vs. Metagross ( Tetsuya's very powerful pokemon, but still grovyle managed to deal some damage so pikachu could take it out)
Grovyle vs. Hariyama( Was hit by focus punch and hit the cieling and then crashed on the floor, i mean common thats gotta hurt, besides u all know that the writers wanted to give complete glory to snorlax)
*Maybe i missed a match or two if i did feel free to correct me.
out of all the losses only 1 which is against luvdisc could possibly be argued about the rest make sense. And even the one with luvdisc as i said before it banged its head multiple times on the pillar then got taken out by luvdisc. Luvdisc could've possibly been at a very high level u cant judge that its weak just because it looks like that.

Jikkle
22nd December 2005, 3:00 AM
This episode could wind up being a filler that's a tournment Ash joins and the final battle is Ash facing a trainer on a grass field against a Tropius. Usually when an episode features one of Ash's pokemon especially in a big battle like this sounds like it'll be than the pokemon usually learns a new move or evovles. I'm thinking that it will most likely learn a new move like Dragon Claw or Solar Beam but since it looks like the writers are taking their chance in BF to setup for D/P saga they may have Grovyle evovle into Sceptile before he gets dumped at Oaks in a couple of months. No matter what happens it will probably be a good filler battle at least.

SuperSonic
22nd December 2005, 3:49 AM
Hmmm, usually I'm a person who leans towards evolution. But lately I've been quite content. I've been happy with how they've handled the teams and all the noteable events that have come out of nowhere have been very well done. Also, Grovyle is an awesome pokemon, a truly great fighter.

I guess it all depends on how they handle Sceptile if evolution does occur.

DEMONCAMERUPT
22nd December 2005, 3:54 AM
anyone wanna make a bet that Grovyle not only evolves but learns a new attack or two.

JazzJazz
22nd December 2005, 4:20 AM
anyone wanna make a bet that Grovyle not only evolves but learns a new attack or two.

I'll bet a good figure on it not learning a new move... I'll bet practically my life on it not learning two new moves.

Mawile_Eyes
22nd December 2005, 4:52 AM
Grovyle vs Tropius? It may happen like this: Grovyle vs, and then, it can't stand Tropius's Aerial Ace! Boom, it evolves into Sceptile and use Dragon Claw

Yamato-san
22nd December 2005, 8:43 AM
Well this sounds promising. I honestly don't give a damn whether Juputoru evolves or not, but he's an awesome pok&#233;mon, so it's sweet that the episode is focused on him. He's been severely lacking decent screentime lately.

Nice to see Tropius again too. Hopefully that can come up with a more fitting voice this time.

This sums up most of my thoughts pretty well. An evolution's not guaranteed by this point, and while this episode will definitely keep me on the edge of my seat as I watch it, it sounds promising whether evolution occurs or not. I really do look forward to his evolution, and I too think it's inevitable, but even if it doesn't happen this time, Juptor kicks a** and hasn't had decent screentime in a while. Tropius is a cool Pokemon as well, making this episode sound all the more better. But, like Heracross, I wish they could use a better voice than the Laplace knock-off. Why don't they opt to bring back that nifty squishy noise it made in the Jirachi movie?

The title alone shows promise, and I expect that the ONLY possible way this episode could be ruined on me is if it's some horridly-animated plot involving a filler character (who's a complete wuss with no interesting traits) constantly trying to battle Satoshi's Juptor, but every battle gets constantly interrupted by Rocket Dan before they can really get into it (I'm thinking along the lines of Metal Man's debut episode in Rockman.EXE Access). During the last interruption, Rocket Dan steals Juptor and Tropius before Haruka's Zenigame and Gonbe (which, for no apparent reason, were out of their Monster Balls the whole time) team up to save the day along with her new egg Pokemon, which previously shows absolutely no signs of being uber up until this particular episode, and they each learn a new, extremely powerful attack while doing so (Hydro Cannon on Zenigame, namely), and Juptor and Tropius are completely helpless the whole time.... oh, and Takeshi's Usohachi is out of its Monster Ball throughout the whole episode crying, and absolutely no decent comic relief from Rocket Dan, in fact, Manene never comes out of its ball.... OK, maybe that's a bit extreme (those events wouldn't exactly need to occur together to screw this up), but I still say the odds of this episode disappointing are slim to nill. Hell, Erika reappearing or Juptor learning two new attacks after evolving into Jukain, or even both in the same episode, are probably more likely.

Pokeballs
22nd December 2005, 8:53 AM
ya as long as the fight is decently animated i'll be happy...

but if Grovyle does evolve, i hope it has a different voice from Tetsuya's Sceptile o.O

Yamato-san
22nd December 2005, 9:06 AM
ya as long as the fight is decently animated i'll be happy...

but if Grovyle does evolve, i hope it has a different voice from Tetsuya's Sceptile o.O

Don't worry. Satoshi's Juptor has the same seiyuu as his Kimori did as far as I know. Juptor to Jukain isn't a very drastic change either, not like Gomazou to Donphan (in which something cute turns into something big and bulky), so that's even less reason for the voice to change (though, dub viewers can probably look forward to evolution as a chance to change the crap he has now).

Gravy
22nd December 2005, 2:48 PM
I can imagine Sceptile's voice remaining identical to Grovyle's actually. Similar to what they did with Ash's Pidgeotto when it finally evolved into Pidgeot. They didn't drastically change it, and it worked. I wouldn't be dissapointed at all if they did something like that~

though, dub viewers can probably look forward to evolution as a chance to change the crap he has now
One voice actor with Absol, Shiftry, Blastoise and Blaziken. Hold the creativity.

DarkWobbuffet
23rd December 2005, 7:49 AM
Well I'm not going to make assumptions... so... um... excuse me for a second.

*walks into a broom closet, the sounds of whooping and hollering can be heard, then he walks back out*

Looks to be a great battle, I always pictured a Tropius to be an ideal rival for Juptle. As for Erika's apperence, I highly doubt it. As I've pointed out before, the writers phail at continuity, and if they didn't bring back Natsume or Kyou, they probably won't bring back Erika. Besides, if she was coming back they probably would had mentioned her in the title.

The Big Al
23rd December 2005, 11:46 AM
Actually, they've not mention a lot of events in the title. Phanpy's and Mudkip's evolutions (Mudkip's title was in it for crying out loud). Eevee's hatching. So just because "Erika" isn't in the title doesn't eliminate the chance she's in it. However, the writers will very unlikely have her reappear. They've decided to give all the glory to the blasted brains who turned out to be nothing more than gym leaders themselves.

Almighty Zard
23rd December 2005, 12:32 PM
They've decided to give all the glory to the blasted brains who turned out to be nothing more than gym leaders themselves.

you forgot to add superior to that statement.

xsweet_peax
23rd December 2005, 1:35 PM
Yes, but Misty is silly.Wha...?! >_> How is she "silly"...? Just 'cause she's not a regular character and isn't around makes her "silly"? Her evolutions aren't important enough that they're "silly"?.......I think that STATEMENT you made was "silly"....

Anyway, I'm glad there's a whole episode on Grovyle. It's been a while since it had a great fight. It's a Pokemon with a loner type of personality and it had a great reputation. Somehow, that image kinda disappeared with the writers so hopefully they'll bring it back with this fight.

ChaosMage
27th December 2005, 7:05 PM
If Grovyle doesn't evolve in this episode, I'll be furious and it'll suffer from Glalie disease by the time it does evolve. It'll inevitably be dumped after the remaining three brains.

Besides, the Battle Palace will require at least one new or returning pokemon to be good. That pokemon is Sceptile. Whoo!!!

Sorry if wanting Ash's coolest pokemon to reach its full potential and become the star player on the team offends you. In fact, if Phanpy and Mudkip can evolve and Grovyle and Combusken don't (I'm fighting to not mention Corphish here!) I'll be appalled!

Magical Leaf
27th December 2005, 8:57 PM
Remember the Crawdaunt episode? A good majority though Corphish would evolve or at least learn a new attack, and at the end it gets nothing but some decent screentime.
Although i'm hoping that because Grovyle is mentioned in the title, we'll at least get something.

Gravy
27th December 2005, 9:50 PM
I wouldn't be dissapointed if its was just Grovlye being his usual kickass self. We haven't had an epic Grovyle battle in a long while now, and IMO, that would be all it would take to make this episode great.
This episode has SO much potential to weave Grovyle's feirce and determined personallity into it, and I hope the opportunity isn't missed~

Good battle + Grovyle's personallity = Fine by me.

Komedic Konservationist
27th December 2005, 9:55 PM
Sorry if wanting Ash's coolest pokemon to reach its full potential and become the star player on the team offends you. !
Except it won't be his coolest Pokemon if it evolves. Grovyle looks sleek and badass, while Sceptile is fugly. If Grovyle evolves I'll be royally miffed, especially after poor Snorunt was cursed with turning into a hideous overpowered beast.

CyberCubed
27th December 2005, 10:01 PM
The TCG already hints to a Grovyle evolution, it'll probably end up happening in this episode, since we probably won't get another Grovyle focused episode for a long time.

The BF saga is quickly coming to an end (it's already half over) and Grovyle will most likely get dumped at Oaks anyway, so might as well see him reach his full potential before he's casted aside in favor of D/P Pokemon.

MagicBox
27th December 2005, 10:06 PM
Except it won't be his coolest Pokemon if it evolves. Grovyle looks sleek and badass, while Sceptile is fugly.A Pokemon's looks don't determine whether it's cool or not. Seriously, it doesn't have to look the same to keep it's original personality, which is what really made everyone like Grovyle in the first place. Personally, I couldn't care less if Grovyle evolved or not, but I don't think it would be any less cool if it did.

I do agree that Grovyle will either evolve or learn a new move in this episode. Lately, when a specific Pokemon is in the episode title, something special usually happens to it.

Kabuto
27th December 2005, 10:34 PM
Yes if any one should evolve at this point its grovyle. Like Cybercubed said, if Grovyle is shafted at Oaks after this saga why waste its potential now? I just pray the writers don't make the same mistake as Bayleef.

And out of the starters I would also like to see Marshtomp evolve as well. Because Marshtomp and Grovyle may leave after the BF saga. Combusken will not because its Mays starter therefore I wouldn't mind if it evolves in the D/P region. But Grovyle must evolve in this episode to make up for lost sceentime and hopefully Marshtomp will become a Swampert before the BF is over.

Almighty Zard
28th December 2005, 12:04 AM
Remember the Crawdaunt episode? A good majority though Corphish would evolve or at least learn a new attack, and at the end it gets nothing but some decent screentime.
Although i'm hoping that because Grovyle is mentioned in the title, we'll at least get something.

difference here being that Grovyle's name is in the actual title unlike Corphish's, and before you say otherwise when Mudkips name was in the title a while back, it ended up evolving with the first three to five minutes of the episode, who knows what'll happen, but i'm hoping like mad for evolution though cause i really want to see a starter finally break the mold other than Charizard.

V Faction
28th December 2005, 12:41 AM
I predict that Tropius will evolve. Evolution for Grovyle? You people so crazy.

DEMONCAMERUPT
28th December 2005, 1:03 AM
I predict that Tropius will evolve. Evolution for Grovyle? You people so crazy.

no your the crazy one as Tropius has no known evo and Grovyle does os it will evolve and maybe learn a new attack or two.

V Faction
28th December 2005, 1:04 AM
no your the crazy one as Tropius has no known evo and Grovyle does os it will evolve and maybe learn a new attack or two.
Someone want to explain it to him?

Kabuto
28th December 2005, 1:06 AM
V Faction is joking.

DEMONCAMERUPT
28th December 2005, 1:18 AM
V Faction is joking.
I know i just tricked ya all. Hows my acting

CyberCubed
28th December 2005, 1:43 AM

If you call that acting, I give it two thumbs down.

Judai Yuki
28th December 2005, 1:54 AM
Aww dont be so mean cyber.There's a 90% that Groyvle will evolve almost every ep in this saga where a member of the teams pokemon name is mentioned it evolved.

ChaosMage
28th December 2005, 8:50 AM

Awful. You'll be on Zoey 101 in no time.

Judai Yuki
28th December 2005, 1:50 PM
xD thats so evil now he might cry.;231;

Kabuto
29th December 2005, 3:25 AM
Was Tropius in the show yet? I don't remember it appearing.

Almighty Zard
29th December 2005, 3:31 AM
Was Tropius in the show yet? I don't remember it appearing.

it appeared breifly in the hoenn league getting taking down with poor Torkoal in a beam shoot out.

Kabuto
29th December 2005, 3:39 AM
Interesting. Well in any event it'll play a bigger role in this episode.

Lupin
29th December 2005, 11:51 AM
Interesting. Well in any event it'll play a bigger role in this episode.

And hopefully it will prove to be a good match up against Grovyle

XyronTheFalcon
29th December 2005, 1:11 PM
And hopefully it almost defeatsGrovyle and at that monment Grovyle evolves(Thinking like a writer!)and whack his ***!

The Benmeister
29th December 2005, 2:10 PM
Wha...?! >_> How is she "silly"...? Just 'cause she's not a regular character and isn't around makes her "silly"? Her evolutions aren't important enough that they're "silly"?.......I think that STATEMENT you made was "silly"....

Whoa, dude! Chill, chill! Someone's taking things a bit too seriously!

I'm wondering what a grass field has anything to do with the journey the gang are taking. What city would they be near or in during the episode?

Kabuto
29th December 2005, 2:15 PM
I'm wondering what a grass field has anything to do with the journey the gang are taking. What city would they be near or in during the episode?

Celadon. Unfortunately, this probably has nothing to do with Erika.

Lupin
29th December 2005, 8:56 PM

As the previous episodes havn't had the gym leaders, I'm not putting my hopes up on this one.

ghost master
29th December 2005, 9:09 PM
They are in Fuschia.They are already past Celadon it wouldnt make sense for them to go back to Celadon. Also to answer Benmeister2's question. It could be anywhere. The anime made up about everything on the way to sootopolis from mossdeep they made up tons of islands and half the time they were just on land for no reason. Instead of them just getting a direct boat ride to Sootopolis they island hopped tons of times.

DEMONCAMERUPT
29th December 2005, 9:12 PM
would any of you be surprised if Erika was in the ep? I know i would be.

Yay Tropius vs Grovyle thats going to be cool.

Now all we need is for an ep involving Blaziken or having Wallace, Wally and Brendan Birch appear and i'll be a happy chappy.

The Big Al
29th December 2005, 9:20 PM
Actually, they might have taken the east route to Fuschia which would bring them into Celadon. Unfortunately thay've slashed and gashed Kanto so bad I can't tell which way is up anymore.

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
29th December 2005, 10:42 PM
Best joke in the entire world(I'm not being sarcastic). That there is what's worthy of a two thumb's up =D

I dunno about Grovyle evolving. I'm probably just being one big, fat, bad-temepered(:p) broken record when I say that it's not a question of if, it's a question of when. I don't think this is an important enough battle for it, really. However formidable Tropius may be, there are other opponets who would put Grovyle to the test more brutally. Plus, if Grovyle evolves, it'll be so it can defeat Tropius, and I don't want to see Tropius beaten again:(.

There's also the question of why a Tropius and Grovyle are battling and why they need an entire episode to show it. I'll go out on a limb and say Erika(hopefully not, though, the animé burned and decimated her proper personality), but given past events, I don't suspect a returning character.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
6th May 2006, 2:02 PM
Post before closure: This is why we close Speculation Threads, because sooner or later some nube will bump them up to the front page without the padlock preventing them from doing so ._.

I stand by my previous comment BTW. Best joke ever =D

lol this post is technically SPAM. Onoez.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Gravy
6th May 2006, 2:36 PM
I'd bet my bottom dollar that Grovyle is going to evolve in this episode. But I hope he doesn't evolve too soon into it. Sceptile looks kinda ugly and clunky, and I can't see anyone ever warming up to him.

skarmachild
6th May 2006, 4:17 PM
I'd bet my bottom dollar that Grovyle is going to evolve in this episode. But I hope he doesn't evolve too soon into it. Sceptile looks kinda ugly and clunky, and I can't see anyone ever warming up to him.

Which is more or less the cue to lock the thread.