PDA

View Full Version : Yu-Yu Hakusho Discussion Thread

Kamex
21st December 2005, 10:50 PM
Okay, since the last Yu-Yu Hakusho thread is apparently too old to post on, and I assume I'm allowed to make a new thread for it, I'm doing that now. If I shouldn't be, then don't mind closing this thread while I brush up with the rules again...

Anyway, here's what I posted last on the last thread:

People are still watching, right? These three demon kings are intriguing me. Strange how each are trying to recruit either Yusuke, Kurama, or Hiei. And I wonder what Hiei's planning...

I also wonder if, how, and when Yusuke'll leave demon world.

So if anyone's still taping these episodes or whatever, discuss.

Luke Groundwalker
23rd December 2005, 1:19 AM
I missed the episode last week. Anybody mind telling me what happened?

Mimori Kiryu
23rd December 2005, 1:21 AM
Nope...I don't watch it. >O

I'm kidding. I've seen the whole series from my friend Lacey who's bought all the DVDs and such. She still refuses to believe that the show's over. >_<

I loved this show alot and....as predictable as that is, I'm also a Kurama fangirl XD

xXFallenButterflyXx
23rd December 2005, 2:17 AM
Hiei= ♥

I LOOOOVE Yu Yu Hakusho! *sigh* Zatch Bell replaced it on Toonami though.

&#172;.&#172; First Beyblade now Yu Yu Hakusho.

~;173; Fallen

cold_katanagirl
23rd December 2005, 2:56 AM
I like YYH as well... Too bad it comes on so early, I can't be arsed enough to stay up/wake up at that time. D:

I'm a Hiei AND Kurama fangirl. And Yusuke to some extent. :D

I plan on getting my parents to buy me the DVD's for my birthday but that's sort of far away (July) and I'd feel guilty if I asked them at Christmas when they already got me all this stuff (aren't I caring? XD).

Kamex
23rd December 2005, 11:11 PM
I missed the episode last week. Anybody mind telling me what happened?
It was basically Yusuke saying goodbye to Keiko, since he decided he'd go to Demon World. It was a bit emotional, I suppose, but I don't think you missed TOO much.

Tenten
24th December 2005, 3:30 AM
Hiei= ♥

I LOOOOVE Yu Yu Hakusho! *sigh* Zatch Bell replaced it on Toonami though.

¬.¬ First Beyblade now Yu Yu Hakusho.

~;173; Fallen
Yeah....I'm sad, too. YEAH! Yay for the Hiei fangirls! ^^

I like YYH as well... Too bad it comes on so early, I can't be arsed enough to stay up/wake up at that time. D:

I'm a Hiei AND Kurama fangirl. And Yusuke to some extent.
Me too. I wake up at 5, wait for it to come on, and when it does, I'm back in bed, not caring. I sadden myself....And yay, a Hiei AND Kurama fangirl!

My brother can tell Kurama's a guy, even though he doesn't watch the series, but my sister's convinced that Kurama's a GUY, even though she saw in the Poltergeist Report Movie that he had a CHEST. >__>

asia_catdog_blue
24th December 2005, 12:11 PM
Anyone saw today's episode? Yusuke runs with the monks. And did anybody took a look at Poo?! What happened? Also does anybody think Yusuke's demon dad sounded like Piccolo?

cold_katanagirl
24th December 2005, 4:50 PM
I think when Yusuke had his transformation, Puu had one as well. But I'm not quite sure.

Toran Frostbite
24th December 2005, 5:03 PM
Also does anybody think Yusuke's demon dad sounded like Piccolo?

Raisen is VAed by the same man as Piccolo/Vegeta. Chris Sabat.

I think when Yusuke had his transformation, Poo had one as well. But I'm not quite sure.

Puu transformed before Yuusuke did. Before they even got into the Makai, Puu got Bigger. It was when Yuusuke died I think, for those who missed those episodes.

asia_catdog_blue
24th December 2005, 5:28 PM
So, some people did get up early to see it.

Luke Groundwalker
24th December 2005, 8:32 PM
Yep! ...Actually, I stayed up until it came on. :P

Kamex
30th December 2005, 10:21 PM
Finally got around to seeing my tape of the latest episode (darn CN, putting it at 5:30 in the morning).

Anyway, Yusuke's finally gone to Demon World. Hiei and Kurama, too. Kuwabara's left behind, no demon blood in him... ^^

We already got to hear Raizen's voice earlier, when he took control of Yusuke's body, but now we got a lot more of it. It's basically Chris Sabat's typical, deep, 'bad-***' voice... bleah. Well, it's a bit original, I guess, and somewhat fits him. I'll get used to it.

The way all three demon kings have recruited Yusuke, Hiei and Kurama, one each, hits me with a sort of cliched feeling, but I think the story's strong enough to hold despite that.

It looks like we're coming in to two Hiei-based episodes, one of which airs tomorrow morning (gotta tape it again... shoot).

asia_catdog_blue
31st December 2005, 11:49 PM
Did anyone see today's episodes? Hiei was born in an all female tribe. There were some things I didn't get, though.

Kamex
1st January 2006, 2:03 AM
Did anyone see today's episodes? Hiei was born in an all female tribe. There were some things I didn't get, though.
Meh, had to tape it again. I'd try to explain any of the episode you didn't get that I could, if I had seen it... not sure when I'll get the time.

All female tribe? That raises my interest...

asia_catdog_blue
1st January 2006, 5:25 PM
Meh, had to tape it again. I'd try to explain any of the episode you didn't get that I could, if I had seen it... not sure when I'll get the time.

All female tribe? That raises my interest...
They are all Ice Demons. And they can never make encounter, or get even near a man(or boy). EVER!

Brock Harrison
2nd January 2006, 5:27 AM
Ah, c'mon, have we got any fans of Kuwabara here? lol. My only complaint is that Kuwabara won't be in the upcoming tournament (but as mentioned before, he's not a demon, so...). Well, I do have the Spirit Detective, Dark Tournament, and Chapter Black sagas to keep me satisfied at least, heh.

Nevertheless, I am looking forward to seeing how this final saga progresses. Getting into the lives and minds of Yusuke, Hiei, and Kurama should prove to be interesting.

whit19
2nd January 2006, 5:59 AM
They shoulda made Kawabara the new spirit detective since Yusuke was fired.

Luke Groundwalker
2nd January 2006, 7:55 AM
Kawabara is busy studying. -_-;

asia_catdog_blue
2nd January 2006, 4:43 PM
Oh! Did I forget to mention that Hiei is going to get his revenge on the women tribe for throwing him off a cliff and into a river when he was a baby?

cold_katanagirl
2nd January 2006, 7:47 PM
But he doesn't do anything to them iirc. He goes there and plans on killing someone, but lets them go.

Kenta99
7th January 2006, 7:08 AM
I still watch in the morning. Though, I wait for boxsets for the DVDs. Cheaper that way and the boxes are cool.
March is the last boxset.
Funimation still needs to bring out the OAV stuff. Plenty extra stuff to show. Even a last bit of closure(more discussion involved I guess XD)

I have the last Japanese mangas. I think the closure was better in that. The anime did better with the fights. Even though one result was a bit awkward(involving Shigure) compared to the manga.
Kuwabara and Yukina are my favorite characters. He gets a little more action in the last volume at least^^ He's rewarded for his patience too(wont say how though^^) Too spoily XD

The latest eppys are real good. Hiei's past. Most Ice Maidens are definately cold and heartless(with the exception of Rui, Yukina, Hina). Hiei sure was mad at those old hags XD

Kamex
8th January 2006, 10:24 PM
Nice to see Hiei's past. And that guy-forgot his name-is Hiei's father, IIRC. Lol, I wonder how that happened.

Funny when Hiei-as a baby-smiled before he was thrown out of that ice kingdom in the sky.

Had to tape the latest episode, so I can't get into that myself.

cold_katanagirl
9th January 2006, 12:36 AM
The Hiei was fighting (Shigure or some crap) was Hiei's dad?

... WTF? I thought his dad was some fire demon that wasn't really brought into the show. o_o

Kenta99
9th January 2006, 5:03 AM
Right. Hiei's dad is unknown in the anime and manga.
All we know is he's a fire demon.

The bandit leader was the closest thing Hiei had to a father. Till he shunned him for being too strong.

Kamex
14th January 2006, 11:36 PM
Hiei's past is over, but it was nice to clear his life up. Next is Kurama (again, I had to tape the episode).

Toran Frostbite
21st January 2006, 12:18 PM
Kokoda? *eye tic* I'm sure all the websites didn't lie to me when Kurama's step-brother popped on-scene, and considering his not-so-major-role, why did they change his name? -_- To something that doesn't even sound authentic?

Kamex
21st January 2006, 8:13 PM
Sorry, can't even try answer your question until I see that taped episode (step-brother? O_O).

But as for last week's episode, it was just as interesting as Hiei's past. The guy being blind shocked me, I didn't even realize that. And seeing their past was cool, too (Kurama set his own friend for a fall... harsh).

Luke Groundwalker
21st January 2006, 8:23 PM
>>; I missed the episode this morning. I was trying to stay up all night until it came on, but I fell asleep on accident a hour before it came on. I woke up after I fell asleep, and I saw the credits just ending. >>;;;;; Man, that was a bad moment. Anyone mind telling me what happened?

Tell me and u get 1 free internet!!!!!!!!!!! :<

Kamex
29th January 2006, 10:19 PM
Again, had to tape he latest episode.

But as for Kurama, it looks like he really had the upperhand over the fishface guy. It's so interesting how he thinks everything through.

whit19
29th January 2006, 10:22 PM
They really should be showin the uncut version... I mean its only right since we gotta get up at 5:30am just to watch it. :p

Kamex
29th January 2006, 10:47 PM
Yeah, I agree... but then there would be no use for any cut version. XD