PDA

View Full Version : Time-Warp Heals All Wounds! (434)

Serebii
22nd December 2005, 3:12 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/434.jpgMay Travels Through Time!

On their way to the Battle Pike, May's Squirtle accidentally wanders off. While looking for her trusty Squirtle, May meets an old lady who has been waiting for her husband to come home for decades. Before long, once reunited with Squritle...May, Squirtle & Meowth mysteriously get sent back in time...

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/kanto/434.shtml)

Discuss

Serebii
22nd December 2005, 3:12 PM
Yes, it's confirmed that May's Egg hatched into an Eevee in this episode

Please keep discusison of the egg...whether you like what it evolved into or not, out of this thread. Thanks

Nintendo Theatre
22nd December 2005, 3:20 PM
When was this confirmed? Hallejuah, praise the lord! YES! IN YOUR FACE ZIGZAGOON AND BONSLY PEOPLE!

YES!

Seriously though, when do you think pics, or ep/ guide will be updated?

The Big Al
22nd December 2005, 3:21 PM
I don't finally does this moment justice. I was starting to think they had forgotten about that egg. As for Eevee, I'm not the kind to say I told you so I'll let someone else say it.

Serebii
22nd December 2005, 3:23 PM
Pics will be up tomorrow as usual

PDL
22nd December 2005, 3:27 PM
Eevee... well I can't say I'm happy about this... now people will be clamouring about what it'll evolve into @_@

I personally hope it stays the way it is... no evolution at all.

but the biggest question remains... how on earth does May time travel?

Serebii
22nd December 2005, 3:50 PM
Some kind of pendant if I'm reading this correctly

Joe
22nd December 2005, 4:13 PM
Eevee... well I can't say I'm happy about this... now people will be clamouring about what it'll evolve into @_@
Indeed, and it'll bring on the 'New DP Eeveelution' theory. :o

Missingno. Master
22nd December 2005, 4:24 PM
Yes, it's confirmed that May's Egg hatched into an Eevee in this episode

I just lost all faith in the writers.

MaskedManAbsolkid
22nd December 2005, 4:29 PM

I just lost all faith in the writers.

Glad to see you kept to your promises. The colour, avvy and location should be like that until the new year.

BTW, I'm glad it was an Eevee. Great Pokemon, and lots of possibilities for evolution.

Indeed, and it'll bring on the 'New DP Eeveelution' theory.

Hope that was sarcasm, I'd hate a D/P eeveelution. There's also promoting kanto and XD.

The Big Al
22nd December 2005, 4:30 PM
Glad to see you kept to your promises. The colour, avvy and location should be like that until the new year.
Actually, he should do it until the 22nd of January because he said he'd do it last month.

The Benmeister
22nd December 2005, 4:33 PM
I still want to know what May and Meowth have anything to do with time travelling...

Thought the egg might be Eevee. Wondering how it hatches, though. Is it the egg that is glowing?

Missingno. Master
22nd December 2005, 4:33 PM
Hmph. YOu guys are just lucky I stick to my promises. But I absolutely draw the line at doing it beyond New Year's.

On topic; Did *shudders* M-ma-may's E-ee-eev...vee use any attacks? *oh, I hate to even SAY it!*

Michiko
22nd December 2005, 4:35 PM
I don't care about evolution now.

I would like to know something more about her Eevee. Personality is important. I hope, it isn't as cute as Squirtle.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
22nd December 2005, 4:37 PM
I am glad it was an eevee instead of what I thought it was, I can realy imagine May with an Eevee, my favourate character with my fave kanto pokemon I thought would be very Unlikely, but now that it has hatched into an Eevee, I can say, at least I wasn't going 'TEH EGG IZ GONA HATSH IN2 A ZIGZAGOON U SUK!!!!!' like I have seem some people doing......

anyway, can't wait for pics

Skrusti
22nd December 2005, 4:39 PM
...Does it honestly friggen' matter what her egg hatched into? ¬¬ It's a Pokémon. Just like every other Pokémon in the series is a Pokémon. Get over it. It's an Eevee.

Seriously, stop acting childish over it. There's no point in whining about it.

Joe
22nd December 2005, 4:47 PM
Skru, nobody's acting childish except MM. >_>

Hope that was sarcasm, I'd hate a D/P eeveelution. There's also promoting kanto and XD.
No, it wasn't sarcasm. Some idiot will come in here saying about a D/P eeveelution, it's obvious.

Anyway, this ep sounds quite good, May and Meowth getting some time to interact with each other. :)

Skrusti
22nd December 2005, 4:50 PM
Skru, nobody's acting childish except MM. >_>

o rly? *points up to Nintendo Theatre's post*

...Ok, so just two so far.

You know, I have a simple solution that I doubt anyone is gonna follow.

DON'T CARE ABOUT THE EEVEE :o Drop the subject, speak nice things, and eat yer wheaties, and everthin'll be fine.

*ushers his Eevee back to Fizzy Bubbles*

Black Marauder
22nd December 2005, 6:42 PM

Aww man, couldn't it be longer?

And for those people who are saying who's immature and who's not I advise you look at your own behaviour first ;)

Anyways, this episode was kinda good. But then again, Eevee =o ._.

Neo
22nd December 2005, 6:52 PM
I'm actually pleased it's an Eevee, but since this is about the episode, not the egg...
I wonder how May and Meowth will get on, since we haven't really seen them alone before.

Mew2
22nd December 2005, 7:12 PM
I don't see why people are so upset that the egg hatched into an Eevee. There are many directions that this could take. There is the aforementioned D/P Eevolution, the Kanto stone evolutions, or day/night evolutions as well. I think that it would be interesting to see May with a Dark or Psychic type pokemon.

SuperSonic
22nd December 2005, 7:35 PM
I am a bit relieved that it didn't hatch into a zigzagoon, i mean come one its one of those beginning pokemon that no character gets. Now it would be cool if it evolves, but thats what people are always concerned with with eevee. We should give eevee its due without any evolution speculation. Let's consider what it could possibly bring to contests.

Jo-Jo
22nd December 2005, 8:11 PM
An Eevee, hmm? How shocking. :p

So, uh, what about the rest of the episode that didn't have anything to do with the egg? I hear it wasn't bad. ;)

Rex Kamex
22nd December 2005, 9:09 PM
Please keep discusison of the egg...whether you like what it evolved into or not, out of this thread. Thanks

Man, I had the feeling that that's what everybody would be talking about. So, what else happens in this time episode?

Korobooshi Kojiro
22nd December 2005, 9:17 PM
So did May and Meowth save the man's life? Or did they cause a time flux that threatens to engulf the planet if they don't gather the 4 cyber planet keys!?

JazzJazz
22nd December 2005, 9:24 PM
I don't see why people are so upset that the egg hatched into an Eevee.

There would have been complaints no matter what came out of the damn egg... there seems to be a lot of people that just don't want to be satisfied.

Jo-Jo
22nd December 2005, 9:48 PM
Nah, it's more that lots of people seem to have this idea that if the show doesn't conform to their exact preferences, then it must be BAD BAD BAD EVIL and sucky. If May gets a Pokemon that they dislike, then it's not a matter of personal tastes; it's that the writers are stupid and have no idea what they're doing. Of course.

As a sidenote, I wasn't involved in the egg-debate, so I'm curious - were there people who seriously thought it'd be a Zigzagoon?? O_o

Lupin
22nd December 2005, 9:51 PM
So did May simply find a Squirtle and suddenly relise that she wasn't wearing the right clothes for the time period?

Gravy
22nd December 2005, 9:55 PM
As a sidenote, I wasn't involved in the egg-debate, so I'm curious - were there people who seriously thought it'd be a Zigzagoon?? O_o
You're damn right there were. There were also several people who were dead-set on it being Bonsly.
Tee-hee, giggle!

Bah, I just want to know more about this episode now. The only thing thats really interested me up to this point has been Meowth and Haruka's interaction, but now I'm genuinely interested in what happened, plot-wise. Similarities to the Richie hoso, references to important events in the pokémon world's past? If you think about it, theres really a lot of cool stuff they can do with an ep like this. Just wish I had seen that sooner *scratches head*

Rex Kamex
22nd December 2005, 10:00 PM
I'd like to know when the egg hatched in this episode, and if the Eevee had any specific role in this episode. (Luckily, I can ask this in this thread since it has to do with the episode.)

Korobooshi Kojiro
22nd December 2005, 10:02 PM
I wouldn't get your hopes up for anything groundbreaking, but if this episode actually had a die guy(well, until May and Mewoth save him, most likely) that's different. As no one died in the Celebi special, I don't get why people keep saying that.

SuperSonic
22nd December 2005, 11:34 PM
Wasn't there a rule that nobody could respond to an ep until they saw it or saw pics? I admit I'd be in violation. And it makes it even worse that we're flooding this episode thread with egg opinions.

Alfonso
23rd December 2005, 1:33 AM
Wasn't there a rule that nobody could respond to an ep until they saw it or saw pics? I admit I'd be in violation. And it makes it even worse that we're flooding this episode thread with egg opinions.

I imagine it must be okay, since the speculation thread was closed when this was opened.

V Faction
23rd December 2005, 7:10 AM
I'm thinking next time they should just skip the whole pointless plot and make the episode about the new Pokemon entirely (worked for Phanpy) or to the point where it practically is (worked for Bonsly). Obviously the highlights are evolutions and captures. Why they have to wrap them around loose plots is beyond me. Save those for AFTER we get the new Pokemon.

Puffs
23rd December 2005, 7:23 AM
I'm thinking next time they should just skip the whole pointless plot and make the episode about the new Pokemon entirely (worked for Phanpy) or to the point where it practically is (worked for Bonsly). Obviously the highlights are evolutions and captures. Why they have to wrap them around loose plots is beyond me. Save those for AFTER we get the new Pokemon.

like how they crammed Ludicolo's Bullet Seed into the end of the Mawile ep?

Or how Charmander evolved about 10 seconds before "March of the Exeggutor Squad" ended?

Or how some random Psyduck from a Celadon Pokemon center joined Misty at the end of "Hypno's Naptime?"

at least they use evolutions/captures/new moves to resolve the plot's conflict and showcase it the rest of the episode for most of the time.

V Faction
23rd December 2005, 4:38 PM
like how they crammed Ludicolo's Bullet Seed into the end of the Mawile ep?

Or how Charmander evolved about 10 seconds before "March of the Exeggutor Squad" ended?

Or how some random Psyduck from a Celadon Pokemon center joined Misty at the end of "Hypno's Naptime?"

at least they use evolutions/captures/new moves to resolve the plot's conflict and showcase it the rest of the episode for most of the time.
Yes, like those. They don't try to resolve a conflict (unless it's TR). And more over, the showcase within in an episode... is over before it starts!

'Course, in Ludicolo's case, it's just an attack, and the episode DID pretty much center on it.

But those are in the past and I wish for newer episodes to veer away from using this method too much. The newest episode title, Grovyle vs Tropius, looks to remedy that.

Does it sound like I'm wanting to be spoiled? Eh, maybe. For now. Till I change my mind!

Puffs
23rd December 2005, 6:16 PM
Yes, like those. They don't try to resolve a conflict (unless it's TR). And more over, the showcase within in an episode... is over before it starts!

'Course, in Ludicolo's case, it's just an attack, and the episode DID pretty much center on it.

But those are in the past and I wish for newer episodes to veer away from using this method too much. The newest episode title, Grovyle vs Tropius, looks to remedy that.

Does it sound like I'm wanting to be spoiled? Eh, maybe. For now. Till I change my mind!

I think the best example of that not happening would be "Exploud and Clear," where the whole episode was centered around Exploud & Grovyle.

jeng jeng
23rd December 2005, 6:24 PM
Thought the egg was going hatch into to a zigzagoon but I think evee's beter. ;133;

CoolTrainerTerry
23rd December 2005, 6:36 PM
Okay, why the heck is Meowth in there? Is it the couple's or TR's? The egg hatching was, out-of-place, if you ask me. It sounds interesting. Can't wait for the dub.
Lady: My husband, entered...the Shadow Realm.
May: Oh, crap! Am I in an episode of Yu-Gi-Oh? I didn't sign up for a cheap Yu-Gi-Oh knock-off! Stupid 4Kids! Eevee, use the Ultimate Attack Power Attack Thing to destroy the rest of the man's Life Points! And why is Meowth with me?

Torchic23
23rd December 2005, 6:42 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/434.jpgMay Travels Through Time!

On their way to the Battle Pike, May's Squirtle accidentally wanders off. While looking for her trusty Squirtle, May meets an old lady who has been waiting for her husband to come home for decades. Before long, once reunited with Squritle...May, Squirtle & Meowth mysteriously get sent back in time...

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/kanto/434.shtml)

Discuss

ooo, that pic is so cool! I've been waiting for updated pics all day now

The Big Al
23rd December 2005, 6:59 PM
Okay, why the heck is Meowth in there? Is it the couple's or TR's? The egg hatching was, out-of-place, if you ask me. It sounds interesting. Can't wait for the dub.
Lady: My husband, entered...the Shadow Realm.
May: Oh, crap! Am I in an episode of Yu-Gi-Oh? I didn't sign up for a cheap Yu-Gi-Oh knock-off! Stupid 4Kids! Eevee, use the Ultimate Attack Power Attack Thing to destroy the rest of the man's Life Points! And why is Meowth with me?
*ROFL*
Considering 4Kids, it could be that awful. I mean, how many great episodes has 4Kids destroyed? Too many in my book.

Jo-Jo
23rd December 2005, 7:03 PM
Or, um, none, outside of Chronicles.

CyberCubed
23rd December 2005, 7:36 PM
In the Pokemon dub, nothing. Except for the 4 episodes they skipped of course. And the Raikou special.

Korobooshi Kojiro
23rd December 2005, 8:15 PM
But this episode is part of Season 9, and 4kids won't be dubbing it.^.^

This episode also has a christmas tree kinda also. ANd Squirtle makes it snow....

JazzJazz
23rd December 2005, 9:10 PM
*ROFL*
Considering 4Kids, it could be that awful. I mean, how many great episodes has 4Kids destroyed? Too many in my book.

Well it's just been revealed that 4Kids may not be a problem anymore, with Nintendo handling the anime in-house as of 2006... will this result in a better quality dub? Time will tell...

CoolTrainerTerry
23rd December 2005, 9:12 PM
Are you serious? Nintendo will be dubbing the anime? Will it still be on KidsWB?

Torchic23
23rd December 2005, 9:13 PM
Yay we have the pics! This looks like an AWSOME episode. May saves the day! And that eevee is so cute!

The Big Al
23rd December 2005, 9:17 PM
True, by the time they air this, they'll have taken over.

Though this was a lackluster episode. Not mention that midgit Squirtle shows up yet again.

Le sigh, another brilliant idea lost on the writers.

Vampiric Knight
23rd December 2005, 9:18 PM
Are you serious? Nintendo will be dubbing the anime? Will it still be on KidsWB?
There's a possibility 4 Kids won't be dubbing and Nintendo will take over. But we're not sure about it staying on KidsWB or not. There's a thread concerning that, also.

Anyways, what I'm wondering about this episode is the plot. We know that Eevee's gonna hatch in that ep (seems out of place, though), but I want to know what will happen when May and Meowth does travel in time.

Porygandrew
23rd December 2005, 9:21 PM
I'm kind of confused at how May stopped the man from dying. I mean, squirtle made it snow (instead of rain?), yay. So what? How does snow tie into a guy getting off of a train?

Torchic23
23rd December 2005, 9:22 PM
Snow is like bad weather. They had to cancel the train because they coulden't make it throught the weather and I don't think that dude would wait on that train until they could go again

skarmachild
23rd December 2005, 9:29 PM
Doesn't look too bad, but they could have made a better story, and in 2 parts with a climax on the end of part.1.

CoolTrainerTerry
23rd December 2005, 9:31 PM
My only complaint is Meowth. Why is he there?

V Faction
23rd December 2005, 9:52 PM
My only complaint is Meowth. Why is he there?
Meowth is the salt of Pokemon. Any episode he's in instantly increases the fun factor.

Korobooshi Kojiro
23rd December 2005, 10:05 PM
Meowth also seems to do alot of interacting with May. Cool.

Also, who is that young girl? It can't be that old ladies daughter cause she wouldn't existed in the present until May and Meowth made the man marry the woman.

And the old man helped hatch the egg.

Haha! Bonsly hits Brock during his making-love scenes and Munchlax steals the milk bottle! Baby humour, I love it so!

V Faction
23rd December 2005, 10:10 PM
Also, who is that young girl? It can't be that old ladies daughter cause she wouldn't existed in the present until May and Meowth made the man marry the woman.
Welcome to the wonders of time travel!

I'm thinking Grandaughter. But even so, the chance she exists lessens further. That's why they shouldn't have screwed with time travel!!

Korobooshi Kojiro
23rd December 2005, 10:13 PM

I'm thinking Grandaughter. But even so, the chance she exists lessens further. That's why they shouldn't have screwed with time travel!!

Maybe Niece. Or maybe the man got her pregnant before he left. How far back in the past did they go?

The Big Al
23rd December 2005, 11:47 PM

Maybe they should have taken a page from Star Trek and not frak with the timeline.

Sushi
23rd December 2005, 11:51 PM
Maybe Niece.
No, it was her granddaughter.
Or maybe the man got her pregnant before he left. Yep. Kuni (the woman) found out about it shortly before Isao left (I guess the letter she had in her hand was the medical certificate) so she ran up to the station to tell him about it. She missed the train and then, one year later, she was informed that her husband (or whatever he was at that point) had died in an accident. Or something.

By the way, May had Squirtle turn the rain into snow to ensure that the train delays its departure. Kuni could catch up with Isao and tell him everything. That's why he didn't leave in the end. Yay.

How far back in the past did they go?
I'd guess about 35 years.

The episode was pretty good, much better than I thought it would be. I liked the CotDs, as well as May and Meowth and their interactions. Though I must say, they didn't talk to each other that much after all. And their reactions when they found out they had travelled back in time were fairly weak. At least Meowth was a little bit shocked, but May was pretty much acting as though time-travels were something ordinary.
Well, anyway. It was good to see Volbeat and Illumise having a cameo.

Gravy
24th December 2005, 12:06 AM
It seems they're going to ditch Brock being pulled away by the ears, in favour of Bonsly hitting him like a ton of bricks.
And thus, another gimmick is born. Yawn.

V Faction
24th December 2005, 12:24 AM
It seems they're going to ditch Brock being pulled away by the ears, in favour of Bonsly hitting him like a ton of bricks.
And thus, another gimmick is born. Yawn.
Ah, well, y'know... Err... Hm...

Circle of life? Is that what I want to say?

Maybe we can get a lion to eat Bonsly.

Maybe they should have taken a page from Star Trek and not frak with the timeline.
Fry: But won't that change history?
Prof. Farnsworth: Ohh, a lesson in not changing history from Mr. "I'm My Own Grandfather"! Let's just steal the damn dish and get out of here! Screw history!

Yep. Kuni (the woman) found out about it shortly before Isao left (I guess the letter she had in her hand was the medical certificate) so she ran up to the station to tell him about it. She missed the train and then, one year later, she was informed that her husband (or whatever he was at that point) had died in an accident. Or something.
Welp. That does it. I'm officially back interested in this here episode.

Gravy
24th December 2005, 12:43 AM
Ah, well, y'know... Err... Hm...

Circle of life? Is that what I want to say?

Maybe we can get a lion to eat Bonsly.

I'd prefer it if Munchlax ate it, resulting in Bonsly crying inside his gut, eventually drowning them both in tears. Or something equally as absurd sounding.

Errr....suppose I'd better say something relevent about the episode.
It was mildly uninteresting on the whole, and I was rather dissapointed at how little time was spent in the past. We didn't really get to see anything of interest for the entire 5 minutes, and Meowth and Haruka's interaction, whilst ok, was sadly rather limited. Though on the bright side, the ordeal gave Meowth a little more character development so theres a plus.
Thats about it really. There was a single piece of slapstick I found rather amusing (Jessie getting KO'd by the debris from Pikachu's Volt Tackle), but that was about it.

Was there any sort of logical explantion for the three going back in time? They just seem to pick up the pendant and suddenly get transported for no apparant reason at all. I've heard of some pretty weak plot devices in my time, but really....

Umm...Was cool to see a steam train however! And I'll no longer have to hear Haruka talking about her "Kawaii Pokemon Tamago!©" at the begining of every episode. Yays and hoorays.

My rating: 2 'Blah's and half a 'Meh'

The Benmeister
24th December 2005, 12:48 AM
Yeah, you can't really seem to tell what the hell the pendant has anything to do with travelling back in time...hope someone can clear that up.

Light-Dragon_Ryu
24th December 2005, 1:01 AM
I don't know why everyone complains about Haruka's Zenigame. I find Zenigame quite cute.

Thriller
24th December 2005, 1:24 AM
My, my, my, my, my. A Christmas Tree at the end of the episode, nice reference there. Frankly looking at the pics bored me, mostly throughout the time travel sequence. I liked the Spur of the Moment thing with the egg hatching, imagine, May could have missed it and we could have had the Togepi Snafu with the Eevee looking at the first thing it sees and thinks its its mommy.

The Big Al
24th December 2005, 2:00 AM
The steam engines were all that I'd watch this episode for. *big train nut*

This was another episode that could have been a two parter and seemed to start off slow and was then rushed when they finally got going like a certain episode about Pikachu joining Team Rocket.

~Flareon~
24th December 2005, 9:39 AM
I have seen this Time Travel episode. May's Squirtle accidentally runs off. While looking for her Squirtle, May meets an old lady who has been waiting for her husband to come home for decades. Before long, once reunited with Squritle,....
May, Squirtle and Meowth mysteriously get sent back in time to see Ash, Pikachu, Max and Brock so as Team Rocket.
It was nice that May's egg has hatched into Eevee. I know I was right that it hatched correctly.

Darkstorm16
24th December 2005, 1:03 PM
One question though. What's the deal with Meowth at the end?

crazymonkyfoul321
24th December 2005, 9:10 PM
i think that tehre will be a new evolution of eevee since may got an eevee like a steel type

Thriller
25th December 2005, 12:09 AM
I hope this episode will air in America around the same time as it did now. If not, the Christmas tree at the end would serve no point and would most likely be cut, and I liked that.

/Exiled/
25th December 2005, 1:03 AM
nah i see her as a flareon or Espeon person to me. Maybe espeon for a psycic type. Thats what i think...

skarmachild
25th December 2005, 2:26 PM

I don't know, someone answer.

Edit: Probly because Jesse + James didn't understand what Meowth was on 'bout or something.

Geodude
25th December 2005, 5:49 PM
I think what happened was J&J were like "where have you been? C'mon, let's steal their Pokemon!" and Meowth was like, "no, let's leave them alone for now."

Not sure, just a guess.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
25th December 2005, 6:09 PM
Well that was a pretty good episode. I loved the flashbacks from the past they were so nice and smooth. When it started raining in the past lots of action happened.

Heh, both times May, Meowth and Squirtle had to run befre they got run over by the train. Wern't they playing it safe there. I guess Pikachu is getting comfortable with Volt Tackle now.

Meowth had enough adventure for one day, he needs a rest.

Blaziken master
25th December 2005, 6:37 PM
The episode didn't impress me much, but at least finally the egg hatches. The part where squirtle notices the pendant on the track, I just hoped the tain would arrive and crush it.

Crystal Clair
25th December 2005, 6:46 PM
The whole episode was just a pure copy of "Another Legend of Celebi" only instead of Richie, it was May and Meowth. And since I saw ALoC, I wasn't very amused with the episode. They even used the same music in the end! OMG! Even the Japanese can screw up

Bliksem
26th December 2005, 6:32 AM
I have a few questions concerning this episode.

1) When Ash and Pikachu are engaged in battle, the attack used Volt Tackle, no? I've noticed that in previous episodes, but I have no idea where it originated.

2) Why is May's Squirtle smaller than her Eevee? I know that the Squirtle is a baby, but the Eevee is newly hatched, so there's no way it should be as large as it is.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
26th December 2005, 6:40 AM
1) When Ash and Pikachu are engaged in battle, the attack used Volt Tackle, no? I've noticed that in previous episodes, but I have no idea where it originated.

Yeah that was Volt Tackle. Pikachu somehow learned it during the breeding centre episode.

Bling King
26th December 2005, 11:29 AM
I have two questions.

1. How exactly did the man die?

2. In detail, how did Squirtle making it snow create the events that saved the man?

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
26th December 2005, 4:23 PM
1. How exactly did the man die?

I'm thinking that he never returned after he got on that train so therefore he died wherever he went. Unless he was having an affair..

Yamato-san
27th December 2005, 2:01 AM
I knew it. I knew it, I knew it, I so f***in' knew it. Zenigame was out of its ball at the beginning of the episode just for the hell of it, just like Cotoise was in those Banebuu episodes. If I gotta look at the thing, I at least want a decent reason that's better than a cheap plot device (if only Eneko, the more preferred uber, were still around.... it would've definitely been in the turtle's place and make it snow using Blizzard). To make things worse.... Usohachi and Gonbe were out just for the hell of it as well. Too many babies and no beer make Yamato something something. Ironically, Manene (the only good one) never appeared the whole time.

And I can agree.... this plot did looked rushed, not actually going back in time until after the eyecatch. And as some before me have mentioned, not enough Haruka and Nyaasu interaction and no realistic reaction from Haruka in such a situation makes me sad as well (for that matter, I find it off that Haruka's the one who states that they must've fell into a time slip. Nyaasu is one to seem very well-educated at times, likely from his years of learning human lifestyles and language, and Haruka's in the same boat as Satoshi, always needing Takeshi or someone to explain these complex situations. It's minor, but just making Nyaasu say the line instead would've made it look less like a slip-up). And I still don't get what the f*** was up with that "time slip". Celebi appeared like two episodes earlier, they really couldn't have made this episode connect to that in anyway? I don't know, maybe Celebi should've struck Haruka by accident, and over the next couple of episodes, she acts strange (even glows at some point), obviously the result of some of Celebi's power rubbing onto her until it finally gets unstable enough to go off in this episode.

This episode wasn't all bad, though. As Gravy mentioned, seeing Musashi get smacked in the face by the rock before she could pull off her usual thieving routine was very funny. Speaking of which, this whole episode took a break from Rocket Dan making a scene, and I'm glad Nyaasu simply walked away at the end. Also, it was great to see that poetic, moon-gazing side of Nyaasu after so friggin long, in fact, I think this would be the first time that Haruka becomes aware of that aspect of him. Ever since AG began, I don't think Haruka got a chance to see Nyaasu's true self. And I liked the main plot somewhat.... this would be the first time the anime makes reference to a pregnancy as far as I know. Yay for something new (though, it is ironic that we only get to see the grandchild.... this episode just skipped over showing a whole generation, didn't it?). And was that a cameo by Gentleman I saw bumping into her (I know, it's decades in the past, but with cameos, characters can pop up literally anywhere)? Oh, and of course the egg finally hatching was a good thing, and I was relieved that it was an Eievui afterall (though, seeing the characters talk while that egg was glowing put me on the verge of shouting "show what's in that friggin egg already").

I guess I'd give this the same rating as Gravy. Some parts sucked (too.... many..... babies....), but some aspects counter it, so I guess I wouldn't put this near the realm of "worst episodes".

skarmachild
28th December 2005, 11:39 AM
Well it wasn't such a bad episode, it was okay. Daft music used from the 4th movie.

Eevee's a little more sane than Squirtle so they shoulden't be too bad. I vote someone gets Manyula, cause it would be a great advertisement and it's ace too.

Geodude
28th December 2005, 1:34 PM
2. In detail, how did Squirtle making it snow create the events that saved the man?
The snow delayed the train's departure, giving the woman time to catch up and tell him about her pregnancy.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
28th December 2005, 1:41 PM
I watched this episode yesturday, and I quite enjoyed it, and atleast it explained why May wasn't carrying her egg all episode!

what I didn't like though was my older brother behind me making his owns translations........ like whenvever May spoke he would say 'now lets all get AIDs' and whenever Meowth spoke he would say 'you want AIDs to?' why is he so obsessed with AIDs?>.>

was a good episode, but I still find the whole time travel without celebi kinda weird...
Bonsly hitting brock in the face when he hits on a girl rules

7/10

rubyrulez
2nd January 2006, 10:36 PM
I also saw this episode recently, and personally, I thought it was OK. The whole concept of Time Travel didn't seem the same without Celebi, but the story was pretty entertaining. I also liked that part with Bonsly.

8/10

Joe_Pokemon20000
3rd January 2006, 9:34 AM
A train? Which train? The bullet trains we get a Japan?
ON BOARD OF TOPIC: If May got travelled through time, did she saw someone departing a train? Or am I seeing things? Anyway, I can't watch it just in case because I'm black and white blind and it is shown in sepia tone- I'm blind at it too.

My rating:
May: 30
Ash: 30
Joe_Pokemon20000: 9
Others: 19

How disappointing.

~CourageWisdomPower~
22nd January 2006, 6:26 PM
The episode itself is cool,(haven't saw it)but the idea of time-traveling with a pendant?
They could have at least made it like a portal. =(

ハルカ and ゴンベ
19th June 2006, 1:52 AM
This is probably one of my favorite episodes of all time. Zenigame is once again awesome (Go ahead flame me, I love her Zenigame).Eevee hatches gotta love that, time travel, gotta love that...And hey we see Nyaasu's good side.

I really enjoyed this episode 9.5/10

(What is the name of the song that plays at the end of this, the one from the 4th movie?)

lordrockman
12th September 2006, 7:34 AM
you know what i think i know what the u.s. name for this episode will be i think it will be a may through time because they always put funny things i'm just saying

BattleFranky~40
12th September 2006, 7:35 AM
It will probably be a Bill & Ted reference. Just like the Egg episode.

WaterDragon trainer
14th October 2006, 3:55 PM
Just saw this in the US. This episode was . The grandma's story was so sad. It was funny when Jessie got struck with the rock, James couldn't stand spying looking at so much food, and Meowth breaking down after hearing the story. The ending was amazing.

Korobooshi Kojiro
14th October 2006, 3:56 PM
I won't lie.

This episode made me cry, it was sad. And I liked the Pop Song.

TheBuddyBud
14th October 2006, 3:57 PM
Meowth:"i guess we messed with the space time continuom and stuff!"
that made me giggle

Nyami
14th October 2006, 3:57 PM
Just saw the episode in the US. It's now one of my favorites. The music was awesome - which is unusual for the dub from what I've seen of it. Edna's story was so sad. The whole episode was great and Eevee is adorable :)

Korobooshi Kojiro
14th October 2006, 3:58 PM
"There she blows, hot and steamy!"

Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about!

Zabi
14th October 2006, 3:59 PM
This episode made me cry. It was really sad. I really LOVED this episode.

BattleFranky~40
14th October 2006, 4:01 PM
Lol @ people crying.

I fail to see what's so sad about it. Though I guess I'm desensitized from watching shows with actual sad moments in them.

Bulba the Great!
14th October 2006, 4:01 PM
And it's official-Eievui is given a dub voice. *groan*

While May's dub voice has improved much, Meowth's gets worse and worse, as is apparent in this episode. All of his lines sounded forced.

And Katrina's dub voice made me want to scream.

Anyway...don't know what to say. The insert song was nice...unexpected, but nice. I thought this was more than the "boring filler-esque" episode everyone was making it out to be.

Cheers!
~Bulbs ;001;

Korobooshi Kojiro
14th October 2006, 4:02 PM
I'm extremely emotional though, I cry easily.

Korobooshi Kojiro
14th October 2006, 4:07 PM
WTF?

People can't be named Katrina due to a storm...okay...

Waiting 2 Evolve
14th October 2006, 4:07 PM
I really loved this episode. Meowth rocked. May's getting better - and finally, a Grandmother that doesn't sound like she's waiting to die! I liked younger Edna too.

C.J. Ray
14th October 2006, 4:08 PM
"There she blows, hot and steamy!"

Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about!

*laughs* I was wondering when someone made an X-rated joke about that line. Nice going, dubbers, for your out-of-context dialogue. Not like I'm doing anything indecent after hearing that. :D

Anyways, this episode was awesome. May is one of my favorite characters and I liked how she changed history by stopping the train long enough for Edna to catch up with her husband. I liked how even Meowth has a good side once in a while, and being forced to stick with May brought it out and made him leave the twerps alone, at least for the time being.

For those of you complaining that Ash's fat buttocks keep getting plastered over ever episode, this episode proves you wrong. The writers CAN make someone else the main protagonist for an episode and leave Ash mostly out of the picture. :)

Eevee's voice, however, sucked. I miss the old "VUIIIIII!" cry from Kanto/Johto. I can used to this new voice, but... :@

halloweenghost
14th October 2006, 4:10 PM
That episode got me teary eyed.. pokemon can always manage to get me like that and don't hate on others for it either... yeah I'm a guy so..I'm emotional :P

BattleFranky~40
14th October 2006, 4:15 PM
Why did the girl's name have to be "Katrina"? That name is hated in the US.
Do you hate the name Andrew as well?

CyberCubed
14th October 2006, 4:17 PM
These are the kind of fillers May should have starred in all along.

As said above, it's the perfect example as to why Ash DOESN'T need to star in every episode.

Hopefully next saga the writers focus more on Hikari than Ash, it's always nicer to have the girls have spotlight episodes.

May's voice is really excellent. I think it works better with this saga, because May is much more calmed down and isn't as energetic as she was back in Hoenn.

Atari
14th October 2006, 4:17 PM
It was alright I guess. I thought it was sweet that they went back in time to help the grandma, and with the pop musical ending, they finnally brought movie traits out of the movies. (Although they have done this a few times before...)

Speaking of which, this whole episode took a break from Rocket Dan making a scene, and I'm glad Nyaasu simply walked away at the end. Also, it was great to see that poetic, moon-gazing side of Nyaasu after so friggin long, in fact, I think this would be the first time that Haruka becomes aware of that aspect of him. Ever since AG began, I don't think Haruka got a chance to see Nyaasu's true self.
It was pretty niice and stuff. May has litterally never seen Meowth like that, and finnally she may understand him/bond sooner or later, maybe a little. Or, the writers could just skip to them being absolute worst rivals again, which probably happened...

And Katrina's dub voice made me want to scream.
Seconding this. It really wasn't good at all... And it didn't fit. At all, what so ever. Help the people who liked this voice...

Yes, a reference to Pregnancy in anime (Pokemon for the most part) is rare and stuff. It fit to the story somewhat roughly, but I suppose there wouldn't have been any other reason for Edna (sp?) to get him back, besides that "she loved him". Why was he trying to leave again...?

l0lz3rz at the Space Time Continuum :P

Ledian_X
14th October 2006, 4:21 PM
Is it me or was I the only one who got the homage to Back to the Future III when May almost got run over by the train in the present? Same typw of thing happened at the end of BTTF III. Good ep though. Nohing like altering reality to make one person's life better. Course they didn't stick aound to examine any consequences. Who knows how else reality was altered. Be a good fanfic to see how much more the history was changed.

May pretty much changed reality. Reality changed around Ash and co so they still remember events. But, the rundown station doesn't exist any more. Ahh time travel. So many consequences on such a fragile space-time continuum.

LX

Digitalkaiser65
14th October 2006, 4:41 PM
I think the music in this episode was the best for me..When May created the snow storm and edna caught up to him. It was touching. And the sequence of when she got back to the furture and the music changed, it just seemed to fit. As corny as it was. Meowth impressed me. He kept his touching side, even with a new voice actor. (People were affraid this was going to happen.)

Luxuria
14th October 2006, 4:45 PM
I wanted to cry when I heard Edna's story. It was so sad. I though it was kind of strange that when Katrina was telling May "Edna's sad story" she was smiling the entire time.

TheBuddyBud
14th October 2006, 5:08 PM
Why did the girl's name have to be "Katrina"? That name is hated in the US.

Stop making stuff up.

Cedric's_Memory
14th October 2006, 5:36 PM
Yup, they can't let a few main characters get some decent screentime, but minor characters can come back from the dead. What's this world coming to.

S.Suikun
14th October 2006, 7:10 PM
I think I hated this episode less in English. As a very dialogue-driven episode, I was literally thinking, "Why the **** is she using Ice Beam?" while watching the Japanese version. I still think that while it reaches for a real emotional impact, it doesn't quite reach it, especially when compared with the Ralts or Mime Jr. episodes.

And knowing the reality that was totally screwed with, Brock is probably his own grandfather now. >_<

WTF?

People can't be named Katrina due to a storm...okay...
Ya know, I thought the funniest thing about that was that her grandmother was named Edna. (Don't know how many people will actually get that)

Gunit1005
14th October 2006, 7:14 PM
Yeah, I really liked this episode, it was kinda different from the others, May and Meowth partnered up, it was good.

Swirling Squirtle
14th October 2006, 8:54 PM
i missed it!!! and i can't watch it on youtube casue of the dumb pokemon people..... WAHH

Waiting 2 Evolve
14th October 2006, 10:48 PM
Maybe you'll be lucky and someone will post it there and you'll see it before PUSA yanks it off.

Adam_stm
14th October 2006, 11:15 PM
It will be on Cartoon Network again.

I loved this episode. It was different. It is similar to the Chronicle Celebi and Joy.
I don't get this. When May told Ash and co. Edna/s sad story, they understood it. When May came back from the past and met Jonathan, Ash and co. had no clue what was going.

CyberCubed
14th October 2006, 11:17 PM
It will be on Cartoon Network again.

I loved this episode. It was different. It is similar to the Chronicle Celebi and Joy.
I don't get this. When May told Ash and co. Edna/s sad story, they understood it. When May came back from the past and met Jonathan, Ash and co. had no clue what was going.

She changed history. Only May and Meowth remember what happened, notice how Edna didn't even recognize May?

It was as if it never happened.

pimpsquirtle
15th October 2006, 12:33 AM
I have liked the newer episodes alot, and it might be the voices I was superagainst a few months ago. Every old person doesn't have that same annoying raspy voice anymore.

Poke Master 7
15th October 2006, 12:49 AM
This was a real emotional episode. I especially loved the music after May and Meowth came back to the present. I also find it funny May and Richie have now done something worthwile with their lives. I mean Ash may have saved the world but he never changed the course of history to save a life and change the lives of others for the better.

but I agree that i hate Eevee's new voice and miss its old cry

Darkness Angel
15th October 2006, 3:14 AM
Thought Celebi was gonna appear again.

Flame Haze SnS
15th October 2006, 3:30 AM
Only May and Richie have changed the history. *sigh* V_V

I'm bit surprised that Edna's talking about pregnancy and Katrina's mentioning about death of certain person in this eppy. That has never been mentioned often (with the exception of Pokemon Movie 4 *almost*, 5 and 8).

R_N
15th October 2006, 3:36 AM
I loved this episode, it was so sad.....

I can't beleive they let someone be pregnant. & the mention of DEATH.In the Dub no less.It was a nice touch.

And to everyone that thinks the entire space-time continum was messed up, I think it was just concentrated on that specific town(and its rep).

Although, one thing I don't get, is that why would the train station,the tree, and all those shop things stay niormal because one person stayed....

I like how hteir not using as many puns in the titles, too.

chosen_one386
15th October 2006, 3:55 AM
This episode was great! It was also sad.... But, like people had said, they actually spoke about pregnancy and death, which is a big step up.

And now that the Eevee has hatched in the U.S., I can at least say if May doesn't come back to the anime, that Eevee will probably not evolve into teh new D/P evos.

Medea
15th October 2006, 4:46 AM
Oh wow, I guessed right. Everybody was going to mention pregnancy and death over here. Now I'm not to shocked about the mentioning of death in the episode or in Pokemon for that matter, but pregnancy...well, that's a horse's arse in a different color!

Anywho, I loved this episode...That's because I always love a good love story (or somewhat close to that). It feels like only yesterday, there was a huge fight over May's egg. I was so happy when Eevee came out so I could rub it in when everyone else thought it was a Zigzagoon (as well as a bunch of other people).

Now to be perfectly honest, I actually liked this time-travel episode a lot better than the Richie/Celebi Chronicle episode. Don't ask why, I just do!

And that's about it!

halloweenghost
15th October 2006, 9:01 AM
Oh wow, I guessed right. Everybody was going to mention pregnancy and death over here. Now I'm not to shocked about the mentioning of death in the episode or in Pokemon for that matter, but pregnancy...well, that's a horse's arse in a different color!

Anywho, I loved this episode...That's because I always love a good love story (or somewhat close to that). It feels like only yesterday, there was a huge fight over May's egg. I was so happy when Eevee came out so I could rub it in when everyone else thought it was a Zigzagoon (as well as a bunch of other people).

Now to be perfectly honest, I actually liked this time-travel episode a lot better than the Richie/Celebi Chronicle episode. Don't ask why, I just do!

And that's about it!

I can understand why ..the egg pattern looks like a zigzagoon,..hell thats what I thought it was gonna be until it was revealed in japan last year...

didn't this episode air on dec 25th in Japan? it was well ment like it was suppost to fall around christmas with the snow.. a good feeling and the lit up tree..

eonteam123456
15th October 2006, 12:45 PM
I liked every bit of it with Eevee in it.

kairou
15th October 2006, 6:11 PM
aloright, I hate to have signed up for just this question, but don't worry, I will make more post.

When May is back in time, and the old guy is going towards a train, the camera focuses on some dude with a zigzag mustache and a a hat. Just who is this guy?

RandomCharizard
15th October 2006, 7:22 PM
aloright, I hate to have signed up for just this question, but don't worry, I will make more post.

When May is back in time, and the old guy is going towards a train, the camera focuses on some dude with a zigzag mustache and a a hat. Just who is this guy?

He's Dr. Riddles from Zatch Bell! making a cameo!

Missingnoguy55
15th October 2006, 7:24 PM
I loved the episode! It made my mind go out of control. Oh, Eevee!

Waiting 2 Evolve
15th October 2006, 7:33 PM
Wasn't the dude with the zigzag mustache and the hat the guy young Granny knocked into at the train station so she fell down, the first time around?

RandomCharizard
15th October 2006, 7:40 PM
Wasn't the dude with the zigzag mustache and the hat the guy young Granny knocked into at the train station so she fell down, the first time around?
Yup, He's Dr. Riddles from Zatch Bell! Making a cameo.

MegaTravis
15th October 2006, 7:40 PM
This was a great episode I liked how they had May, Squirtle and Meowth worked together it was cool. It was great to have an episode where they go back in time. I think I know the reason why Evee's egg had zigzags on it was because of the top of its tail. Where the brown part meets the tan part.

kairou
15th October 2006, 10:06 PM
I thout it was the Zatch bell guy. Although i'm kinda bumbed out that there isn't a 'bigger picture' to lok foreward too.

Mandi.
15th October 2006, 11:12 PM
I love how May and Meowth had a nice relationship with each other in this episode. I thought it was cute. <3

And woooah, everybody is so surprised that they mentioned 'pregancy and death' in this episode. I'm not really that surprised. But if 4kids was still dubbing for Pokemon...they would have taken that out...definiteluy.

But anyways, this episode was great. I love how it mostly revolved around May and Meowth. And I have to say I loved that music it played during the end. x3 And eevee was so damn adorable. I wanted to huggle it. <3

Jorah
15th October 2006, 11:19 PM
Aww I loved this episode! I was a bit confused as to how the necklace made them go back in time, and why nothing else had changed except the lady had a different job, but I suppose that would've been too complicated and long to include. It was already spoiled to me that it would be an Eevee...

Geodude
16th October 2006, 3:56 AM

Just some random guy. He looks like the Gentleman trainer from the games. And he was there to illustrate how things changed. Originally Edna bumped into him, but after May changed things, Edna ran right by him.

Lishus13
16th October 2006, 7:29 AM
Sure they mentioned Pregnancy in this Episode, but how sugar-coated can it get than "Your mommy was in my tummy, dearie!"

XD

RandomCharizard
16th October 2006, 9:37 PM
Just some random guy. He looks like the Gentleman trainer from the games. And he was there to illustrate how things changed. Originally Edna bumped into him, but after May changed things, Edna ran right by him.

Great way to ruin my inner Zatch fanboy dreams >=O

Now to move on to actually discuss the episode.
Blahblahblah pregancy blahblahblah death.
This episode was great, but I'm still skeptic about the time traveling.
Meowth showing his poetic side was great, really liked it.
Oh well, another Pokemon epiosde, another day of waking up way too early.

Waiting 2 Evolve
17th October 2006, 10:37 PM
Anyone know when this ep will be run again? A friend of mine missed it and I didn't know what to tell him.

wobbanut
18th October 2006, 2:53 AM
After "Sweet Baby James", this is definitely one of my favorite episodes of the season so far. What I loveed the most about it is that it was the first episode in some time to have nothing really bad happen to Team Rocket (apart from Jessie getting hit in the head with a rock, of course). No blastoff, no electrocution by Pikachu, May and Meowth getting along without arguing, no arguing among the trio. I really loved it. :) Since I've been watching the earlier seasons (I'm on Master Quest now), when Team Rocket had more heroic episodes than they do now, it makes me really miss those days when they had these episodes when we can see they're not always such bad guys. SBJ was the same way. Episodes like this really make me happy, and I was glad to see it again. Any episode where Team Rocket doesn't get mistreated (except once) is great in my book.

Apart from that, I really loved the story of the episode. It was a lot like "Celebi and Joy", which I also really enjoyed (it was my favorite Chronicles episode), but it was also good on its own merits. It was interesting that May, Squirtle, and Meowth were the ones to travel back in time, but the ragtag group worked. Oh, and I love little Eevee. :D

Overall, 10/10. I'm definitely looking forward to both of next week's episodes. More positive Team Rocket stuff, yay!! :D

~Battle Frontier~
18th October 2006, 10:34 PM
This episode just became my second favorite episode this season

First: Sweet Baby James
Second: Time Warp Heals All Wounds
Third: May's Egg-cellent Adventure

Cobalt_Latios
19th October 2006, 5:34 AM
A very nice episode. Yeah, this episode had a lot in common with the Celebi time travel episode(in Chronicles). (going off-the-episode for a sec) When i was listening to the commentary for Pokemon 4ever, it seems that the Japanese Meowth was a lot more poetic and the english Meowth wasnt so much. Though in this episode, he seems to have retaken his Japanese roots. At one part when Meowth was wondering how they'd make snow, as soon as i saw the balloons, I immediately thought of Squirtle's Ice Beam attack. Pikachu nailing Volt Tackle then injuring Jessie in the process was quite funny.

I felt this episode had a lot of similarities with that Chronicles Celebi episode. Though having Meowth in this episode certainly improved it. Then at the end of the episode, I liked how Meowth temporarily left Jessie and James because he didnt want them to ruin his "warm feeling".

Great episode. Along with May's Eggcelent Adventure, Sweet Baby James(James telling Cacnea to injure Jessie and Meowth was great!), Reversing the Charges, and Green Guardian. Yep, aside from the VA's this is turning out to be pretty good. Heck, Im enjoying this so much, i havent really took time for the voices!

~C_L~

Anyone 4 Buttons?
19th October 2006, 4:10 PM
At one part when Meowth was wondering how they'd make snow, as soon as i saw the balloons, I immediately thought of Squirtle's Ice Beam attack.

When I first saw those things, I thought they were giant ice-cream cones, and they were gonna make snow from ice-cream. It was after a second that I thought what a bizarre idea that was. I definitely didn't think they were balloons at first...

It still confuddles my mind how these kids can change history, and there not be serious implications because of it. At least this time, Edna was pregnant when her husband left, whereas in the 'Celebi and Joy' episode, the old Joy suddenly had a family, even though her partner died ages ago...

Shift
23rd October 2006, 4:11 AM
Did anyone notice the guy in the tophat Edna bumps into when she's trying to reach her husband? He looks remarkably like the gentleman Ash traded his Butterfree to on the SS Anne. It's even weirder that they bother to give the guy a close-up when Edna avoids him in the revised past. Wonder what that's about?

Geodude
23rd October 2006, 1:29 PM
Already been talked about.

PDL
1st November 2006, 1:34 AM
I'm rather glad that they mentioned death and pregnacy (although I found it somewhat stupid how they refered to it as "a tiny baby in my tummy" but I guess little kids don't understand it all that well.)

Though one question remains... were Edna and Jonathan married?

Also, A pokémon character shares the same name as me! (Jonathan)

I've waited over ten years for that... ;_;

Knight_Ram
8th December 2006, 12:41 AM
I'm rather glad that they mentioned death and pregnacy (although I found it somewhat stupid how they refered to it as "a tiny baby in my tummy" but I guess little kids don't understand it all that well.)

Though one question remains... were Edna and Jonathan married?

Also, A pokémon character shares the same name as me! (Jonathan)

I've waited over ten years for that... ;_;

Thats great to hear about the name thing! Its going to be rare for them to put my name down. Its so rare its not funny! Im prob the only person in the world with it lol! But anyway.

This episode was quite an ok one. Kind of like that programme Tru calling. If anyone else has seen that programme then they would understand. But yeah thats great how May's egg hatched. Good pokemon too! 7.5/10

Pacman
6th April 2007, 7:32 AM
A alright episode.

flyboy1308
6th April 2007, 8:02 AM
If we ever see May again, she will have a Glaceon or Leafeon....

Pity.

Mello
5th May 2007, 10:20 AM
This made me cry~~, and I never cry (Not even in Uberchu's Goodbye). It was really sad, and it's great how May and Meowth worked together to bring the rain. The egg hatching into Eevee just made my day... 10/10 =D.

ShinyManafi
18th May 2007, 8:27 AM
For some reason, I just like this episode. Maybe it's the nice story and how the ending came out to be. :)

Wobuffet fan
16th November 2007, 3:17 AM
I thought this episode was allright. The only thing that confuses me is all of this time-traveling.Theeffects only happen in Fuchisa City, wouldn't that mean that during the old Kanto Days Ash would have gotten side-tracked with the big city and not have fought koga, thus not meeting May and Max. It just confuses me quite a bit. I mean how can they mess with the laws of physics and space like that.

Igottapoo
19th January 2009, 10:55 PM
This is one of my favorite episodes. Not only did May get an Eevee, the basic storyline where they go back and time and stop the guy from getting killed is just excellent. It's heart warming.

(s.i.e)
10th March 2009, 12:58 PM
it's one of my favorites as well, it was very exciting to watch.

Blue Snover
20th April 2009, 12:39 PM
It was a nice story actually, who would have thought that Meowth would do something nice?

I was pleased to see Eevee, i think it would make a good edition to her team and the Volbeat and Illumise around the tree was a nice thing to see.

Littlemyuu
10th June 2009, 2:49 PM
Time travel episodes rocks! this one is a great epi

glowing_light010
7th July 2009, 11:28 PM
This was actually one of my favorite pokemon episodes ever. lol. I loved the happy ending~ & squirtles cuteness gets me every time ^_^

pokedexfiller
5th August 2009, 9:16 PM
i absolutely loved this episode, and it is my favorite overall. just the way it was made. it was so cool to watch.

Shadow XD001
9th August 2009, 3:47 PM
This was awesome. Nice to see the old couple (no pun intended) back together. I'm also happy that the egg finally hatched into Eevee!

Ash-kid
18th December 2009, 1:06 PM
Hmm, strange episode.

it was good to return into the past, May's Squirtle was guilty, i think.

7/10

Lorde
25th December 2009, 9:48 PM
Wow time travel again? It was cool to see May and Meowth get some mucn needed character development.

Great episode, such lovely animation and a great plot. Loved that they added pregenancy to the anime. Loved how May, Meowth, and Squirtle made it show to delay the train.

A good 9/10

Shneak
18th March 2010, 5:08 AM
It's official. This is my favourite episode of the whole show. It's just so beautiful, sad, and touching.

It was sad to hear about Jonathan dying from the monotone-voiced Katrina, and the plot was great. I like how they stopped the train just in time for Edna to tell Jonathan that she's pregnant. Character development exceeded. And then Eevee hatched! I need to know the name of the song at the end. That wasn't a Pokemon song, was it? It fit so well. And then the episode ended with the perfect scene. Edna telling May that it's called the 'Lights of Joy'. And May smiling and saying "That sounds familiar." WIN.

Despite a few plotholes, 11/10. Perfect episode in my eyes.

Willow's Tara
20th May 2010, 7:23 AM
Quite a good episode, it's nice to see Meowth and May getting some character development and interact.

That story did sound sad, it's a shame her husband had died in the original present, it was nice for them to be reunited really.And it was cool seeing Eevee hatch, glad May got an Eevee (I would like to see Ash catch one someday, maybe if there's a new Eevee evolution). Also interesting they mentioned pregnancy in this episode, may have not said it but still.
That train guy sounded like he only cared about his job rather then if May and Meowth would have gotten run over.

Kichum
4th August 2010, 8:44 PM
Not Bad ))) But, who knows, what name of the song, that playing on 17:25? )

Kichum
6th August 2010, 6:31 PM
Hi, guys. I had been searching for a long time. Finaly I has found some information about it) Song was played in the episode Time-warp Heals All Wounds is Stay Together by Nini Camps, from Pokemon X... i guess.

Painkiller2001
2nd December 2010, 2:37 AM
Just thought I would get this thought out of the way about this episode after seeing the pics.

About what Pokemon hatched from the egg:
Well, I'll be damned! It is an Eevee!
And here I thought it was going to be a Zigzagoon!
I guess that makes how she has a Glaceon later on in the series a bit more sense.

Will post a little more after seeing the episode.

Edit: Just saw the episode. It was alright. not great. not bad.
At first, I didn't get the ending. I was thinking "Um, how come Katrina is introducing herself to May again? I don't understand! Does not compute!"

Glad to see May's egg finally hatched! Again, I actually did not expect it to be an Eevee! Yes, I'm one of those people that thought it was going to be a Zigzagoon! Sue me!

darksteel460
5th December 2010, 4:21 AM
This was one of my favorite episodes I'd give it a 11/10 like hol123, I wish there were more episodes like this one, not a lot because it would probably deteriorate that initial feeling but a rare episode like this one would be greatly appreciated but that's just me

Lance The Champ
17th December 2010, 11:01 AM
That episode was special... travelling back into time and changing the whole scenario... almost everything was right about this episode

G50
26th April 2011, 11:17 AM
This episode was very bizarre and confusing... It was great to see May's Egg hatch into an Eevee. It was cool to see May's plan of having Squirtle use Ice Beam to make it snow so that the train would be delayed long enough for Edna to tell Jonathon that she is pregnant so that nothing terrible would happen to him.

20/100

MegSuicune251
6th August 2011, 6:12 PM
This is one of my fave eps. So much emotion, I cried. It was beautifully sad with an insanely happy ending. (,3

couplesupporter
14th August 2011, 11:39 PM
Well I really like this episode and I knew it was an eevee... Well I really like the time traveling part of this episode

Umbreon eon
24th July 2012, 3:23 PM
This episode was really good, Eevee was a good choice
The Volbeat and Illumise were a very nice touch

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)
15th August 2012, 7:46 AM
Amazing episode <3 10/10 i cried :(

Royal_Qeca
1st September 2012, 8:37 AM
This episode was very bizarre and confusing... It was great to see May's Egg hatch into an Eevee. It was cool to see May's plan of having Squirtle use Ice Beam to make it snow so that the train would be delayed long enough for Edna to tell Jonathon that she is pregnant so that nothing terrible would happen to him.

20/100

20/100? Oh your opinion is a little harsh.

Vernikova
9th September 2012, 2:40 AM
A pretty good episode for the most part. Seeing May and Meowth interact was pretty cool though Squirtle is beginning to annoy me for the most part.

Acdog
3rd April 2013, 6:29 AM
This was a very well done episode. It brought back some nostalgia for me of the OS, just because of how emotional it was. Meowth and May's interaction was nicely done. Eevee was cute as well. Although, there's something wrong about changing the space-time continuum...even if for a good cause.

9/10

The Power of Pika
10th May 2013, 2:44 PM
This is one of my favourite episodes.^-^

I loved the whole time travel thing and even the story to it.

I find it quite an emotion driven episode personally.=3

I never get tired of it since i like the episode that much.^-^

I love how Meowth walks off screen while being happy at the end, meanwhile jessie and James are standing there confused.

I also liked at the beginning of the episode when james was spying on Max and brock and the only thing he could think about was the food.=P

JTurls97
19th May 2013, 4:32 AM
This episode was very heart warming. This was the only episode that has made me tear up... Besides the ending of the first movie.

PokemonNation2000
13th June 2013, 6:09 AM
First off, at this point, Michele Knotz developed a very sexy, yet high-pitched, voice for May. Yeah, I said it, people.

That being said, I really felt Veronica Taylor captured the character so much better, but this was one of those episodes where I feel Michele did shine as May and surprisingly did a good job compared to what I was expecting.

This was another one of my favorite episodes in Season 9.

Jimmy Zoppi's Meowth was terrible here in the second half, though. It's the kinda voice you get a migrane from listening to way too often. :/

Still, the dub did a relatively good job, and I did enjoy myself.

Dub: 83/100

Dawn+Serena Fan
27th June 2013, 11:43 PM
This is probably my favorite episode in the series, and one of my favorites in the entire anime. It was a pretty emotional episode, and pretty awesome too as May and Meowth travel back in time and help keep Johnathan from leaving on the train. Also May's egg hatches into an Eevee. I give this episode an 11/10!

PokemontrainerY
7th August 2013, 2:38 PM
This is one of my favorite episodes of Battle frontier series, it was definitly a sad and heart-warming episode. I like episodes that are focused on time-traveling. Also, May got some character development in this episode.

It's sad to hear about Edna's husband Jonathan, but I'm glad May and Mewoth went back to time and changed events of the past. Thanks to them, Now Edna has her husband as her companion.
Also, Nice to see May's egg finally hatching into an Eevee in the end.

Dawn+Serena Fan
30th April 2014, 6:07 AM
Just rewatched this episode, it is still among my favorite episodes and 1 of the best May focused episodes imo. I also love the emotional feel the episode had and the plot was really great overall. It was cool how May, Meowth and Squirtle went back in time and messed with the space time continuum. Team Rocket were surprisingly good in this episode also, I didn't even mind them.
11/10

PokemonNation2000
30th April 2014, 6:09 AM
I would've loved this episode in English if Veronica Taylor voiced May instead of Michele Knotz (sorry, the latter just ruins it completely for me in the dub), and if Maddie Blaustein voiced Meowth instead of Carter Cathcart, honestly: the English dub switch this Season really did this one in for me to say the least, but I do actually love this episode in JPN with subtitles with KAORI and Inuko as the two. I give that version a 90/100, honestly.

Painkiller2001
16th November 2014, 3:17 AM
I was right, the gang was close to Fuschia City. :)
Like with the first time I watched this episode, I thought May's egg was going to hatch in to a Zigzagoon, because of the zig-zag pattern the egg had