PDA

View Full Version : In which order

blob
23rd December 2005, 2:11 AM
Do the Pokémon Movies go in?

Could you please put the episodes inbetween the moves.

#1 Poke Fan
23rd December 2005, 5:17 AM
http://serebii.net/index2.shtml
Go there, and on the left side of the screen there will be episode guides and movie guides.
This thread should be closed some time soon.

Chris
23rd December 2005, 5:32 AM
It's difficult to say, seeing as how the only one we absolutely know falls into the series is the first movie. The other movies are anyone else's guess, although some (including myself) believe the other movies don't follow the TV series. Similar to the Dragon Ball Z movies.

Locke Yggdrasill
23rd December 2005, 5:39 AM
It's difficult to say, seeing as how the only one we absolutely know falls into the series is the first movie
Please pardon my lack of anime knowledge, but in what way has it been verified where that one goes on the time line?

Chris
23rd December 2005, 5:43 AM
Kanto episodes involving Myuutwo fighting Shigeru's Pokémon under Sakaki's control in the armor outfit. Not to mention, him busting right through Sakaki's hideout exactly in the same fashion he did in the movie. The episodes lead up to the movie.

Locke Yggdrasill
23rd December 2005, 5:51 AM
Yeah, now that I think about it, you're correct. I remember those episodes.
If memory serves, it's kind of like The DBZ special, The History of Trunks (in the beginning where the androids kill Gero, and the episode where 17 & 18 kill Gero. The same event, although in two different "episode". It's not an exact analogy, but it's close. =P

Ohtachi
23rd December 2005, 5:53 AM
Part of the confusion can be resulted because part of these movies never made it to America. Like the Mewtwo mini-movie where he was a child. Also, some of the episodes of early Team Rocket which would've helped us have a better understanding of the first film were never transported here.

*From my knowledge.*

Locke Yggdrasill
23rd December 2005, 5:55 AM
Are you referring to the movie with Chartwo, Bulbatwo, and squirtwo(or whatever the heck they were named. @_@)?
That made it to america, only it was a little late. It came on the disc that the Mewtwo special came on.
The "fourth movie" if you will. The one that caused so much controversy. I'm not sure if the short was on the VHS, but it's on the DVD.

Ohtachi
23rd December 2005, 5:57 AM
Are you referring to the movie with Chartwo, Bulbatwo, and squirtwo(or whatever the heck they were named. @_@)?
That made it to america, only it was a little late. It came on the disc that the Mewtwo special came on.

Is that so? Well, I missed that one. Maybe a guide will be released all about the movies after the final Pokemon movie is released.

Locke Yggdrasill
23rd December 2005, 5:58 AM
Yeah, I happen to own the DVD. It's a pretty neat short, although I haven't seen it in a few years.

Perhaps, if there is a final movie. =Þ

Linoone
23rd December 2005, 5:59 AM
I know:
mewtwo vs mew
pokemon 2000(lugia)
pokemon 3(the one with entei)
pokemon 4 ever (with celebi)
pokemon heroes (latis)
jirachi wish maker
destiny deoxys
mew and the wave guiding hero rukario
pokemon ranger and the prince of the sea(kyogre)
*faints*

Ohtachi
23rd December 2005, 6:00 AM
Perhaps, if there is a final movie. =Ţ

Nothing if this sort would last forever. Maybe they'll stop at ten. :o

Locke Yggdrasill
23rd December 2005, 6:01 AM
I know:
mewtwo vs mew
pokemon 2000(lugia)
pokemon 3(the one with entei)
pokemon 4 ever (with celebi)
pokemon heroes (latis)
jirachi wish maker
destiny deoxys
mew and the wave guiding hero rukario
*faints*

Well..uh...you certainly contributed alot right there...How did you manage to do it?
< is astonished you used such big words*
-.-
You forgot the "Pokemon Ranger and the PRInce of the Sea" one. <<;

Ohtachi
23rd December 2005, 6:04 AM
By now everything has been sorted out a tad. We should understand the rest of the movies. As long as they go in order from now on. I'll try to figure this whole movie order out. But no promises.

Linoone
23rd December 2005, 6:04 AM
Well..uh...you certainly contributed alot right there...How did you manage to do it?
< is astonished you used such big words*
-.-
You forgot the "Pokemon Ranger and the PRInce of the Sea" one. <<;
oh, sorry *edits*, well, a friend gave me the torrents and I'm downloading all of em now^^*faints*

Ohtachi
23rd December 2005, 6:06 AM
My two friends struggling to find the order. Something that only requires little research and fact finding. -_-

blob
23rd December 2005, 10:35 AM
Which episodes go INBETWEEN each episode?!

EG:

Ep BEFORE the movie: The Squirtle Squad

The movie: Celebi the voice of the forest

The episode AFTER the movie: some random title

NOTE: This was only an example.

Locke Yggdrasill
23rd December 2005, 10:44 AM
I..uh..have no idea what yo uare trying to say.

The Benmeister
23rd December 2005, 11:06 AM
I can't say I know the exact locations but if you go on the episode guides for each series on serebii's main site then it will have a long list of events that happened that series. Somewhere in those events will be the movie's event, and since the events happen in order you can try and figure it out from there.

Sorry that I wasn't much help :(

blob
24th December 2005, 8:40 PM
There is no info for where movies 6 onwards come in.

PDL
24th December 2005, 8:58 PM
no one really knows when exactly a movie would take place in the anime continuty because it's made so that people can watch the movie and understand it without having to watch the anime first.

blob
25th December 2005, 11:14 AM
I just want to know which eps are shown before and after the movie airs in Japan.

Dark_Scyther
25th December 2005, 11:36 AM
We Kinda know that Destiny Deoxys is set somewhere between the Fortree Episodes and Lillycove's (from where LaRousse is located)

blob
26th December 2005, 1:09 AM
Where does Mew and the wave guiding Hero take place in between the episodes? I know it was in early Battle Fronteir, but I can't remeber when.

Lil Brother
26th December 2005, 1:33 AM
People, he means what episodes were aired (in Japan, of course) before and after each of the movies. It's not the most complicated thing in the world. o.o As for the answer, I have no idea.

And sorry to nitpick, but we also know the second movie is in continuity. Ash mentions seeing a Lugia in the Orange Islands during the Whirl Islands arc.

Magus
26th December 2005, 2:57 AM
Actually, what he's asking about isn't so much air dates of the episodes, but where in the timeline movies fit. Unfortunately I really don't see any good way to determine that. We know the 1st movie takes place after episode 63 (Mewtwo's appearance at the Viridian Gym) and before episode 75 (Ash arrives at the Indigo Plateau), but as far as I know it could take place at any point between those episodes. The timeline would be even looser for the remaining movies.

CyberCubed
26th December 2005, 2:59 AM
Well you can go by the Pokemon the group has, and by current evolutions etc.

There's basically one movie per season, there are 3 Johto seasons, and 3 Johto movies. Obviously going by the Pokemon in each season, you can more or less pinpoint a segment they take place.