PDA

View Full Version : how to cancel the "remember me"?

Volteon
23rd December 2005, 3:17 AM
I think that my brother is entering in my account here because I pressed the "remember me" option. there is one way to cancel this?

Angelic Elf Ivy
23rd December 2005, 3:32 AM
You could click the box by the thing that says "remember me?" and when you normaly would just go offline log out. This sould work unless your brother knows your password, but you could change that if he knows it.

Volteon
23rd December 2005, 3:37 AM
where is this?
and he doesn´t know my password

Angelic Elf Ivy
23rd December 2005, 3:40 AM
Look at the top of this page. clicky (http://www.serebiiforums.com/index.php) It has a place to put your user name and password and it has a little box that says remeber me. You might have to just log out to see it. That's what I had to do. Forgot about that for a moment.

Volteon
23rd December 2005, 3:42 AM
in the little box there is just this:

Welcome, Volteon.
You last visited: Today at 12:15 AM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 120

Angelic Elf Ivy
23rd December 2005, 3:45 AM
Then log out. The remember me thing will show up and It'll be empty. No check in it. Or it may have one.

Volteon
23rd December 2005, 3:47 AM
if I log out I´ll be able to return?

Sammi
23rd December 2005, 3:48 AM
This is the only solution... Log out, and don't click the remember me box when you log on. Simple as that. ._.;
If you're still logged in when you log out, clear your cookies. It's in your options in your broswer. I'm not sure what it is in IE, but Firefox it's Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies, it'll have a button.

EDIT: Of course you can if you remember your password.

Volteon
23rd December 2005, 3:53 AM
This is the only solution... Log out, and don't click the remember me box when you log on. Simple as that. ._.;
If you're still logged in when you log out, clear your cookies. It's in your options in your broswer. I'm not sure what it is in IE, but Firefox it's Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies, it'll have a button.

EDIT: Of course you can if you remember your password.

I though that when you log out you ban yourself and won´t be able to return never more!

thank you !

Twitch
23rd December 2005, 12:14 PM
;227; Actually that isn't the case, since by closing your browser it logs out automatically, hence why you aren't in the "Users Online" list. There is only one way (I think) to ban yourself. Become a mod+/smod/admin, and go to the Members List, search for yourself and click "Ban User" or whatever it says. But there's probably some blocker that prevents you from banning yourself.

PLANES CURE TOWERS
23rd December 2005, 12:48 PM
Twitch. I'm always logged into SppF, even when my browser is closed, it's because of the internet cookies folder. The guy doesn't want to ban himself, he just wants to, well, Log Out. ;/

If you want to log out and keep it that way, clear your cookies folder and then log out. You'll be able to log back in after doing this. That's already been explained though ;o

-Josh :)

Twitch
1st January 2006, 6:44 PM
Twitch. I'm always logged into SppF, even when my browser is closed, it's because of the internet cookies folder. The guy doesn't want to ban himself, he just wants to, well, Log Out. ;/

If you want to log out and keep it that way, clear your cookies folder and then log out. You'll be able to log back in after doing this. That's already been explained though ;o

-Josh :);227; Did I ever imply that he did? Anyway, I always assumed that when you close your browser it logs you out so that you don't show up in the Users Online box, and automatically logs you on when you open the browser again. Just shows that I don't know as much as I think about computers. :o
Oh, and since the question has been answered this thread can be closed, I guess.

Magma Leader Maxie
1st January 2006, 7:07 PM
I always assumed that when you close your browser it logs you out so that you don't show up in the Users Online box, and automatically logs you on when you open the browser again.

This isn't really a "true" log in/log out, but the mechanism you are describing does exist. Otherwise, once you logged in, and checked the "Remember Me" box, you would always seem to be on the forums, and that's not the case.

When you close the browser, you disappear from the "Active users" list. You are now "logged out" and the Celebi icon by the side of your name turns pink. It stays this way until the next time you view any page on the forums.

Once you do, a cookie in your "Cookies" folder provides some information such as your username and password, and you are instantly logged in.

Thus, when you click "Log Out" you are merely deleting that cookie, and by logging in again, you create a new cookie and the cycle begins again.

Sammi
1st January 2006, 8:38 PM
Actually, if you close your broswer, you don't "log out" for fifteen minutes or so, depending on when the cutoff time is ;D Your broswer will be closed, yes, but it won't show that you are offline until the cutoff time, whenever that is on SPPF.
Just wanted to point that out.

Magma Leader Maxie
1st January 2006, 10:40 PM
Ah, yes, forgot to mention that. Cutoff time is when the site re-collects the cookie information from everyone online, and if it is unable to access your serebiforums.com cookie (and it obviously is if you have terminated your browser program), you are removed from the list. A shorter cutoff time means a more accurate "Active Users" list, but a longer cutoff time is more economic when it comes to bandwidth. Generally speaking, cutoff time is inbetween 10 and 15 minutes, and I think it's exactly that here too.