PDA

View Full Version : the general smilies here are too old

marktheshark
23rd December 2005, 6:23 PM
the general smilies in SPPF are too old they need to be in color here are the smilies that need color: :o, :( , :@ , :redface: , :rolleyes: , :) , :D , :p , :confused: , ;) , :cool: u see what i mean

PLANES CURE TOWERS
23rd December 2005, 6:28 PM
I think they're fine, they're not really used anyway, and the ones that are used portray the point perfectly. Don't really see why they need to be updated. Why fix that which isn't in need of a fix?

-Josh :)

BLUE EGG
23rd December 2005, 6:38 PM
I think that they are good too, even better than those animated in some other forums.

CoolTrainerTerry
23rd December 2005, 6:39 PM
Why fix what ain't broken? They are perfectly fine.

indigestible_wad
23rd December 2005, 8:31 PM
You need everything to be perfect? Those smilies are fine. What would be the point of color anyway? They still portray the point, just more colorful.

+Chaos Blade+
23rd December 2005, 8:43 PM
You can also make your own, you know. That's one. >:o Another. Etc.

Like some guy said - if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Juputoru
23rd December 2005, 11:21 PM
Interstingly enough, some people like plain yellow smileys more :O

And as said before...what's the point of just changing the colors? :< It'd be as pointless(although less annoying) than animating them.

Wolf Goddess
24th December 2005, 12:36 AM
They're fine. We need a few more, IMO, but the ones we have are perfectly acceptable.

Kanadian Kyuubi
24th December 2005, 12:42 AM
Actually, those are still the vBulletin 2 smiles, vBulletin 3 has brand new redesigned smiles you know.

indigestible_wad
24th December 2005, 1:38 AM
But do we need them?

RaZoR LeAf
24th December 2005, 1:44 AM
They are smilies, not masterpieces. Nobody looks at :) and thinks "Oh what an interesting peice of art, it's facial expression clearly displays the emoton of hapiness, though it's pale yellow complextion does have a certain [arty french term] about it". They think "oh. happy."

Jade
1st January 2006, 8:29 AM
Why not make Celebi emotions that fit the site perfectly?

zeppelin
1st January 2006, 10:55 AM
who cares? im not trying to be rude the smilies are fine they get the point out clearley we dont need new ones[unless serebii wants them]

Nny
1st January 2006, 11:03 AM
I find all the smilies ok, if we did change them it likely people will abuse them and what not.

Eszett
1st January 2006, 1:56 PM
More than they do now? :x

If anything, we need to ditch the Pokemon smilies or at least not make them show up when people start a thread/don't use quick reply, but that's a matter for another discussion. Our current arsenal of actual smilies (i.e., pictoral representations of a face with an expression) suit their purpose just fine; there's no need to improve them. Besides of which, I see non-pictoral emoticons here much more often than :) and its ilk.

Nny
1st January 2006, 2:02 PM
More than they do now? :x

If anything, we need to ditch the Pokemon smilies or at least not make them show up when people start a thread/don't use quick reply, but that's a matter for another discussion.
Yeah we should like get rid of some of these pokemon ones since the newbies are always abusing them.

ToonKid
1st January 2006, 9:39 PM
if serebii gets more, its ok, if they dont, thats ok 2