PDA

View Full Version : PHT Virus Outbreak:C.o.t.D. Discussion

Tiana_M
23rd December 2005, 7:25 PM
Ok guys talk all you want about characters and plot stuff or ask any questions you want too.

Avenger Angel
23rd December 2005, 8:57 PM
Okay, just so you know, I'm probably going to be starting this the 26th of December. That's one thing I haven't mentioned to anyone except Bron.

Also, thanks for putting up the thread Tiana.

Tiana_M
24th December 2005, 6:24 PM
No problem NP, and thank you for giving us all an idea of when the RPG will start because I am dying to know when another RPG will start that I've been accepted to but I don't want to make the GM mad by asking when it'll start.

On another note, I just wanted to say that it seems we've got a pretty good 8 person group so far. And for those who only reserved spots, I can't wait to see your characters and wether or not they're accepted.

Further more I'm really really excited about this RPG, I played the first, or was it the second?, version of it on PE2K and It was so much fun I just hope it becomes as popular here as it did there, just not with the having it die out part. But, since you revamped it NP I don't think that's gonna happen again. At least I really hope it doesn't.

I aslo hope people start to actually use this thread once we get going. :P

T.Z
25th December 2005, 11:46 PM
I kinda wonder where we start. It's in Saffron, I know that, but are we allowed to start wherever we want in Saffron?

Avenger Angel
26th December 2005, 5:01 AM
Yep, I'm still accepting. You'd better write it quickly though.

As for a starting place, you can start anywhere within the walls. However, just know, Saffron isn't as small as it is in the games.

T.Z
26th December 2005, 2:36 PM
As for a starting place, you can start anywhere within the walls. However, just know, Saffron isn't as small as it is in the games.
Imagination is what counts. Hell we made the battle frontier island virtually huge in my othe RPG.

skiboydoggy
26th December 2005, 5:26 PM
You mean it's not huge...? Hmmm... You would think with four different uber-arenas it would be.
Anyway, I seem to have forgotten about my Hybrid description as well...
So could I just skip that part and actually describe the transformation if or when I get it?

Seijiro Mafuné
26th December 2005, 5:54 PM
I'm not really sure if I'd join, but I'm curious about something: other than the physical thing, does the person affected by the virus get some mental effects (like getting enraged more easily, getting an overload of instincts, and similar), or is that only for people who by chance turned into a Psychic Pokémon?

Socrates With A Lobotomy
26th December 2005, 6:02 PM
I think the owner said that hybrids remain unchanged mentally...

Tiana_M
26th December 2005, 9:35 PM
Ancient is right, the Hybrids don't change mentally. I guess they could be changed mentally if you really wanted them to, but NP could tell you better whether or not he'd allow it.

Avenger Angel
26th December 2005, 10:12 PM
You're right, their mentality is totally unchanged, even if they become a hybrid of a psychic Pokemon. They gain psychic powers, but their mindstate remainds the same as opposed to the belief by humans that they have become savages in that aspect.

Also, I'm making it final, the release date is going to be pushed back to the 28th. If you still want to be in the RP, now's the time to submit a form, or else we'll have to start without you.

But still, considering this is the fourth episode of this series, I'm pretty sure there will be another in the future sometime.

T.Z
27th December 2005, 12:27 PM
When we transforms into our hybrid forms, we gain poké powers and abilities but we keep our human senses? Can we speak like normal humans as well?

BTW, I read your Trial of Juno. Fantastic!

Socrates With A Lobotomy
27th December 2005, 3:16 PM
If are physical forms change, does that mean our Pokemon won't recognize us and act hostile to us or something?

Blivsey
27th December 2005, 9:44 PM
In order to sum up some of the above posts: Give us all possible details on how the "Hybrid Forms" will work.

Tiana_M
27th December 2005, 9:49 PM
T.Z :Well, we keep the senses that aren't affected by the change, for example if my character transformed, her ears would elongate and therefore she'd gain the good hearing of an Espeon, but her sense of sight doesn't change because she kept her own eyes. Whether or not you can still talk depends on whether or not your mouth changes in the transformation, if it does, then most likey it can't make human noises, but if it stays the same then yes you should be able to still talk.

Ancient: That is completely up to you. You get to decide how your pokemon react to the change.

NP:I'm just going on what I remember from the last version of this I played, please correct me if I'm wrong. BTW, I think Oblivion's idea is a good one, it would stem a lot of other questions.

Blivsey
28th December 2005, 3:00 AM
Wait, what good idea did I have? *racks brains*

Tiana_M
28th December 2005, 6:20 AM
Oblivion: The one where NP give a full description of just how the Hybrid forms of our characters will work.

Or in any case a kind of guide of basics that will apply to all our Hybrids. 'cause of course the full dimensions of our hybrid's new view on life will be personal decisions.

Blivsey
28th December 2005, 8:30 PM
Ah. Well, yes, it seemed to me a bit unexplained, in need of clearing up.

Dactylus
31st December 2005, 12:13 AM
So, could someone explain why everybody but Havoc absolutely ignored my characters sudden burst of brilliant light as if nothing had happened? Light, by the way, that was the equivilant of someone shining a light bulb directly into your eyes right after you've been in almost complete darkness?

bronislav84
31st December 2005, 9:40 AM
I don't know about the others, Dact, but I didn't.

The Teleport your Kadabra did and then the Flash was in time with the Flashlight that Tiana opened, so my chracter was just more blinded, and thought it was the Flashlight, since the Telepoert was quickly done.

I don't know why the others ignored yoru Flash, though.

Dactylus
31st December 2005, 4:28 PM
Makes enough sense for me to accept it, thanks for the explanation, Bron.

Like you, I'm not sure why people decided that my post didn't have enough marit to be considered.

Ytnim
1st January 2006, 10:34 AM
Knightblazer, I just cannot see a 15 year old boy throwing a 23 year old man to the ground. Especially since that 23 year old has just gained some powers that a Lugia possess' and who is in a very bad mood. Your sign up also states you character has weak arms, which is proving my point further.

Please think through things before you post them.

Neo Pikachu, if you don't want me to point out these extremely obvious things any longer, I'll stop.

Ytnim
2nd January 2006, 1:35 AM
You know Dactylus, your character has proposed an interesting offer, my character might just take it. Or his little angel sitting on his shoulder might get the better of him. What to do, what to do?

Dactylus
2nd January 2006, 2:08 AM
Everybody needs to a have a little fun.

And maybe a little loot. I say take it, our characters can revel in stolen goods, haha.

Seijiro Mafuné
19th January 2006, 12:35 PM
Izzit me, or is this dead?

Socrates With A Lobotomy
19th January 2006, 3:11 PM
Yeah, they must all be busy with school/work or something.

Blivsey
21st January 2006, 12:10 AM
I would post, but the situation I'm in is standing still. That gives me nothing to do but whistle.