View Poll Results: Least favorite genre?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love/Hate

3 9.68%
  • Damsel in Distress

10 32.26%
  • Girl Next Door

0 0%
  • Clone Personality

6 19.35%
  • Tragic (please specify)

3 9.68%
  • Shounen ai/Shoujo ai

1 3.23%
  • Forever Unrequited

2 6.45%
  • Other

6 19.35%

Thread: Least Favorite Shipping Genre

Kagome Higurashi Guest

Default Least Favorite Shipping Genre

OK since the other thread is most cliched and almost all of them are generally cliched anyway, which is your least favorite overall? And you can only pick one!

My least favorite is clone personality, it's very boring.
    Last edited by Kagome Higurashi; 28th December 2005 at 8:58 PM.

Het. 8D

As for chemistry, I hate ANYTHING clich&#233;'d equally unless I can find a way to spice it up. :<
    |The Arena Captain! Make way for...

KOGOMI! <3|

~~|As you probably already know, the smexy Kogomi pic is a courtesy of Pokésho. The bestest page on the interwabz. 8D And don't you forget: "Kogomi is the cutest and you know it! >:O" x3|~~

|Claimed Ships: Tails x Knuckles~Knuckles x Shadow~Fleur Delacour x Hermione Granger|

|Currently obsessed with: Eeveelutions/StaffShipping/Kogomi/Dunno KAY?... Because I CAN! :0|

|*~*~Twinage: Phantom_Bugsy~*~*Pair: taitofan~*~*|

|AAAANNDDD... I've claimed Kogomi in the Bishounen thread and Beast Boy in the Cartoon Bishounen thread! <3|

Chaotic Sponge Guest

Damsel in Distress. Hands down.

I believe it's one of the oldest cliches' ever- seriously, even FAIRY TALES did it- and not only that, bitween the females helplessness and 'wahing' I just want to stab something.

Although, I think it's cool if it's a guy, since then It'll get a laugh. =D.

-Da Spongey one.

This is almost exactly like your other poll. :/

Anyway, damsel in distress is lame if the girl is really pathetic.

However, I do like it if the girl shows that she can be as much of a heroine as the guy, but still relies on the guy to help her.

Lots of Disney Movies are like that, the girl is shown to be a heroine all throughout the movie, but then in the end the guy saves the girl anyway.

So uh...it really depends.

Nintendo Master Guest

Damsel in distress is the most boring genre ever because it's too overused in anime,manga,video games,etc.

Probably Damsel in Distress... Though it really depends.

It doesn't annoy me as much if the girl is shown to be strong and can still protect herself, but she makes mistakes every once in awhile.

Love/hate + DID bothers me. One second the girl is beating up on the guy, then the next "OMG RESCUE MEEEEEEEEE!" and all the guy is concerned about is the girl. Especially when the girl is strong enough to get out of the situation, but no, she MUST have the guy rescue her because "omgangst he don't care about me he likes otherz waaaaaaah *sliceslice*".

Stuff like Lloyd x Colette is bothersome as well. Colette is stronger than Lloyd, yet we have to see her get saved all the time. It's stupid.

... So yeah. I'll just vote DID.

I think my least favourite genre ever is the 'perfect' couple. As in, the Mary-Sue and her male counterpart who are drawn together because they can sense the pure and noble soul of the other shining through like a beacon of yaddah yaddah yah. Often they end up saving the world through the holy power of their true love, because they're just special like that. Luckily I usually only see this in fanfic, but it's still horrendous enough to warrant a vote. Clone personalities was the closest thing to it on the poll, so that's what I clicked.
    Fic plugs: Taking a Chance (multi-chaptered, Contestshipping/Pokeshipping)
    Firelight (Christmas oneshot, Contestshipping)

I adopted Drew Plushie from Ama's Collection

^ Adopted by moi. Innit CUUUTE?

Tragic, especially involving characters I like/shippings I like. I think I died a little inside when K.A. killed off Rachel from Animorphs. The whole Rachel/Tobias thing its built up through out the entire series, but it ends with Tobias stealing the urn carrying Rachel's ashes...*sniff*

Yeah, put simply, I really hate it when a shipping I like is literally killed off...
    "The Melody of Reason will Play the Note of Truth"

I&#180;m really trying to not go to sleep...

I vote Damsel in Distress for the imbalanced nature of this kind of ship. Just *yawns* i don&#180;t like it.

To hell with this, i&#180;m going to sleep.

Tragic. If I like the ship, I could care less if there are other cliches, or even if it's forever unrequited, as long as they're both alive so there's a chance...

Most of the ships I'm crazy about are crack-induced anyways, so the only one of those I see a lot is forever unrequited and sometimes love/hate. Well, and shounen/shoujo ai of course, though I'm not sure why that's up there when het/incest/crossbreeding/pedophilia isn't... >.>
    Bishies: Luppi & Lady Bat|C.Bishie: Clopin|VG.Bishie: Gale|Pokemon: Ariados
    Ships: ReijixSaturn, KafeixVaati, MeltxLezard & NoelxLeon
    Twin: Vycksta

Shipping Face-Off (Ultimate Face-Off of 2007): Best Shinji/Paul Ship

My least favorite shipping genre is through love,and hate because it's hard to tell which like or hate each other. After all, fighting,and bickering are not the signs of love.

It's true that Ash,and May did fight in one episode, but they were able to stop the bickering by apologize each other for their previous actions. That's so compassion that pokeshipping didn't have.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping. But right now, I'm an Amourshipper.

FC: 2423-6435-4556
    IGN: Shego

Friend Safari: (Fighting Type)
    Mienfoo,Sawk,and Breloom

Well, I'm not much of a shipper, but here goes.

I agree about damsel in distress things. -_-;; Annoying as heck. And it's not on the list, but one-sided things bug me. A lot. I'm talking about when one of them (usually the girl) is all "ZOMG i LUV J00!!!!1 *hugs*", and the other one (usually the guy) is all "WTF?" Ugh...

And sappy, overly romantic stuff is kind of irritating. I mean, I've gotten to the point where I don't find kissing in movies and stuff gross anymore, but sometimes this kind of thing is taken too far.

This lovely banner was made by Faerie.
    My Devaintart gallery
    Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have
    trouble remembering how to fly
    Oh, and I claimed Sora from the Kingdom Hearts games in the bishie thread. ^^

My least favorite genres are the ones that are done to death, especially in fanfiction. There's only so much you can do after a certain point that hasn't been done before. That's why I avoid Ash & Misty fanfics like the plague.
    New shinies week of 11/30-12/7:
    New shinies week of 12/7-12/14:

Currently hunting/MM'ing:

F/riend codes: 4571-0519-1537, 4571-0519-6173
    I still need some codes! Please add me and PM me, I'd appreciate it.
    -

Het-er-o-sex-u-al-i-ty.

I find it all disgusting in anime. <3

Purrrrrrr.

Why are shounen-ai and shoujo-ai their own category? You think by a ship being same-gendered it doesn't fit in any of those other categories?

Trainer card by Pariah164 (but the Fletcher sprite is mine), and Tringham brothers doll by Yoru Ryu.

Mod on Bulbagarden Forums | Admin on Bulbapedia

Chaotic Sponge Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ketsuban
    Why are shounen-ai and shoujo-ai their own category? You think by a ship being same-gendered it doesn't fit in any of those other categories?
    I think s/he means that when a person in a ship's 'peferance' is changed just for that ship -facon wise, atleast- when it might have been actaully 'stated' in the series that they weren't.

*shrug*

And I see a lot of people are voting for DID... Good, good =D.

There are some good movies/books/whatever with love/hate-relationships, but I have to say...slowly but surely, they're getting annoying as hell. Bring back some good romances without this 'constant bickering' aspect. I'm startin' to hate it.

Forever unrequited is quite pathetic. That's the only thing that made Scarlett so horrible, because other than that she would have been a great character. Erm..off-topic.

Damsel in distress is annoying too if it involves a character like Jane from 'Tarzan'. Erm...off-topic.
    Last edited by Sushi; 30th December 2005 at 5:15 PM.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Note: Please only reply to infraction PMs if you 1) have follow-up questions, or 2) seriously intend to contest the infraction, instead of merely complaining about or making fun of it, providing no elaborate counterarguments whatsoever. While I appreciate apologies or promises that "it won't happen again" and the like, they too fulfill no purpose except for cluttering up my inbox. An honest effort to avoid further rule-breaking is worth much more than a one-line PM saying you're sorry anyway. Thanks!

Sushi, do you watch Dr. Who? The new season, that is? The Doctor/Rose relationship isn't love/hate and it's adorable. [/ship pimpage]
    Fic plugs: Taking a Chance (multi-chaptered, Contestshipping/Pokeshipping)
    Firelight (Christmas oneshot, Contestshipping)

I adopted Drew Plushie from Ama's Collection

^ Adopted by moi. Innit CUUUTE?

Pretty sure it doesn't air here in Germany ;( But it's good to know about it anyway, thanks XD

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Note: Please only reply to infraction PMs if you 1) have follow-up questions, or 2) seriously intend to contest the infraction, instead of merely complaining about or making fun of it, providing no elaborate counterarguments whatsoever. While I appreciate apologies or promises that "it won't happen again" and the like, they too fulfill no purpose except for cluttering up my inbox. An honest effort to avoid further rule-breaking is worth much more than a one-line PM saying you're sorry anyway. Thanks!