Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Free Resources for Webmasters

Mega Guest

Zeeblo.com is an okay host.

umm can someone please tell me a site is like this ...
    No Ads or Popups...
    30MBs and/or up...
    Free

thats really all my request...
    BEST FRIENDS WITH MEGA, TANHONY, BECO

Signature.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalApocalypse
    i tried it... i registered there for 1 1/2 months and they didnt even send me a activation mail yet... any other ones? and i tried web 1000 but i dont like that one..
    Last edited by Charmander; 4th April 2006 at 6:03 AM.

There are obviously more, look at the first post... Freewebs offers 43 MB, but not 50. I don't like any other hosts as they ask for too much personal info... But, why not try the others... You've only done two. -_-
    nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Jetx
    There are obviously more, look at the first post... Freewebs offers 43 MB, but not 50. I don't like any other hosts as they ask for too much personal info... But, why not try the others... You've only done two. -_-
    -_-... i said no ads or popups.... freewbs is full of it... and i tried ALLof them...

frrewebs has no ads or pop-ups on html mods... -_-;
    nostalgia

May I suggest FunPic? If you can understand how to FTP, which is pretty simple any how, it's the best you can use for free, imo. No ads either.
    SPPF Christian Alliance Club
    Paired with the spiggin' awesome Saya

PC Specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800 (AM2 2.5 GHz) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX480 (1024MB PCI-E) | ASUS M4A78 PLUS | 4x 1 GB DDR2 667 | 320GB Seagate/80GB Hitachi SATA

"Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow."

PokeManiac1522 Guest

My firend Jacob uses ProFuse Host.net for his site.

I don't know what your feelings on the use of background tiles are, but I think it might be an idea to post up a few sites which offer free backgrounds. Here's a few that I know of:

http://www.patswebgraphics.com

http://www.aaabackgrounds.com

http://www.allfreebackgrounds.com

http://www.grsites.com

A cute exterior hides inner strength ~ Suzy

Destiny's Bond

I just updated the list.
    Thanks for your help, people

Button by WereDragn
    ORAS News
    (oh yeah, if you didn't know, my PM box is still full...)

awesome free host
    http://addyour.net
    cPanel
    unlimited space
    and more

Quote Originally Posted by Jetx
    freewebs has no ads on HTML mode and 41MB space on HTML mode... I thought you should state that as I'm fed up of people going on about freewebs being a bad host...
    Freewebs is a bad host,you want to know why?

1.Bad space (41 MB isn't close enough in HTML mode for somebody with a serious site.)

2.100 file limit is really lame,premium is the only way to go now sadly,I only wish they would let you have 500 files at least. Serves a better purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by JKaizer
    On HTML mode, you're supposed to add a Freewebs ad, as I recall.
    To prevent people from cheating and not having an ad on his/her site they now place a forced ad on the top of the website which is no biggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltzer
    1.Bad space (41 MB isn't close enough in HTML mode for somebody with a serious site.)
    I don't know tons about what equals what or what-not, but 41MB for me is a lot... I've only used 233.6 kB of the available 41 MB... If I'm correct in guessing, 1000 kB = 1 MB... so Freewebs offers lots of webspace.

Your speaking with a cool webmaster BlueGuy,your a freewebs user wich is basically normal in any person. You see,your website uses so little space while mine uses aot more space than yours. It uses up a total of 14.7 MB. And if your on about a serious site a different host is essential.

Your speaking with a cool webmaster BlueGuy,your a freewebs user wich is basically normal in any person. You see,your website uses so little space while mine uses aot more space than yours. It uses up a total of 14.7 MB. And if your on about a serious site a different host is essential.
    Yeah, 11 year olds are SO cool now adays, aren't they? >>

Your site really shouldn't take up that much space. It'd be about a meg for the index, maybe 2-3 megs for anything extra. Otherwise each page should be 4-200 K each. Else, you must be doing something really inefficient.

PC Specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800 (AM2 2.5 GHz) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX480 (1024MB PCI-E) | ASUS M4A78 PLUS | 4x 1 GB DDR2 667 | 320GB Seagate/80GB Hitachi SATA

Since when are wannabe Pokémon sites "cool" or their precocious "webmasters"? And it's "blueguy". I may use freewebs, but I think most would agree that your site offers nothing original and isn't that great. I don't know how you've acquired such an ego, but I suggest you drop it. Also, since when do a bunch of half-finished pages account for that much space?

Quote Originally Posted by blueguy
    Since when are wannabe Pokémon sites "cool" or their precocious "webmasters"? And it's "blueguy". I may use freewebs, but I think most would agree that your site offers nothing original and isn't that great. I don't know how you've acquired such an ego, but I suggest you drop it. Also, since when do a bunch of half-finished pages account for that much space?
    Firstly most links lead to wrong links. I've been busy with alot of things and lazy to edit them. K? K. And I already know I'm much cooler then you by 100 times.=/

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El
    Yeah, 11 year olds are SO cool now adays, aren't they? >>
    Damn,you read profiles? Srsly,even 10 year olds are much cooler than you and own a sucesfull website.

Damn,you read profiles? Srsly,even 10 year olds are much cooler than you and own a sucesfull website.
    I usually read when people are trying to do stuff or say they are "cool". Seriously, when you get to high school, see how cool you are.
    Also, I read profiles when 10 year olds think they pwn people that are not making really serious sites. >>

When I meet a 10 year old that knows advanced PHP, HTML, ASP, XHTML, CSS, the likes and with their own domain and server and they know advance C++ and Visual Basic, I'll probably consider them "cool".

May I ask you to stop going on about who is cool and who isn't in this thread, since it's about providing free resources to other webmasters.

Freewebs... once you start using another host, you won't give freewebs a second look. Trust me on this one.

Anyways, found a decent-quality webhost:
    http://www.mondaysdhosting.com/ (800-1000MB though they ask questions about average hits per month)

[PI Forums|Magma HQ|Kikkoman!]
    Teal'c: Are you considering the same tactic as I?
    O'Neill: Teal'c, the cliché is "are you thinking what I'm thinking". And the answer is "yes".

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El
    I usually read when people are trying to do stuff or say they are "cool". Seriously, when you get to high school, see how cool you are.
    Also, I read profiles when 10 year olds think they pwn people that are not making really serious sites. >>

When I meet a 10 year old that knows advanced PHP, HTML, ASP, XHTML, CSS, the likes and with their own domain and server and they know advance C++ and Visual Basic, I'll probably consider them "cool".

O RLY? I didn't know age was a way to rate somebody being cool. I'm ending this discussion right now before another nub pops in. Yeah advanced programming is cool,it's just wierd I can already design games. And really good ones,consider it advanced C++.

B.O.T

I really like Freewebs I don't think it deserves its bad rep.
    It's my site, fear it.

Less than %.001 of all people on Serebii are named AgentChronon. If you are one of that %.001 percent, copy and paste this into your sig (started by AgentChronon)

Buoysel= awesome. It will always be that way. Forever. If you think you are a bigger Buoysel fan than me, PM me and I will correct you.

Free domain: www.joynic.com
    Last edited by Liam-Kun; 24th September 2006 at 11:49 AM.
    I can breed almost everything that is breedable!
    Diamond Friend Code: 0774 1721 9376
    Platinum Friend Code: 2707 9389 9977
    Looking for: Umbreon

-poke-

Great list. But you should add to www.forumer.com some info

they have
    1.Unlimited Space or Bandwith
    2.Short URL's such as forumname.x.am
    3. Possibility to remove ads for free (fbuks) and buy a domain name.
    www.mE-Entertainment.net

...hasten to drown into beautiful eyes ♫
    Sig Request Shop

I wouldn't really take into account believing that their is such thing as 'unlimited'.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast