Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 137

Thread: Free Resources for Webmasters

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    0

    Default

    something's wrong with zeeblo
    I setted up an account in April 2006. However, the site isn't working, it says Cannot Find Server. When i check the zeeblo homepage, it also has the Cannoot Find Server. What's going on EH?

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Travelling with my trainer
    Posts
    176

    Default

    I really like this one

    http://www.t35.com

    they offer unlimited space and bandwidth
    Last edited by Minun2; 6th November 2006 at 5:25 PM.
    (Don't ask about my username, I registered in 2006 but I'll request a change the next time its possible)
    Feel free to send me a visitor message or private message
    I accept all friend invites
    -------------------------
    Lakepower Forums - http://www.lakepower.net/
    Lakepower Chat - http://www.lakepower.net/misc.php?do...Lakepower_Chat
    -------------------------

  3. #53
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Australia, Victoria
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Would you considder adding www.iforumer.com to the list...its a forum hosting site...

    off topic: Im currently using freewebs...im defintly going to get my dad to host me now though.

  4. #54
    Ugobama is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,533

    Default

    On www.dotTk.com.....how are you supposed to pull up your domain? Im confused.

  5. #55

    Default

    Google Page Creator(beta) is a basic host that has a built-in page builder and 100MB of space(which is more than some of the majors such as Freewebs and 50Megs).

    The main downsides are that there's no server-side scripts, and you have to click Publish each time you update your site which can be quite confusing. Not recommended for advanced users.

    NOTE: It is currently only avalible to GMail users whislt it is in beta stages.
    Last edited by PokeManiac1522; 11th December 2006 at 9:29 PM.

  6. #56

    Default

    Check this out if u don't know HTML:http://www.pagetutor.com/html_tutor/lesson01.html

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Right now I'm thinking of working on a website. However I have one problem, I don't know any coding stuff like html. Now I'm going to learn that in school, but that's a long time from now. I also heard that learning online takes a lot of time and I don't think I can learn coding during the school. So I'm looking for something simpler. A webhosting website that doesn't require coding or if it does, it's something that I can learn fast. Also something like freewebs with pre-made templetes will also do the job.

    Any help would be appreciated.


  8. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Posts
    1,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phatkav View Post
    Right now I'm thinking of working on a website. However I have one problem, I don't know any coding stuff like html. Now I'm going to learn that in school, but that's a long time from now. I also heard that learning online takes a lot of time and I don't think I can learn coding during the school. So I'm looking for something simpler. A webhosting website that doesn't require coding or if it does, it's something that I can learn fast. Also something like freewebs with pre-made templetes will also do the job.

    Any help would be appreciated.
    i learned HTML in two days here: w3schools

    w3schools, look it up on google and it will have the link, because your other ideas arent real.

    [img]http://i42.*******.com/4rtd0g.png[/img]

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    218

    Default

    I tried learning html and I have learned the basic of it. I'm just going to learn more of it so I can master it. Anyway so now I'm looking for a good web hosting that can help me. Here is what I'm looking for:

    - Offers a great amount of space. Since the website I'm making requires daily updates and lots of pictures.

    - Let me upload a lot of files. Also the file zie should be big.

    - Free.

    - The domain name is easy to remember. I don't want some hard stuff to remember.

    - To be able to build the website with HTMLY/CSS. I don't want to use any pre made templates.

    I hope I was clear in what I said and t hanks in advance for helping.


  10. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    18

    Default

    http://www.phpnet.us
    http://www.ifastnet.com
    http://www.byethost.com
    http://www.cybertoad.net

    Bear in mind the latter two require your site to be uploaded within a certain period of time.
    PM me to rate your website (including message boards) privately.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Thanks for the links.

    For the first two websites, I just checked them very fast, but it looks like they only do PHP. So can I actually just make the website with html and css?

    Also for all of these websites is my domain name going to be like name.website's name.com/net/us?


  12. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    18

    Default

    The only server-side scripting language they do is PHP (some might do SSI, I'm not sure, though). However, HTML, CSS and JavaScript are all client-side, so all hosts "support" them. So to answer your question, yes.

    I'm pretty sure for all of them it's yourname.hostdomain.com/net/us, but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Crepuscular; 6th February 2007 at 2:36 AM.
    PM me to rate your website (including message boards) privately.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    218

    Default

    For the last two websites when you say you can only upload on a certain period of time, how long it that period of time? I just want to know because usually I won't be uploading files daily.

    I'm checking these websites more now. I may go with Cybertoad because they give 2GB storage and I think it's enough for me because it will take my website a long time to fill this space.

    In your opinion whihc one do you recommand?


  14. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    18

    Default

    For Byethost, it's one week. For Cybertoad, it's 30 days. You can still upload after that period, you just need a functional website that is open to the public by that time.

    Personally I like PHPNet the best because it supports .htaccess (also supported by Byethost, but I don't like the 7-day rule as I don't have PHP locally installed) and has the highest transfer rate. However, if I wanted a website that was going to use lots and lots of space, I'd go with Cybertoad.
    Last edited by Crepuscular; 6th February 2007 at 2:38 AM. Reason: Typo
    PM me to rate your website (including message boards) privately.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nowhere, Midwest, USA
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Thank you for posting some links for some Graphic Backgrounds!! I really need these

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    in a house
    Posts
    315

    Default

    anyone know a good site that has free pokemon layouts?
    WIFI Info:
    Name: Seamus
    FC: 3265 1535 5446

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    264

    Default

    elfinprince5 this site has 3 good pokemon layouts here

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Land Down Under
    Posts
    304

    Default

    a great forum provider is boomp.com

    Its what I use and gives me a hell of a lot of choice.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Just one more question about hosting. Since I have been looking through the links Crepuscular gave me, I found tha t all of them use FTP or whatever it's called. I'm wondering is anyone of them uses a text editor I can use. If you don't know what I mean, I mean something like Freewebs when you switch to HTML mode. They have an easy page-editing tools. That's what I want when I want to edit my files/pages using HTML, I don't want to use FTP.

    I'm just wondering if there is any web hosting service that offer this. With of course having no ads, large amount of space and with unlimited file uploading and files size.

    Thanks.


  20. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    i get around
    Posts
    529

    Default

    can anyone find a good site that gives free domains

    Cydot is written in dutch !!!!!!

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phatkav View Post
    Just one more question about hosting. Since I have been looking through the links Crepuscular gave me, I found tha t all of them use FTP or whatever it's called. I'm wondering is anyone of them uses a text editor I can use. If you don't know what I mean, I mean something like Freewebs when you switch to HTML mode. They have an easy page-editing tools. That's what I want when I want to edit my files/pages using HTML, I don't want to use FTP.

    I'm just wondering if there is any web hosting service that offer this. With of course having no ads, large amount of space and with unlimited file uploading and files size.

    Thanks.
    FTP and text-editors are two different things. Text-editor usage is site making, while FTP is site publishing (uploading). Use Notepad/vi/whatever to make a page, and use an FTP client like SmartFTP to then upload it (or directly create it from the FTP client). Using SmartFTP, you can also edit files like that. It may take some getting used to, but it's better than doing it over an HTTP connection.
    Last edited by Crepuscular; 24th February 2007 at 11:22 AM.
    PM me to rate your website (including message boards) privately.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    0x3A28213C
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crepuscular View Post
    Personally I like PHPNet the best because it supports .htaccess (also supported by Byethost, but I don't like the 7-day rule as I don't have PHP locally installed) and has the highest transfer rate. However, if I wanted a website that was going to use lots and lots of space, I'd go with Cybertoad.
    Byethost's "7-day upload rule" is because some nasty hackers (from Brazil, I think) and other users mass-registered accounts, which were unused. Therefore, they introduced this rule so that proper users could get good accounts with decent names (yourchosenname.byethost.com). Basically, within seven days of registration you can upload an index.html file saying "Site will be online soon, please be patient" and then take as long as you like to get everything ready for your actual site opening. It's hardly a problem.

    Other good hosting sites (some better than phpnet.us?) are:
    http://kwikphp.com
    http://my-place.us
    http://ifastnet.com
    http://4sql.net
    http://swiftphp.com

    P.S. I used to use smartftp, it's absolute crap despite the "in-built text-editing" feature (which is not useful anyway, I'd rather edit with anything else). Try Filezilla instead.
    Last edited by Magma Leader Maxie; 2nd March 2007 at 2:46 PM. Reason: URL repair

    [PI Forums|Magma HQ|Kikkoman!]
    Teal'c: Are you considering the same tactic as I?
    O'Neill: Teal'c, the cliché is "are you thinking what I'm thinking". And the answer is "yes".

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magma Leader Naxie
    Byethost's "7-day upload rule" is because some nasty hackers (from Brazil, I think) and other users mass-registered accounts, which were unused. Therefore, they introduced this rule so that proper users could get good accounts with decent names (yourchosenname.byethost.com). Basically, within seven days of registration you can upload an index.html file saying "Site will be online soon, please be patient" and then take as long as you like to get everything ready for your actual site opening. It's hardly a problem.
    That was a misunderstanding on my part and seems quite reasonable, then.

    "kvikphp.com" doesn't seem to work. Is that a typo, or is the site down?
    PM me to rate your website (including message boards) privately.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    0x3A28213C
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crepuscular View Post
    "kvikphp.com" doesn't seem to work. Is that a typo, or is the site down?
    Oops, it's a typo. Sorry about that. It's supposed to be KwikPHP.

    [PI Forums|Magma HQ|Kikkoman!]
    Teal'c: Are you considering the same tactic as I?
    O'Neill: Teal'c, the cliché is "are you thinking what I'm thinking". And the answer is "yes".

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Arctantica
    Posts
    225

    Default

    ipbfree.com It's a better host than Invisionfree. Trust me.
    Postcount +1

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •