Thread: Unintended (PG-13, egoshipping)

Default Unintended (PG-13, egoshipping)

As you know, this forum is almost all advanceshipping and contestshipping with the occasional pokeshipping fic, but nothing else really. I got sick of this so I decided to write a fic about an unconventional ship; Misty and Gary. If you hate the couple or whatever then don't read and don't rate it 1 star simply because you loathe them. If you like them however and are sick of all the May/Ash, May/Drew, and occasional Misty/Ash then read on and enjoy. Constructive crit welcome

Misty
    I stared at the phone. It was challenging me. Trying to force me to call him. Telling me to get up out of bed and tell him how sorry I am. Comforters covered me, wrapping me in a comforting cocoon. A box of half eaten chocolate lay beside me. My comfort. The TV blared Lifetime movies about betrayed women. My red hair was tangled and greasy, and I was wearing my frayed flannel nightgown.

I couldn’t will myself to call him. I couldn’t just forget about him either though; it was after all my fault that things ended up the way they did. What I had done to him was horrible. A part of me wanted to tell him how incredibly sorry I was, how what I did was wrong. To tell him that I loved him and I never meant to hurt him. But I couldn’t. He would never be able to forgive me. So I was stuck the way I am now.

Lying in bed crying, my face stiff from tears, slowly rotting. I deserved it. I never should have used him just to get back at Ash. But at the time I couldn’t see him for what he really was, and I never could have thought I would come to love him the way I do now….

6 Months Prior
    Tears of anger and sorrow poured down my face. I saw Ash holding the little tramp with the lilac hair. He had his arms wrapped around her, and she was staring at him with ****tish crystal blue eyes.

It was clear what he had been doing all these days when he said he was off training. He told me he was doubling his training regiment so he could prepare to take on the Indigo League again, and this time try to come out on top. I had blindly believed him for a while until I found his clothes smelling of a perfume that wasn’t mine. I had tracked him down, and now saw him with this girl.

How dare he propose to me, promise me he would marry me and stay with me forever, and run off with some other girl behind my back? I couldn’t bear to watch any longer. I stormed back to our apartment, sputtering with rage.

There I saw all the pictures of him and I. We had stayed friends for a long time, then more then that. We had been so happy together. Everyone said we were the perfect couple; that we were destined to be together. No one was surprised when he finally asked me to marry him. I had been overjoyed, showing the ring to everyone I met.

And now he went and betrayed me with some nympho! He threw me away. What made it worse is that he did it behind my back, as if I wasn’t important enough to dump to my face. Hot tears of shame and betrayal burned in my eyes, blurring my vision.

The one person I thought I could always trust had turned on me, and nothing could hurt worse. I thought Ash had loved me. I thought we had something I would never be able to find with anyone else. I thought it was for good.
    All the aspirations I had shared for our relationship over the past two years were dying, and I watched them vanish before my eyes. My life with him had slipped away, and it wouldn’t come back unless I accepted him.

I refused to give up my will though. I knew one thing for sure. I wasn’t going to marry him now and sacrifice all the dignity I had worked for my whole life, fighting my status as the family misfit to become a confident woman.

With a strangled sob I pulled off my diamond ring and threw it down on the table. I ran out the door and decided I never wanted to see Ash Ketchum again.

I have a habit of often turning my sorrow into rage, so I was overflowing with fury. All I could think was how dare him.

I rented my own cheap apartment as a temporary measure. I didn’t want to have to face my sisters and tell them that my fiancée had betrayed me with another woman. I knew they would taunt me, pretend to sympathize but in the end they would just be laughing inside. I had to face this on my own.

I was full of a taste for revenge. In a sense, I wanted Ash to take me back, but I covered that feeling with spite. I wanted to let him know how it felt.

I came up with a brilliant thought one day. I would go off with the one person he would never want me to end up with. Sensing the potency of this strategy, I kept my thoughts going. I would find his biggest rival and charm them. After all, I knew how to turn on the appeal when it was needed. I would score a date, then a relationship. As a form of revenge I would then show it to Ash, and have him beg for me back.

I knew who I would pick too. Someone who Ash hadn’t seen in years, but who would still impact him in a big way. The biggest rival he had ever faced. If I got together with this guy, I would bring Ash to his knees. For the first time since I found out I was done with Ash, I smiled. I could make him beg my forgiveness this way. Have him feel what I felt. And all it would take is a simple visit. I picked up the directory, and looked under Pallet Town. I turned to the page I was looking for: Professor Gary Oak.

Gary

“Growth rate in the past month with protein: 1.5 times power….without protein no visible strength improvement…”

I squinted at my research table. I had been working since 3 AM on the value of supplements for Pokemon. A heard of Tauros served as my subjects.

I yawned deeply. Analyzing the research was exhausting, but it was what I had put myself in for the instant I decided to become a Professor.

My grandfather tells me I work too hard; spend too much time on my research. He says I need to find a life outside of studying. I can’t just go easy on it though.

My whole life I’ve poured myself into things that I’ve been dedicated to. It was once training and now research and both were my life. I refused to slack off and go out to have fun. It showed a lack of work ethic, and I could never be the best if I tried to go with friends.

After all, my life was focused around being the best at everything I tried, and if that meant sacrifices then so be it.

I yawned again, this time wider. I pinched my arm to keep myself awake and went back to the data table. After all, I’m ahead of Birch, Ivy and Elm and I have to work to keep it that way. Work came first, I came second.

“The protein seemed to have a positive affect on the attack power of the Tauros…”

The door to my lab swung open, and bright afternoon sunlight poured in. spots appeared in front of my eyes and they began to water. I closed them, and when they reopened I saw a pretty red haired woman standing at my door. She was wearing a powder blue tank top and a white skirt. I thought I recognized her from somewhere.

“Hello?” she asked in a high voice. “Is Professor Oak in here?”

She stepped a little bit closer and revealed blue-green eyes. I finally recognized her. She was one of Ashes old friends, and from what I had heard his fiancée. What was she doing here?

“Wait a minute; you’re the girl who traveled with Ash.

What are you doing at my lab?” I blurted out.

Her skin flared up for a moment, but she put a smile on. “I’m here to see what you’ve been up to Gary. Is that so wrong?”

She grinned disarmingly. She had grown up into a lovely woman, just like her sisters had been. I couldn’t help but be impressed for a moment until I remembered the kind of guy she associated with.

“Where’s Ashy-Boy” I said suspiciously, subconsciously bringing out my old nickname for him. Her face flickered, and for a moment I thought she would lose sight of her cheerful mask.

“I don’t know” she said with disguised distaste.

I smirked slightly. I knew what this was leading to. She was putting on the charm, and if anyone knew how to counter false cheer it was me.

“Something tells me you’re not telling the truth about not knowing where he is. Did Ashy Boy do anything bad lately by any chance?”

Her face darkened. “No, I haven’t spoken to him” she said in a strained voice.

“That’s funny. I heard about him recently from my grandfather. Grandpa said that you and he were engaged coincidentally. Now why would you pretend not to know your fiancée? Seems awfully odd to me.”

“I think your grandfather was misinformed” she said, talking through her teeth now. Her friendly grin had transformed into a forced grimace. Her eyes blazed.

“Well, I guess grandpa must be wrong” I said silkily. “Too bad he heard it from Ashes mother herself” I said, feigning surprise.

Her smile vanished from her face. Red spots appeared on her cheeks from anger.

“So what happened sweetie? Did Ash do something bad? Did he hurt you?”

This was the last straw for her. She exploded on me; her teal eyes blazing with fury. Her old temper that I faintly remembered came back with a vengeance.

“GARY OAK YOU LISTEN RIGHT HERE! I KNOW I HOOKED UP WITH ASH AND I KNOW YOU THINK THAT MAKES ME A FOOL BUT IT DOESN’T! I’M JUST AS GOOD AS YOU, AND I’M CERTAINLY SMARTER THEN YOU THINK I AM! YOU THINK THAT I DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU WERE TRYING TO DO, BUT I UNDERSTAND COMPLETELY. NOW I SUGGEST NEXT TIME A LADY COMES TO VISIT YOU, YOU DON’T ACT LIKE A TOTAL JACKASS TO HER. BUT THIS ADVICE IS POINTLESS NOW BECAUSE YOU’RE NEVER GOING TO BE CALLED ON BY A WOMAN LIKE ME AGAIN! AND IF YOU DON’T STOP WITH THIS ATTITUDE YOU’LL NEVER GET A WOMAN OF ANY KIND! SO UNLESS YOU WANT TO STAY LOCKED UP IN THIS LAB WITH YOUR ONLY COMPANY BEING YOUR RESEARCH AND YOUR RIGHT HAND, I WOULD SUGGEST RECONSIDERING YOUR ATTITUDE. GOOD DAY PROFESSOR!”

She stormed out of my lab and slammed the door as hard as she could behind her. My jaw dropped. Had she just yelled at me? I played the same kind of games with her that I played with everyone, but she actually dared to blow up on me.

I was shocked. No one did that to Gary Oak; particularly not some woman I barely know. I was furious, but I also felt another emotion I found hard to trace. It seemed like respect, but I could never respect someone who dared to go against me like that.

I tried to go back to my research but I couldn’t get her off of my mind. My anger towards her was melting and shaping itself into a new feeling; a feeling that was hard to place. I went to my room and stared at the ceiling for a while. Perhaps I could forget about the whole incident if I just had some time to unwind.

I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t shake the thought of her; and my fascination with the guts she had displayed overcame me. Only half thinking, I picked up the phone and dialed operator. I got her number.

The phone rang once, twice, three times. She finally picked up.

“Hello?” she said, maddeningly unfazed from earlier. I began to sweat.

“Uh this is Gary Oak. Before you hang up on me, I was wondering if you happened to be free on Friday night by any chance…”
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

jinxie Guest

yayyy! egoshipping. Mmm. This is good. It's well written and the plot seems pretty good. I like it's nongenericness. I do hope you make another update soon. This is guhreat

Ooh yay reply. I won't be expecting many of them since egoshippings not that popular, but oh well its good I got one

jinxie Guest

it takes a while
    but this deserves more recognition than it gets
    I hope you continue to update even with the lack of reviews

Wow am I lazy. I've got one out of what will probably be 6 pages in the next chapter done. Don't worry, I'll force myself to finish before the week is out

Shadowcat Guest

Nah. Take your time in writing the fic.

Now, I love Egoshipping. God, almost everyone knows that...

Okay, a few grammar and spelling errors here and there. And some punctuation mistakes too. But not that many mistakes and the Fan Fic is pretty good. Take your time in writing the next chapter... And, I noticed the whole first Chapter's in First Person's POV. Why?

But still, take your time in writing the next chapter. And have fun with writing!

I'm alternating with first person POVs. Inbetween Misty and Gary that is. It just sort wrote itself that way. EDIT: I'm a good girl, I should be done soon
    Last edited by intergalactic platypus; 9th January 2006 at 9:56 PM.

I really like your story so far, I never thought I'd find an all egoshiiping fic but It's cool, a change from all the pokeshipping and advanceshipping fics out there, Well i hope to see more of this cuz it's great so far, good job!!!!
    twins with: Uza-chan | paired with: Staryu
    pkmn trainer Light → 1 badge. 3 [oshawott, pansear, munna]. nacrene city ♥