Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Queen of the Serpentine! (435)

Grovyle has battled a brain, Greta...and lost...

Interesting episode but, as many have already said, why was Pikachu the main focus of the battle? They could have at least made Seviper take it out and then have Donphan finish it off, would have made for a much better and more unique battle.

WTF!

I feel like vomiting, swallowing my vomit, and then vomiting again once it is digested.

Seriously I've lost all faith in the anime. I'm mad now because how can Lucy blush so much. Those stupid writers made me lose respect they've ruined a good character. Pfft hardly any battle, and Pika takes the win yet again.
    Last edited by Kabuto; 6th January 2006 at 8:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieursa
    It was very predictable the combat: Seviper vs. Donphan (Donphan wins because Ground beats Poison). Milotic vs. Donphan (Milotic wins because Water beats Ground). Milotic vs. Pikachu (Pikachu wins because Electric beats Water). Besides, knowing Pikachu the mighty Volt Tackle, it was impossible that he lost. (And I was sure that he would use it in the battle).
    True enough, but I was impressed with the various strategies Azami/Lucy employed to try to counter those weaknesses. And it was certainly well trained, not being beaten even by Donphan's Hyper Beam and taking several hits before going down. Donphan too performed well.

I'd say that the Donphan vs. Seviper battle was the better of the two simply because it was more unique and seemed pretty fast-paced. And Donphan's Rollout-O-Flame was awesome.

Still, I loved the way they had Milotic use Facade and the way it got beaten by Pikachu (much better than the odd eighth gym battle where Pikachu somehow forces Milotic underwater, when I see the episode maybe it will make more sense). Incidentally, Milotic's ability raises its defense if it has a status condition (as it did when Pikachu apparently paralyzes it) while Facade is twice as strong if the Pokemon has a status condition, so Lucy basically can make a poisoned, burned or paralyzed Milotic even stronger than before.

Though Milotic again suffers from having most of its body hidden for most of the battle. It needs some well animated scenes of it on land like Gyarados got in the first movie.

+ Something curious: Do you remember when Donphan is wrapped in flames?. Even afire, he was able to defeat Seviper. Do you think that attack could be a Flame Wheel?. For me, it has the whole look. It would be amazing if Donphan would know that attack, isn't it?. He would have an advantage against Ice and Grass Pokemon.
    Well in the games Donphan has a extremely low Special Attack stat so a Fire attack would do it little good. Besides, it learns some Rock attacks for Ice types.

As for the anime this looked to me to simply be another of those wonderful improvised moves. Ash relied on Donphan's high defenses (which in the anime are for special and non special attacks) to enable it to last long enough in the flames to use them against Seviper. Thus we get a Rollout combiend with Flamethrower.

+ I don't know, but the possibility about a love's story between Lucy and Brock give me the creeps. Did you notice the Pokemon that she has in her home?: Snorlax, Makurita, Abra, Cyndaquill, Skitty and Swinub. And do you know that all have in common?: The same Brock's face!!!.
    Indeed! It was great and makes me hope they never put Brock with anyone else so fans can always imagine him coming back to Lucy one day. He did actually seem to still be infatuated with her even when they were on the boat leaving. I mean Brock fans have had few viable choices ever since Suzie hooked up with that Ninetales trainer, and now low and behold comes Lucy with her slit-eyed fetish. She's even fairly local.

And was that thing Lucy kept throwing a plastic flower with a Seviper on it or a pinwheel with Seviper on it?

I feel like vomiting, swallowing my vomit, and then vomiting again once it is digested.

Seriously I've lost all faith in the anime. I'm mad now because how can Lucy blush so much. Those stupid writers made me lose respect. Pfft hardly any battle, and Pika takes the win yet again.
    So giving a Brain a bit more character than in the games is wrong? I think its fine that they didn't make Lucy some cold, aloof person and nothing more. Everybody has their soft spots and for Lucy its things with Brock-eyes. There's certainly nothing in the game to disprove that. The trouble is fans making their own assumptions about game characters who have very little revealed about them in the games.

And seriously, Pikachu learning Volt Tackle meant it would be used for some major victories. You should be glad that Pikachu has played such a small role in most of the Brain battles.

As for myself I don't know how long the battles were, can't tell from screenshots, but I think its better to have short battles with both Pokemon doing a lot of damage and skillful techniques than long battles that don't. This episode certainly seemed to have the former. A bad battle would have had Seviper get beaten by that Hyper Beam, not surviving it and coming back for more hits.

Personally I see no reason to complain about this episode except to say it deserved better animation (though the animation at least doesn't seem to be the worst available).
    Last edited by Pokemon Fan; 6th January 2006 at 8:14 PM.

The pictures were awesome! And I wish Lucy would've gone with Brock. It'd be interesting to have her around for a while and then after the Battle Frontier, Brock and Lucy would go off on their own adventure.

Credit to V Faction

Visit my Site!

http://www.auraguardians.net/

NOTE: The site is not up yet so the link will not work.

I don't know how you people can actually enjoy Lucy's character brutally mutilated like that. Well, I've said all I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by seizureman
    I don't know how you people can actually enjoy Lucy's character brutally mutilated like that. Well, I've said all I have to say.
    It was hardly 'brutally mutilated', as you so put it. She was still a pretty reserved woman and just seemed to want to get on with things, just like her game counterpart. Its not like she was acting like a total goofball and drooling over Brock every single second.

Quote Originally Posted by seizureman
    WTF!

Seriously I've lost all faith in the anime. I'm mad now because how can Lucy blush so much. Those stupid writers made me lose respect they've ruined a good character. Pfft hardly any battle, and Pika takes the win yet again.
    Christ, at least TRY to be original when complaining.

"I've lost all faith"; "made me lose respect". Guess what? They don't care! And neither do we. So hush up. You're going to watch the next episode anyway, Mister "Non-believer"...

-------------------

Quite an episode. This may be the first time I've actually been more surprised and fond of the situations surrounding the main battle event than the fight itself. ...Nah! But still. I never would have though that they'd make Jessie dress up as Lucy (Jame perhaps). I also wasn't anticipating Seviper vs. Seviper. Cool acts like that aren't common around here. And the Brock/Lucy 'shipping'... way to go Brock-o. His relationships should play out more like that.

The battle was.. erhm... Well, it wasn't worth a two week wait I can tell you that. Such an odd sequence. Yeah, having Pikachu be the hero was unpleasant enough, but Seviper didn't even nab Finisher. Not exactly a sensible placement.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    Indeed! It was great and makes me hope they never put Brock with anyone else so fans can always imagine him coming back to Lucy one day. He did actually seem to still be infatuated with her even when they were on the boat leaving. I mean Brock fans have had few viable choices ever since Suzie hooked up with that Ninetales trainer, and now low and behold comes Lucy with her slit-eyed fetish. She's even fairly local.
    Heh, I wonder if a Brock x Lucy ship was named yet. She actually seems like a good choice for him, since we know he's only going to get rejected by almost every other girl he tries to get.

And Lucy being in Kanto IS good for Brock.

All I can say is that I'm liking donphan a whole Hell of a lot! It's use of seviper's flamethrower to have a "flaming rollout" attack was awesome.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

It should have been Donphan vs. Seviper for the win and longer as others have said. Donphan is the new guy on the team and really needed to prove himself. Granted he showed he could kick snake butt but it would have been better if he clinched the win.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

I propose Squint Shipping. XD

So, was Eevee or Lucy added to the Opening?

And, btw, did anyone else think the Green haired assistant, was, well a little off looking?

EDIT: Just noticed Dunsparce has squint eyes, yet didn't appear. Thought it funny since alot of people wanna see one appear.
    Last edited by Korobooshi Kojiro; 6th January 2006 at 9:07 PM.

+ I don't know, but the possibility about a love's story between Lucy and Brock give me the creeps. Did you notice the Pokemon that she has in her home?: Snorlax, Makurita, Abra, Cyndaquill, Skitty and Swinub. And do you know that all have in common?: The same Brock's face!!!.

So, what do you think?.
    Wow good eyes. All of them have the same sort of eyes like Brock. I guess that explains why she kept blushing. Yet here we have people angry because she likes Brock. It isn't her fault, it was a coincidence Brock had the same sort of eyes she likes.

I'd assume Pikeshipping if you'd actually want to make shipping stories with Lucy >__>. I am glad Lucy likes Brock because he relates to her Pokemon and not some other reason. I suppose I'll tolerate it. And yes, Dunsparce needed to appear. But no point in complaining because the writers don't even remember that Dunsparce exists.

Any special rule for this battle like in prevous facilities??

So basically, they turned Azami into Sakaki? (Azumanga Daioh) The tough, cool-headed girl with the secret cute lovey side? Thats.....kinda cool

I haven't watched the episode yet, or even seen the pictures, but it sounds like a decent enough episode.
    .:Team Leaf:.

Sprites by Pokesho, Zerudez, MisterReno & RedRooster

Quote Originally Posted by Andyhaunt
    Any special rule for this battle like in prevous facilities??
    No, and that's a good point to bring up. Being preoccupied with the whole Pikeshipping, I did not realize that we weren't treated to the traditional Pike Walk-Through like in the game.

Reason for such a passive reaction has to do with how they've treated past BF Facilities. So even the Pike was not safe from being turned into another generic gymansium battle.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Now that was a good episode! I tell ya, I hated Azami until I saw the preview to this episode. She nearly had me biting off my tongue and it didn't help with those hawt-as-heck girls that seemed to worship her *whistles*
    My thoughts
    Aw! Azami has a crushie on Takeshi! *_* despite I ship Brock and Suzie strictly, I'd say what the heck and just try it. Plus, who says Brock cant be in a relationship with two girls! ^_~
    First time I was truly mad at Max. I wanted to rip his head off when he pulled Brock away from Azami. Doesn't he see AZAMI BLUSHING?! Or is love too dense for a kid like him to understand.
    Hearing the 8th season song during the Pokemon immediately was followed by a "What the hell?!" Seriously, I wish 4kids would play more of their openings during gym or big battles like the Orange island episode Charizard Chills.
    I'm dumb. I did not see Jessie dressed as Azami coming AT ALL.
    May's Eevee is cute
    Well that wraps it up fer mee! Cya around!
    ps: gotta take some screenshots, fyi I get them 4x the size of the ones on Serebii but that's cuz I capture them myself
    heheheheh

I really enjoyed this episode. Only a few downsides though. The battle part wasnt exactly interesting especially with Pikachu using the same moves over and over and Donphan using the same move over and over. Also although the other facilities havent had a noticeable feature that makes them stand out from the other ones at least there was one. The Factory you could choose what pokemon you wanted to face and the battle dome was stadium style with an audience and it was a double battle something that dont happen in kanto. The last thing I didnt like was that Max pulled Brock's ear when he was almost going to stay with Lucy. I hope that the writers do something more with LucyxBrock stuff.
    I liked that Seviper style flower that lucy had. I was also happy that the writers at least tried to do everything that people wanted. Although they should've just had a 2 parter instead of cramming everything in. I also name lucyXBrock shipping as Lucky shipping.
    Last edited by ghost master; 6th January 2006 at 10:38 PM.

heavybassx Guest

This is the one time I want to strangle Max!!! >!!!

Blaziken master Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    I propose Squint Shipping. XD

So, was Eevee or Lucy added to the Opening?

And, btw, did anyone else think the Green haired assistant, was, well a little off looking?

EDIT: Just noticed Dunsparce has squint eyes, yet didn't appear. Thought it funny since alot of people wanna see one appear.
    Eevee appears in the part at the start, but not when May runs past her rivals.Lucy hasn't appeared in the intro yet, but she will come soon.

The episode itself was pretty good, Lucy was drawn well{Soo hot!}, Nice to see a kickass seviper in action,donphan kicked butt and some pretty good music{I heard a lyricless LOVELY from destiny deoxys in there}

I know this is way too much to ask of the writers, but giving Lucy a second episode now has some huge potential. After the Battle Dome, this match had one hell of a lot to live up to, which is why it may have disappointed. The only thing that really bugged me was Milotic, who we've seen enough of. You know what would have been really interesting? A fight against an uber Shuckle dependant on its extreme defense (When was thelast time we saw Shuckle, anyways? Much less one battle?). Meh, at least we finally got a real Seviper battle.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I guess the whole Lucy getting a crush on Brock was kinda cute...

I was more impressed with Donphan's flaming rollout though...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

That Brock/Lucy shipping has another supporter. It was the greatest part of this episode.
    I cracked up as "Yume miru Lovely Boy" started playing when Lucy blushed over Brock for the second time.

Well, anyway. The whole Team Rocket scene was interesting attempt, but in my opinion it was obvious that the people producing this ep were in a hurry. Jessie in Lucy disguise looked funny, but that's it. This whole "We have to confiscate this Pikachu to recharge it" excuse was so damn lame, especially since the cage they put it in looked exactly like all the other TR traps Pikachu had been caught in in the past.

It makes me sad to see how inconsistent they make Ash's character (in "Do I hear a Ralts?", he dexes Meowth-in-disguise to blow his cover, yet in almost even more obvious cases like this one, he's a blockhead and doesn't notice anything?). Stop it, writers. You make Sushi cry.

*sigh* Ahem, but anyway. Lucy is cool. She did look pretty actually, only several shots where she directly faced the camera showed that the animators had some trouble with her eyes.
    ...Though I really wish Izumi Shimura's artworks would come back to standards ŕ la "Holy Matrimony!" way back in Kanto. She had a great art-style back then :/ Meh. I guess those people have a lot of pressure with this 'new-episode-every-week' thing. [/random]
    Lucy had a really good voice too may I add. And I loved that little Seviper-'windmill' she had. Her strategy of using only offensive attacks without any defense was pretty impressive, too.

And Ibara, her blond assistant, was really funny. It was hilarious when she slapped her forehead and threw a fit about Ash's dimwitted-ness. She had a cool voice, too.

Almost forgot to comment on the battles <.< Well, Donphan vs. Seviper was good, it had much better music than Milotic vs. Pikachu in my opinion (Symphonic Medley was an odd choice for battle music...Though I shouldn't complain, since for one thing, Battle Frontier wasn't played and SM isn't used that often). Nothing's better than the Regi music =D

Lucy deserved another episode, but so did Greta and Tucker. Lucy/Brock and the squinty-eyed thing was the only well thought-out and original thing about this episode, but the battles weren't that bad either. And I wasn't expecting this ep to top the Battle Dome anyway.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

You know, I hate Brock x Lucy simply on the principal that it's one of those pairings that has hints in one episode, but will never amount to anything. Lucy probably won't appear again, let's face it. But it'll probably be fawned over here like it's the greatest thing ever to hit Pokemon, and another pairing for certain shippers to use to use to keep a character away from a few certain characters. (Tracey dumped with Daisy, May dumped with Shuu, Brock dumped with Lucy, etc. etc.) That may sound a little mean, but after not being paid for the 4th week in a row, I really couldn't care about being rational.

Speaking of which, can we all decide on a name for it, instead of all these random names that seem to be popping up? And no, 'oddrockshipping' is not a choice. Something decent please.

I was going to suggest Phallicshipping, but whatever. (Lucy = Loves phallic Pokemon, Brock = had an Onix, and other 'rock hard' Pokemon.)

Okay, since I'm in a ratty mood, I'll moan a little.

I'm getting pretty sick of Pikachu's Volt Tackle, for one. At first it was cool, but everytime I read a summery of an episode, I read the words '...and Pikachu blasted them off/defeated _____ with a Volt Tackle'. Sure, it's better than the same old Iron Tail/Thunderbolt, but it's in like... EVERY EPISODE. Should be a finisher, in my opinion. Or something with actual negative results: Pikachu actually being hurt after using it.

Jessie as Lucy = predictable. James as Lucy would have been better imo.

Bleh.

*snugges in corner waiting for the Harley episode* :<
    Last edited by Alfonso; 6th January 2006 at 11:27 PM.

My God, I never thought I'd see the day...

It's Beauty and the Breeder!

I could see this happening...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast