Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Queen of the Serpentine! (435)

Let me just say that Lucy's voice actor was magnificient, it seemed to fit her perfectly. Confident and sexy, with just a hint of kindness too.

As for the other characters, I must note that Brock's voice actor has improved immensely since the 10th anniversary special, as have the others. I love the tones and inflections he uses and think he brings out Brock's zany side in ways that even Eric Stuart didn't (no offense to him of course).

Indeed, the only main character voice I have any problem with these days is Ash's. This is simply because the voice actor seems to put so little emotion into the voice, and with a character like Ash this is really noticeable.
    Last edited by Pokemon Fan; 25th October 2006 at 3:53 PM.
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan View Post
    Let me just say that Lucy's voice acotr was magnificient, it seemed to fit her perfectly. Confident and sexy, with just a hint of kindness too.

As for the other characters, I must note that Brock's voice actor has improved immensely since the 10th anniversary special, as have the others. I love the tones and inflections he uses and think he brings out Brock's zany side in ways that even Eric Stuart didn't (no offense to him of course).

Indeed, the only main character voice I have any problem with these days is Ash's. This is simply because the voice actor seems to put so little emotion into the voice, and with a character like Ash this is really noticeable.
    I agree, for some reason Ash's voice sounded a little too deep in this episode O.o (and yes, I know about the new VAs
    5/9/08: Chapter 6 of Fable is posted !

Vampiric pokémorphs and the Nurse Joy who must love them.

I love Lucy's voice. It was exactly as I imagined.

Now the episode was pretty cool for the most part. I did like the battle (not as much as Tucker's but good none-the-less). Now I wasn't too thrilled seeing Lucy being such a blushing school girl and I saw this in both versions (Eng/Jap). But I still seem confident that Lucy will become a raging lesbian in the years to come. Oops, sorry about that! Oh yeah, I have to ask, Lucy's henchmen...Well one of them Barbra, is she REALLY Lucy's sister even in the Japanese version? I never really caught that and I would just like to know.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Quote Originally Posted by Medea View Post
    I love Lucy's voice. It was exactly as I imagined.

Now the episode was pretty cool for the most part. I did like the battle (not as much as Tucker's but good none-the-less). Now I wasn't too thrilled seeing Lucy being such a blushing school girl and I saw this in both versions (Eng/Jap). But I still seem confident that Lucy will become a raging lesbian in the years to come. Oops, sorry about that! Oh yeah, I have to ask, Lucy's henchmen...Well one of them Barbra, is she REALLY Lucy's sister even in the Japanese version? I never really caught that and I would just like to know.
    Actually, I liked that for once a character was not stereotyped like that based on looks and voice. She can be, tall, tough voiced and still like guys, sheesh :P.
    Anyhow, most likely not, but famous people in the real world have fans that wish they were their sister, so it doesn’t really matter.
    5/9/08: Chapter 6 of Fable is posted !

Vampiric pokémorphs and the Nurse Joy who must love them.

This episode was executed well

- Lucy's Pkmn are AWESOME

- VA's were good except Ash's

- Nice how all of Lucy's Pkmn had squinty eyes at the end =D

- Seviper getting KOed by another Seviper was nice

- Made me notice that Donaphan has a terrible moveset

Overall I liked it (Ash's VA didn't help).
    [IMG]http://i14.*******.com/44lsfab.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i13.*******.com/4i1mpfl.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i13.*******.com/3483dqs.png[/IMG]

Spoiler:- friends:

PM me to be friends

When I first saw this ep when it was released in Japanese, I was fully expecting Earthquake from Donphan. We know that it can use the move, since it did as a Phanpy in the Silver Conference. But I then realized that it may not have been as effective on this particular field, since it was half water.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I don't know about that. I think that Donphan could have still utilised the move, despite the apparant hiderence of the field being half of two completely different settings. Perhaps using the shockwaves from the quake to cause the water to crash around wildly, possibly as a way of distorting Milotic and putting it off balance? Maybe even using this as a method of drawing the pokémon out of the water completely?

I liked this episode. It's about time soneone liked Brock back. As for Ash's battle, I wished it could've been Pikachu vs. Milotic, Pikachu vs. Seviper, and then Seviepr vs. Donphan...but oh well. As for Donphan using Earthquake...I was wondering if that Barboach episode way back had anything to do with the lack of using Earthquake....well just a thought.

I don't know about that. I think that Donphan could have still utilised the move, despite the apparant hiderence of the field being half of two completely different settings. Perhaps using the shockwaves from the quake to cause the water to crash around wildly, possibly as a way of distorting Milotic and putting it off balance? Maybe even using this as a method of drawing the pokémon out of the water completely?
    You guys forget the infamous Team Rocket battle in the first episode of the Lugia 3-Parter....

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
    You guys forget the infamous Team Rocket battle in the first episode of the Lugia 3-Parter....
    It was a saga that had Richie onscreen about 90% of the time. You'll have to forgive me for forgetting about it :P

For curiousity's sake however; what exactly did happen? ^^;

Bayleaf, Pupitar, Houndour, and Hitmotop battling over water perfectly for about 5 minutes without even touching the ground.

Consider that an anomaly.

I WAS WONDERING WAT FACADE WAS!!! i was like wat the heck is she saying i never heard that move b4..... but i like it if you pronounce it Fay-Kade

Name: Bryan
    Friend Code : 1263 6261 1934

No. It was originally a French word, but is commonly used in English, like the word rendez-vous. They pronounced it correctly in the episode.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/facade

Wow, Lucy's really cool. I noticed her snake eyes.

But I have to say, that this was Team Rocket's worst disguise in ages. I've been watching this cartoony thing on YouTube for a while that pokes fun at the Pokemon episodes and in them it usually shows Ash handing over Pikachu to Team Rocket looking exactly as they usually do, with the only difference being that they wore sunglasses and they asked if they could borrow his Pikachu because they needed him for a moment. I always thought that this cartoony thing was just an exaggeration...but that is exactly what happened in this episode! He just handed Pikachu over to Team Rocket wearing sunglasses because they needed to see Pikachu! It amazes me that Ash can be so smart in battles, yet he can't remember a group of people he's known for about 10 years now.

But the battle was good, so that made up for it...

The fact that Lucy shows feelings for Brock is definitely the highlight of this episode. It's debatable whether her feelings for Brock is true or if she just has a thing for the seemingly-eyeless crowd, but either way I found it really sweet. I think Lucy's feelings for Brock could be a combination of both, because she was consistently blushing. Plus, that part where she held her hands after Brock was pulled away was telling. Good stuff, I love these rare reciprocal episodes. I felt bad that Max kept pulling Brock away. Luckily, I like Max, so I could forgive him.

The romance kind of overshadowed the episode, but the battle was pretty good. Donphan did a good job against Seviper. I wish they would have done more with the two sevipers, since we rarely see more than one of a Team Rocket pokemon in an episode, but otherwise it was good. Oh, and Barbara was REALLY annoying.

Overall, 9.5/10, taken down slightly because of all the ear-pulling and Barbara.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/04 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

This episode was nice. I sort of wished Lucy would I falled for Brock. Then he could finally get a life.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    But I have to say, that this was Team Rocket's worst disguise in ages. I've been watching this cartoony thing on YouTube for a while that pokes fun at the Pokemon episodes and in them it usually shows Ash handing over Pikachu to Team Rocket looking exactly as they usually do, with the only difference being that they wore sunglasses and they asked if they could borrow his Pikachu because they needed him for a moment. I always thought that this cartoony thing was just an exaggeration...but that is exactly what happened in this episode! He just handed Pikachu over to Team Rocket wearing sunglasses because they needed to see Pikachu! It amazes me that Ash can be so smart in battles, yet he can't remember a group of people he's known for about 10 years now.
    If you think these disguises were bad, just wait until     Spoiler:- Team Rocket's WORST disguise:

This is quite an enjoyable episode though. I'm totally loving all the Brain Battles and the new VAs just keep getting better. Although Taj and PUSA could stand to keep at least a bit more of the Japanese music more often...

What did Jessie say when she got blasted off? Whatever she said, it was too quick.

This Suxs i can't watch this episode because the person who posts them all on YouTube has made them private over night. Whats the point of doing that now we can't watch them without being your friend? Dam it i have been waiting for this ep for ages.

Unprivate them!!!

I want to see a real Serviper in battle!
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

TF?! At the end Ash was all like "Oookay".

-Judai

I watched this jap version of this one! great episode, but TR had a lame diguise, and seviper apeared to much(zangoose all the way! XD). However, I love how they have Lucy fall for Brock, and the part where she looks at him walk away in the sunset with the rest of the crew is really cute <3.

-J

PS: Does anyone know where I can see the dub? There's no cartoon network in canada, and whenever I watch it on youtube it tells me it's a privite vid and I must fufil the users friend request. PM me if so!
    HeartGoldSoulSilver
    OCTILLERY / JUMPLUFF

Damn Lucy and her seemingly no eyes fetish! =P

-Judai

Nice episode, whoever voiced Lucy made her hawt actually.

The Gym - Brock is an incompetent gym leader. Hilarity ensues.

Having finally seen this episode in English, I realized that for how wonderful this episode was, that has got to be the worst battle. "The battlefield is partially water, so I have to choose a Water Pokemon... blah blah blah." Seconds later. "Go Donphan!" Honestly, it's not like he has many Water Pokemon to choose from AND the fact that he chose Donphan directly after is bleh x_x. Finally got to see that the move was Take Down. And I despise the Milotic/Pikachu battle even more now. It's one thing to totally pull a strategy out of your tailhole. As long as it makes sense, I don't care. But 'LOL USE THUNDRBOLT ON URSELF!!!111one" is like... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Maybe I'm just bitter than my signature Pokemon was defeated by that dumb rat. Oh well, at least Anabel has a nice surprise for it.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast