Atlas Beetle
    Elephant Beetle
    Goliath Beetle
    Longhorn Beetle
    Lantern Fly
    Oak Silk Moth

And on the ground:

Tarantulas.

Anyone have any tips to catch them? I wish you could sneak like in the GCN animal crossing. Every time I get near a tree they vanish. I also have plenty of palm trees. Also, any tips to make the bugs apaear? Like if you go inside a house, will it randomize what bugs show up?

LX
    I currently don't have any tips on the tarantula, seeing as I have not seen on before. I do have tips on anything on a tree:

1. You are minding your own buisness when suddenly you see a bug on a tree.
    2. Take out your net
    3. Get somewhat at an angle to the tree, about 5 holes away
    4. Approach bug slowly and press A while walking to net bug before it flies
    5. NEVER RUN-it will get away most of the time.
    If you have ever put a "put this in your sig if.." in your sig, put this in your sig. (Started by ChaosKid)

Out of pure uncreativity, that is the only thing in my sig.

Remember, tree bugs will always be on the same position on the trunk. Practice getting the trunk just right with your net for a bit and soon you'll reel in the tree bugs.

If you have trouble with running about normally and coming across a bug, just move slowly though dense tree areas.

And as ChaosKid said never run when hunting, you move suprisingly fast on this game when walking, compared with the GC version.

Paired with Fighting_Master back in the day

My beloved Shiny Oddish!
    By
    Yoru Ryu, of course.

my way catching tree bugs is if you see an insect go about 5 spaces away from the tree then jsut tap the d-pad to move it moves really slow then when your really close swish your net and you got your self an insect

Hey, I have some tips for tarantula hunting; I caught my first one myself last night:
    1-They can see you; stay out of their sight (you can see the eye on their bodies). Rocks , houses, trees can be used as cover.
    2-Never run. If yourun in the direction of one, it will jump (really) and bite you, and send you home.
    3-They sometimes flee from you if you accidentaly step on them. Thats what let me catch mine.
    4-They make a strange noise whem walking. A ''spider walking" noise.

I got this by many failures at catching tarantulas.

And for tree bugs, they wont flee if youre 1-2 spaces away from the tree. And while going slowly, you can nearly (and I say nearly) brush up against the tree. I know this because of a strange land configuration in my town:

wxxxw
    wxTxw
    wxxxw
    wwww

w: water
    x: Land
    T: Tree

I claim Nodoka from Negima as my bishie!

I HAVE NEVER SEEN A SHINY IN ANY OF MY GAMES WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

This is the most reliable star wars info site-Its the star wars section of wikipedia

I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar

Quote Originally Posted by William12123
    Hey, I have some tips for tarantula hunting; I caught my first one myself last night:
    1-They can see you; stay out of their sight (you can see the eye on their bodies). Rocks , houses, trees can be used as cover.
    2-Never run. If yourun in the direction of one, it will jump (really) and bite you, and send you home.
    3-They sometimes flee from you if you accidentaly step on them. Thats what let me catch mine.
    4-They make a strange noise whem walking. A ''spider walking" noise.

I got this by many failures at catching tarantulas.

And for tree bugs, they wont flee if youre 1-2 spaces away from the tree. And while going slowly, you can nearly (and I say nearly) brush up against the tree. I know this because of a strange land configuration in my town:

wxxxw
    wxTxw
    wxxxw
    wwww

w: water
    x: Land
    T: Tree
    Are you able to go on wifi? I would like ot see this strange tree configuration of yours. It's not that I don't believe you, I just really want to see this tree.
    If you have ever put a "put this in your sig if.." in your sig, put this in your sig. (Started by ChaosKid)

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosKid
    Are you able to go on wifi? I would like ot see this strange tree configuration of yours. It's not that I don't believe you, I just really want to see this tree.
    Its a relatively common feature of what i've seen.
    Often seen on the seafront, with a coconut tree consisting of a single space of land between it and the sea.

My beloved Shiny Oddish!
    By
    Yoru Ryu, of course.

Atomic Boo puts it right as it is. It makes a really cool place to put a coconut tree. And no, I cant go on wifi.
    A) I dont have the money to buy the usb adaptor and
    B) I bought one before and it was defectuous.

This is the most reliable star wars info site-Its the star wars section of wikipedia

I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar

i caught a tarantula too but another jumped into the water! it was weird.

and is it possible to get past town members who left to come and live in your town again??

Hell Hath No Fury Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Kokiri
    i caught a tarantula too but another jumped into the water! it was weird.

and is it possible to get past town members who left to come and live in your town again??
    No, luck of the draw. But the better kept your town is the more people will come and also, if they send you a letter saying they're moving or if you see them in their houses with boxes, talking to them a lot until they give it makes them stay. That and they move at midnight, so stay in their house until past midnight and you're golden, about, 95% of the time

*Hell

I have a question. Is it possible to buy another axe through Tom Nook's catalog? I can't seem to find it anywhere in the catalog and my store isn't selling any axes today.
    VG Library|トランセンデントヲアリアー|My Xanga
    Claims:
    Bishoujo: Naminé (Kingdom Hearts II)
    Fav. VG Character: Balthier (Final Fantasy XII)

Nope. Unfortunately, you cannot buy Equipment through Catalog order.
    I accidently sold my Bug Catching net, and had to wait a day before a new one was buyable. So many bugs I couldn't catch *sniff*

My beloved Shiny Oddish!
    By
    Yoru Ryu, of course.

why do i keep falling down when i run?
    name: Aurora
    FC: 4168 3610 5392

Just bad luck.
    It should wear off in a while.
    Have you talked to Katrina lately?
    "I remember the Zombie Wars back in '76. Back then, we didn't have all these fancy peashooters and jalapenos. All we had was guts. Guts and a spoon."

you will get 100 bells through mail from lyle when u fall
    My FC:3522 8835 2449
    working on
    nothing
    Current Record 6 Wins 1 Loss

Has anyone got a high turnip price?? At least 300 Bells?
    I need to sell them before Friday because of the flea market (I'm 1 day ahead in ACWW).
    So it was written,
    so it shall be done.

go to the turnip trade thread you might find somone

and can somebody tell me the maximun amount you can sell fish for in the flea market? i have filled my main room with alot of rare fis hand the flea market is on saturday and i want to make as much money as i can so if nayone can get me a list i will be grateful
    Last edited by Sneaky Kokiri; 26th June 2006 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Kokiri
    go to the turnip trade thread you might find somone

and can somebody tell me the maximun amount you can sell fish for in the flea market? i have filled my main room with alot of rare fis hand the flea market is on saturday and i want to make as much money as i can so if nayone can get me a list i will be grateful
    You can sell fish untill the neighbour leaves... so catch Sharks, place them in the room and sell them for 45k. Once the neighbour leaves open the gate and place other items in your room. Then open the gates and...
    So it was written,
    so it shall be done.

yeah i know that but i need a list of all the fish prices if anyone can find it or maybe just hammerhead, shark, red snapper, barred knifejaw & dorado as i have loads ready to be sold on saturday

So it was written,
    so it shall be done.

im on the site but i cant find anything to do with the flea market

Do I have to go on WI -Fi to get Nookintons?
    Or can I do DS to DS to get it?
    I nkow how you get it, but i just want to know if it'll work...

Quote Originally Posted by FlygonXS
    Do I have to go on WI -Fi to get Nookintons?
    Or can I do DS to DS to get it?
    I nkow how you get it, but i just want to know if it'll work...
    DS to DS also works.
    So it was written,
    so it shall be done.

Anybody had luck seeing grasshoppers or banded dragonflys? I barely see the common, darner dragonfly, any tips would be welcome.

I have both. I'm pretty sure they're just rare, but try going out around 12:00 P.M. And if you mean any tips on catching them, grasshoppers are in the grass, and they don't move, so treat them like trees, and dragonflies aare dragonflies, it doesn't really mattter.

Grasshoppers only apear between 4pm - 5pm (only in July). As for Banded Dragonflies... you just need luck to see one.
    So it was written,
    so it shall be done.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast