Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tactics Theatrics! (430)

Default Tactics Theatrics! (430)

Tactics Theatrics!

At the Battle Dome, Ash meets the Leader, Tucker. Not long after meeting Tucker Ash challenges him to a battle for the Tactics Symbol. It's a 2 VS 2 Match. Ash's Corphish & Swellow VS Tucker's Arcanine and Swampert. Will Ash be able to get his 3rd Froniter Symbol or will he wash out?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    Will Ash be able to get his 3rd Froniter Symbol or will he wash out?
    Yes, I really want to know! (sarcasm) To be honest, I would expect Ash to lose this if we didn't already know the answer to this loverly question.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Yeah, the comic really did spoil the whole thing.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    Yeah, the comic really did spoil the whole thing.
    Yea..like big time...

how long ago did we kno about ash going to win? was it 4 weeks or 5?..lol

well, i just can't wait to see the combination of Arcanine and Swampert...lol...should be intresting...
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

Even if it was spoiled the battle itself is what I'm looking forward to...too bad it'll be forever before this episode gets to the U.S. T.T

Diamond and Pearl
    I'm your biggest fan,
    I'll follow you until you love me<3
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/zvo3zt.gif[/IMG]

Can't wait for the episode pictures!
    Adam 's PokePet

My level 10 Munchlax!

Seen the episode. Some bits about this.

I think this is the first episode to feature 7th movie music.

Tucker is included in the intro credits. For a guy dressed like that, he has a deep voice, not to mention lots of adoring fangirls.

Animation is really good in this episode.

Team Rocket does not try to steal any Pokemon, therefore do not interrupt the match. Instead, they are serving snack for the many viewers of the match ala their Hoenn League job.

There were references to Ash's participation in the Kanto, Orange, Johto and Hoenn leagues.

References?. What kind of references?.

Blaziken master Guest

I've seen the pics and it looks jaw dropping.Scott appears and he looks cuter than usual. He's getting interviewed along with the rest of the gang. The reference that golden darkness meant was that on the giant screen it showed the different stadiums that Ash has fought in

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken master
    I've seen the pics and it looks jaw dropping.Scott appears and he looks cuter than usual. He's getting interviewed along with the rest of the gang. The reference that golden darkness meant was that on the giant screen it showed the different stadiums that Ash has fought in
    Should have shown Orange Island Drake in my opinion. No one cares about the damned Stadiums.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Darkness
    There were references to Ash's participation in the Kanto, Orange, Johto and Hoenn leagues.
    Wow, actual continuity!

I'm so glad Ash's past accomplishments were finally stated. It seems to me like the Pokemon league officials forget all about Ash's victories.

I mean he HAS won the Orange league, come in top 16 in Kanto, and Top 8 in Johto and Hoenn. Compared to the 200 trainers that enter each league and never make it past the preliminaries, it's nice to see Ash finally recognized.

Now if only Ash could get some popularity, so many people still don't even recognize him and think he's a nobody.

Cool stuff-
    Great looking episode
    Tucker looks amazing
    Pokemon are cool
    Corphish still knows how to rock!
    Norman in a flower costume!
    May having a minor part as an anonymous fangirl

Bleh stuff-
    We knew what was gonna happen
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Damn I really need to see some Frontier Episodes...

Sounds great, especially when Team Rocket DON'T interupt, thats what Team Rocket should be doing, just randomly going around doing a little filler.

End of post.

Blaziken master Guest

Another thing TR went through the entire episode without blasting off. The part that looks interesting from what I saw from the pictures is the part where both corphish and swellow are trapped in the vortex. Looks uber cool

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken master
    Another thing TR went through the entire episode without blasting off. The part that looks interesting from what I saw from the pictures is the part where both corphish and swellow are trapped in the vortex. Looks uber cool
    i kno they didn't blast off..i was thinking at the end after Ash won...all of a sudden they would have do attempt of stealing..lol

oh well..it was a great battle...but sad...taht Ash had to WIN...seriously..Swellow and Corpish did what like 1 - 3 hits...and the rest failed..lol...
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

i guess this episode is another victory for ash!! -_-;;
    [IMG]http://i15.*******.com/2qlg3v8.jpg[/IMG]

Ok just saw the episode and it was great. The animation and the music were really nice. Corphish and Swellow were great. The only thing that i hated is that Scott,brock,may and max were shown to much explaining everything or something like that. They always do that but this time was just to much. I mean during the battle scott was talking about tactics or something and he gave a freaking 1 to 2 min speech.lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoOCha0tic
    i guess this episode is another victory for ash!! -_-;;
    You seem to say it as if it's a bad thing... of course he was going to conquer the Battle Dome, just as he will with the remaining Frontier Brains.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Wow... this had to be the best battle since Keade. The animation was great, the action was engaging, and of course Heigani and Oosubame pwn as usual. Seeing them in a double battle together was awesome beyond words.

They really didn't waste any time either - there was only about five minutes before the battle started and it lasted until nearly the end. This episode was also a perfect example of how the Rocket-dan can be in an important episode without taking away from the main plot or interrupting the action. They just did their food vending thing and watched from the stands. And I thought it was funny when they were eating the food that they were supposed to be selling. XD

There was some great music in this one as well. I particularly liked the old school pieces they used, though the movie music they threw in there was nice too. It really added a lot of suspense.

And on a final note, Hiisu didn't act as flamboyant as I expected, but I suppose with that outfit you wouldn't need to.
    ~

Can anyone say the exact moves Arcanine and Swampert used?

Sig killed by Hydrohs, please read the rules.

Well just saw the pics and this looks really cool. Team Rocket were pretty good. Scott apeared again! I guess this means he'll be there for every Facility.

What move did swampert use when its tail glowed goldish?

The whole episode was brilliant. The battle was incredibly intense, all the attacks used looked absolutely devestating and the pokémon themselves pulled off some admirable combination moves. I thought Swellow getting Arcanine to use Extreme Speed accidentally on Swampert was one worth mentioning. And of course, there was the Water Pulse/Fire Blast tornado.

Tucker may not have been as flamboyant as many people had hoped, but he still retained his love of being showered with applause in front of a cheering audience. And that aspect of his personallity was pretty cool. It certainly made his first meeting with Ash before the match a lot more interesting than past gym leaders.
    Though I have to say, those fangirls started to annoy me after a while ^^;

Apart from the gob-smackingly awesome animation, I thought giving Tucker's
    pokémon such a wide variety of attacks helped this battle to be far more interesting than what we're usually used to. Swampert for example used about 6 different moves during the match, and Swellow & Arcanine used varying techniques also. Aerial Ace from Arcanine was most unexpected, and even Ash seemed to be a little shocked when Tucker ordered the attack.

But on the downside, it really makes you notice just how limited Corphish's moves are. All its really been using are the ol' Crabhammer and Bubblebeam, and its lack of attacks really stood out in contrast to the other pokémon. That needs to be fixed methinks. Screw evolution, what Corphish 'needs' is another decent attack. Dig, where art 'thou?~

-Would I be correct in assuming Tucker's Arcanine was female? It certainly sounded like it at least.
    -So, they're now using the red-ish CG BubbleBeam that is seen during the opening now? You have to wonder why they keep making these changes at such awkward times.
    -Speaking of changes, what the hell was up with Mud Shot? It looked identical to the old energy-orb BubbleBeam fro the early AG days :/

Quote Originally Posted by JazzJazz
    You seem to say it as if it's a bad thing... of course he was going to conquer the Battle Dome, just as he will with the remaining Frontier Brains.
    its a bad thing because that would make the bf series even more predictable. -.-
    [IMG]http://i15.*******.com/2qlg3v8.jpg[/IMG]

Tucker = Fashion victim to the max.

I'm a little disappointed that Scott had to show his fat face again. I'm convinced more than ever that he's a pedophilic stalker. The animation in this owns. Easily the best Brain battle so far.

http://img323.imageshack.us/img323/5...ersenri4zi.png
    XD. AVATAR. NOW.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast