Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Off the Unbeaten Path! (436)

I think its ironic that james gets all the wonderful pokemon and jessie is just....jessie. But you need her there to balance everything out. This was possibly the best battle frontier episode yet, and the voice actors are really growing on me. Its like they arent new at all almost.

xD YAY JAMES. *waves flags*

Pokemon White 2 Team!

POKEMON WHITE FC: 4255-4486-3513

I really liked the episode, especially when it contrasts Jessie and James. James really shows that beneath his idiotic exterior is a guy who genuinely cares about his Pokemon. My favorite scene was when Jessie and Meowth are being so full of themselves, they don't notice May and Brock undoing their stealing. Besides, it's nice to see James win for once.
    November 11, 1918 - At the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, the Great War ends. At 5 a.m. that morning, Germany, bereft of manpower and supplies and faced with imminent invasion, signed an armistice agreement with the Allies in a railroad car outside Compiégne, France. The First World War left nine million soldiers dead and 21 million wounded, with Germany, Russia, Austria-Hungary, France, and Great Britain each losing nearly a million or more lives. In addition, at least five million civilians died from disease, starvation, or exposure.

Cardcaptor Sakura - Celebrating Ten Magical Anime Years

Zomg. Brock's line. This has got to be the dirtiest yet. XD

Did anyone else notice Marshtomp and Wooper?

And Wobbuffet's one of the cutest Pokémon ever. But I don't think he was in this episode!

is it just me or is james slowly going straight.
    pokenoob's PokePet

swift the level 50 Umbreon!

Spoiler:- quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by pokenoob View Post
    In this episode, James wasn't becoming straight...he was becoming "white and nerdy", especially in that German getup.
    November 11, 1918 - At the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, the Great War ends. At 5 a.m. that morning, Germany, bereft of manpower and supplies and faced with imminent invasion, signed an armistice agreement with the Allies in a railroad car outside Compiégne, France. The First World War left nine million soldiers dead and 21 million wounded, with Germany, Russia, Austria-Hungary, France, and Great Britain each losing nearly a million or more lives. In addition, at least five million civilians died from disease, starvation, or exposure.

I dont think thats ever going to happen. xD hahaha.
    Especially this season. o_o Its just the voice actor is a little..off. lol.

Pokemon White 2 Team!

POKEMON WHITE FC: 4255-4486-3513

The bad thing about this is that Meowth had to dress in the Sneasel costume. That was the most unessessary thing ever.

He already is in my book, there are straight guys that crossdress in the real world you know . Of course I never sterotyped him based on his VA anyway...
    He's such a sweet guy in this episode :3
    And the Sneasel costume was wonderful, Meowth looks good in black...
    5/9/08: Chapter 6 of Fable is posted !

Vampiric pokémorphs and the Nurse Joy who must love them.

When you say "straight," you're talking about no longer being a criminal, right?

Right?

Right... (sarcasm)

This was a great episode. And, to me... James has ALWAYS been straight.

dang that bonsly is getting quite brutal, when that thing can battle(with hope) it'll sure make up for the lost brock action

Unfortunately, I don't think Bonsly will get much battle time...

The episode was great espescially for a filler. There were many good points to it which most people already pointed out.

Anyway, the idea of the competition was great but did anyone notice that the Pokemon were completely useless in it? They just followed their trainers but they really didn't use any attacks or help them. In fact, they kind of held their trainers back.

Also, what was the point in Meowth dressing up as Sneasel? It HATES Sneasel!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star View Post
    Also, what was the point in Meowth dressing up as Sneasel? It HATES Sneasel!
    Technically, Meowth doesnt hate Sneasel, he just doesnt want to be replaced by one. Simply put, Jessie likes Sneasel a whole lot, so she probably decided to dress hiim up.

I really liked it when Jessie and Meowth start the motto and during the whole thing, Brock, May and Max were taking everything they stole. Then when Jessie and Meowth are blasting off...

James: I thought i heard someone said 'were blasting of again', but that's copyrighted!

Great line! Bonsly beating up Brock was priceless!
    Last edited by Cobalt_Latios; 22nd October 2006 at 3:57 AM.

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

James: I thought I heard someone said 'We're blasting off again', but that's copyrighted!
    ^^; That was cute. Didn't shatter the you-know-what(okay, maybe it put a small crack...), but it still got best line of the episode.

Unfortunately, I don't think Bonsly will get much battle time...
    D/P says otherwise...

James was so sweet this episode...I love when they focus on him in this light.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

DP says meet Forretress, Foretress says hi from AG.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon16 View Post
    James is a nice guy to donate all the fruit to Ash and co., you would never catch jessie doing anything nice like that.

I think james needs to leave team rocket on three reasons,

1) He is kind to his Pokemon.
    2) He doesn't act cruel like jessie.
    3) He gets no respect.

Five reasons Jessies a B****,

1) She is cruel to james and Meowth.
    2) She puts herself infront of the team.
    3) She cares only about herself and doesn't care whos life she ruins to do so.
    4) Jessie doesn't have a connection with her pokemon like James has with his.
    5) She plain sucks!!!
    You neglect to remember all the times Jessie has been kind to her pokemon and team mates. She doesn't show a soft heart as much as James and Meowth do but its still there. Deep down she's just sad little girl with a messed-up past, an inferiority complex and a nasty temper.

One person said that Jessie and Meowth's plan to steal the pokemon ruined the episode, but really I found it to be one of the best parts. I always love it when Ash and company take advantage of the time afforded by the TR motto.
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan View Post
    You neglect to remember all the times Jessie has been kind to her pokemon and team mates. She doesn't show a soft heart as much as James and Meowth do but its still there. Deep down she's just sad little girl with a messed-up past, an inferiority complex and a nasty temper.
    That's true. We are talking about a woman who becomes tender over snow.

By the way, does anyone know Jessie and James' Japanese aliases?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Madien View Post
    That's true. We are talking about a woman who becomes tender over snow.

By the way, does anyone know Jessie and James' Japanese aliases?
    I don't recall Musashi having her alias ever mentioned, however Kojiro was "Kojirosuka".

great episode lovd it wen james said that we're blasting off again is copy writed and bonsly smahing brock is pretty funny, as brock and james are my favorites

This episode was okay. Great to finally see a bad guy (more or less) win some kind of competition (and now I will start to rant about the pokeringer competition which James should have won and not Ash goddammit). Sorry about that! Now some of the pokemon were entertaining in this episode. Munchlax of course, but one I have to point out is Manene (Mime Jr.). I always love it when it copies their bad moods. And even though I can't stand Bonsly on many levels, it was funny when it got piss'd at Brock for falling for Nurse Joy...yet again! Oh yeah, Jessie and Meowth with their blasting off line and James hearing it saying they copyrighted that bad boy. Love it!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

This was probably my favorite BF episode in Japanese. Now it automatically wasn't good due to James' and Ash's new voices. I'm sorry I don't like them (that's all I'll say since there's a thread elsewhere).

There some good moments in it, and I did laugh at a couple places which is odd for me and a Pokemon episode (last one I really LOL'ed was "Claydol Big and Tall").

Is it me, or are Munchlax and Max closer than May and Munchlax?
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

Max does spend quite a bit of time with Munchlax, being responsible for giving it the Pink pokeblock earlier on, etc.

This was a great episode, and it was funny when Nurse Joy asked James to give the fruit to Ash and co. I won't forget the looks on Jessie's and Meowth's faces. The voices are sounding a little better now, but I still haven't gotten used to Ash's one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    James: I thought i heard someone said 'were blasting of again', but that's copyrighted!
    I loved that line!

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
    ^^; That was cute. Didn't shatter the you-know-what(okay, maybe it put a small crack...), but it still got best line of the episode.
    Er...what?

James wins! James wins! That alone gives the episode a 10/10. At least the writers finally gave some vindication to everyone who was upset by the results of episodes like "Princess vs. Princess" and "That's Just Swellow". At least for once Team Rocket was allowed to win something, instead of having Ash or one of the other twerps, or all the twerps, win. Now if they would only be kind enough to let Jessie win a contest, especially now that they're going into the third region with contests, I'll be very happy. The best line of this episode was definitely James hearing "We're blasting off again" and not knowing it's Jessie and Meowth, saying it's copyrighted. LOL I also loved seeing Meowth in a James wig, that was hilarious. I also think this solo motto (my term for only one human member of Team Rocket doing it) was much better than the one in "The Saffron Con". For some reason, James and Meowth doing all the lines of the newer motto sounded much more awkward than Jessie and Meowth. Or maybe Meowth in a James wig made it better.

Overall, 10/10. At least tomorrow I'll FINALLY get to see "Absol-ute Disaster", which I've been cursed with missing it every time it aired. Thanks for the daytime reruns, Cartoon Network.
    My Shinies:
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast