Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Off the Unbeaten Path! (436)

So Koujiro won this competition thingie? Awesome, bout time he won at something. He's always been my favorite of the Rocketto Dan members (I especially liked his role in the Pokeringer episode), and I'm glad to see he finally got some respect.

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

If he did win, I wonder if it's because his fanbase were busting down the door for him to win one of this competitions. Obiviously many of us here wanted him to win something and thought he got screwed in the poke-ringer competition.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoramon089
    Why do people think James couldn't win? Remember the PokeRinger episode? James has actual skills in things and were it not for Taillow evolving he would have beat Ash
    We know that he does have skills, but its just unusal for the writers to give Team Rocket a win like this (and a legal win at that).
    Breezy is my little sister. Anyone who messes with her has to answer to me!
    My Twin's are Trillian and Sakara

Blaziken master Guest

I've seen the pics, nothing special happens beside James winning.There are quite a few cute scenes with James{ love his outfit!}and manene, but nothing much to write home about

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken master
    I've seen the pics, nothing special happens beside James winning.There are quite a few cute scenes with James{ love his outfit!}and manene, but nothing much to write home about
    Agreed, but it does add more proof that James can accomplish quite a lot on his own and has a good relationship with his pokemon when he isn't in the middle of an "evil" scheme.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

It was pretty nice episode and everyones Pokemon was shown except for Seviper and Cacnea but we see them enough. James winning was great and yeah he works really well with his Pokemon. Jessie and Meowth sure get annoying.

I liked the ending where the lady is sitting with her Ursaring.

What did James win? A useless trophy or a cool item?
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

James won a medal but I'm not sure if he also won all the food though.

Good episode overall, The part where james breaks the cookie and wants to give manene the bigger half, but manene wants james to have it is soooooo damnn cute, I was like awwww. Okay enough of the sentimental stuff.lol.
    Donphan vs. Dustox was well pretty much like this, dustox tackled donphan and then donphan used take down to knock dustox and jessie and meowth down on the ground and then donphan used hyperbeam sweeping through the ground and that blasted jessie and meowth.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter Hunter Sohrab
    James won a medal but I'm not sure if he also won all the food though.
    He did, but he decided to share it with all the other contestants, much to the shock of Jessie and Meowth.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

James already owned. Does this make him a God now? A Titan? Chuck Norris-like?
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    James already owned. Does this make him a God now? A Titan? Chuck Norris-like?
    To all of those things I'd say yes... enough to be Walker's new Texas Ranger sidekick. James is such a good-hearted guy, if you take a step back you have to wonder why he's actually with Team Rocket, but he may feel that doing anything else would be abandoning his "friends", Jessie and meowth.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Well, what can I say? It was pretty damned awesome to finally see Kojirou win something he deserved. <3 I certainly never thought I'd see the day when one of the Rocket-dan actually came out on top in a competition with Satoshi-tachi competing.

The animation could have been better, but it can be ignored as the plot was quite entertaining. The antics of Musashi and Nyasu in particular were quite amusing. It was hilarious when they had to do the motto together and Nyasu was wearing that Kojirou wig. XD It was also funny when Kojirou heard them blasting off over his head.

And speaking of which, Usohachi gets credit for making be laugh by blasting Takeshi off during his uber flirtation mode of doom. Nothing like seeing everyone's favorite pok&#233;mon breeder flying head over heels into the stratosphere while screaming "JOOOI SAAAN!!!".

As for the music, it's pretty much the same deal as last week. We've got the lyricless lovely boy in there again, and the old Kanto instrumentals make me a happy Hera.

Good times.
    ~

So did he just win a useless medal and food that he gave away?anyways at least he won something

Quote Originally Posted by Judai Yuki
    So did he just win a useless medal and food that he gave away?anyways at least he won something
    Actually, the fact that he shares the food with others is what pleases me the most. James is such a good person at heart. He's slowly climbing my favorite characters list. I really want to see this episode, if only for the scenes with Brock and James.

And who can't be happy for James for finally winning a competition? I'm thrilled, to say the least. The writers have made some pretty wierd decisions since the BF started, but so far, they haven't done a single thing wrong with James.

I have a question. Has Manene like.......battled yet? Thrown an attack? Besides mimic? I don't really care if it battles or not; I just haven't been keeping up with the recent episodes.

Also, were there any good scenes with any of the other characters?
    3DS Friend Code: 5155-3421-4718
    Friend Safari: Bug-Type (Butterfree, Volbeat, & Heracross)

Jessie STILL wants a Sneasel?! Hasn't she given up, yet? No Sneasel is that selfconfident yet accident prone to be captured by her.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBox
    I have a question. Has Manene like.......battled yet? Thrown an attack? Besides mimic? I don't really care if it battles or not; I just haven't been keeping up with the recent episodes.
    Nope, no battles for it yet.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBox
    Actually, the fact that he shares the food with others is what pleases me the most. James is such a good person at heart. He's slowly climbing my favorite characters list. I really want to see this episode, if only for the scenes with Brock and James.

And who can't be happy for James for finally winning a competition? I'm thrilled, to say the least. The writers have made some pretty wierd decisions since the BF started, but so far, they haven't done a single thing wrong with James.

Also, were there any good scenes with any of the other characters?
    Brock getting attacked by his Bonsly

So why was this "Pokemon Orienteering" again? It looked to me like a simple competition to go around an island to collect stamps, something a human is easily capable of doing on their own. In fact, the Pokemon were doing barely anything for the competition, with the exception of Gonbe holding Masato down and Usohachi instantly increasing Takeshi's travelling distance at one point. It seemed like little more than a refreshing hike where you try not to get seperated from your partner. In any case, it was a nice way to see some characters interacting with their Pokemon (and yay! Eievui hasn't pulled uber crap... yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    The animation could have been better, but it can be ignored as the plot was quite entertaining. The antics of Musashi and Nyasu in particular were quite amusing. It was hilarious when they had to do the motto together and Nyasu was wearing that Kojirou wig. XD It was also funny when Kojirou heard them blasting off over his head.
    You left out the part where, while they were doing the motto, Haruka and Masato were sneaking behind them, getting the fruit prize away from them, and Takeshi was pulling the net off of the Pokemon. I cracked up at this, since it's not often you see the protagonists taking advantage of the time they take up doing their motto.

And speaking of which, Usohachi gets credit for making be laugh by blasting Takeshi off during his uber flirtation mode of doom. Nothing like seeing everyone's favorite pokémon breeder flying head over heels into the stratosphere while screaming "JOOOI SAAAN!!!".
    Ah, yes. My respect towards it can raise a bit after seeing that. It didn't pull any of that annoying crybaby crap this episode either (as much as I recall, anyway), all the more reason to like it just this once.

About Kojirou's win, I think I may know why he gave the fruit away. I heard Joy mention how the Pokemon Center was saved earlier, and Kojirou said he'll share the stand with those heroes, which is immediately before he goes on to say that he'll share his prize as well. Did I catch that right? Guess that goes to show how much of a good sport Kojirou can be. One thing does confuse me, though. What was going on in that scene where Musashi and Nyaasu told Kojirou to climb the cliff or something? My assumption is they were trying to get him to do something that involved cheating, judging by the way he stormed off.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Heh, I XD'd when Bonsly smashed into Brock.

Overall this was an entertaining and funny episode. James and Manene interacted well (especially the cookie scene), plus Eevee is not doing anything to outrage us, so that must count for something. The bit where they stole the food prize from behind Jessie and Meowth's back was funny.

One question, did Ash and the gang know that it was James that won it, or did their blind eyes deceive them yet again and couldn't see past his disguise/clothes?

They knew. Joi announced his name when she gave him the medal. Not to mention Manene is a dead giveaway.
    ~

They knew. Joi announced his name when she gave him the medal. Not to mention Manene is a dead giveaway.
    That's cool, I was just wondering because:

1) The gang did not seem to have much reaction to it.
    2) Because people in the anime are stupid like that.

James didn't let himself get sucked into Jessie and Meowth's plans. He just trekked along with Manene and they had a bonding experience. He really deserved to win this one and I'm glad he did. Take that you "TR can't win anything because they're villians and can never win" pinheads. Here's hoping Harley breaks his losing streak next week.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Actually, he used a different name, "Kojirosuka" or something.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

I'm happy that Team Rocket didn't suddenly pull some scheme at the very end of the episode to steal Pikachu again, thus earning them a blasting off. It was a nice happy ending for Team Rocket for once, it was very sweet.

Hey, maybe this gives some hope that Jessie might win a contest someday. Well...she is a lot less of an honest person than James, but nobody honestly expected a Rocket member to win in a competition that Ash and friends were competing in did they?

Manene is adorable, and hopefully James gets Chimecho back. His team in AG has all been little cute Pokemon, it's a nice change from his menacing Weezing and Victreebel from the previous series.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast