Umbreon
    Adament(252Hp,129Sd,129Def)
    -Body Slam
    -C-Ray
    -Moonlight
    -Screech

i dont like the taunt or the cursebreon ****...its boring

any suggestions??

Ugh, that Umbreon SUCKS. Body Slam will do nothing with 65 base Attack and no STAB, you can merely switch against C-Ray and Screech.

Use Taunt Umbreon, wish-passing Umbreon, TAUNT-Toxic Umbreon, or Curse Umbreon. Those are the only good sets. Use those or don't use Umbreon.

EDIT: This isn't Rate My Moveset, it's RMT, you should post a team.
    Last edited by Brown Bomber; 10th January 2006 at 11:42 PM.

NO. No, just no.

~Taunt
    ~Wish/Moonlight
    ~Baton Pass
    ~Mean Look

~Curse
    ~Mean Look
    ~Taunt/Wish/Moonlight
    ~Baton Pass
    [IMG]http://i1.*******.com/sgmiwk.jpg[/IMG]

-Banner made by Saffire Persian.
    -I've claimed Jynx in the Bishie thread.

Redd Guest

it really does work i just used it the screechs make it strong and it works wonders

Substitute Skarmory will totally wall it like nothing else...and Metagross/Regirock laughs

Redd Guest

well than i siwtch

Quote Originally Posted by AirLock200
    Substitute Skarmory
    Who the hell uses substitute on Skarm? =\
    Micky Onimusha: ants are strogner than bears

Quote Originally Posted by klducks
    Who the hell uses substitute on Skarm? =\
    People who gets bored on using rest or wants magneton switchin protection.
    Like me

Quote Originally Posted by AirLock200
    People who gets bored on using rest or wants magneton switchin protection.
    Like me
    Having a Substitute up while Magneton comes in is just delaying the inevitable, as you still can't switch out. This is why Substitute on Skarmory is pointless.

"A question is the path to knowledge, and only with knowledge can we find answers." -Anonymous

"Overconfidence breeds carelessness." -Kratos, Tales of Symphonia (GC)

"The whole universe is just a splendid illusion that blinds the human eye." -Anonymous

"What the hell is this." -DragonDance

People that actually know how to Rate a Team
    In-Game: Ryan, Fighting_master, SapphireL, Tazzler, Nine Thou
    Netbattle: nooblet, Willowhisp, dynamo, AirLock200, Lord Fierrus, Tazzler, DragonDance, Nine Thou, Lord_Snap, Toy

I'm probably leaving out several people, but this is off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by chaos952
    Having a Substitute up while Magneton comes in is just delaying the inevitable, as you still can't switch out. This is why Substitute on Skarmory is pointless.
    *cough* Roar *cough* Apparently Sub blocks Rapid Spin now as well so Sub Skarm > Spin Phan. That and Sub-Skarm screws up Wisp 'zing & 'clops if they lack Fire Blast/Bolt or Seismic/Shade respectively.

The EVs on that set are WAY too simplistic for the record. That set doesn't accomplish much either, you might get a surprise para from a Body Slam but it won't take too many turns for your opponent to catch on to you and just set up a Sub. Topped with how Screech will have 0 effect on Pokemon with Clear Body (Regice and Meta for example, both icnredibly popular) you're working on a 30% chance of parafusion. The set in general seems too chance-based, if you wanted to play with Para-fusion Umbreon isn't the one to be doing it with.
    [IMG]http://i29.*******.com/29f7b7b.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i27.*******.com/6699g9.png[/IMG]

Redd Guest

well back to the point of my original post...maybe i could put mean look it the mix

-body slam/mean look
    -c-ray
    -screech/mean look
    -moonlight/mean look

Look I annoyed half of this forum here with my "Haxbreon" set and it had 3/4 of the moves this has, but I'll be honest it sucked, I just wanted to annoy some people.

Umbreon with Base Attack of 65 and SpAtk of 60 is not meant for attacking head on. Mean Look and Baton Pass are deadly and Umbreon does not die quickly so it can support those moves. Try going on Netbattle with that set that you have, it will not work, no offense, but this is worse than the Haxbreon set.

In short if Umbreon is going to work at all in the metagame it needs Mean Look and Baton Pass. A healing move is always nice and the fourth is up to you, but I recondmend not having it attack. Without Mean Look and Baton Pass Umbreon would be at best UU/BL, it needs them above anything else.
    Gone. I'm rather dissatisfied with how things have gone here. The staff and the users have exceeded my patience. You can still catch me on MSN, Smogon (as MythTrainerInfinity), or Shoddy Battle.
    DeviantArt Account

Redd Guest

i have already used this set and it can work......true they can switch if i dont have mean look but if it comes to their last pokemon screech and body slam do work together in a 1 v 1 battle without switching my umbreon will win.....unless its skarm or metagross or some1 their type but i can rely on confusion if im lucky ;]

Quote Originally Posted by Redd
    i have already used this set and it can work......true they can switch if i dont have mean look but if it comes to their last pokemon screech and body slam do work together in a 1 v 1 battle without switching my umbreon will win.....unless its skarm or metagross or some1 their type but i can rely on confusion if im lucky ;]
    Redd, if it comes down to their last Pokemon you've probably won. And if it comes to a point that Umbreon is your last Poke and they're down to their last as well, you've done something wrong.

"1 v 1 battle without switching my" < you're in the wrong server if you ever end up in an agreement of not switching. 80% of the battle is switching, why do you think Spikes can become so deadly? =S

"i have already used this set and it can work" < there's also Brazilians with 100% ratings. Beating random people means jacksh*t. Smogon is full of nubs, try to pull that set off agaisnt Chaos or Jump or someone and make it work [note: it won't], then you might get some people to take you seriously.
    [IMG]http://i29.*******.com/29f7b7b.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i27.*******.com/6699g9.png[/IMG]

Even run into one of the Serebii RMT regulars and that set will get trashed. If you want to even be creative you could even try SubPassing with Mean Look, but this set will not work, Subs and anything that can Heal Bell/Aromatherapy completely makes this useless along with Clear Body as stated earlier. I would like to see the rest of your team as well... To give a through judgment.
    Gone. I'm rather dissatisfied with how things have gone here. The staff and the users have exceeded my patience. You can still catch me on MSN, Smogon (as MythTrainerInfinity), or Shoddy Battle.
    DeviantArt Account

Quote Originally Posted by Redd
    if you play any one who doesn't have...

'XD BRAZIL NO LEGEND Y UBER' in their info who then has 6 ubers

or

people who are just generally nubs or ****

... then you would get your *** served to you royaly, anything that uses roar/substitute will instantly be able to setup on you and sincerly **** you up
    Hey unfaithful!

musics
    PM for B/W wi-fi battles. If you hack... don't bother, i'll still win.

Redd Guest

Alright ill post my team.....but i wanna say ok i got all of your points but i dont have any means of changing it...umbreon in my point becomes useless but lets stop arguing about it.....some1 has already posted my team for me on a different post but ill repost it

Sceptile @ Lefties
    Modest(252Sp,252Sa,6Hp)
    -Leaf Blade
    -Hp Ice
    -Leech Seed
    -Sub

Gardevoir @ Lefties
    Modest(252Sa,252Sp,6Def)
    -Psychic
    -Hypnosis/W-o-W
    -Calm Mind
    -T-bolt

Umbreon @ Lefties
    Impish(252Hp,129Def,129Sd)
    -Body Slam
    -Screech
    -C-Ray
    -Moonlight/Meanlook

im thinking of putting mean look in and i changed nature from original post

Dusclops @ Lefties
    Calm(252Def,252Sa,6Hp)
    -Sesemic Toss
    -Pain Spilt
    -C-Ray
    -W-o-W

Milotic @ Lefties
    Modest(252Sp,252Sa,6Hp)
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Hypnosis
    -Recover

Milotic does fine without the def boost

Bellyzard @ White Herb
    Lonely(252At,252Sp,6hp)
    -Belly Drum
    -EQ
    -Rock Slide
    -OverHeat

And thats my team...**** i but the wrong thing for his ev but there i edited it
    Last edited by Redd; 11th January 2006 at 8:25 PM.

Umbreon is a GREAT pokemon just depending if you know how to use it!
    Thanks Bonemerang for the great user bar!

Paired With: Skiks! *Hugs* and [Cano] your both awesome!^^

the ev spreads and natures are pretty lol sometimes, white herb on bellyzard is stupid as you need salac berry to actually outspeed things after bellydrum and substitute

plus you are owned so much by gengar
    Hey unfaithful!

musics
    PM for B/W wi-fi battles. If you hack... don't bother, i'll still win.

Redd Guest

well bring that gengar to me ;]...im not trying to be the best i just like my team and most of the time insted of charizard i use flygon

Flygon @ Lefties
    Lonely(252At,252Sp,6Sa)
    -EQ
    -Fire Blast
    -Rock Slide
    -Quick Attack/?

i like my umbreon and i still wanna know if i put mean look into the set i could set up everything with the screechs
    Last edited by Redd; 11th January 2006 at 8:59 PM.

More like Choice Band over Leftovers on that Flygon... Adamant Nature as well.

Umbreon should not have any attacking moves, as it doesn't have the attack stats to put a dent in anything. Screech is useless on it as well. When the opponent finds out what set you're using, in comes Metagross/Regice/Regirock/Pokemon faster than it and has Substitute/Ghost/Skarmory to ruin your fun.

Use any one of the sets Brown Bomber suggested, or don't use Umbreon at all.
    Last edited by chaos952; 11th January 2006 at 9:18 PM.

"A question is the path to knowledge, and only with knowledge can we find answers." -Anonymous

"Overconfidence breeds carelessness." -Kratos, Tales of Symphonia (GC)

"The whole universe is just a splendid illusion that blinds the human eye." -Anonymous

"What the hell is this." -DragonDance

People that actually know how to Rate a Team
    In-Game: Ryan, Fighting_master, SapphireL, Tazzler, Nine Thou
    Netbattle: nooblet, Willowhisp, dynamo, AirLock200, Lord Fierrus, Tazzler, DragonDance, Nine Thou, Lord_Snap, Toy

I'm probably leaving out several people, but this is off the top of my head.

Redd Guest

alright alright how about

bold(same evs)
    Mean Look
    Baton Pass
    Taunt
    Moonlight/Wish/Confuse Ray

Confuse ray for the easier switch?

Yes, you almost got the standard Umbreon!

Put Wish or Moonlight (preferrably Wish), and you're set.

Uh.. Umbreon's attack stats aren't that bad. (65 for Attack, and 60 for Defense.) May I remind you my killer Jumpluff, who is a sweeper, and who Miror B. stole my idea from?

Edit: Although I do think that Umbreon should have some defensive moves.
    Faint Attack
    Moonlight
    Toxic
    Psychic (To fend of Fighters)
    Last edited by Auraninja; 12th January 2006 at 1:11 AM.

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

lol no.

What part of "Umbreon is a supporter" do some of you people not get? Its attacking stats are TERRIBLE, it is outclassed by lots of Pokemon in the attacking standard. You use it to trap Pokemon or to Curse for your team, period. Go face a good player and you'll see what I'm talking about.

EDIT: I looked up your Jumpluff, and it isn't "killer", it's a standard Sunnybeamer outclassed by Eggy.
    Last edited by Brown Bomber; 12th January 2006 at 1:23 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast