Thread: New Official Ranger Info

Default New Official Ranger Info

Pokemon.co.jp has just updated their Ranger section, and we now know slightly more about the game. (just click around here if you want to see images)

First off, the region Ranger takes place in is called Fiore, which is said to be a far off region from Kanto and Hoenn. From the map, it's a mountainous region next to the sea, though it's hard to tell if it's really an island as said before. To the eastern coast is a place called Fall City, which is the biggest street in Fiore right next to the regions's major port for travellers. There's a Lucky Clock Tower in the northern part of this city.

In the western, slightly central, part of Fiore is Ring Town, a lush green town where people and pokemons live in harmony, also the headquarters of the Rangers headed by Hayate.

In a recent anime episode, the female Ranger is named Hinata. In this update, the male Ranger is revealed as Kazuki (or Kadzuki) on a Ranger declaration certificate or something, possibly like a vow or license thing Rangers have to register. As described on that page, all Rangers belong to a Ranger Union, who works to protect nature. Minun seems to be the only partner for the male Ranger, while Plusle is the female's.

Aside from Kazuki and Hinata, other characters include:
    1) Hayate - leader of the Ring Town Rangers, who recruits youngsters he finds potential in as Rangers
    2) Joe - leader of the Fall City Rangers, who used to work with Hayate in the past
    3) Aria - a very famous Ranger in Fiore working under Joe
    4) Prof. Shinbara - top technical advisor in the Ranger Union. He invented the Capture Stylist among many others, and is said to be working on a newer one currently
    5) Eyeglass Male/Female - mysterious and weird looking people who the Rangers encounter

From previous news, we know how 'capturing' a wild pokemon works in Ranger, and that's by circling it with your touch pen on the DS. We now know a little more, what you do exactly when you attempt a 'capture' is:
    1) touch the floor on the screen with the pen
    2) starting circling the pokemon until the number on top of the pokemon's head drops to zero
    3) the 'ok' sign will appear, only then should you lift your pen off the screen

However, the wild pokemon will run around when you do this. If the pokemon touches the lines you circle around it, that 'circle' will be cancelled. Also, some pokemons will use attacks on your 'circles', which will cancel them too. There's a power meter on your Capture Styler, which will go down when a pokemon attacks it (possibly drops by other means too). When your Styler meter is low, you won't be able to 'capture' pokemons, and essentially, the 'capture' fails if this happens during an attempt.

To actually 'use' the pokemon's power, bring them in front of the obstacle, touch the pokemon with the pen, and align it with the obstacle. The pokemon will know what to do after you confirm to use its powers. These 'helps' appear to be one-offs only, as the pokemon runs away once they clear one obstacle. Examples of the powers you can borrow from a wild pokemon include:
    1) burning down obstacles
    2) putting out fires
    3) crossing rivers
    4) charging up your Styler meter

There appears to be more than one kind of Capture Disks, possibly having different functions.

At the beginnin of the game, which ties in with the plot, your characters have to be supervised by Hayate in your first mission, which is to find a missing pokemon in the Raira Forest. You accept the mission, seek some wild pokemon's help, and successfully finds the pokemon for its trainer. I suppose you are then officially a Ranger from here on.

Finally, Rangers have ranks, like the rescue forces in Dungeon do. Rangers rank from 1 to 10, and you start from 1. More difficult missions arise as your rank goes up. That number you see on the Rangers' sleeves (both 3 in the artworks), refer that Kazuki and Hinata are now both in Rank 3.

Coronis~

Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

WOW! That sounds so cool! It's about time we get a Pokemon games update! This looks like it will ROCK! I will be getting it!
    That me some money.

MaskedManAbsolkid is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

That's great news, I want the games more now!
    Used to be Absolkid, -Absol-, Former Absolkid and Cipher Admin Absolkid!

Does anyone know what Kazuki means? (so we can start predicting English names)

My prediction for Hinata's English name is Sunny

thanks for this info! it is a real insite into the whole 'pokemon ranger' career, it seems alot more organised than breeders, trainers and co-ordianators, like it is a sort of 'goverment'/'police force.

the whole hinata and pokemon ranger club (which i own) are gonna be very happy
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

http://blog.myspace.com/47902422

At this site they have 4 (bad quality) videos of Ranger in action. Just scroll down past the first game and you'll come to Ranger pictures and vudeos. Enjoy : )

After watching those videos, I wonder... how numerous are the wild Pokemon going to be? Will they be conveniently placed, or will I have to diligently search out the type I need?

I can see that certain obstacles might need clearing several times (like crossing gaps with vines or maybe flying to a high plateau). Coupled with the dynamic nature of "snagging," such obstacles could either be overly repetitive or a lot of fun. Hard to tell right now.

One last thing, too... when we do enough to earn a "Mission Clear," will we be "teleported" to a central hub (like Ring Town), or will we freely roam the countryside, looking for "work"?

Hmm...
    Official /vp/ Normal-type Gym LeaderFC: 3540-0120-0225

Quote Originally Posted by Coronis
    There appears to be more than one kind of Capture Disks, possibly having different functions.
    Are you talking about the different colours, because I noticed this too. Perhaps they have different "strengths" or rates of capture, similar to how the different types of pokeballs work.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

I wonder if there will be a plot similar to the regular games. Or if your quest will just be to get at the highest rank because it seems like Fiore isnt all that big unless they were only talking about a few cities.

Looks like the graphics will be excellent in this game, not that I'd actually care if the graphics were bad anyways, but it gives it a plus. Anyways, will this region also be used for D/P, or is it just for Pokemon Ranger?
    My Emerald Team:
    Swampert, Castform, Beautifly, Manectric, Wailord, and Bagon.

Red's PokePet

Patches the level 50 Pachirisu!

Discharge
    Thunderbolt
    Thunder Wave
    Thunder
    Patches is better than you. Get over it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShiningZion
    Anyways, will this region also be used for D/P, or is it just for Pokemon Ranger?
    It's not known... we'll have to wait for more information about Diamond/Pearl.

i doubt it. the crappy region of ore wasnt used...plus, maybe thats why it says the regions are "well away" from the previous three/four

Quote Originally Posted by sam_h12
    i doubt it. the crappy region of ore wasnt used...plus, maybe thats why it says the regions are "well away" from the previous three/four
    Just because this new region is far away from our old haunts doesn't mean that it won't be in Diamond/Pearl... it'd just limit the possibilities for re-visiting the old areas.

Something tells me that Orre and Fiore (Their names sound similar) are in the same continent, but far apart. That continent is based off the US (At least Orre's placing and Fiore's assumed placing by me), like how Kanto and Johto are based off Japan.

Orre is the top of Mexico and Fiore is Virginia (Virginia has mountains, and is next to water).

Cool. That's a pretty good way to take advantage of the touch screen. First the new screens, and now this. I can't wait for the game to be released in english.

Is Fiore going to be the diamond and Pearl Regions name

Quote Originally Posted by The Original Celebi
    Is Fiore going to be the diamond and Pearl Regions name
    It's Unknown just like the TCG game It might be set somwhere else....Time will tell....

Ok. as for Ranger whith the touch screen thing I think It's going to be fun
    (the scratch's are worse)

brockman5 Guest

Hmmm. that is wierd, water, mountains can't wait!