Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Underused Pokemon "Project"

Default Underused Pokemon "Project"

UUPkmnProject.com is offically OPEN!!!!
    Please visit and take a look and tell me what you think!!!!!!

TO ALL PROJECT MEMBERS: I NEED you complete teams (lvs, attacks, held items, and nicknames) by the midUUPkmnProject.comdle of next week. If I do not have this information by the time the site launches, your team info will not be complete

I have gotten a little bored working on my BF team right now, so I am looking for a new challange. I have been told by a few people that I use Pokemon that they dont normally, or never, see used. I was at PRA Boston last year and the "Pokemon Professor" was in awe that I used a Steelix and Crawdunt in the Big Screen Battle, saying he hadnt seen either used in the entire tour. This got me thinking about all the underused Pokemon out there. They aren't all horrible, they just aren't as "good" as someother Pokemon, be it stats, move pool, or something else.

So I have decided to work on a Underused, Underrated team, and am looking for help with it. I am currently breeding moves onto some of the Pokemon that I am interested in (Pidgey, Skitty, and Noctowl for example). I want to know what you guys consider some of the most Underused Pokemon. I am not stating a challange like the Monotype Challange (yet); its just a project for me to work on inbetween spending hours lving up the rest of my BF team. I dont want movesets, just a list of Pokemon in general. Post them here, then I will choose which ones I want to try and work into a team, reporting back the results if anyone wants to hear them.

The only thing I want to make clear is that I am not looking for the "professional" lists of UU/NU/etc. that can be found on sites like Smogon.com. I am not bashing such sites, its just I dont like how they only focus on one or two moveset that seem to be the same for a certain amount of Pokemon because they are "all that works". I want your personal opinions on this. This is not for netbattle, not to go through the entire game with, but just as a fun little project. Maybe if I can pull this off, I can get some other people interested in these forgotten Pokemon.

From now on, as Pokemon are added to the project, they will be listed here, along with anyone who has joined the Project.
    MOVESETS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN THIS POST. Movesets belong in RMT and I do not want this threat closed for breaking any rules. So pleas do not post moveset here.

From now on, when/if arguments start in this thread agian, I would ask that no one in the project respond to it. There is a reason for it, and if you want to know, you can ask me privatetly. I just have had too many agruments with people on this fourm for defending my opinions, so I would rather keep agruments caused by stupid stuff like that away from my threads.

Newest Additions in Bold

Note: Because the site is now live, all updates to teams and avialable Pokemon will be done on the site, so that we can save space here in the thread. Please see the site for more details.

Project Participants
    GumbyX84 - Project Leader
    Flareon22
    Cobalt_Latios
    clockjii
    Rabid_Latias
    intergalactic platypus
    Silver
    Yoshinichi
    Evanji Axu
    fred428keith
    BestBreeder
    dragonskull
    Akayfortyseven
    Wyndigo
    amphoros
    Ice Cold Glalie
    Absol
    ¤Umbreon¤
    OgLoc187
    Oblivion0807
    Absol!
    StrayedBullet
    Ludicolo
    StrayedBullet
    JohtoGirl
    Blaziken King
    TacoPete
    Last edited by Gumbyx84; 18th May 2006 at 2:46 AM. Reason: Updating Project Info

Created by Wyndigo, official Underused Pokemon Project Artist
    Site Status - Closed
    Project Interest - Rekindled
    Old Project Thread

Trainer since the days of Old; Red to Platinum and Beyond

I've abandoned my "honest" play-style due to lack of time a while ago. I have not, however, given up on the idea that you should play Pokemon as you want and make the teams you like how you want them to be. Forget teirs and "expert" movesets. Its all about having fun.

I find that kinglar is UU also fearow! Ninetales, mainly because of its better counterpart.

Ill edit this when i think properly about some more
    100% Legit! Anti-Cloning!
    Name - Brandon. FC - 2621 0027 3586
    PKRS Virus. Want it? PM me.
    Have 8 Shinies!
    I have Manaphy, Lugia, Deoxys, Jirachi, Mew and more legendaries!

The L50 battle factory has many that are considered underused pokemon. Intriguingly zangoose is one of them. zangoose if setup properly has the ability to flail almost anything in its way.

Ok we got three Pokemon. Come on guys!

I do agree that Kingler is HUGELEY underused. That is one I never really though off sadly. I might have one down.

I ment to say this before though: If anyone would like to join me in this project, by all means do. I wouldn't mind discussing ideas and stratagies with others.

Site Status - Closed
    Old Project Thread

I've abandoned my "honest" play-style due to lack of time a while ago. I have not, however, given up on the idea that you should play Pokemon as you want and make the teams you like how you want them to be. Forget teirs and "expert" movesets. Its all about having fun.

clockjii Guest

Mawile, Seaking, and Roselia are fun.

Evanji Axu Guest

Mightyena. The black-and-silver wolf needs love too! *hugs her own 'yena*

Brick Break/Poison Fang/Shadow Ball/Taunt...maybe?

I would also like to participate in this project. One pokemon that I consider to be UU is Dewgong. I don't know if people agree with this, but I have not seen anyone with it in my team. I hope to raise some of the UU pokemon listed here.
    Name: Tom
    Friend Code: 5069-0431-7839

Dragon Master Dante Guest

maybe tentacruel?
    i kno in-game trainers have it, but ive never seen any of my pals have it in thier teams!

Ok we have a number of Underused Pokemon and one person joining the project. Since it seems to be working out ok, I am going to keep a running list of all those who are joining the project and the Pokemon recommended by you guys. They will be in the first post of the thread for now.

Flareon22, I suggest waiting for a bit till we get more Pokemon before you start.

Site Status - Closed
    Old Project Thread

I think Shuckle is underused
    Undead
    Jabberwocky

Mayoral Discandiditure

really seedot and lotad. dugtrio and pidgey set. Scyther and scizor.

I must thank swimmerboy91 for my cool looking trainer.

Um... I dont nessecerially agree with all the Pokemon you listed Anton. Does anyone else think they, other then Pidgey, are Underused?

Site Status - Closed
    Old Project Thread

Scyther and Scizor are not UU. I have seen many people use this pokemon.
    Name: Tom
    Friend Code: 5069-0431-7839

Ya I agree, but what about Dugtrio? I am pretty sure that the Seedot and Lotad line are way to overused, so I will not add them to the list.

Site Status - Closed
    Old Project Thread

Errm Dugtrio is way OU, so no. Suprisingly though the Seedot line is still UU. My Emerald team is all UU except for Heracross and it is: Swellow, Grumpig, Heracross, Bellossom, Weezing and Golduck. Those are all viable UUs (scept Bellossom, poor dear is NU) once again with the notable exception of the OU Heracross
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

Weezing is OU

Unevolved isnt OU, NU, UU or BL, they're unevolved.
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/wbfm1f.png[/IMG]

Banner CreditsSuper Smash Bros. ClubProfile Picture Credits

HeartGold Friend Code: 4727-0179-1321
    Generation 4 Battles: Level 100 Standard, No Rotom Formes

Added everything other then Heracross. Not so sure about that not being Over used. It used to be, but that was a while aho.

Site Status - Closed
    Old Project Thread

UU pokemon

Magmar
    Electabuzz
    Jynx
    Fearow
    Swellow
    Noctowl
    Raichu
    Arcanine
    Ninetales
    Hitmonlee
    Hitmontop
    Victreebel
    Vileplume
    Blastoise
    Typhlosion
    Meganium
    Feraligatr
    Seviper
    Ariados
    Ledian
    Plusle
    Minun (I think their NU)
    Dunsparce

That's all I can think of for now. Does NU count?

I will repeat. I DO NOT want the usual UU/NU lists. I want your personal opinion on what you have seen playing agianst other people. All Pokemon listed from a UU list, such as above, will be ignored.

Site Status - Closed
    Old Project Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbyx84
    I will repeat. I DO NOT want the usual UU/NU lists. I want your personal opinion on what you have seen playing agianst other people. All Pokemon listed from a UU list, such as above, will be ignored.
    How can you tell?

Are those Pokemon from your own experience and play, or is that the usual listing that everyone says? Because it sure looks like one. Also, some of them arent underused, at least not that I can think off. Then again, I have been playing Pokemon for a while and Pokemon are used less when "better" Pokemon are found. Typhlosion was Overused a lot in the Metal series. But ok, I am sorry, it does look like it, and I have had a lot of people tell me that these Pokemon are bad because they read it somewhere. So I got a little defensive. Sorry.

Site Status - Closed
    Old Project Thread

Well what I see people play with? I haven't seen many people use Weezing ingame; its popularity seems limited to NB so I put it in UU for that reason. All my other pokemon aren't used terribly much either ingame or in NB with the exception once again of Heracross, so I put them on the list. If you want some Emerald pokemon no on ever uses ingame or otherwise, Sharpedo, Wailord, Spinda, Sableye, Wishcash, Beautifly, Swalot, Golem and Dustox to start
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

Ok. See that is what I am looking for.Thanks for more Intergalatic. Seeing as you have a Underused team already, would you like to join the Project?

I will be adding Weezing back into the list, because I never see anyone use it, and will add the other stuff in.

Site Status - Closed
    Old Project Thread

The Caterpie and Weedle family. Buterfree isnt to bad... Metapod is awesome though...

How 'bout Muk? or perhaps even Unown(though finding the right ones is downright annoying), im not sure but i think that Chimecho, Dusclops and Bannette arent used that much. Neither is Stantleer(at least i dont think so).

BTW, i wouldnt mind joining up.

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast