Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Odd Pokémon Out! (438)

Default Odd Pokémon Out! (438)

Grovyle VS Tropius! Grass Field Battle!

While Ash & Co. are on their way to Yuzriha Island for May's next Pokémon contest, they come across an island where Grovyle battles a wild Tropius. Grovyle gets injured in battle and gets treated by Nurse Joy & her Meganium. Grovyle falls in love with this Meganium and decides to battle against the Tropius again, will Grovyle gain the strength to win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Can confirm that Grovyle did evolve...but he can't use any attacks at the moment for some reason

maybe it can't use any attacks because it was used to moving at high speeds and manauvering when it was smaller as a Treecko or Grovyle

I knew Sceptile seemed to big and clunky to use those battle tactics...

now it has to adapt to being big now :\
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

If it loses Leaf Blade for good I will be sad.

chances are it'll still have leaf blade... but no more jumping around and doing crazy backflips with it I'm afraid...

It'll probably be a very close range attack now :\

I dont think that Sceptile will lose it's agility. Its speed is extremely high in the games. And even if the games are different from the anime, its speed is still part of the pokemon game freak envisioned.

I was sort of expecting Grovyle to evolve since then Ash would have a chain of grass types (Bulbasaur, Beyleaf and Sceptile. You guess the chain) but not in this episode though. But it has and as long as its still got its Treecko personality I'm happy but if it ends up being the Grass type Charizard I'll be disapointed.

Sceptile can't attack, eh. Something tells me it will be able to use leaf blade and its other crazy arsenal of moves by the end of Sceptile Dawn of Revival. So if it can't use moves, then did it lose the fight? And what happened with Meganium?

Yay, Grovyle evolved! It's now a mighty Sceptile! *opens champagne*
    Does anyone one why Sceptile can't use any moves?

He might have to get use to its body. Sceptile is still agile but he has to learn to use his new center of gravity and such.

As for the battle, he could always punch Tropius in the nose I guess. Still, we'll have to how they explains this, and how it changes.

A TBA thought. Ash has used seven Pokemon (in his main team) and all but three (Pikachu, who we can assume still doesn't want to evolve and certainly hasn't been around any thunderstones if he has changed him mind. Corphish who could or could not evolve but kicks butt either way. And Torkoal who doesn't evolve) are fully evolved now. Do you think this is asign evolution is not so much a taboo anymore?

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

nameless Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    Can confirm that Grovyle did evolve...but he can't use any attacks at the moment for some reason
    If he can't use any attacks then how the heck did he beat Tropius or did he evolved afterwards?

Though one thing with the evolution could be that Sceptile is not used to his new body. I mean the evolution did grant him a new body, weight, center of balance, shape, so perhaps he's one of those pokemon that need time to readjust.

Ewwwwwww. I just looked at Sceptile in Ash's character bio, and it's even damn uglier than that sprite. I hope it gets dumped pretty quick, and left to rot.
    Ahem. Apart from Grovyle evovling into that hideous beast, it looks like a decent episode. By the end of AG I was appaled at how Tropius had been shafted, and left with just a lacklustre league battle. This episode should give Tropius a chance to display it's true potential. I also want to see one last extreamly cool Grovyle battle, before the writers do the ultimate mistake of this millenia and turn it into that abomination. *Spits*

-Click the banner to read-

Want Pokemon forums with Custom-Avatars, a funky Jukebox, and no n00bs or spam whatsoever? Then come to HitmonNet, the greatest webpage on t3h internetz!

I don't see what everyone hates about Sceptile...

I wonder if, because of lack of moves, Sceptile loses again? That would be interesting, and good for Tropius. I think it should have evolved after the battle...

nameless Guest

Ewwwwwww. I just looked at Sceptile in Ash's character bio, and it's even damn uglier than that sprite. I hope it gets dumped pretty quick, and left to rot.
    That's not Ash's Sceptile, Serebii just posted a picture from the Honen League of the first Sceptile we saw which everyone should've seen like awhile ago.....

Not to mention Ash's Grovyle looked different from the other Grovyle, at least IMO.

I don't see what everyone hates about Sceptile...
    Their afraid of change. Don't worry, it'll grow on them. They said the same thing about Grovyle being butt ugly.

whoa! Nameless is back

Um, and to be uh, on topic, woo Sceptile. I hope they take this oppurtunity to give it some cool new moves, like uh...Thunderpunch?

Quote Originally Posted by Brinstar
    Um, and to be uh, on topic, woo Sceptile. I hope they take this oppurtunity to give it some cool new moves, like uh...Thunderpunch?
    doubtful, since Electric attacks are Pikachu's area of expertise...

Crunch or Dragon Claw are good possiblities though...

doubtful, since Electric attacks are Pikachu's area of expertise...

Crunch or Dragon Claw are good possiblities though...
    yeah but, pikachu doesnt learn thunder punch and I doubt crunch. Also now the dawn of revival episode makes more sense. Since it stated Sceptile was disabled or something and it couldnt learn new moves and Ash had to train it to hep it.

Just out of curiousity Serebii, are you planning on replacing the picture in Ash's bio with one of Ash's Sceptile? I think most people would prefer that, considering Ash's Sceptile will no doubt look better than the other one (plus it'll have its twig, I assume).

And I'm sure that Sceptile will just be as agile as Grovyle, may a bit less because of his size, but he'll still be able to do backflips and all that cool stuff.

I have no clue why Sceptile forgot all of his attacks (and I'm also curious as to how he beat Tropius without them), but I'm sure they'll come to him (there's no way they would make him completely forget Leaf Blade, its his signature move). I'm assuming this will be resolved in "Sceptile! Dawn of Awakening", in which he'll get his old moves back, plus maybe a new one (Solarbeam or Dragon Claw is my guess).
    R.J. - Legacy of a Master
    Now Fully Completed

Apparantly it was mental anguish from being rejected.

Banners By Me. Level 3 Trainer: 33 KOs, 95.5 TP, 18 SP

Poor Sceptile. I hope things work out for it.

Hooray! Now all thats has to be done is either ditch the shrimp for something like Glalie or evolve it and Ash has a full team of badass big guys.

I have to wonder while May is having her contest Ash will be trying to train Sceptile next ep.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Take Leaf Blade as an example, he literally no longer has those long elbow-leaves, so his technique will have to be totally redesigned due to his newfound power. Although, I reckon the two elbow leaves will glow with a green-white aura, forming a new mega leaf blade of pure energy.

And no offence or anything, but I think all you anti-Sceptile people are bloody weird. It’s awesome in every way in my opinion.

Either way, spectacular news, and I’ll actually bother to check out the episode pictures for one of the first times since the league.

Yay Sceptile.

Hm, though it was a pretty sure thing it was gonna evolve. Generally in history, trainers' starters always get to the third stage. Treecko was Satoshi's "Starter" for Hoenn. (May's hasn't evolved because she's a co-ordinator, I suppose.)

Eh, though that's a pretty baseless fact.

AWESOME!! Grovyle evolved!! Now I get to see lots of my favorite pokemon. As for Sceptile not remembering attacks, I find it shocking, but hey, it's a interesting twist on evolution.

Season One Complete!

Apparantly it was mental anguish from being rejected.
    At first I thought W T F but, now that I think about it kinda sounds like Sceptile. He always tries to succeed in everything he does and knowing that he failed and that he recently evolved it seems more likely than I thought that its because of mental damage. It's also something on the more original side for the writers.

WHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Grovyle evolved into Sceptile. I can hardly wait for the pics.
    And then a much longer wait for an avatar!
    Hmm....
    Can't attack, you say? Apparently he was entirely disoriented by his evolution. Maybe he's unfamiliar with his newfound power.
    It's possible Ash will be training with Sceptile during May's contest. He's done it before with Swellow.
    Join the Probopass cult now, and receive a year's supply of chocolate-scented toothpicks!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast