Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Odd Pokémon Out! (438)

It's about time his Pokemon are evolving now we just need to wait for Corphish and if you look at his profile picture you can tell he's using Bullet Seed followed up with Leaf Blade.

The pic in his profile pic is of Tetsuya's Sceptile. I imagine when the episode pics are posted, Serebii will use one of those for the profile.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

nameless Guest

Can't attack, you say? Apparently he was entirely disoriented by his evolution. Maybe he's unfamiliar with his newfound power.
    It's possible Ash will be training with Sceptile during May's contest. He's done it before with Swellow.
    Form what I got, Joy said that it's due to the mental damage Sceptile suffered from his failure in love and disoriented by the evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak
    The pic in his profile pic is of Tetsuya's Sceptile. I imagine when the episode pics are posted, Serebii will use one of those for the profile.
    Oh that's why there was no twig in his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamer Zack
    Oh that's why there was no twig in his mouth.
    Plus in the preview it turned into a flower, so it would be mostly a flower in view anyway.

Unless it dumped it's twig ;_;

Form what I got, Joy said that it's due to the mental damage Sceptile suffered from his failure in love and disoriented by the evolution.
    thats what zorajolteon said as well.
    It's possible Ash will be training with Sceptile during May's contest. He's done it before with Swellow.
    I doubt it since its mentioned in the summary of dawn of revival episode that Sceptile still has the same problems.
    Unless it dumped it's twig ;_;
    It better not thats his signature thing to distinguish him from the others.

So I have to wait another 2 weeks to see if the writers are stupid enough to turn ol' Grovey into a boring stereotypical monster pok&#233;mon with beam attacks?
    At the edge of my seat? Damn right.

As for the twig, I'm expecting that he either dumps it in favour of a new one or tears the flower off. Either way, he'll be getting rid of a reminder of his failure.
    Last edited by Gravy; 26th January 2006 at 7:08 PM.

Maybe it used up all its energy in its battle with Tropius and cant battle with its lack of energy?
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

So I have to wait another 2 weeks to see if the writers are stupid enough to turn ol' Grovey into a boring stereotypical monster pok&#233;mon with beam attacks?
    At the edge of my seat? Damn right.
    Scepty. It would be nice to see Sceptile with a new arsenal of moves but, it better not have solar beam and I hope Ash reteaches it leaf blade. Although what this does make me wonder is if Ash will cure him. I'm sure it will just be by training and battling Brock, May and filler characters but, then again maybe sceptile has to fall in love with somoene who doesnt reject him to cure his mental disease.
    Maybe it used up all its energy in its battle with Tropius and cant battle with its lack of energy?
    We've got two people who can translate the pokeani forums and have confirmed that it is due to Meganium's rejection.
    Last edited by ghost master; 26th January 2006 at 7:24 PM.

Aw, poor Sceptile. Bayleef it is not. ...But I'm sad this is Grovyle's last appearance, I really love him. But I really hope it learns Dragon Claw in 'Dawn of Revival!'...it seems like a great move for it.

BTW, why did the Meganium reject Sceptile? A Venusaur boyfriend?

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

nameless Guest

It was probably having an affair with Tropius, something went wrong prior to the episode so they broke up.

That or after it got it's butt handed to it Megs felt sorry for it.
    Last edited by nameless; 26th January 2006 at 7:33 PM.

Let me get this straight, Grovyle is suffering brain damage because he got dumped by Meganium. That's it, the writers were on crack writing this episode.

I think Leaf Blade/Crunch/Dragon Claw would be great for Sceptile. He's the best in your face pokemon on the gangs team and I want him to stay that way. I agree with Gravy, it would suck if Ash turned him into another long range battery.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    If it loses Leaf Blade for good I will be sad.
    if it does lose Leaf Blade..i shell be sad too...

but i'm shocked that it actually does evolve, after all the time i said it wouldn't in this ep...

oh well, i guess i have to say it won't with out thinking it would...and IT WILL EVOLVE...FOR REAL ...wow that's funny

well, i'm wondering if it evolve during it's battle with Tropius or someone else?
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

Awwwww, Sceptile. Got his balls stomped on by love. Poor dear.
    Fic plugs: Taking a Chance (multi-chaptered, Contestshipping/Pokeshipping)
    Firelight (Christmas oneshot, Contestshipping)

I adopted Drew Plushie from Ama's Collection

^ Adopted by moi. Innit CUUUTE?

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Jo
    Awwwww, Sceptile. Got his balls stomped on by love. Poor dear.
    which ones? the ones now on his back or the other ones?
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Let me get this straight, Grovyle is suffering brain damage because he got dumped by Meganium. That's it, the writers were on crack writing this episode.
    Well I can kinda understand. Sceptile has always been about being the best. He doesnt like to fail. So that can be why, not to mention his whole love thing and being in a new body are probally contributing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PDL
    which ones? the ones now on his back or the other ones?
    ....Both? Iunno, I don't want to think about it too closely.
    Fic plugs: Taking a Chance (multi-chaptered, Contestshipping/Pokeshipping)
    Firelight (Christmas oneshot, Contestshipping)

I adopted Drew Plushie from Ama's Collection

^ Adopted by moi. Innit CUUUTE?

Quote Originally Posted by ghost master
    So that can be why, not to mention his whole love thing and being in a new body are probally contributing as well.
    I understand it from the point of being in a new body, remember when bayleef first evolved and it didn't know its own strength?
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

I hope all this story about "Sceptile can't use any moves" will be just temporary. It sounds ridiculous that a evolved Pokemon suddenly forgets all its movements!!!. Some Pokemon learns new moves when they evolve, just like when "Treecko" learned Leaf Blade when he evolved to "Grovyle". But that it happens the opposite it's ridiculous!!.

The attacks used up to now by Grovyle are: Pound, Quick Attack, Leaf Blade and Bullet Seed. (Not many, right. But they are very effective). So I hope the writters don't even think about make Sceptile loses those attacks permanently. And well, I also hope Sceptile will learn Solar Beam too.

Does Grovyle evolve in the battle or after defeat Tropius?. What happens at the end with Tropius, Nurse Joy and her Meganium?. And how Ash and company discover that Sceptile can't use his attacks?. I hope somebody can respond me.

Sceptile will probably kick some major butt soon, I expect this to be a temporary(and somewhat orginal) hitch.

Maybe Meganium fell in love with Tropius because Sceptile is somewhat lacking......hey, the tails gotta be compensating for something.^.^

I actually think they're going about this in a good way. At the height of its victory, Sceptile gets its heart stomped on by rejection. Yeah, it's happened before, but this time there's lasting damage, which is actually a lot more realistic. Pretty much every love-induced evolution is forgotten in the episode after. So much for true love, eh? Well, not for Sceptile. Sceptile will probably be in mourning in the next few episodes. I'm quite excited to see how Ash is going to overcome this impediment, really. Not much repairs a broken heart 0_0

Anyway, I think this a good twist. Lovelutions are falt-out annoying, so actually seeing some creativity in it is a most welcome change. Bravo writers

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

understand it from the point of being in a new body, remember when bayleef first evolved and it didn't know its own strength?
    I forget who posted on bmgf but, they said Nurse Joy explained that it was mainly because of Meganium's rejection.
    I actually think they're going about this in a good way. At the height of its victory, Sceptile gets its heart stomped on by rejection. Yeah, it's happened before, but this time there's lasting damage, which is actually a lot more realistic. Pretty much every love-induced evolution is forgotten in the episode after. So much for true love, eh? Well, not for Sceptile. Sceptile will probably be in mourning in the next few episodes. I'm quite excited to see how Ash is going to overcome this impediment, really. Not much repairs a broken heart 0_0

Anyway, I think this a good twist. Lovelutions are falt-out annoying, so actually seeing some creativity in it is a most welcome change. Bravo writers
    Yeah its something new non cliche and it also will span out for more than one episode.

Anybody have any pics of how Ash's Sceptile looks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    I think Ash won't go to Kalos right away and there'll be a time skip, thus his grown hair and all. Alexa would leave alone and meet Ash again when he arrives to Kalos.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi
    Anybody have any pics of how Ash's Sceptile looks?
    That's obviously gonna take a while. Nobody here outside of Japan has even seen the ep yet, or else they would've said so by now. As usual, it won't be till at least late tomorrow morning before more details and pics are available.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Some few tidbits:

Nurse Joy's Meganium was actually in love with the Tropius, and the Tropius with Meganium.

Team Rocket's part of the episode was getting Meganium in order to get Tropius.

That white glow around Grovyle in the preview? That becomes the full body glow of the evolution sequence.

Because it couldn't use its trademark grass attacks, Sceptile got beat around by Seviper and Cacnea.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast