Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Odd Pokémon Out! (438)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Darkness
    Because it couldn't use its trademark grass attacks, Sceptile got beat around by Seviper and Cacnea.
    thats gotta be embarresing, poor Sceptile.

Sceptile deserved more of a Donphan/Swellow/Combusken/Ludicolo/Marshtomp/Glalie evolution- learns an attack instantly, kicks arse straight away and continues to rock for all time. Not this crappy lovesick forgetting attacks bullplop.

And it may have lost its Leaf Blade because its elbow leaves have changed. it should still know Bullet Seed, though.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

nameless Guest

And it may have lost its Leaf Blade because its elbow leaves have changed. it should still know Bullet Seed, though.
    I'm pretty sure it'll still be able to use leaf blade, it's just gonna have to be done differently.

Is this the first time a pokemon has evolved and lost it's ability to fight?

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by nameless
    I'm pretty sure it'll still be able to use leaf blade, it's just gonna have to be done differently.

Is this the first time a pokemon has evolved and lost it's ability to fight?
    Now that I think about it, no. Remember how Marsala's Octillery---of Whirl Islands fame---couldn't fight well at all after evolving(due to having been rejected by its Remoraid brethren)? What happened to Sceptile sounds like the exact same situation, except with a crush instead of comrades.

One thing for sure, this definitely *won't* help Ash's viewpoint on love in the least.

It's unlikely that'll use leaf blade and it will be a different animation as nameless mentioned. If the writers go somewhat by the game and the pokedex than it'll have leaf blade still and should actually be faster and more agile than Grovyle was. Couple of pokedex entries here:

"The leaves growing on SCEPTILE's body are very sharp edged. This Pokemon is very agile - it leaps all over the brances of trees and jumps on it's fore from above or behind."

"The leaves on it's forelegs are sharp as swords. It agilely leaps about the branches of trees to strike."

"In the jungle, it's power is without equal. This Pokemon carefully grows trees and plants. It regulaters its body temperature by basking in sunlight."

It should be ok on moves in a couple of episodes when you consider that AG165 is a jungle battle and it's pretty much 99% guranteed Ash will use Sceptile in that battle.

I see a lot of pain for Seviper and Canea in a couple episodes. No doubt Sceptile will have a lot of catching up to do when he does get his attacks back.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Hooraaayyy!!!Ash has my Favorite Pokemon on his team.Finally he has a Good team now...geez i was getting tired of seeing ash with first and second evolution pokemon on his teams...god...Now If he HAd Charizard and if his Corpish evolve he will become Badass eventually....Or He could Get a Badass pokemon from the NEw Generation in the Episodes to come...or Just Get Snorlax,Tauros ou Muk from Prof.Oak.Still..Corpish Must Evolve!

3DS Friend Code:220852906148

nameless Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon Turboclaw
    Now that I think about it, no. Remember how Marsala's Octillery---of Whirl Islands fame---couldn't fight well at all after evolving(due to having been rejected by its Remoraid brethren)? What happened to Sceptile sounds like the exact same situation, except with a crush instead of comrades.
    Ah yes now I remember that one.

So it's not rare but it's not common either for a pokemon to be thrown into that situation. But it's a nice change I suppose from the typical pokemon evolving and then learning new moves right off the bat.

This isn't the first time it had problems with moves; it had difficulty mastering pound and then following with bullet seed.

One thing for sure, this definitely *won't* help Ash's viewpoint on love in the least.
    Totodile -> rejected
    Sceptile -> rejected

Am I missing anyone else? Excluding brock of course. Oh wait, there's butterfree but that was the only one

It's unlikely that'll use leaf blade and it will be a different animation as nameless mentioned. If the writers go somewhat by the game and the pokedex than it'll have leaf blade still and should actually be faster and more agile than Grovyle was. Couple of pokedex entries here:
    There really is no reason WHY it should not be able to use leaf blade.

Anybody who's worried about Sceptile's lack of attacks? Keep the title of episode 440 in mind. Its meaning is a lot more clear now.

Quote Originally Posted by nameless
    Totodile -> rejected
    Sceptile -> rejected

Am I missing anyone else? Excluding brock of course. Oh wait, there's butterfree but that was the only one.
    Acutally u missed Corpish i guess..lol

it wasn't a big one...

but it was after Mawile during Lombre evolving ep!

but i do say that Sceptile will proably different with now using it's tail to help do some new battle style.

I'm sure that it'll be in the Jungle Battle for the next Symbol
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

I generally don't like Sceptile's look compared to Grovyle's, but being able to go back to the old tail-smashing that he worked so hard to master as a Treecko is a bright spot to this evolution.

From the sounds of it... this little dilhema rocks! Talk about some Character Development for Sceptile. The anguish felt by the loss of a love (and being played on top of it to boot) and the inability to properly take on Cacnea and Seviper. What a suffering hero.

I'm glad that this route was taken. Not often you get such a deep side to evolution and growth. Take the latest example, Donphan, and you'll find no impurities about its evolution. So I'm glad they changed gears with Sceptile. I know that its success rate hasn't been too high all that much. This event and the course it takes will be a definite wake-up call, so that in the end the prize will be even sweeter.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Darkness
    Because it couldn't use its trademark grass attacks, Sceptile got beat around by Seviper and Cacnea.
    So, as soon it evolves it loses its first match!? What is this!? This is really stupid. Now I'm starting not to like writers again. That is one part I'm gonna skip/edit out when I see this ep.

Season One Complete!

It would be a great idea if sceptile couldn't atatck because it had to get used to its new body and centre of gravity. it shows a different side to evolution and is very intelligent i think personally. and if you don't mind me butting in but it looks like somebody gets to change their banner again ^_^.

but my main question is will scpetile get ther twig back???
    ................and there goes the tumbleweed.

Quote Originally Posted by E4Babosow
    Hooraaayyy!!!Ash has my Favorite Pokemon on his team.Finally he has a Good team now...geez i was getting tired of seeing ash with first and second evolution pokemon on his teams...god...Now If he HAd Charizard and if his Corpish evolve he will become Badass eventually....Or He could Get a Badass pokemon from the NEw Generation in the Episodes to come...or Just Get Snorlax,Tauros ou Muk from Prof.Oak.Still..Corpish Must Evolve!
    No! If anything Corphish must NOT evolve. Its great the way it is and if it evolved Ash would have TOO MANY final stage Pokemon in his team.

The writers are not trying to make Ash an uber trainer with the ultimate team. Corphish and Pikachu being 1st stage Pokemon makes Ashs team more ballenced in my book. If Ash is to have any more changes to his team any time soon it'll be a capture.

Please take discussion of other evolutions into a thread specifically for it

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    Please take discussion of other evolutions into a thread specifically for it
    yes good idea. So anyway as long as they don't make Sceptile too powerful things should be fine and from what I've heard I have nothing to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by `Master~Harley'
    So, as soon it evolves it loses its first match!? What is this!? This is really stupid. Now I'm starting not to like writers again. That is one part I'm gonna skip/edit out when I see this ep.
    Dat's what actually made them a good writer in some eps.

They don't got 100% good idea every ep, as much as i hate him getting his but kicked by those two

i still wanna see it, it's like when Charizard wasn't that good, so they put him in Charzaric Valley to make him better.

lol
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak
    The pic in his profile pic is of Tetsuya's Sceptile. I imagine when the episode pics are posted, Serebii will use one of those for the profile.
    But the picture in Ash's profile shows the Swellow from Candid Camerupt, not Ash's Swellow. Why would Serebii waste his time by adding a picture of his own Swellow when the one thats currently there is just fine.
    Breezy is my little sister. Anyone who messes with her has to answer to me!
    My Twin's are Trillian and Sakara

Let see what we have here:

+ Charizard: Started Pokemon (as Charmander), from Kanto, Fire Type.
    + Sceptile: Started Pokemon (as Treecko), from Hoenn, Grass Type.

Well, if this is like this, just one more needed:

+ Feraligator: Started Pokemon (as Totodile), from Johto, Water Pokemon.

Ash's Pokemon Team would count with Charizard, Sceptile and Feraligator. This sound really good, don't you think so?. The three are Pokemon for "Rookies", with lizard-shape, there is one of each one of three Started Types (Grass, Water and Fire), one from each region already knowned and all of them able to learn the Dragon Pokemon's power. A team like this would be fantastic. (Ash just would have to recover his Totodile from Oak's lab). So, what do you say?.

Fault for best newbie imo.

Agreed pretty much 100% on your points. People seem to think quirks = personality.

The pics are funny espcially...Brock's image of the nurse joy, and
    Donphan tring to play with some ryhorn(it may be evolved but it's still a kid inside)

Gotta say though it is mighty sad to see him get his butt kicked around like that though, Cacnea and Seviper whooped him good after he evolved
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 27th January 2006 at 3:00 PM.

It seems like Charizard and Bulbasaur are the only pokemon belonging to Ash lucky in love.

Bulbasaur+Gloom
    Charizard+Charla

But these pokemon failed.

Totodile
    Corphish
    and now Sceptile.

Am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fault
    It's called decent writing, for once.
    I still don't like it. Having my favorite lose to Team Rocket. It's something that is definately not pretty.

Season One Complete!

OK, episode rundown...

-Yuzuriha (sp?) Island is populated with many wild pokemon, including Rhyhorn, Nidoking, Girafarig, Ponyta and Rapidash.
    -All the pokemon are released, showing how much Sceptile is going to tower over its buddies!
    -Donphan has a rather funny looking confrontation with some Rhyhorn druing a game of catch. Joy and Meganium enter in an ever-present jeep to Sweet Scent them away.
    -Brock falls in love, imagining Joy as an angel princess, and gets the Max treatment.
    -The gang notice Grovyle has met Tropius, and the two are squaring off. The battle begins, with Grovyle using Quick Attack, but gets batted away and is struck by Whirlwind and Razor Leaf.
    -Meganium jumps in to stop them, and Tropius falls in love. Joy gives them a ride to the center, as Grovyle is severely weakened, and Tropius watches.
    -Cue Rockets. Giovanni fantasy with the bananas on Tropius's neck feeding da boss! They send Meowth (wearing a trench coat and with a megaphone) to speak to Tropius, hoping to also steal Meganium.
    - Grovyle is being healed by Sweet Scent, falls in love with Meganium, and the twig blooms. Brock gives a dramatic explanation for how this happened, in his typical way. Grovyle blushes for a while, having flashbacks of the battle. The gang leave.
    -While they're gone, Grovyle leaves to challenge Tropius. TR appears and steals Meganium with a big claw machine. Motto, and Meowth has a go at Manene for stealing his moment. They escape.
    -We see the battle between Grovyle and Tropius. Tropius uses Whilwind/Razor Leaf again, but Grovyle is inspired by the flower and uses Quick Attack to run towards a large tree. Tropius wonders to the tree, and Grovyle attacks from a branch with Bullet Seed and jumps down to knock it out with Leaf Blade.
    -TR appear in their machine and release Meganium, hoping to capture Tropius. They are shocked to see it defeated by Grovyle. Cheesy love-run between Grovyle and Meganium followed by cliche run-past by Meganium and shocked face from Grovyle. Meganium runs to Tropius, heals it and the two "snuggle". Grovyle is gutted and starts panting hilariously on its knees.
    -Joy and the gang appear, seeing Grovyle like this, and TR steal the lovers with their claws. Seeing Meganium in trouble, Grovyle evolves into Sceptile, looking pretty p*ssed off!
    -Sceppy tries to attack, but Caccy and Vipey kick its butt when it fails Bullet Seed, Leaf Blade (where the four blades are used sperately). Seeing Sceptile in trouble, Ash has Pikachu use Thunderbolt to destroy the machine, freeing the lovers, and TR try to escape in the balloon. Meganium and Tropius destroy the balloon, and TR blast off. Sceptile is gutted.
    -Goodbyes, where Joy explains Sceptile's attack issues. They sail away on a ship, and Ash stares in determination at his pokeball.

Finito. Sceptile rocks!
    Last edited by ChaosMage; 27th January 2006 at 5:33 PM.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast