Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Odd Pokémon Out! (438)

nameless Guest

I still don't like it. Having my favorite lose to Team Rocket. It's something that is definately not pretty.
    *slaps* Calm down. In a few episodes Sceptile is gonna get his...well....his powers back or something. It's only short-lived.

Grovyle is gutted and starts panting hilariously on its knees.
    DUDE I GOTTA SEE THIS.

Sceppy tries to attack, but Caccy and Vipey kick its butt when it fails Bullet Seed, Leaf Blade (where the four blades are used sperately).
    So it's not combining blades but use all seperately? Well at least that reassures people that it's not gone.

interesting though, so it evolved to protect Meganium. Man talk about stress issues, Sceptile really gets shafted.
    Last edited by nameless; 27th January 2006 at 4:37 PM.

Sweet...thanks.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by nameless
    So it's not combining blades but use all seperately? Well at least that reassures people that it's not gone.
    Well, they may combine when it actually finishes the attack. They kind of flicker on before going out. Like how Grovyle's glows for a while before growing into a full-size blade.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Have seen the pictuers, the ep is awesome. I love the part with Donphan. I think Sceptile needs some more animation time but I dont think it has lost its arborial agilitiy. I mean thats the whole part of being a tree reptille.

I borrowed this from filb:

http://www.filb.de/content/anime/ag161/235.jpg

I see an avatar in this pics future.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSonic
    Have seen the pictuers, the ep is awesome. I love the part with Donphan. I think Sceptile needs some more animation time but I dont think it has lost its arborial agilitiy. I mean thats the whole part of being a tree reptille.

I borrowed this from filb:

http://www.filb.de/content/anime/ag161/235.jpg

I see an avatar in this pics future.
    u do kno ur not suppose to advertise or tell other sites...pics...lol

i got yelled twice for doing that TWICE...lol

anyway...yea i saw the whole thing...

the love imigination and the love failure...were well done...

i like the stick blooming, but seems it doesn't have it anymore

i felt sorry seeing Sceptile getting beaten...

and how it seems that it has 4 blades for Leaf blade which makes it more powerful

ASH...was funny when everyone, even young max new what was wrong with Grovyle for it was shocked from love failure...

FUNNY ASH...he'll never understand about true love..or will he?

anyway...cool ep...cool way to evolve grovyle, and a cool way to make a new problem

9.6/10 no mistakes, just didn't get my attention like the Ralts and Max ep...

but this come 2nd place, from that

edit: also two more things

TR shock moment hilarious...

and Razor Leaf and Gust nice combo, making Razor leaf faster and more deadly looking
    Last edited by ŁańkaŃ; 27th January 2006 at 6:04 PM.
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

It looks like Sceptile will be keeping leaf blade. Sceptile used leaf blade and was running getting ready to hit TR's pokemon but, then it stopped glowing. It also looks cooler. It is double bladed now. Sceptile looks awesome but, I'm sure there are still going to be people who are going to whine about how it looks. This episode was ok. I found last episode to be alot more fun. I would rate this an 8.4 or so. Also Gravy was right Grovyle's twig blossomed after Meganium healed it with its powder. Grovyle went down good before he evolved though. He did an awesome fight against Tropius and beat it. Then Meganium healed Tropius and TR took Meganium and Tropius, Grovyle got angry and evolved.

Cool. It is cool that Grovyle evolves in this ep. I love Grovyle and Sceptile!
    ~*gReTa_LoVeR*~
    .:One of Arena Tycoon Greta's biggest fans!:.

Sceptile lost to Seviper and Cacnea, COOL ^^;

Some very avatar worthy pics if I do say so myself. And Sceptile trying to use leaf blade and then failing was priceless. And Sceptiles flower vanished ;_; I guess the tradition is over, or please god let it come back soon.

I still can't believe it lost it's first battle, it seems so un-writer like it's usually Losing ---> Evolution ---> Instant Butt Kicking. But yay they changed it =D This is episode looks really cool, i'll have to keep my eye out in the dun (whenever that happens).

And at the begining May still has her cool Rose and Letter, thats quite cool.

And Sceptiles flower vanished ;_; I guess the tradition is over, or please god let it come back soon.
    Grovyle usually didnt have the twig in its mouth when battling. Sceptile battled against TR and then we didnt see him anytime afterwords. So we should probally wait until Sceptile isnt battling and just lying around to determine.

i think i may have an idea, but i need to know something:

is sceptile physically unable to use attacks?

OR

is sceptile just restraining itself?

because the next battle facility is the battle palace!
    knowing how predictable ash is, he's going to use sceptile in this battle!
    you battle according to your nature there. so sceptile will probably use it's attacks accordingly.

let's not forget the title:

"Fierce Fighting! Jungle Battle at the Battle Palace!"
    it's obvious he's going to use sceptile in it. this is just a guess, but it's going to be a one on one battle with spenser's slaking, since it's his best pokemon suited for the jungle.

remember the episode before that?

"Sceptile! Dawn of revival!"
    ash will probably learn to adjust sceptile's attacks according to his nature, which will come in handy at the battle palace.

what do you all think?
    You never were there....but you never were here, either...
    This the Prince Manaphy, my bishie. *hugs*
    Thanks to Coronis for the Manaphy sprite and ~*SeijisSeviper*~ for the Anti-Manaphy!

Quote Originally Posted by XD001emerald

OR

I believe it was comfirmed that Sceptile couldn't attack because it was suffering from a brain thing after being rejected. And it is unable to use attacks from what I hear.

OR

According to people who actually understood the episode. they said Sceptile didnt use its attacks because of the mental damage of being rejected by Meganium. Also a dawn of revival summary has stated that Ash will teach it to gain moves back. So your theory is practically confirmed.

I noticed the rose too. Hurray for continuity!

And talk about a badass episode. I've only seen the episode pictures and it looks fantastic.

- The beginning had a truely AG feeling. Tons of wild Pokemon about (Girafarig? Rapidash? HOLY MOLY), the gang releases the entire PokeGroup, funny personality hyjinks with Donphan. Notice how it still keeps the Phanpy persona. Quite an excellent foreshadowing of what follows in the eppy.

- Tropius exceeded my expectations. Sometimes its good to just admire Pokemon in the wild than rather expecting them to show up in a fight or contest [that doesn't mean I'm less psyched to see Vibrava next ep. though] as long as they provide some good attack action, that is!

- Meganium, that *****! More like... *****ganium, yeah! Aw nuts.

- I can't wait to see what the future holds for Sceptile. Adjusting to the new body, rediscovering all of his attacks, pulling off stunts again like his old self... the cool stuff, basically.

- All of the supporting plot seemed just as good as the main stuff. Team Rocket has sadled themselves back in the boss fantasies it looks like. And what's going on with Manene and Meowth in the motto? Trouble in paradise!

- How bittersweet that the only time Cacnea and Seviper can prove to be useful is when their opponent is lacking in full power.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

nameless Guest

Mental breakdown, that's what Joy said.

Man that picture of Grovyle is just priceless.

Yeah. Have to agree with you, nameless.
    ~*gReTa_LoVeR*~
    .:One of Arena Tycoon Greta's biggest fans!:.

yay! for once people actually approve of my theories! ^_^

maybe sceptile's heart will harden, and it'll become a battling machine?
    You never were there....but you never were here, either...
    This the Prince Manaphy, my bishie. *hugs*
    Thanks to Coronis for the Manaphy sprite and ~*SeijisSeviper*~ for the Anti-Manaphy!

I'm actually happy Sceptile loses after it evolves, because it needs a loss before major butt kicking once it learns its moves in Dawn of Revival.

nameless Guest

Took a look at the episode and I can say one thing.

1 - Grovyle looked like a teenager on withdrawal after being rejected --> priceless

2 - 2nd round against Tropius shows just how much Grovyle reigns supreme when fighting near trees.

Quote Originally Posted by &#163;a&#241;ka&#209;
    ASH...was funny when everyone, even young max new what was wrong with Grovyle for it was shocked from love failure...

FUNNY ASH...he'll never understand about true love..or will he?
    Actually, I think Satoshi was more concerned about Juptor's battle. They didn't see Meganium healing Tropius, so he was confused as to whether or not Juptor won.

Anyway, though the evolution was, sadly, a bit expected (didn't give me near the high I got when I first saw Donphan's evolution), I am glad that Satoshi's ever kickass Kimori has finally gone all the way. And to all the people who assumed Jukain would be ugly and lose its luster as a Juptor..... all of you are so f***ing wrong, it ain't funny. The people who brought up the watermelon field's Juptor had a point, and Satoshi's is way different from Tetsuya's. Don't be surprised if I end up rubbing this into all of your faces for a while and milk it for all it's worth, fufu ^w^.... that goes for all you Lizardon fanboys who doubted another fully-evolved starter to rival him, and other general idiots, as well.

Chaos Mage, you missed something: while Juptor was shocked over Meganium and Tropius, the flower on its twig suddenly fell apart. Then, as he was on his knees, panting, the twig fell out of his mouth and lay on the ground. He didn't pick it up again for the rest of the episode, so if you see a screenshot of Satoshi's new Jukain, don't be surprised if it's lacking that. Hopefully, he gets a new one after he gets his game back in Dawn of Revival.

Anyway, this episode really ended up throwing me for a loop. As I guessed, Joy's Meganium was attracted to the Tropius, but that's the only part I managed to predict right. It sucks that Jukain couldn't use any techniques due to a shock after its evolution and ended up getting tossed around by Sabonea and Habunake, but I'm with V Faction, it was nicely unexpected, original, and should be great for Jukain's future development (besides, it was great to see a Tropius and Meganium get the spotlight, considering we'll be seeing a lot more of Jukain in the future). It was also original since we usually see Pokemon kicking ass and strutting their new stuff immediately after they evolve. Instead, Jukain evolves, gets beaten down by Sabonea and Habunake, highly unexpected.

Juptor ended up fighting and beating Tropius without Satoshi's help. Aside from being another unexpected event, the rematch kicked serious ass in my opinion (thank the good animation director for that), and truley was a great last hurrah for Juptor. And Juptor taking his rejection to Meganium was a lot more cartoonily exaggerated than I expected, but fortunately, the guy didn't end up becoming another Takeshi. For once, this rejection seems more realistic, with Jukain being in shock that lasts a brief while as opposed to just forgetting about it and immediately moving onto the next girl, and Jukain manages to retain his cool style and dignity this way. Someone said it before, but I'll say it again, this is definitely the best love evolution scenario we've had.

Rocket Dan were great in this episode as well. Manene stealing all of Nyaasu's parts in the motto (and then Nyaasu pops up at the end and says "Manene!" shortly before it realizes what went on and yells at Manene XD) was hilarious. Rocket Dan trying to negotiate with the Tropius to join them was unique. Of course, Sabonea and Habunake get points for the damage they did to Jukain (even if he was at a disadvantage), and for that matter, when they were released from their balls (and Sabonea didn't hug Kojirou, a rarity), they got "shot" out of the mech and collided with Jukain, who was jumping up towards them XD. Pikachu took down the mech before it could step on Jukain while he was down, but they didn't blow sky high. They took the opportunity to escape in their balloon, and interestingly enough, they weren't kidnapping any Pokemon or had something they'd stolen when they did. It seems that despite how sweet and kind Joy and her Meganium are, they have no concept of mercy (same goes for Tropius). Whatever you do, do not f*** with them.

One more thing before I end this post: Tropius did not sound like a Laplace knockoff, yay! It didn't have that nifty squishing-fruit noise it made in the Jirachi movie, but I'd say the voice somewhat fit it nontheless (it sounded kinda like a Bohmander).
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 27th January 2006 at 8:09 PM.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Seviper gets its revenge for its debut episode! Cool!
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Seen the episode and well IMO its 10/10 cuz grovyle/sceptile is just amazing. I actually like what they did, Sceptile suffers some mental damage and couldn't use the attacks, like V Faction said this gives alot more growth to the evolution and im glad it was done for sceptile. Taking the beating by seviper and cacnea and still being able to get up for more gotta love sceptile. Ofcourse i cant forget manene it kept cutting off meowth that was priceless.
    Anways like a said a really great episode, i've never really liked meganium for some reason and this episode just made her look like a bi*tch.lol.

EDIT- Just wanted to add something, Grovyle losing to tropius and then coming back and giving it a wooping was something i really wanted to happen it was great to see grovyle go out in style. ( im sure gravy agrees with me on this)
    Last edited by Flamez; 27th January 2006 at 8:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    Anyway, though the evolution was, sadly, a bit expected (didn't give me near the high I got when I first saw Donphan's evolution), I am glad that Satoshi's ever kickass Kimori has finally gone all the way. And to all the people who assumed Jukain would be ugly and lose its luster as a Juptor..... all of you are so f***ing wrong, it ain't funny. The people who brought up the watermelon field's Juptor had a point, and Satoshi's is way different from Tetsuya's. Don't be surprised if I end up rubbing this into all of your faces for a while and milk it for all it's worth, fufu ^w^.... that goes for all you Lizardon fanboys who doubted another fully-evolved starter to rival him, and other general idiots, as well.
    But hey, didn't I say that Sceptile would have a double-bladed Leaf Blade! Looks like I nailed it!

Actually, that's not legitimate. Sceptile has not officially pulled off Leaf Blade. So forget the whole thing.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

That episode was awesome! Pretty interesting how two of my most favorite Pokemon Tropius and Meganium were in love. *_* fanservice!
    I swear I took so many shots of Tropius, I thought my pc was gonna crash. Tropius and Pidgeotto>all other Pokemon in hotness. Call me a zoophile but I'm a Tropius fangirl.
    Manene was pretty cute too, and Meganium was cool. I cringed when Sceptile beat my little Tropius-chan up.
    Was it just me or was May really flat in this episode?

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Clair
    Was it just me or was May really flat in this episode?
    Some animators tend to make her smaller than others, but eh...whatever. You seem to notice this a lot don't you?

I loved the reactions that Grovyle/Sceptile gave in this episode. When Grovyle discovers Meganium likes Tropius and when Sceptile discovers he can't use any attacks were hilarious.
    I knew Ash's Sceptile would look way cooler than Tetsuya's, but i gotta give it to the animators for doing a really good job o_o
    and hurray for double leaf blade XD

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast