Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Odd Pokémon Out! (438)

Bulbapedia Has A picture of Ash's Sceptile up on Ash's Bio. Just click on Sceptile and you'll see it in the top right corner.
    He's look AWESOME!!!
    Adam 's PokePet

My level 10 Munchlax!

Ash Sceptile looks WAAAAY better than Tetsuya's...

http://www.filb.de/content/anime/ag161/293.jpg
    http://www.filb.de/content/anime/ag161/289.jpg

And whats with you people saying it wouldn't be able to do leaf blade because it's arm leaves were too short?! They're longer than Grovyles! They're already blades, they probably just glow!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoramon089
    And whats with you people saying it wouldn't be able to do leaf blade because it's arm leaves were too short?! They're longer than Grovyles! They're already blades, they probably just glow!
    They actually started to glow in the episode but the attack seemed to fizzle out before sceptile could use it... so I'd say that leaf blade is still a solid part of sceptile's collection of moves (once it can start attacking again).
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

nameless Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zoramon089
    Ash Sceptile looks WAAAAY better than Tetsuya's...

http://www.filb.de/content/anime/ag161/293.jpg
    http://www.filb.de/content/anime/ag161/289.jpg

Actually Grovyle's leaves aren't that long either. When Leaf Blade is activated it extends the leaves into a long blade. I assume in Sceptile's case it's the same except it's with 4 even longer blades. It just fickled out before it could because Sceptile forgot his moves.

http://www.filb.de/content/anime/ag161/008.jpg

Tee hee! ~

Thank you Pokemon writers.

Foop, her arms are in the way.

Sceptile looks a lot better than the others. He looks leaner, meaner, and will rock when he can attack again.

I wonder if his problem is that he's so mad and can't focus. So he can't concentrate to create his attacks.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Tee hee! ~

Thank you Pokemon writers.
    when i saw that. I knew you wouldn't let it go without a comment or temporary sig pic.

You seem to notice this a lot don't you?
    Dont you dare.....
    besides it's only for a breast-size project I've been doing..... and maybe something new for my signature.....

Quote Originally Posted by ghost master
    when i saw that. I knew you wouldn't let it go without a comment or temporary sig pic.
    yes this image is filled with images that'll make great sig gags. I wonder if anyone'll make a Grovyle/Pedro sig gag.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    And to all the people who assumed Jukain would be ugly and lose its luster as a Juptor..... all of you are so f***ing wrong, it ain't funny.
    Oh, shut up XP;

I still think Sceptile looks inferior when compared compared to Grovyle, but kudos on these guys for actually making it look so god damned cool. The b@stards. Especially its face, which left me pleasently surprised. I'm just hoping it STAYS that way in the transition from various animation teams. I'd rather have it looking this good in all the episodes its featured in, and not have it downgraded to the horrid mess that was Tetsuya's Sceptile.
    But in the long run, he's the same old Treecko we've known since way back in 2003, and he's still one of the best pokémon. Battle and personallity wise. And really, I think thats all that counts here.
    But still, this Gravy is going to sorely miss Grovyle. However, it was great to see it go out in such glory. Although somewhat short, its final battle in the series managed to show us exactly why its the most badass pokémon in the entire show. Some beautiful animation, great moves (including the ever impressive Quick Attack/Leap many feet into the air combination), the absolute obliteration of a creature at least twice its size and an all round perfect way to end his run on the show. I don't think it could have gone any better. And I'm happy with that.

I'm also going to agree with V and Yamato. The inability to use any of of techniques was a pretty smart move. You could just feel the shame from Sceptile as it struggled to get to its feet, and the aura of anger emitting from it as it glared at Meganium and Tropius.
    The entire love plotline was handled absolutely perfectly too. We DID get a few amusing expression from Grovyle a little while before it finally evolves, but otherwise its personallity shone through all that. We still got the ol' lust for power and the intense rage thrown in there and it worked magnificantly.

-If you didn't like Donphan before (poor, confused fools), you'll absolutely love him in this episode. I'm estatic that they managed to keep his playful nature intact, despite his new found appearence and strength. It makes him a lot less 2D than a lot of other pokémon, and it really is rather amusing to see a brute like that skipping around happily and wanting to play games. I hope this isn't ignored in the future. This guy has the potential to compete with Corphish, if handled properly.

-Many of the pokémon seemed to be awkward sizes this episode. Donphan, Meganium and Tropius seemed to shrink and grow in different scenes and the Rhyhorn that gave chase were abnormally large.

-Tropius' voice....I honestly wasn't fond of. BUT, it was a lot better than having to once again listen to that awful Lapras voice they seem to paperclip to every other pokémon these days.

-Manene ftw. It stealing all of Meowth's lines during the Team Rocket motto was hillarious. If I've said it once, I'll say it again. Manene is the best baby pokémon to ever grace this show. Full stop.

-When Grovyle was shocked to see Meganium go off with Tropius, I felt really sorry for the guy. He was absolutly crushed and the issue with his attacks just added insult to injury. The poor fern-butted thing ;_;

-I hate the animators for making Sceptile look cool. All that whining! All that bitter complaining! And for what? To have it all thrown back at me. I am crushed. CRUSHED!

-lol @ Ash just not getting it. As usual, he was the only one that didn't seem to know what the hell was going on with the love triangle. If Ash was a pokémon, his trait would be Oblivious for certain.

I hate the animators for making Sceptile look cool. All that whining! All that bitter complaining! And for what? To have it all thrown back at me. I am crushed. CRUSHED!
    Well I and a couple others told you so.
    However, it was great to see it go out in such glory. Although somewhat short, its final battle in the series managed to show us exactly why its the most badass pokémon in the entire show.
    Yes, I believe it was you(but I may be remembering wrong) who said if Grovyle evolved you wanted to see Grovyle end in dignity not some evolve to win the battle cliche stuff. So you or whoever said that got their wish.

Very pleasantly surprised at how great Sceptile looked. His facials were very, very amusing, and the quadruple Leaf Blade...whoa. Too bad he didn't succeed with that. It's kinda too bad this is a kids show...after all, Sceptile has three claws each now. Forget about Cena, I think he's getting into SCSA territory, if already at it!

Donphan kept its Phanpy personality...thank GOD. I loved Phanpy-chan--so playful and KAWAII! Donphan retains those adorable quirks even after evolution.^_^

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

I agree, KT. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT
    Donphan kept its Phanpy personality...thank GOD. I loved Phanpy-chan--so playful and KAWAII! Donphan retains those adorable quirks even after evolution.^_^
    Got to agree with you there. I've always been a fan of Donphan and I also liked Phanpys personality so to have both is a real treat.

Don't you just love when Pokemon with such a serious design have a comedic emotional responce, Charizard and Sceptile are perfect examples I mean you can't tell me you wern't laughing your head off at Charizards face when it Carried Ash to the Charisific Vally and as for this episode its got to be Sceptiles "WTF" look on its face when he tries to use Leaf Blade.

Is it just me, or does anyone else really hate the red lines under Sceptile's eyes?

Banners By Me. Level 3 Trainer: 33 KOs, 95.5 TP, 18 SP

HATE to sound like some evolution pusher, but do you guys think this opens the door for Marshstomp and Blaziken? Do you think we'll finally see all three starters in their final evolutionary stages at some point?

Anyway, the episode looks reallly good. I love Sceptile/Jukain and he has some great move options at his disposal. The sub-plot sounds fairly interesting, and the fact that when he evolved... Sceptile didn't turn into a Grass Charizard makes it all the better!

I think the red lines make him look more battle-weary and distinguished.

HATE to sound like some evolution pusher, but do you guys think this opens the door for Marshstomp and Blaziken? Do you think we'll finally see all three starters in their final evolutionary stages at some point?
    Honestly I see May's Combusken as a pokemon that will evolve eventually since it will be with her forever. Brock's Marshtomp is 50-50 IMO. There are hints though. With Swampert appearing from Masanume and Tucker. Also Marshtomp may become the Zubat of the BF saga.
    Is it just me, or does anyone else really hate the red lines under Sceptile's eyes?
    At first I thought it made it look kinda tired and angry but, I like the pink eye liner thing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrius
    I don't want Combusken to evolve, but I would LOVE to see Brock with a Swampert. It looks too cool not to evolve.

But back to the episode itself, I'm thrilled that Sceptile's evolution was done in an original, fitting way. I haven't seen the episode, but everybody's reviews are really getting me excited. I'm glad that Sceptile has a new setback to overcome; it sounds natural that a Pokemon can have problems with an evolution.

I want to see Manene steal Meowth's lines. That sounds like it will MAKE the episode for me.

I'm also excited to see Donphan with its playful Phanpy personality.
    3DS Friend Code: 5155-3421-4718
    Friend Safari: Bug-Type (Butterfree, Volbeat, & Heracross)

One question:Where did yall got this pictures from?>.<

3DS Friend Code:220852906148

After viewing the pics I'm really looking forward to watching this episode. Seems like it has some great animation.

Well Grovyle is gone and now we've got Sceptile with his pimples. I really felt sorry for him when he lost his battle against Team Rocket. I find it pretty amazing that Ash finally recieves his third fully eveolved Pokemon after so many seasons.

Donphan looked pretty funny and there was a Giovanni fantasy which we havn't seen for quite a while. I'm guessing during May's contest Ash will be trying to train Sceptile and will be successful the episode after.

I hope this episode has some good music.

Quote Originally Posted by nameless
    Form what I got, Joy said that it's due to the mental damage Sceptile suffered from his failure in love and disoriented by the evolution.
    Didn't Ash's Chikorita also go through a period of "failure in love" er somethin like that...or was it b/c Ash didn't use her in battle enough...Either way, I know fer a fact that the both have some kind of issue with love.
    Never forget the greatest man alive, my hero, Steve Irwin!
    X version friend code:4983-4985-9055. Name: Corey Pokemon: Poliwhirl, Octillary and Quagsire

nameless Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Brute Root
    Didn't Ash's Chikorita also go through a period of "failure in love" er somethin like that...or was it b/c Ash didn't use her in battle enough...Either way, I know fer a fact that the both have some kind of issue with love.
    Chikorita was mainly fighting for Ash's affection and thus hated pikachu but got over it. But even when Chikorita became Bayleef it didn't exactly lose it's fighting capability. In Grovyle/Sceptile's case he practically lost it.

One thing I can say though, Grovyle was taking it extremely seriously compared to the others. I mean he didn't exactly go, "oh well." He went like, whaaaaa, then broke down and started panting. Even when in Sceptile he was still angry, especially at the fact that he couldn't do jack.

so explain to me, if you will, exactly what was Grovyle/Sceptile's failure in love.
    Never forget the greatest man alive, my hero, Steve Irwin!
    X version friend code:4983-4985-9055. Name: Corey Pokemon: Poliwhirl, Octillary and Quagsire

He got dumped for Tropius.
    ~

Pretty much, and to rub it in Meganium and Tropius tag teamed to take out TR while he could do nothing. And it was a GOOD combo. Meganium used razor leaf, then Tropius used whirlwind(?) to make the leaves spin faster and hit harder

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast