Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Odd Pokémon Out! (438)

How are you peps watching this ep pokebip isnt loading for me.

Ok, having finally seen this episode, I have the following to say:

-Satoshi's Jukain looks a lot better than Tetsuya's. Thank God.

-Had to feel sorry for the guy, getting his heart trampled on and forgetting all his moves in the span of about five minutes. Though it should certainly provide for some juicy development in the upcoming ep.

-I think Meganium's heal bell is the only CG effect I've been able to tolerate since meteor mash.

-How exactly was Meganium healing Juputoru anyway? Joi said it had healing powers, but I didn't hear a specific teqhnique named.

-Holy crap, Nyasu's trenchcoat returns. He looks so cute when he wears that. XD

-I was surprised that they chose that piece to use during the first Juputoru vs Tropius battle. And I really wasn't expecting to hear the one used while Satoshi was talking to Joi near the end. The last time we heard that one was way back in Jouto. Bring on the oldies!
    ~

I still see Sceptile going postal in the Dawn of Revival episode. I mean, he was crapped on in this episode. I could just feel his frustation as Seviper and Cacnea took pot shots at him and not being able to hit back.

A brillant episode actually, the animation was suberb and hope the next Sceptile centered episode is done the same way.

Come to think of it, the last of Ash's Pokemon to evolve when he absolutely P.O.'ed was Charmeleon.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    Come to think of it, the last of Ash's Pokemon to evolve when he absolutely P.O.'ed was Charmeleon.
    Yeah, by Paras, LOL!
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

yeah,it was cool to see Grovyle evolve.Hope he doesn't lose any attacks.And I wonder will it still obey Ash?
    current rank:Rising trainer
    Final rank:Pokemon champion
    Oh boy,I have a long way to go.
    Future DP team:

Quote Originally Posted by ailunvideogames
    yeah,it was cool to see Grovyle evolve.Hope he doesn't lose any attacks.And I wonder will it still obey Ash?
    Of course it will. The writers are hardly going to make it a Grass type Charizard clone are they?

Yeah, by Paras, LOL!
    Actually, it was the Aerodactyl two episodes later--he really wanted to fight it, but Aero gave him the 'bii-da~!' taunt...needless to say, it was on like Donkey Kong after that.

Quote Originally Posted by crawdauntpro
    Yeah, by Paras, LOL!
    No...by Aerodactyl.

Even by looking at the pics I can tell it was devastated by the turn of events. Going to watch it when I get home from work today (after, of course, seeing Adan grace my screen <3 ).
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

nameless Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ailunvideogames
    That would be a plot hole because right after Grovyle evolves, Ash commands it to help out Megs and Tropius which is does; followed by Bullet seed command which Sceptile tries but fails, then is ordered leaf blade and it tries and then fails.

But I'm pretty sure Sceptile would still retain his old attitude he had as a Treecko.

How exactly was Meganium healing Juputoru anyway? Joi said it had healing powers, but I didn't hear a specific teqhnique named.
    Synthesis?

Aromatherapy is my guess.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT
    Actually, it was the Aerodactyl two episodes later--he really wanted to fight it, but Aero gave him the 'bii-da~!' taunt...needless to say, it was on like Donkey Kong after that.
    Okay then the two of them handed Charmeleon's backside to him on a silver platter, Hehe.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Poor Sceptile. Rejected by a Meganium and beaten by a Cacnea and Seviper. Please learn all your attacks in Dawn of Revival and show the world what a great pokemon you are.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    Aromatherapy is my guess.
    Meganium dosn't learn Aromatherapy. It should, though.

-Click the banner to read-

Want Pokemon forums with Custom-Avatars, a funky Jukebox, and no n00bs or spam whatsoever? Then come to HitmonNet, the greatest webpage on t3h internetz!

I don't think it was so much a result of an actual move, moreso a natural ability that Meganium has. Its Fire Red Pokedex entry says:

"MEGANIUM's breath has the power to revive dead grass and plants. It can make them healthy again."

Remember how Suicune has the ability to cleanse dirty water, even though it's unrelated to any of its moves? Same thing with Meganium here.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    I don't think it was so much a result of an actual move, moreso a natural ability that Meganium has. Its Fire Red Pokedex entry says:

"MEGANIUM's breath has the power to revive dead grass and plants. It can make them healthy again."

Remember how Suicune has the ability to cleanse dirty water, even though it's unrelated to any of its moves? Same thing with Meganium here.
    But Grovyle and Tropius wern't dead.

His point is that Meganium's breath has healing properties on plant life. Therefore, it was able to heal Grovyle and Tropius.

Quote Originally Posted by master chuckle
    Meganium dosn't learn Aromatherapy. It should, though.
    My mistake. This would be less complicated if it could though.

------

It requires a generous amount of assumption based on the PokeDex. There's hundreds of different entries, some with outrageous facts. Them pulling something like this here and now is wonky, especially seeing as it looked as if Meganium was using an existing attack. The only breath was at the beginning and that was Sweet Scent [EDIT: Or Heal Bell? Someone inform me].

EDIT2: And to show you what I mean by wonky facts, here's Cloyster's Dex entry:

"Its shell is extremely hard. It cannot be shattered, even with a bomb. The shell opens only when it is attacking."

Now, this isn't totally true. Cloyster's shell broke in the Indigo League. So that's why its hard see them using PokeDex entries as the basis of what a Pokemon can do, even if that is the case. (Reading Kingler's dex is funny too. I wonder if people will use that in countering the shell argument =P)
    Last edited by V Faction; 28th January 2006 at 6:23 PM.
    V | Faction

This looked like an awesome ep. Poor Grovyle though. But i think Tropius and Meganium look so cute together, brontoshipping/brachioshipping maybe? I didnt like Grovyle with the heart eyes however, so not like him but i guess any pokemon can be like that if its in love. I think Sceptile looks awesome. I also think he forgot his moves since he evolved out of anger and he was surprised he evolved. He was like whoa, im so different. I also dont get everyones problem with Sceptile, i love it and im glad Ash has another fully evolved three stage pokemon. And whats with everyone saying Sceptile is going to be slowly since its so bulky. Sceptile isnt really that bulky. He's perfectly proportional with his size. Now Charizard is bulky and he is pretty fast. Sceptile has the highest speed amongst the starter pokemon, even faster than Blaziken. Grovyle was fast due to its size but we will most likely see Sceptile be quick in other ways. I can see Sceptile being a major physical attacker with his one long range attack being Bullet Seed. With the ep after the contest being all about Sceptile we may see a new move and will see its new power. Can anyone else see Team Rocket taunting Sceptile about its previous loss and then Sceptile coming back and wiping the floor with Cacnea and Seviper? I cant wait to see the next eps. Does Sceptile have a cool voice? I wonder what it will sound like in America. Gotta wait till Tetsuya's makes its appearence.

Fan of #336 Seviper the Fang Snake Pokemon
    Seviper's sword-like tail slashes enemies and douses them with a horrible poison.
    Seviper shares a life-long, bitter rivalry with Zangoose.
    Evo Line: Seviper
    Fave moveset: Poison Tail, Toxic, Sludge Bomb, Flamethrower

Banner by me ~RT

I understand and agree with what you guys are saying about how sometimes Pokedex entries need to be taken with a grain of salt, but sometimes they are reasonable and can be applied.

And remember Suicune, like I mentioned earlier? Here are two of its Pokedex entries:

SUICUNE embodies the compassion of a pure spring of water. It runs across the land with gliding elegance. It has the power to purify dirty water.

Said to be the reincarnation of north winds, it can instantly purify filthy, murky water.

We've seen that in the anime too, in the 4th movie.
    Last edited by Geodude; 28th January 2006 at 6:55 PM.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    His point is that Meganium's breath has healing properties on plant life. Therefore, it was able to heal Grovyle and Tropius.
    I know.

Anyway I can wait to see more of Sceptile, especialy his intro scenes.

Yes yes, I agree with Suicune. I have absolutely no problem with that power. Of course, I do also give a generous Legendary benefit-of-the-doubt bonus since they are often Godly at times.

To get right down to what I am saying is... They shouldn't have had a problem with providing an attack in place of the PokeDex information. Everything in Pokemon nowadays is taking so much at face value (meaning if it doesn't exist yet, it has a good chance of coming into the Poke World). I'll give you a good example sparked by this morning's new episode: In the Togepi episode, Ash tells Bulbasaur to tickle Psyduck. Right, we all know this. Then, down the line, an actual working Tickle attack is invented. So what happened in the past is no longer necessarily the result of creative thinking and elbow grease. Most stuff in the Pokemon World is now handed to the universe upon a silver plate. Even sometimes residual effects of an attack used in a creative way get blatantly turned into their own move, like with Gyarados' Dragon Rage, which we would now call Twister.

So that's why, in my opinion, they didn't have to go digging through the Dex to some how aid Grovyle. It makes it look like they were scraping the bottom of the barrel (which is untrue, I know). I have no problem with the Dex entries, in part because of the light effect that have on the concrete stuff. I only hope they don't become extensively used, half because some are really insane and half because some bend the established laws.
    V | Faction

Hey does anyone know why the Rhyhorns were chasing Donphan? Did they find Donphan appealing to them or something?

기쁨 곱하기 슬픔 나누기
    웃음은 더하기 욕심은 빼기

Sceptile Warrior Guest

Charizard722 the Rhyhorns did not want to play with Donphan it seemed to them that it was bothering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard722
    Hey does anyone know why the Rhyhorns were chasing Donphan? Did they find Donphan appealing to them or something?
    They thought it was trying to attack their young when they saw it charging at them and scaring them away.
    FYI, there were actually 6 Rhyhorn, the younger three and the adults. I just don't know if any of the pictures online make that clear.

Yay! Grovyle evolved! After 96 episodes with Ash, it needed to evolve

Credit to V Faction

Visit my Site!

http://www.auraguardians.net/

NOTE: The site is not up yet so the link will not work.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast