Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Odd Pokémon Out! (438)

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric's_Memory View Post
    Well then again they did name it The Odd Pokemon Out! which is plain bizarre
    It refers to Grovyle being the "odd man out" in the relationship of Tropius and Meganium

change the title, it's now called "odd Pokemon out"

Poor Sceptile, he can't use any attacks.

Anyway, it was a great episode.

This episode was good. The Boss Fantasy was just ok. It was funny when Mime Jr kept pushing Meowth outta the way during their motto. Also with Meganium runing PAST Grovyle. It was awesome to see Grovyle evolve. Poor Sceptile getting owned.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Only managed to catch the end portion of it, but I caught a few important things:
    -Meganium and Tropius kept their JP voices. Not surprising, given that both have the same names in English and Japanese(and Tropius doesn't say its name in the first place)
    -Grovyle sounds a tad better than its old voice. Horrah! ...too bad we're not going to see it again, but hey...
    -Sceptile sounds good. Much better than Grovyle. Then again, maybe I'm less hard on it since it's only the evo of my favorite Pokemon.
    -So I've been saying Tropius correctly if I was aiming for Japanese but incorrectly if I was aiming for English. >> (with a long o, instead of a short o as in "tropical")

No other comments since I've heard this all before, except for this: Sceptile turned out much better than anyone'd hoped for at first("Going from Grovyle to THAT chunky thing? They must be kidding!" being what I remember thinking about it before seeing what it actually turned out to be), so I'm pleased.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

I just finished watching it. ;__: Poor Sceppy... <3 Not only did he lose Meganium, he can't even use his attacks.

Meganium running past Grovyle, and the aftermath of Grovyle being stunned= priceless.

Poor Sceppy, being heartbroken and then not using attacks. Anyway, the part with Ash in it....wow he's clueless. I mean it's not a bad thing, but it is hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky~40 View Post
    Meganium running past Grovyle, and the aftermath of Grovyle being stunned= priceless.
    Totally.

I was laughing the whole time during that. xD But I did feel bad for poor Grovyle. Poor thing was just standing there, while Ash and everybody came. And then Ash, so dense, didn't know what was wrong. xD

But this was a great episode. They just keep getting better and better.

BTW, this is the VERY first use of Growl in the animé. Friggin' GROWL.XD

I thought when Meganium ran past Grovyle was hilarious.
    Did it sound like everyone was saying Septle instead of Sceptile to anyone else?
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

The "c" is silent. As in the the word Scent.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBrain View Post
    The "c" is silent. As in the the word Scent.
    And pretty much any other word with the letters s and c in succession. I don't know why people think it's "Skep-tile", despite pretty much every other like it having the c as silent.

?*V Tsun*?
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Poor Sceptile and Grovyle, he was shot down bad, and the n not being able to use attacks,

*Stand strong Sceptile!*

Meganium doesnt even look like his type
    *This says Sceptile's a male*

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

And... it wasn't obvious before that Treecko was male?

By far the best part of the episode was Ash telling Brock that he had no idea what he was talking about in the romance department. XD Poor clueless Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
    BTW, this is the VERY first use of Growl in the animé. Friggin' GROWL.XD
    Actually, Mareep used Growl back in "Mild and Woolly" (sp?) in Johto.

<><><>

Anyway, a great episode. Meganium was too cute and my fears about Sceptile's voice can rest easy. I think it sounds even better than it did as a Grovyle. Grovyle's voice tone in its reactions was also quite nice and comboed well with the animation. I don't think we've EVER seen a pokemon mentally and emotionally break down quite that hard before, no wonder it lost its ability to use attacks.

On another positive note I think Ash's voice actor improved slightly in this episode. Its almost acceptable now.
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

XD Finally, it's in english. I watched it in Japanese over a month ago.

Interestingly, that was the first time Grovyle/Sceptile showed some attraction to the opposite gender.

Actually, Mareep used Growl back in "Mild and Woolly" (sp?) in Johto.
    Hit me, I haven't watched Johto in a while.>_<

Oh, and seems that was Sweet Scent and not Growl, which makes a lot more sense. Translator made another oopsie...-_-;

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Nurse Joy: "Sceptile is only suffering from a broken heart."
    Ash: "I thought evolving fixed that."

Stupid, stupid Satoshi. <33 That's why I love hiiim.

I like Sceptile looking forward to when he can use his attacks again.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Quote Originally Posted by ?*Virulent Tsunami*? View Post
    And pretty much any other word with the letters s and c in succession. I don't know why people think it's "Skep-tile", despite pretty much every other like it having the c as silent.

?*V Tsun*?
    The 8th Champion
    Scatter Scam Scream Scratch Scamper Scott Scoot Scoop Screech Scathe Scum

Still, I also always thought it was pretty obvious that Sceptile was pronounced "SEP-TILE" due to his name originating from "Scepter".
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Poor Ash's Pokemon, they never get the girl/guy in the end. But then again, having the clueless Ash as your trainer, it's no surprise.

The Gym - Brock is an incompetent gym leader. Hilarity ensues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagome Lover View Post
    Poor Ash's Pokemon, they never get the girl/guy in the end. But then again, having the clueless Ash as your trainer, it's no surprise.
    and yet his Charizared and Bulbasaur get girlfriends when their not with Ash. Any coincidence?
    I thought Sceptile was pernounced Skeptile in the Houen League when Tyson used it, but maybe I was just hearing wrong

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Quote Originally Posted by Poke Master 7 View Post
    and yet his Charizared and Bulbasaur get girlfriends when their not with Ash. Any coincidence?
    I thought Sceptile was pernounced Skeptile in the Houen League when Tyson used it, but maybe I was just hearing wrong
    Im about to verify that right now.

Yeah, poor Ash. The ONLY character who is clueless in this departement. That's why you have two extra characters who actually understand all of this. I think May might have understood, aswell as Brock. Though the fact that Ash was clueless about love didnt really strike me as odd. In fact i found it funnier like that. He's been like that since... well... the first mention of that topic. And yet he's still the same. Oh well, guess there's some things age doesnt change.

Eh, not bad overall, cool idea for a mecha as a tripod. On that topic, Ash was so clueless Team Rocket had to fill in the "blanks". Grovyle evolving was a given to me, it was when that i wasnt entirely sure about. I doubt anyone else noticed this but when Team Rocket sent out Seviper and Cacnea, the music that was playing is actually quite old. It's the lightning scene in "Pikachu's Rescue Adventure". Cool that i noticed this(pretty sure everyone else did).

Though the evolution was a little slow, because during it, i thought Grovyle's Overgrow ability was activated. Then he was fully glowing then it became apparent.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast